MPN: BBM100

Ian

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Paddle problem

I’m really happy with the bread,but I’m over the big hole in the bottom of loaf caused by the mixing paddle. Sometimes the paddle stays in the loaf and you have to pry it out.but the worst is when it stays in machine and a big clump of bread stays with it

J.D.

J.D.Sydney, NSW

Very good quality machine

I went through a number of cheap bread making machines and none survived past one year, all leaked water from the bread pan bottom paddle. The Breville BBM100 is the first machine to last more than 4 years and I use it regularly to make crusty white loafs. I use this machine mostly to make Pizza Dough or Bread Dough and then bake the bread in a regular oven and sometimes when I don't have time I bake a complete bread loaf. Like all bread machines they tend to bake uneven crust (lighter crust on the top) and leaves a hole in the bottom (paddle does not fold in this model). Although this machine is not perfect it makes a decent bread loaf . Very happy with this machine great value for money.

Purchased in April 2015 at Big W for $128.00.

Christine

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I’ve had fun!

My first loaf was a disaster (should have measured the yeast accurately!) but my second was a triumph! Using the good commercial bread mixes available anywhere, I’ve been producing all sorts of really tasty loaves. Adding grated cheese, cooked chopped bacon and a few herbs makes a delicious cheese and bacon loaf. And a few tablespoons of assorted grains and seeds produces yummy bread which my family actually asks for. Using the timer means your hot bread is ready when you want it. I’m now baking bread more often than I’m buying it. And it’s fun.

Purchased at FlyBuys redemption..

Not a fan of iinet

Not a fan of iinetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well

Have made a few. Seems to work ok. Some flour left at the sides. Wish there was a seperate timers for 750g bread size. Has lots of features though. Medium crust is best

Purchased in June 2019 for $99.00.

Bill

Bill

A good but basic machine

There are no bells and whistles on this machine, but it works. For all home bread-makers be prepared to jiggle the recipe and take the time to understand what each ingredient does otherwise the loaf may overflow or conversely, be as heavy as a lump of lead - if you get either fault the cause is your technique, recipe and/or ingredients; not the machine - you should use a quality bread-making flour and fresh yeast.

I generally make a very low salt fruit loaf - less than 20% of the normal Na content. After experimenting with several recipes I consistently get a beautifully textured loaf every time.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Doesn't cook properly

Have had a BBM100 for at least 10 years and have never been able to cook a decent loaf. Always comes out doughy and pale. Follow recipe exactly but makes no difference. Out of warranty now but would appeciate some advice to get lovely white bread everyone else is raving about. Purchase date is estimated.

Purchased in March 2009.

Alyce

AlyceSouth East Queensland, QLD

More than just bread

You can make bread, cakes, pizza dough...the list is endless. This have been such a delight to use and very fun going through the recipes in their recipe book which has usually resulted in good results. The only downside is probably it's bulky size and sometimes is a bit difficult to clean.

Purchased in February 2019.

Cat❤South East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

I am very happy with my machine, its easy to use & turned out a beautiful loaf of bread. I normally make my bread by hand but cannot do that anymore due to RSI. This little machine handled my recipe fantastic & the smell through my house was devine! My tips are to put a small amount of oil in the pan & around blade to stop it sticking, use a good strong bread flour & bread improver but most important is measure everything.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $112.00.

Carlo Ferraro

Carlo FerraroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jacqui

JacquiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Basic Machine.

Purchased in January 2014.

Oka1

Oka1Wagga Wagga

Unequalled value

Date PurchasedMar 2010

Excellent indeed

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Nel

NelAlbury

I am gf and need to make own bread. I would like Breville to get back to me

Easy to use yes, small and cheap but results are dreadful for gf bread. 10 months on i am frustrated and would not recommend this product for gf bread. Frequently collapsed bread on cooling after looking great initially. The gf recipes in book provided are really heavy and stodgy. No use of bread mixes covered in the research. PITY. Small paddle Seems to be an inefficient method of mixing. Dough ends up one end of pan. Design of breadmaker needs a lot of work to get my vote.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love it!

We’ve had this machine for one week and we’ve baked 4 glorious loaves. We’ve used the Laucke bread mix and added pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds when the machine beeps. Yum! It’s really simple to use and easy to clean. Love, love, love (oh and it was the cheapest machine we could find).

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Noisy, moves and overflows

Tried three times to make basic 1kg loaf - machines moves around doing literally 360 degree spin back and forth on the bench, terribly noisy, overflows/sticks to the lid. I’m not trying a smaller size loaf - I bought it to do the 1kg so if it can’t do what I bought it to do I’m taking it straight back for a refund! So disappointed :(

Date PurchasedSep 2018
James W

James WNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Love it.

I have had a Breville bread maker before and we trashed it as the settings menu wore off after 3 years lol. Ok I bought this unit at a local Betta Electrical Store and it was far better than the previous unit I owned. Absolutely love it and for a simple bread maker I highly recommend it. I used to use a mixer with a dough hook, this unit is fantastic. Mine is a 1kg unit and I cannot fault it. I used it for dough mixing and even the Sour Dough mix I purchases from woollies turned out well.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Rachael Hallett

Rachael HallettAU

Great, basic unit

I mostly use this to make pizza dough but have made plenty of bread as well. It's quite basic but does the job well. I never have to worry if the weather is too cold to rise properly. I use the recipe for pizza dough, from the book and it's great.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

banter

banterSydney, NSW

Not a Baker's Delight

There’s nothing more impressive and sure to generate accolades and admiration from your guests than serving them home-made bread. Sadly, this is something you're unlikely to experience with this bread maker. After spending a fortune on different bread mixes without success, I consulted Breville for advice and was told the answer lay in the volume of water I used. However, despite using the exact same ingredients, the volume of water that works well when baking one loaf, fails to do so with the next. In the end I’ve had to resort to start baking with the machine and then transferring the loaf to the oven. To top that off the handle on the baking tin has broken off. Save yourself the trouble and frustration and give this product a wide berth.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Mark

MarkBrisbane

Awesome litle unit

This is brilliant. It makes great bread and pizza dough. It is easy to use and has been very consistent in the short time we've had it. They are great value as you would expect from a Breville product. The kids love it and have made some very creative tastes. Great recipe booklet. Well worth it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

AY

AY

Great little helper

We received this for Xmas as husband has been wanting one to bake his own bread. I have to admit the instructions was clear to follow and almost fool proof, consistent performance on the result, perfect loaf from first time. But we have only tried white loaf so far and I was going to try the whole meal next. 1kg white loaf raise too high and stick on glass, though can be resolved by adding a piece of baking paper on top to stop the sticking. So far so happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017