Breville Creatista BNE600

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

4.4

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Vincent

VincentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely milk froth, easy to use and fast to start

We upgraded from a previous Caffitaly Saeco system purely for the milk frother of the Creatista. The microfoam in the milk froth is really good, though we are still struggling to do latte art (I'm blaming user error rather than the machine at this stage as we're not baristas!). it takes 10 seconds to start, and there are so many capsule choices to choose from, even those that regularly goes on sale in Woolies/Coles (not just nespresso brands). The milk steam wand self cleans after each use, just need to wipe the wand each time (like baristas do).

Purchased at Billy Guyatts.

Noise Level
Hendo

HendoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive for a machine with a 2 year life.

Worked well for 23 months. We had it repaired at 23 months under warranty, but same issue resurfaced 3 months after repaired machine was returned to us. The issue, albeit important one, is with milk steam wand. Milk does not get above lukewarm no matter what settings are used. Now quicker to grind beans and use a proper coffee machine (also a Breville!).

Purchased in August 2017 at Joyce Mayne.

Aldo

AldoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Machine but with Milk Problems

We have had the machine for 16 months and everything has been going perfectly except the milk frothing.
Now with minimum milk in jug the milk gets to boiling point and overflows have to stop it manually. Maybe a thermostat problem. Now we have the inconvenience of returning the machine to manufacturer and waiting for it to be returned.

Purchased in December 2017.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Breville Creatista BNE600 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

KellieL

KellieLSydney

Great replacement for our Citiz and milk

We had a Citiz and milk for years and it recently bit the dust - it got a lot of use in the years we had it.

We decided to upgrade from the Citiz to a machine where you froth your own milk but did not want to pay the money for a Creatista Plus as we still go out for coffee on the weekends and sometimes buy one during the week.

The Creatista was on special at DJs so we bit the bullet and bought one - such a great machine.

The ability to froth the milk to the temperature you want is a bonus we never had on the Citiz and the coffee is still consistent.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$449.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week
Geelong

GeelongGeelong

I love this machine!!!

I recently purchased the BNE600 in Champagne. I find the little screen for selecting the type of coffee, milk temperature and texture so easy and fun to use. I have found the coffee nicer than any manual machine I have used, and I like that it uses a wand to froth the milk, but has a temperature detector underneath where the jug sits, so it turns itself off once the milk reaches the chosen temperature. I was also impressed by the recycling program for used pods.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jacko

Jacko

Perfectly steamed milk, and excellent coffee

I have had another (cheaper) Nespresso machine with a milk frother. The milk steamer is far superior. The machines is very adjustable - coffee amount, milk temperature, milk froth etc. It is easy to move between options. Although I liked the milk/coffee temperature, some that tried it thought my coffee was too cold even on the highest temperature - this depends on preference.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Jan O

Jan OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Coffee Machine

Great quality unit. It makes delicious coffee and is easy to use. I normally place everything away but this machine adds a touch of class to my clinically clean kitchen. Ideal for a fast espresso or a cappuccino. I would highly recommend this model for any Italian as the crema is perfetto!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Tuong

TuongMelbourne

Great coffee machine

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mac

MacSydney

GREAT coffee machine

What a beautiful product! Great coffee machine with coffee choices and milk froth settings to suit your preference. It heats up within 10 seconds from turning on. It produces superb creamy froth just like a barista from a cafe. It's been saving us hundreds of dollars so far by enjoying the coffees from home. It costs just around $1.20 (a capsule and milk) instead of paying for a $3 - $5 per cup. You do the maths absolutely worth it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Katherine

KatherineGold Coast

It’s good but just good and cannot auto clean steam wand

At first, I did love this creatista. But there is a big problem that many times the machine just turn off immediately in the latter stage of the milk frothing. It doesn’t auto purge to rinse itself even though I follow the instructions to return its down position. And I need to turn on the machine AGAIN to choose steam purge for cleaning steam wand. It’s really annoying and seems not worth to a buy a machine like that cannot auto clean and just quickly and suddenly turn off even you don’t know does it finish the milk frothing.
BTW, I bought it TWO weeks ago!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Spillmill

SpillmillQueensland

Great way to save money on coffee - and get consistency too!

We love using this to make coffee at home. Fast start up, choose an option and get your coffee shot / ristretto etc, fill the milk jug, hit start and walk away - it has a temperature sensor with 5 settings. I also like how it sprays some water out of the steaming wand automatically after you finish - you do have to wipe the outside of course.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Gabi

Gabi

Milk perfection.

Great machine, we can’t live without it anymore. Quick and silent, easy to clean.
The best thing of this machine is the milk frother, absolutely fantastic, the texture is really smooth. It works great with plant based milk as well such as coconut, almond and soy. The only downside is that the pod dispenser is small, nothing major though. We still recommend it to all our friends.

Tngo

TngoAU

Taste as good as coffee shop, frog is smooth but no custom control

I think I love it all overal, pack with nesspresso pods I saved a lot of money from spending at coffee shop. The only downside is no custom control on the froth which my friend who is barrister said he can't do the art much with it. But I love its frog smoothness and automation and easy to clean that saved me a lot of time and for its price, I think I got the best choice

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Alice L

Alice LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very easy to use and perfect coffee

This is the second Nespresso machine I own. It trumps last model I had which is a Lattissima. Quick and easy to make cafe standard coffee and it's fool proof. Everyone can make perfect coffee with this machine. Love the large water reservoir and the slick design. Easy to clean is also another plus feature for Creatista. Love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
switchblade9

switchblade9South East Queensland, QLD

Takes excessive to a whole new level

At first I loved the look of this machine, the coffee tastes fine, and it’s really easy to use but the constant cleaning is way over the top, or inefficient, and it uses a lot of water in the process. We’ve tried a new wand nozzle, and Nespresso’s own descaler. We don’t live in a hard water area but this machine now wants to do a nozzle clean after every coffee. Nespresso have supplied us a basic machine but are yet to collect our Creatista.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

B. K.

B. K.AU

Excellent machine for all types of coffee!

I always love the convenience of capsule machines. It produces excellent, black, coffee in no time, no mess, but if you prefer your coffee with milk, the milk quality that comes out of the frother is not so good.

This machine perfectly addresses that. I can now get barista quality milk with its easy to use steaming wand, and best of all, it's really easy to clean and maintain. Just wipe the wand with wet cloth and you're done!

My only complaint is the screen contrast. Under certain lighting it's a bit hard to see from angles, but that's a not a big deal.

Ryan S

Ryan SAdelaide

Best capsule machine

I can't believe the taste of this coffee. I have stopped buying takeaway coffees and now just use this pod machine. I have used a few pod machines in the past so didn't have high hopes but I was pleasantly surprised with how good this tastes. Definitely worth the price.

E. S.

E. S.Melbourne

Not cheap but worth it

This is the first coffee machine ever bought, and we chose to go with a capsule model to make it as easy on us as possible. We're pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to get good results out of it. However, the menu system can be difficult to use at times as the buttons and knobs aren't intuitive to use at all. And it was not cheap, as this Nespresso machine is one of the premium models.Also, submit the capsule rebate straightaway as it expires every month.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Bill H

Bill H

Excellent product with one Improvement please!

Am happy with this product but as a person with a vision problem I find the menu screen difficult to see at times. The screen contrast is where I have an issue and it would be better if it was a black background with white symbols and text. This would be more alighted to Nespresso packaging etc. Does a good job of making coffee but I find I need to adjust the temp settings to
Maximum for my preference. Once this is done it does remember the settings.

Date PurchasedDec 2017