Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie

MPN: 18000132

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

4.4

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Allie C

Allie CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Compact, great coffee and value for money

I have had this little machine for over 10 months now and absolutely love it. The milk frother is fantastic and the quality of my cappiccinos are way better than any McDonald's or other takeaways. I buy the pods when on special for $7. Their value for money is the same as Nespresso pods however quality is way better in my opinion. I make sure I descale the machine once a month and keep it clean and so far it has been going great. I make 2 coffees a day. Woolworths stocks 3/4 flavours, whereas Coles bow stocks the Decaff and the new Lungo version so overall the range is still good. Big savings in the long term and the convenience of not having to leave the house for my daily coffee.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$50.00.

Rick

RickSydney, NSW

Good little machine

Purchased this machine after looking at machines under $100. This one stood out from the rest. Was happy with the quality of coffee produced by this machine. It easy to clean.

Purchased in March 2020 at Officeworks.

Reills6754

Reills6754Wheatbelt, WA

Nice coffee

My brand new machine only lets the water through at a dribble, sometimes takes 3 goes to fill a small coffee cup, not happy, this is the reason I replaced my older Lavazza Mio machine, thought the pump was not working but this is exactly the same. Any suggestions considering the machine is brand new

Purchased in April 2020 at Lavazza Australia for A$119.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

leon33

leon33South East Queensland, QLD

Does the job.

The only complaint I have is the fill-level varies. The machine does stop after ninety seconds, but the coffee comes out in dribs and drabs even after de- scaling it twice, the cup is filled sometimes and the cup is filled only three quarters other times, then the button had to be pressed again to get a full cup, but has to be watched, as this starts the ninety second fill cycle again. Temperature is correct, as everyone knows coffee should not be made with boiling water.

Leon Novello

Purchased in June 2019 at Kogan.

JanHampton

Exceptional customer service

I was given a Lavazza a Modo Mio Jolie coffee capsule machine. Unfortunately the water tank was damaged so I phoned Lavazza to see if I could purchase a replacement. I spoke to a very helpful young man who found they had one in stock. I asked how much and he said it's free and a late Christmas present and offered to post it out. He made my day with such a generous offer. It arrived a few days later as promised.
Thank you so much Lavazza, I've been purchasing your coffee for over 20 years, now I can tell everyone what fabulous service you offer your customers too.

Ujkl

Ujkl

Compact size & perfect for one

Purchased in March 2018.

DavidNorth Queensland, QLD

Better than McDonalds coffee

I run the water through close to two times for a large cup. I use full cream milk in the frother and the cappuccino is creamy and stays creamy. My cups are easily better than a $5 McDonald's coffee, and the equal of any overpriced crappuccino here in Townsville (except GJs). I'm not boasting; the machine does all the work. I make good coffees 9 times out of 10. I lost the whisk and Lavazza head office sent me a new one. Terrific!

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for A$179.00.

Salim K

Salim KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine

This machine saves me $1000 a year because it's the closest you can get to a barista coffee with a pod.

I use a Delonghi Nespresso pod machine at work and I used to use a Vittoria machine at home and they're not even in the same league with this one.

Pods are slightly more expensive but it's definitely worth it. ($11 for 16 retail price but they frequently drop to $7-8 with sales)

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$176.00.

JayJaySydney

< 50 pods, no longer pushes water through pod and leaks. Users scared of electrocution

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Product is used Weekly

Karina

KarinaSydney, NSW

Short life coffee machine

I purchased this first coffee machine lavazza a modo mio jolie in mid march 2019 at harvey norman bondi to replaced my old lavazza machine that i had for 3 years. Within 2 weeks, the machine breakdown. So i took it back to get replacement. It works well, loves the coffee. And today it broken down again. I cant turn it on the machine at all.
Im starting to lose confident with this machine. Im afraid to get another replacement and it will broken again within few weeks. Does it worth it? Totally unsure.
Very dissapointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$78.00.

David H

David HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great little machine!

Great machine... great coffee.
As for the cost of the pods, Coles supermarkets seem to have the boxes on special every five to six weeks so stock up when you see them!

Purchased in January 2019.

Tracy

TracyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Can't teach without it!

I'm a secondary school teacher who spent over 6 months with this machine. It was a very rough six-month time I had but this machine made coffee that kept my energy level. The quality of coffee produced has been very consistent. There's another brand's coffee machine at school I used occasionally but didn't produced coffee with a consistent quality (sometimes better sometimes not as good). Coffee temperatures consistently probably as high as 80 degrees (steaming). I'd say the Lavazza Jolie machine may be one of the fees that gives a crema like layer for its coffee.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Kelvin and Michelle

Kelvin and MichelleSunbury

Compact little coffee Machaine

Date PurchasedDec 2017

SueSydney, NSW

Perfect

This coffee machine is the best i have ever owned. So easy to use, coffee tastes excellent. You can make the latte, cappuccino etc. pretty much the temp you like. I would definitely recommend this quiet working machine to everyone who loves to make a latte etc. at home and save some money. Also the milk frother is equally as good. Can't say anything bad about it Sue

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Sleemo

SleemoAdelaide

Love it

I love this coffee machine is fantastic provides a great cup of coffee. Great water flow, not too hot milk, holds alot of coffee pods and does a decent amount of cups before needing to refill water. I only do not give it a 5 star as only limited number of places with limited variety of coffee pods are available eg Woolworths only carry 2 flavours.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Urrbrae-RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The easiest way to make great coffee

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jock

JockSydney, NSW

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie great machine

I have tried all the different coffees machines & coffees when Harvey Norman had there taste tests & the Lavazza coffee was the best by far I use the ORO capsule but have tried the others & they are good as well nice & easy & a good price as well

Date PurchasedNov 2009
Lisa

LisaTorquay

Lovely little machine

This is a great little coffee pod machine. I like the coffee that comes in various types and the ease of use of the machine itself. It also came with a coffee frother which works very well. The cost of my morning coffee has this covered in less than 4 months.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Riccardo

Riccardo

Exceptionally Great

Lavazza's Jolie Espresso machine is perfection, simplistic and makes a quality coffee every time. The selection of 18 varieties is outstanding, something for every ones taste. Deciding which one is the hardest, as they're all extremely exceptionally delicious. As well as the machine is easy to clean and maintain. You're on a winner here.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Katie P

Katie PUnincorporated, SA

Can't go wrong

I am really happy with this product. I love the taste and I love the the selection of the different capsules Lavazza has to offer. It's easy to use, you hardly have to clean it. When you do have to clean it, you simply empty the capsule container and give is a rinse.
The machine itself looks stunning too. Very happy customer!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fiona

Fionaasked

I am now on my second machine that simply stops working - we descaled and clean regularly. The pod is punctured but water not flowing through. So disappointed as i love this coffee.

David

The water outlet may be blocked. Try inserting a skewer up it to dislodge any residue. I would call the Lavazza customer service. If they can't advise you, ask them if they can replace the machine. I've found them to be reasonable.

Pamela P.asked

Why is water/coffee leaking into the used capsule compartment?

David

Our machine does this too, since new. I am not sure why but it has never affected the operation. I just empty it after use.

Pamela P.

Thank you, but ours has just started to do it after 6 months.....we have just descaled it to see if it makes a difference....

Jan

Hi, mine does too even I after I descaled it. It's not a lot so I just empty it out with the capsule and it doesn't affect the operation. I've just purchased a re-useable stainless steel capsule so I'll post how that works out too. Hope it goes well and I don't have to purchase non recyclable capsules again!

Ela Wasked

What is the maximum dispensing volume? If you let it drip until it stops by itself , how much coffee does it make, in millilitres (ml) ? Thanks

Sue

I will have to get back to you on that one i have never measured it.

Ela W

It’s ok, I found out the answer in the meantime. Unfortunately the total amount of dispensed coffee is the entire capacity of the water tank! So there isn’t a way to preset it to stop after a cup of coffee. It only works with an ON/OFF button for making coffee and you have to watch it and stop when you have enough coffee in the cup. This is very impractical in busy environments where not everyone understands that this is the process, most machines on the market dispense one coffee at a time, so it leads to spillages if people don’t figure out in time how to stop it or are walking away from the machine whilst it’s making the coffee. Very bad design, I guess that’s why Lavazza now brought out a new model called A Modo Mio Jolie Plus . This new one has a preset small/large coffee function ( 2 buttons) which can also be adjusted in volume to suit your own cups.
How could anyone bring out a machine that literally pours 600ml of coffee in a tiny cup unless you’re watching it and stopping in time??

Urrbrae-Rob

We like small espresso coffees so this machine is perfect for us. You do have to watch the amount coming from the machine. We usually dispense around 50ml per capsule. I understand the machine turns off by itself after 90ml. But I think the coffee would be very weak with that amount. I don’t think it would be much use in an office environment where people want a large serve and aren’t prepared to put in a little effort to make a perfect coffee. We’ve been drinking Lavazza coffee for nearly 40 years and it’s still our favourite.