Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

101 questions from our users

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

Ellie Lindley

Ellie Lindleyasked

Hi, I have spent all afternoon trying to get my BBM800 to start cooking a loaf of bread. I followed the instructions. It didn't start. I removed the dough and ensured that the base below the loaf pan was thoroughly clean. I then washed, dried and then re-inserted the dough paddle. The sicker on the LCD screen has been removed. I restarted many times. I could not dial up/select menus, yes I then pressed it to select the basic mode automatically shown, and then pressed the start button - including holding it down for a few seconds. NO RESPONSE. Please help as I hate buying expensive and faulty appliances. If someone can advise what I may have overlooked that would be great.

Daniel Audsley
Daniel Audsley

Often Bread makers spend a lot of their time just waiting for the dough to rise, they don't always start straight away either. As long as you might see the time going down it should be working.

Mez

If it has already mixed the dough then it is working. Just leave it and see wgat happens. If however it has not started the mixing process then it is faulty. Try again and if no go return for a refund. By holding the start button down for several seconds pauses the program you are on.

Yue C.
Yue C.

Check on your manual is see which program you selected and it will show you a break down of time for each stage. Some recipe requires a pre-warm stage and it won't do anything for like 30 mins.

Joseph A.

Joseph A.asked

i have a breville bbm800xl bread maker. the collapsible paddle does not collapse. how can i fix it?

The T.
The T.

Soaking in some warm water might help... You probably have some dried up bread in there

jeff5276
jeff5276

I put blade in water and boiled it for a while. Let it cool then apply olive or vegetable oil to the moving parts and work the paddle back and forth. Persevere. Remove any pieces of matter from between the moving parts. Works like new. Just saved $30.00 for a replacement.

Anthony N.
Anthony N.

A cockroach has found is way between the glass and the display can it be removed?

Julie Chapman

Julie Chapmanasked

Can you mix in nuts and seeds into your loaves?
Are the loaves rectangular like a commercial loaf rather than tall and skinny?

thanks

Mez

Yes you can add them when the alarm sounds. Either via the dispenser are add manually. The loaves in the Breville are a better shape than others but if you want a square loaf you can buy a pullman tin (google it), use the dough setting, remove the the doughand put in a bread loaf tin, allow it to raise again and bake in the oven. I do that all the time. Join Aussie Bread Maker Group on Facebook.

Andrew F.

Andrew F.asked

Does anyone have a their own modified custom mode that makes sourdough from a starter culture (no commercial yeast)? eg length of rise, no punch down etc

Mez

Check out Aussie Bread Maker Group on facebook. Lots of valuable info there.

Andrew F.

Andrew F.asked

Does turning the time of punch down to zero stop it from 'punching down'?

Rochelle B

Rochelle Basked

We’ve got a brand new machine with automatic fruit & nut dispenser- made fruit loaf as per Breville recipe instructions- first loaf turned out perfect but next 4 loaves the fruit does NOT get mixed into the loaf- they just dumped on top of loaf and burn. I’m following recipe & using “sweet” bread function. How do I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance

Gwencel

Gwencelasked

I can’t get the select knob to work it appears to be programmed for medium colour 1.5kg loaf and it says knead 1 on the lcd display how can I change this I want dark and change the size to 1 kg

Edna Georgina C.asked

bb800 stuck in Basic setting turning the Select knob does not change the setting?

Llb1977
Llb1977

I think from memory you need to use the knob down to move through each setting?

Edna Georgina C.

I have fixed it, it was simple I removed the sticker on top of the screen, in my defence I didn't have my glasses on. All good cheers

Jeff

Jeffasked

Does anyone know where the Stop button is. ?

Borgy

Borgyasked

My Breville Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is 4 years old and always performed well however lately the fruit and nut dispenser stopped opening at the beep to allow for the additions, has anyone else this problem or is there a way to fix this? I have emailed Breville regarding a solution however their response is that it is out of warranty.

Arctic cubasked

Hi I’ve just got the Breville bbm800 and right now It’s doing the 1st loaf, I didn’t see in the instructions book anything about pressing the dial to make a selection so right now it’s on basic and loaf size 0.75kg my question is if the loaf size I seemed to have chosen is too small how do I increase cooking time if needed or will I need to finish it off in an oven, I used Laucke crusty white bread mix which has 600g pouch

Arctic cub

So to let everyone know I cooked it 10mins longer and it’s PERFECT yay (yes I’m so happy :)))

Arctic cub

Oh I also found the part where it says push to select (feeling stupid right now) I do love this machine not buying anymore bread, making hot cross buns now :))

Bo B.

Bo B.asked

I have had my custom loaf pro for a month and have just tried to make my 3rd loaf and am ready to scream. The paddle starts in an upright position but falls over within a few minutes and just lays flat spinning the entire time while the ingredients sit motionless on top. It is cleaned thoroughly and I have tried pretty much bloody everything to get it to work but it is just useless and won't stay upright. Is it just defective or am I doing something wrong? It's going back to Myer today if I can't make a loaf of bread with it.

David.A

David.Aasked

Have Breville fixed the intermittent multiple switching sounds during the rising cycles problem on the Custom Loaf Pro bread maker, which were prevalent in 2019? I tried 3 machines and they all did it and my concern is that although it doesn't interfere with the finished product it would seem that there's a part in the machine that will wear out quicker than it should

Avis G.

Avis G.asked

Has the problem with the collapsible paddle been fixed?

marba

Yes, bought a fixed paddle at great expense.

Piers

Piersasked

How do I get the crust to brown?

marba

You have a custom pro machine. It is programmable. Read your book. Your programme selection dial can be turned anticlockwise and here you can start your very own set of programs. Select all the parameters that are in the program that you like that you are happy with, change just one at a time. Perhaps raise the baking temp 4- 5 degrees, or extend the baking time 5-10 minutes. But don’t do both at the one time.

Ida M.asked

I am getting a - - - H message. The machine has not been used for little over a week and has not been used intensively. Even put it in a room with a/c (live in a hot weather). Yet still get the message and can’t get it to work. Any help?

Paddomike

I would suggest that this is a job for a Breville repair centre. Sounds like a faulty sensor. I have had that message before but only when trying to put a new loaf on before giving the machine time to cool.

Thanks!

Jack M.asked

How do you get a decent colour on the top of the loaf? Mine always comes pale and looking uncooked.

Paddomike

Check that the crust setting is set to dark perhaps.

Jack M.

Sure is, doesn't make any difference

Clare
Clare

Mine is doing the same? Light top and dark sides? Super annoying. Any suggestions? It’s on dark setting

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives