Breville Rice Box BRC460

Breville Rice Box BRC460

WhingeForChangeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I should have used a rice cooker sooner

Purchased in March 2019.

So veratile, not just for cooking rice!

Great price, performs exactly how the instruction booklet describes, very user friendly - have made amazing potato bakes, casseroles and many rice dishes.
Looking forward to making jam over the weekend and experimenting!

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia for $69.00.

Life span 12 month - waste of money

How Long a rice cooker life span should be? I have got two BRC460 died with same c3 error in past 3 years (first one was replaced by warranty). I should have read all the reviews about the c3 error which seems to be wellknown issue.

Service support could be improved to explain to customer what happened to the error code, instead of offering discounts to buy a 3rd BRC460...

Purchased in January 2016 for $99.00.

Jacquie

JacquieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great rice cooker

We’ve had our rice cooker for about four weeks now. Have cooked both brown and white rice. On every occasion the rice has been perfectly cooked. It is quick to cook and so easy to clean the non stick container. We re very happy with it. Best rice cooker we’ve ever had and we have had a few.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Terry

TerrySydney

Great cooker but very slow

The rice cooker is well designed, easy to use with lots of settings. I have had it for nearly three years and running as well as when I first bought it. Easy to clean. The one detractor I find however, it takes at least 40 mins - 1+ hr to cook the rice especially brown.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Peter

PeterAdelaide

Fluffy rice

Easy to use cooks rice exactly how you want it. The keep warm function works great. Only con is it is large and takes up a lot of bench space. I paid $100 including freight which makes it a mid price and good value for money with more than basic features

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sim

Sim

Ricetastic!

Great rice cooker. I cook half medium grain brown rice with half long grain white rice (together) and never had a problem producing perfectly cook rice. Even my Japanese mum was impressed. Cleaning the lid was a breeze, just a quick wipe and voila. The only issue I had was when sparks flew and a bang came from opening the lid after cooking the rice this week. Thankfully it was after the rice was cooked! I am tossing up between this one and the Panasonic SR-DF101WST for my replacement and if I can't decide then yes I would buy this cooker again.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Ravando

RavandoMelbourne

Good Quality!

We decided to go with Breville Rice Box because of much good feedback that we heard. Up until now, we are delighted with the Rice Cooker. The Teflon is easy to clean. It can cook two cups of rice for around 30 minutes or less. The lamp indicator also makes us know how long we have been keeping the rice for.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Morgan

MorganMelbourne

Quite a good rice cooker

I love it when rice cookers cook rice to perfection every single time with barely any sticking to the bottom. This rice cooker does a perfect job maybe ninety percent of the time, which is still fantastic, but if you are one of those people who want a perfectly reliant rice cooker this is almost exactly what you’re after! I love it, and even on the odd occasion it does stick to the bottom it is never burnt and easily scraped off.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad Buy

Brought this rice Cooker after reading good reviews my advise don't buy, Purchased one on the 22/6/18 used once second time 6days later ready to cook rice switched on the cooker went with a pop and that was it Rice Cooker dead not impressed with Brevllle should have at least lasted 6mths. {ha ha}

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Seldov

SeldovMelbourne

Best ever rice cooker

We got this rice cooker free (flybuys under 22,000 pts). There is no overflow bubbling during cooking & rice is cooked to perfection.. it also cooks porridge, congee & sushi (not used yet). Easy to clean, absolutely love it & highly recommended.
Only Disadvantage: it’s bulky - but worth it

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Renie

RenieSydney

Perfect rice cooker

Hi there,
I have breville rice box BRC460 for almost 5 years old, still working until now. But on the bowl ( non-stick bowl) have a bit damage because I have to use everyday. Just wondering if breville have sale non-stick bowl only for rice box BRC460 type or maybe another shop where I could find the non-stick bowl with the same type?

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Well done Breville, a detailed cook book please.

Well done Breville, a wonderful addition to our Breville collection.
Cooking is a lot to do with ingredients, taste and your final manic touch of love. The cooking instructions are a bit briefed but a good start. You may need to add a bit if more liquid in general.
Please Breville if you can expand on some sections, like cooking risotto, other grains, and soup.
An excellent value for money. Rivals some of the best brands from rice eating nations.

Michael

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
alicoskun

alicoskunMelbourne, Victoria

Our new best friend!

Read a few posts that criticise this appliance. They possibly could be from a bad batch. Maybe they don’t follow instructions very well. For me and my family it makes basmati rice perfectly every time! Use it almost every second day as we enjoy our stir fries and curries. Hassle free cooking. No issues or dramas as yet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
mz_dvs

mz_dvsSydney

Great rice cooker

Quite happy with this rice cooker. Cooks rice very well. Quite impress as we mainly use it to cook brown rice daily and it always turns out nice and fluffy and even, but it does cook a bit slower which is not really a problem for me. The other functions available are also great optionsto have. Easy to use and Easy to clean.
I would highly recommend it and worth the price especially if you get it on when it is on sale.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Jason

JasonRingwood

bad

Purchase this rice cooker about 3 years ago and it shows C3 error cannot be fixed. This is considered as expensive rice cooker but not last for 3 years. I have a rice cooker from kmart and last for 8 years previously and it is still running strong. Please don't buy this rice cooker.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

nica80

nica80WATSON

Amazing

We use this all the time.for normal rice, sticky rice and the occasional risotto. Everything comes out perfectly making me feel like a bit of a rice star. Been working for over a year now and no issues. Soak the rice for good sticky rice. Takes about 40mins for cooking

Date PurchasedMay 2015

darry71

darry71Sydney

Love this machine. Cooks good rice every time.

This machine is about 3 years old now and always cooks rice perfect. Never had overcooked or undercooked rice from this machine. It does cook the rice slowly which is not an issue for me, because the quality is very good. The grains are evenly cooked from the top to the bottom.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

BaileyPompom

BaileyPompomPerth

Perfect little rice cooker

Cooks up to 10 cups of rice, and that is a lot of rice for a lot of people. We've only ever use it to cook jasmine rice.
Pros:
Easy to clean
Teflon lining lasts 3 years and counting
Cons:
Takes 25 mins to cook 2 cups of rice and longer for more cups

Date PurchasedDec 2015

DCMB

DCMBasked

Manual for BRC460 refers to a STOP button to cancel the WARM setting after cooking the rice. Cannot find any STOP button. Where is it??

WhingeForChange

push the 'CANCEL' button, I just did it then!

Roy

Royasked

I have the Breville BRC 460 white model. The only disappointment is that you cannot read the water levels inside the rice bowl as it is the same black colour as the bowl. The previous model had the levels in white which was so easy to read. How can the levels be highlighted?

WhingeForChange

I just use the same amount of water and rice so I never bother looking at the markings

GJ Skeen
GJ Skeen

EI use a measuring cup for accuracy.

DianaT
DianaT

HIya WingeForChange.

How do you determine the same amount of water and rice? Dry rice 1 cup = water 1 cup???
I rinse the rice in the rice cooker's bowl, till water runs clear, and then fill up to level indicated. Ie. rice is already wet, to some degree, before I add more water.
You maybe use a different bowl for rinsing?

GuestJ

GuestJasked

I accidentally poured rice into the cooker without the bowl unit and now there is rice stuck under the element and is rattling around inside the machine. I can’t get it out and am worried when I turn it on it will burn
Please help

Take it in for service

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryRice Cookers