Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie

MPN: 18000132

See the Best Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

An excellent machine

At first, the machine stopped after 90 seconds with 200ml cups. Then it started to overflow even with 400ml mugs. Now it stops after 90 seconds, just short of the rim with milk in the cup. It seems to have settled down now and stopping automatically. The instruction book is not quiet clear about this, making it appear that the button has to pressed to stop it after the coffee is dispensed after 90 seconds.

Purchased in June 2019.

Great machine

This machine saves me $1000 a year because it's the closest you can get to a barista coffee with a pod.

I use a Delonghi Nespresso pod machine at work and I used to use a Vittoria machine at home and they're not even in the same league with this one.

Pods are slightly more expensive but it's definitely worth it. ($11 for 16 retail price but they frequently drop to $7-8 with sales)

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $176.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily

< 50 pods, no longer pushes water through pod and leaks. Users scared of electrocution

Second Lavazza - older model was double the price of this one and probably lasted 2-3 times longer, but that's ok - at least I felt like it was no longer still new.

Bought this one mainly because The Good Guys Erina sales assistant recommended it as great value because of the cashback sign on it. Anyway cashback mail-in to Lavazza rejected - The Good Guys displayed the signage before the promotion period had started. I had trusted the sales assistant and didn't think of reading the small print. Maybe the assistant recommending it and taking it to the counter for me to purchase, and telling me how to do the cashback didn't know either? Anyway, Lavazza and The Good Guys didn't think this was disingenuous. Used to spend a few grand a year at The Good Guys as they were my goto store - haven't made a single purchase there since.

Anyway, strike 1.

This unit, the Jolie, sits in a guest apartment I have - weekend use at most but I was still surprised how little use it got going by the reduction in pods I'd left for the guests. After all, the coffee taste quite ok from it. I assumed because I have quality cafes within a few minutes walk they simply weren't making coffee at the place.

Occasionally guests told me of the machine leaking all over the bench and they stopped using it because they feared electrocution. But I would check it out to find the water tray full. I would then put a used pod through it not to waste a good one to show them it worked ok. I feel stupid now.

One guest who knew pod machines well finally told me no coffee was coming out. He showed me that with new pods - the Lavazza brand I supply - it's having trouble pushing the water through - just a dribble, and 95% of the water rushes out into the water tray quickly overfilling it and leaking everywhere. I'd been fooled because I was showing guests it worked with used pods, which simply now had twice as many holes pierced in them and most of the coffee solubles removed.

So of course this happened 6 weeks out of warranty. Machine in bin, boxes of unused pods in the bin as of course I can't stick with the brand after this.

2 stars because the coffee is quite good.

Also this unit is different to many pod machines in that you have to start and stop the coffee flow. Although this good for discerning users, it fooled a lot of first time users.

Definitely not good value if it only lasts a year. Note the highly rated reviews here have rated it after using for such a short period. I would have rated higher at that stage too, just dropping a star because of the cashback rejection. Anyway, that's why they do cashback instead of just reducing the selling price.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Product is used: Weekly
Lavazza finally got back to my email after 2 weeks (haha) just giving me their tech support number, which amused me. Yeah, l have already got through their tamper proof screws to pull it to pieces looking for obvious leaking points - they'll be like: "Did you plug it in? Did you empty the drip tray?"

Short life coffee machine

I purchased this first coffee machine lavazza a modo mio jolie in mid march 2019 at harvey norman bondi to replaced my old lavazza machine that i had for 3 years. Within 2 weeks, the machine breakdown. So i took it back to get replacement. It works well, loves the coffee. And today it broken down again. I cant turn it on the machine at all.
Im starting to lose confident with this machine. Im afraid to get another replacement and it will broken again within few weeks. Does it worth it? Totally unsure.
Very dissapointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $78.00.

Great little machine!

Great machine... great coffee.
As for the cost of the pods, Coles supermarkets seem to have the boxes on special every five to six weeks so stock up when you see them!

Purchased in January 2019.

Milk Frothing

Can't teach without it!

I'm a secondary school teacher who spent over 6 months with this machine. It was a very rough six-month time I had but this machine made coffee that kept my energy level. The quality of coffee produced has been very consistent. There's another brand's coffee machine at school I used occasionally but didn't produced coffee with a consistent quality (sometimes better sometimes not as good). Coffee temperatures consistently probably as high as 80 degrees (steaming). I'd say the Lavazza Jolie machine may be one of the fees that gives a crema like layer for its coffee.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Compact little coffee Machaine

We have 2 of these Lavazza Coffee machines after going through the Aldi brands every year with faults, I purchased the Little Lavazza, The Coffee Pods are on the pricey side but makes for a nice coffee, I tend to heat the milk in the cup first in the Microwave and it takes two sessions to fill the cup, I do have to watch the second session as the cup may over flow, I am impressed with the strong flavor considering it is a small pod. I need to be mindful to empty the expelled pods as it only hold around 5 used pods comfortably. I find the filling of the cup rather slow but still happy with the Unit, We also managed to pick up another off the discounted table at the Goodguys for $35 and is left in the Caravan. The selection of Pods is only 2 strengths at Woolworths and the Goodguys carry some also have a few more options, they also have compatible ones, but have not tried them. I believe Coles may offer a better selection.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Perfect

This coffee machine is the best i have ever owned. So easy to use, coffee tastes excellent. You can make the latte, cappuccino etc. pretty much the temp you like. I would definitely recommend this quiet working machine to everyone who loves to make a latte etc. at home and save some money. Also the milk frother is equally as good. Can't say anything bad about it Sue

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love it

I love this coffee machine is fantastic provides a great cup of coffee. Great water flow, not too hot milk, holds alot of coffee pods and does a decent amount of cups before needing to refill water. I only do not give it a 5 star as only limited number of places with limited variety of coffee pods are available eg Woolworths only carry 2 flavours.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

The easiest way to make great coffee

After considerable research, and a long history of loving Lavazza coffee I decided on the A Modo Mio Jolie to take with us on an extended holiday at an apartment. At home I use a proper machine and we really can't live without our daily fix of decent expresso or whatever takes our fancy at the time. Trying the various (sample) pods supplied with the machine was interesting and we've settled on a couple of favourites. The Jolie is very easy to use, delivers hot full flavoured coffee and is easy to clean. It takes up very little bench space and heats up as stated in 30 seconds. We accept that it is only a small unit and you have to keep topping up the water reservoir pretty much every time. But for a very quick and easy coffee we couldn't be happier. I'm careful to flush just hot water through it to start which also heats the cup and to flush some water through afterwards. I've also bought the matching Lavazza milk frother. Doesn't deliver quite the same silky finish as the "big" machine but it is also really easy to use and means we can have a flat white as well. Coles has a reasonable choice of pods.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie great machine

I have tried all the different coffees machines & coffees when Harvey Norman had there taste tests & the Lavazza coffee was the best by far I use the ORO capsule but have tried the others & they are good as well nice & easy & a good price as well

Date PurchasedNov 2009

Lovely little machine

This is a great little coffee pod machine. I like the coffee that comes in various types and the ease of use of the machine itself. It also came with a coffee frother which works very well. The cost of my morning coffee has this covered in less than 4 months.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Exceptionally Great

Lavazza's Jolie Espresso machine is perfection, simplistic and makes a quality coffee every time. The selection of 18 varieties is outstanding, something for every ones taste. Deciding which one is the hardest, as they're all extremely exceptionally delicious. As well as the machine is easy to clean and maintain. You're on a winner here.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Can't go wrong

I am really happy with this product. I love the taste and I love the the selection of the different capsules Lavazza has to offer. It's easy to use, you hardly have to clean it. When you do have to clean it, you simply empty the capsule container and give is a rinse.
The machine itself looks stunning too. Very happy customer!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love this coffee machine

I love this brand of machine,this is the second one.I bought this newer model for home and took the old one to work.Very easy to use makes great coffee and froths the milk great.I also lost the frothier whisk and rang lavazza who sent me a replacement one at no cost and were very friendly to deal with which would make me deal with this brand again

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great compact coffee machine.

Just purchased this machine and I'm already impressed with its simplicity and the quality of the coffee. Easy to clean and excellent frothing function. Great range of coffee products that can be purchased through local outlets so that it is easy to replenish supplies when you run out. Well done Lavazza!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Perfect coffee every time.

I can't get through my morning without a cup of coffee. And with the Lavazza Jolie my morning has become even easier. It is very easy to use. Pop in some water at the back, add your capsule, push a button and then it's up to the machine. Always the perfect temperature with a lovely taste and super quick to make. It even comes with a milk frother which I like to use when making the kids hot chocolate. The addition of the drip tray makes the machine very easy to use. I also received $50 cashback after purchasing it!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Compact and reliable

I absolutely love Lavazza coffee, I have for years. I couldn't wait to get my hands on a Jolie. It's small, sexy and easy to use. The only downside I have is the colour choices made by Lavazza, white is lovely but the red is outdated. Perhaps black or grey would have been a better sales choice.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

What is the maximum dispensing volume? If you let it drip until it stops by itself , how much coffee does it make, in millilitres (ml) ? Thanks
I will have to get back to you on that one i have never measured it.It’s ok, I found out the answer in the meantime. Unfortunately the total amount of dispensed coffee is the entire capacity of the water tank! So there isn’t a way to preset it to stop after a cup of coffee. It only works with an ON/OFF button for making coffee and you have to watch it and stop when you have enough coffee in the cup. This is very impractical in busy environments where not everyone understands that this is the process, most machines on the market dispense one coffee at a time, so it leads to spillages if people don’t figure out in time how to stop it or are walking away from the machine whilst it’s making the coffee. Very bad design, I guess that’s why Lavazza now brought out a new model called A Modo Mio Jolie Plus . This new one has a preset small/large coffee function ( 2 buttons) which can also be adjusted in volume to suit your own cups. How could anyone bring out a machine that literally pours 600ml of coffee in a tiny cup unless you’re watching it and stopping in time??We like small espresso coffees so this machine is perfect for us. You do have to watch the amount coming from the machine. We usually dispense around 50ml per capsule. I understand the machine turns off by itself after 90ml. But I think the coffee would be very weak with that amount. I don’t think it would be much use in an office environment where people want a large serve and aren’t prepared to put in a little effort to make a perfect coffee. We’ve been drinking Lavazza coffee for nearly 40 years and it’s still our favourite.

I have one of these - after about 10 cups, the water has stopped turning off at the right moment - is there a cup size setting that I've accidentally changed or is it faulty?
You can set the ‘dose’ size - download the manual from https://www.lavazza.co.uk/en/assistance/jolie-plus.html for instructions.

A Modo Mio Jolie