2Breville Rice Box BRC460

69% · 5217 · 23%

Auto shut-off protection
5 settings and 3 functions
Easy-to-clean design
See the Best Rice Cookers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AnnaT
AnnaTQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts
  Top Review
I love my Breville The Rice Box Cooker BRC460I bought this rice cooker in 2015 from Billy Guyatts online for $99 including delivery. It's 2021 and I'm still using it. It works very well, cooks me perfect rice every time for my family. It doesn't stick and doesn't leak etc. It switches to warm once the rice is cooked. I wash the rice and add the rice, water and a pinch of salt to the cooker and press go. The Breville rice cooker does all the rest for me. Perfect rice every time and if I get busy and take some time to get back to the cooker, it's switched to warm and my rice is perfect (not burned like it would be on the stove). I love one touch cooking. It does have many settings but I use it just for rice. It never disappoints.

Purchased in for $99.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Kim M
Kim MVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  Top Review
Doesn't lastBought this rice cooker last July (2016) to replace my grandfather's that I was using (10+ years old and going strong), and twice now it simply doesn't work without any warning. No flashing C3 or C4 error lights, nothing. Just doesn't work. Received a replacement unit in April 2017 and today, Aug 26 2017, not even 5 months old, and it just doesn't work. I don't even use it frequently, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. Loved it when it worked and found the rice to be cooked just right, hence the gracious 2 stars. Come on Breville, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this one right, I mean my grandfather's unit was an inexpensive basic model and the only reason I replaced it was because I got suss about the metal bowl and I wanted a larger capacity for when I have the family over.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
KeebersVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Wonderful, perfect - GET IT and don't hesitate!

60yo female here. Initially, I thought why get a rice cooker when I can use the stove? Oh, this changes everything! I will NEVER NEVER NEVER use the stove to cook rice again. I'm not a rice expert but this changes everything. It takes longer to cook - Yes ... but the results are great. I start it off at the beginning of dinner prep or even earlier. Then forget all about it. Cook everything else, then ... oh yeah - where's the rice? It's sitting there perfectly cooked. No Mess and sooooo easy to clean. It is restaurant rice with so little effort. Show details
Annette SearleNSWMid North Coast, NSW22 posts

Mathew D
Mathew DAU14 posts

Best Rice cooker

The best rice cooker I've had. Quiet and doesn't leak water like other brands. All good here. Show details
shanexu3
shanexu3WAPerth, WA282 posts
Sarah C.
Sarah C.NSWSydney, NSW19 posts

amar
amar2 posts

Rice cooker BRC460 - Do not buy bad customer service

The product is not working again its 5th time. I've been patiently waiting and cooperating to see they do right for the time and money I spent for the product, They do not seem to care about their customers. I bought the unit over a year ago and had three times replacement of the unit. every time I had to wait for months to get the replacement, At once I had to wait for more than 4 months to get the replacement unit. I did understand COVID and other issues. Literally, I did not even had the unit for an year or used it for at least an year. Now I've the same issue of unit not getting the power, contacted them 15 days ago, sent email detailing the issue 11 days ago, they do not respond and care about my time and money sent. Show details
Azmiri
AzmiriVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC23 posts

Best rice cooker

I love breville rice cooker they are the best you can find in market with reasonable price. This is my second one. Once I started using breville rice cooker I became a permanent customer.  Show details
Lollies
LolliesQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD19 posts

Love this rice cooker

So easy to use, I can set it early in the day and have it ready to go on time. Fail proof. Doesnt stick to the bottom like my old on. Show details
WhingeForChange
WhingeForChangeVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC34 posts

GJ Skeen
GJ SkeenAU4 posts

So veratile, not just for cooking rice!

Great price, performs exactly how the instruction booklet describes, very user friendly - have made amazing potato bakes, casseroles and many rice dishes.
Looking forward to making jam over the weekend and experimenting! Show details
LLL
LLL4 posts

Life span 12 month - waste of money

How Long a rice cooker life span should be? I have got two BRC460 died with same c3 error in past 3 years (first one was replaced by warranty). I should have read all the reviews about the c3 error which seems to be wellknown issue.

Service support could be improved to explain to customer what happened to the error code, instead of offering discounts to buy a 3rd BRC460... Show details

Jacquie
JacquieQLDNorth Queensland, QLD19 posts

Great rice cooker

We’ve had our rice cooker for about four weeks now. Have cooked both brown and white rice. On every occasion the rice has been perfectly cooked. It is quick to cook and so easy to clean the non stick container. We re very happy with it. Best rice cooker we’ve ever had and we have had a few. Show details
Terry
TerrySydney2 posts

Great cooker but very slow

The rice cooker is well designed, easy to use with lots of settings. I have had it for nearly three years and running as well as when I first bought it. Easy to clean. The one detractor I find however, it takes at least 40 mins - 1+ hr to cook the rice especially brown.

Show details

Peter
PeterAdelaide10 posts

Fluffy rice

Easy to use cooks rice exactly how you want it. The keep warm function works great. Only con is it is large and takes up a lot of bench space. I paid $100 including freight which makes it a mid price and good value for money with more than basic features

Show details

John M.

I just purchased the BrevilleBRC460 Rice Box and am having difficulties understanding the instructions. I am wanting to cook brown rice and although the instruction manual gives cooking times, I cannot see where I can set the cooking time on the appliance. All it has is a preset timer is which not to set the cooking time. It states brown rice takes 60-65mins, however I am unsure how to set it to this. If I just leave on sushi rice setting and press start, it will probably be set for white rice and not brown. So how would the appliance know whether I am using brown or white rice. Help.

John M.

Great thanks Annette, that makes perfect sense. Much Appreciated John.

Keebers

For brown rice I just do 2 cups brown rice+3 cups of water. Then just hit start. The machine does the rest.

Where do I find the serial number

Keebers

I can't find one on mine either. I looked for a sticker with a barcode presentation and number but didn't find it.

How do you register it for the warranty

John M.

On the back of the manual that came with the cooker you will see a sticker that has the serial number.

Vanita R.
Vanita R.

The manual mentions nothing about the vent. On the bottom of the vent there is open and close dial. Should the vent be opened or closed while cooking?

See all Breville Rice Box BRC460 questions

Breville Rice Box BRC460

This is a 10-cup programmable rice cooker that allows you to make rice precisely when you want it. It senses when the rice is cooked and switches to 'keep warm' to prevent the rice from getting burnt.

Features

Settings and functions: A combination rice cooker and steamer that makes steamed rice, congee, crispy rice, sushi, porridge and soup. Functions also include fast cook, reheat and automatic keep warm.

Steaming function: Ideal for steaming vegetables, seafood and poultry in their natural juices, using the steaming tray provided.

Embedded element: An embedded element in the lid creates heat to minimise condensation and maximise the moist, fluffy finish.

Easy clean design: Non-stick aluminium cooking bowl reduces clean up.

Programmable digital timer: Can be used to preset the finishing cooking time up to 15 hours in advance.

Warranty: 1-year replacement.

Keep warm function: When the rice has finished cooking, the ‘keep warm’ feature will switch on automatically and keeps rice moist for up to 24 hours.

Auto shut-off protection: Will remain in automatic keep warm for 24 hours then will auto shut off.

What reviewers thought

Affordable, easy to use and cooks perfect, fluffy rice every time - just some of the things happy reviewers had to say about the product. Reviewers also appreciated the versatility of the product which can steam vegetables as well.

CategoryRice Cookers