Breville Rice Box BRC460

I should have used a rice cooker sooner

This is so quick and simple to use, we eat a lot of rice so we just add 3 cups of rice 3 cups of water press start and walk away, when it is finished it goes on to a warming cycle. We then remove the perfectly cooked rice either use it with our meal or put it in a container in the fridge. one member of our family likes their rice super fluffy so we put theirs in a sieve and pour boiling water through it and fluff it up with a fork. We have tried most of the features and find that they work out as they should, we even steamed dim sims in it perfectly. Cleaning is a breeze and everything that comes with it fits into the steaming basket under the lid, it even has a built in carry handle making it easier to move from the cupboard to the bench. No regrets and a great product, well done Breville!

Purchased in March 2019.

So veratile, not just for cooking rice!

Great price, performs exactly how the instruction booklet describes, very user friendly - have made amazing potato bakes, casseroles and many rice dishes.
Looking forward to making jam over the weekend and experimenting!

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia for $69.00.

Life span 12 month - waste of money

How Long a rice cooker life span should be? I have got two BRC460 died with same c3 error in past 3 years (first one was replaced by warranty). I should have read all the reviews about the c3 error which seems to be wellknown issue.

Service support could be improved to explain to customer what happened to the error code, instead of offering discounts to buy a 3rd BRC460...

Purchased in January 2016 for $99.00.

Great rice cooker

We’ve had our rice cooker for about four weeks now. Have cooked both brown and white rice. On every occasion the rice has been perfectly cooked. It is quick to cook and so easy to clean the non stick container. We re very happy with it. Best rice cooker we’ve ever had and we have had a few.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Great cooker but very slow

The rice cooker is well designed, easy to use with lots of settings. I have had it for nearly three years and running as well as when I first bought it. Easy to clean. The one detractor I find however, it takes at least 40 mins - 1+ hr to cook the rice especially brown.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Fluffy rice

Easy to use cooks rice exactly how you want it. The keep warm function works great. Only con is it is large and takes up a lot of bench space. I paid $100 including freight which makes it a mid price and good value for money with more than basic features

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Ricetastic!

Great rice cooker. I cook half medium grain brown rice with half long grain white rice (together) and never had a problem producing perfectly cook rice. Even my Japanese mum was impressed. Cleaning the lid was a breeze, just a quick wipe and voila. The only issue I had was when sparks flew and a bang came from opening the lid after cooking the rice this week. Thankfully it was after the rice was cooked! I am tossing up between this one and the Panasonic SR-DF101WST for my replacement and if I can't decide then yes I would buy this cooker again.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Good Quality!

We decided to go with Breville Rice Box because of much good feedback that we heard. Up until now, we are delighted with the Rice Cooker. The Teflon is easy to clean. It can cook two cups of rice for around 30 minutes or less. The lamp indicator also makes us know how long we have been keeping the rice for.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Quite a good rice cooker

I love it when rice cookers cook rice to perfection every single time with barely any sticking to the bottom. This rice cooker does a perfect job maybe ninety percent of the time, which is still fantastic, but if you are one of those people who want a perfectly reliant rice cooker this is almost exactly what you’re after! I love it, and even on the odd occasion it does stick to the bottom it is never burnt and easily scraped off.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Bad Buy

Brought this rice Cooker after reading good reviews my advise don't buy, Purchased one on the 22/6/18 used once second time 6days later ready to cook rice switched on the cooker went with a pop and that was it Rice Cooker dead not impressed with Brevllle should have at least lasted 6mths. {ha ha}

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best ever rice cooker

We got this rice cooker free (flybuys under 22,000 pts). There is no overflow bubbling during cooking & rice is cooked to perfection.. it also cooks porridge, congee & sushi (not used yet). Easy to clean, absolutely love it & highly recommended.
Only Disadvantage: it’s bulky - but worth it

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Perfect rice cooker

Hi there,
I have breville rice box BRC460 for almost 5 years old, still working until now. But on the bowl ( non-stick bowl) have a bit damage because I have to use everyday. Just wondering if breville have sale non-stick bowl only for rice box BRC460 type or maybe another shop where I could find the non-stick bowl with the same type?

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Well done Breville, a detailed cook book please.

Well done Breville, a wonderful addition to our Breville collection.
Cooking is a lot to do with ingredients, taste and your final manic touch of love. The cooking instructions are a bit briefed but a good start. You may need to add a bit if more liquid in general.
Please Breville if you can expand on some sections, like cooking risotto, other grains, and soup.
An excellent value for money. Rivals some of the best brands from rice eating nations.

Michael

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not bad

Bought one for $99. Good, clean looking unit out of the box. Hinged to the rear lid closes well, snicks into place with a latch above the control panel. When its released, it doesnt snap back like a bear trap, but rises gently enough on its spring.

The seal appears to be silicone, shouldnt perish before the unit has outlived its price. The unit is a rounded rectangle thats lower and longer than it is high, but not too wide so bench space wasnt a problem for me. Plus it has a handle that is way more useful than it should be.

Yes, a handle, hinged at the C of G. Yes, i did take it for a test walk. Passed. The use here is one handed retrieval from low storage, and no chance of the usual glass pot lid clattering to the floor. The handle folds away to the back out of sight and does not interfere with operation. It also fold forward and sits within easy reach above the control panel for easy grabbing. Frankly, best feature i think, great job on that one.

Comes with a plastic steamer tray, two plastic paddles, well, ones a spoon really and a cup measure. The cord plugs into the unit and the wall so you can fold it away for tidy storage. The steamer plug in the lid is removable for cleaning. There's a little clear plastic thumb sized...... "thing" included, that seems to slip over a fitting on the left lower back, of which I have not figured out its function. Curious.

EDIT: fit the plastic piece to the side of the unit, then rest your included rice paddle in it, handle down, albeit aligned so the units handle doesn't interfere..... Solved !

The control panel is simplicity itself.... press and go. Done. There's a timer function for steaming.... EDIT: Nope, the timer is for a delayed start, in hours, its not a run timer.

Must admit, I bought this as my old round steamer had lost its lining years ago, time for a change.

Works like it should, get your ratios right and the rice is always perfect. The closed lid seems to trap more moisture than a traditional pot lid type, so be prepared for a little water run off if you keep the rice warm for a few hours and open the lid. The function is automatic up to 24 hours with a count on the digital display, and the rice does not dry out like my other units, unexpected bonus.

The metal tub, non stick, is marked with gradients for conjee (yes, J) and cups.

For $99, not bad, not bad at all.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Our new best friend!

Read a few posts that criticise this appliance. They possibly could be from a bad batch. Maybe they don’t follow instructions very well. For me and my family it makes basmati rice perfectly every time! Use it almost every second day as we enjoy our stir fries and curries. Hassle free cooking. No issues or dramas as yet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great rice cooker

Quite happy with this rice cooker. Cooks rice very well. Quite impress as we mainly use it to cook brown rice daily and it always turns out nice and fluffy and even, but it does cook a bit slower which is not really a problem for me. The other functions available are also great optionsto have. Easy to use and Easy to clean.
I would highly recommend it and worth the price especially if you get it on when it is on sale.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

bad

Purchase this rice cooker about 3 years ago and it shows C3 error cannot be fixed. This is considered as expensive rice cooker but not last for 3 years. I have a rice cooker from kmart and last for 8 years previously and it is still running strong. Please don't buy this rice cooker.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Amazing

We use this all the time.for normal rice, sticky rice and the occasional risotto. Everything comes out perfectly making me feel like a bit of a rice star. Been working for over a year now and no issues. Soak the rice for good sticky rice. Takes about 40mins for cooking

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Love this machine. Cooks good rice every time.

This machine is about 3 years old now and always cooks rice perfect. Never had overcooked or undercooked rice from this machine. It does cook the rice slowly which is not an issue for me, because the quality is very good. The grains are evenly cooked from the top to the bottom.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Perfect little rice cooker

Cooks up to 10 cups of rice, and that is a lot of rice for a lot of people. We've only ever use it to cook jasmine rice.
Pros:
Easy to clean
Teflon lining lasts 3 years and counting
Cons:
Takes 25 mins to cook 2 cups of rice and longer for more cups

Date PurchasedDec 2015