Breville the Smart Oven Pro BOV845

Breville the Smart Oven Pro BOV845

MPNs: 35902681 and BOV845BSS

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now

4.3

Avoirhund1

Avoirhund1South East Queensland, QLD

You'll use this so often you'll have to go on a diet

Purchased in July 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$399.00.

TredzBrisbane

Almost a perfect appliance - let down by a faulty fan

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$379.00.

Sharon

Sharon

Disappointing at the price

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for A$295.95.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Pro BOV845 compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

SIMON

SIMONRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great machine. I am on my fourth. The fans have all stopped after 12-18 months.

This is a brilliant oven. I think the only problem is that the fan cannot be reached to clean, and so conks out after 12-18 months. Breville were brilliant, and replaced them all !

Purchased at Appliances Online.

Great little oven, but......

Nice little oven and very versatile.
Reason for 2* is that the fan makes a horrible noise.
Have a friend with the same oven and he has also a very noisy fan in his oven.
Oven is about 2 years old and the noise started just outside warranty period.
It is a pity because it is very versatile oven, but very annoying when we need fan forced cooking/baking.

Purchased for A$399.00.

SueMurray Region, NSW

Feature packed bench top oven.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$297.00.

paris58

paris58Sydney Surrounds, NSW

GREAT INVENTION

I PURCHASED FOR $299.00 ON TVSN pus there were free gifts digital scales and coffee and spice grinder. My first cook was a 2.3kg chicken very happy. It does everything of a large oven/grill/toaster brilliant. I have a big 6 burner gas stove huge oven so I have not used my normal oven since I bought this about 4 weeks ago. It is around the size of the average microwave. So quick and easy. Beauty of tvsn it is a 30 day money back guarantee but this baby is staying on my bench. Teriyaki salmon recipe yummy!

Purchased in July 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$299.00.

wendylea

wendyleaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smart Little Oven

Love this little oven and now couldn’t live without it! Marvellous for two people and it has very nearly replaced the home’s main oven. The pre settings are great, very easy to operate, even fan forced heat. We even take it in our caravan as light and compact. Cleaning is also easy, just a wipe over after use. Everything from toasting to slow cooking and air frying. Definitely has my tick of approval!

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$389.00.

Suzanne

SuzanneSydney, NSW

Customer Service Help !!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Alaa

AlaaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Online for A$305.00.

ReviewsQueensland, 4227

Excellent quality product for the price, cooks great!

Very impressed with this oven so far after two weeks, cooks amazing for a little thing & fits in our small kitchen space perfectly, recommend highly to anybody in the market looking for something like this. Works far better than our Euromaid 54cm oven which ended up blowing & having multiple issues ...

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Maggie17

Maggie17South East Queensland, QLD

Great little oven

I purchased my Breville smart oven Pro BOV800 on 9 February 2011 and it has not given me a moments trouble until now 1 April 2019. It has been used just about every single day sometimes two or three times a day... It still goes but the convection fan has become very noisy and sounds loose so its time to get a new one or would be good if I can find someone to fix it... its been a great little oven.

Purchased in February 2011 for A$300.00.

Puddy

PuddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressive

Our 900mm wall oven packed it in and we weren't keen on paying a minimum $1100 to replace. We researched bench top ovens extensively and this one was highly rated time and time again.
About the size of a medium size microwave. Heats up real fast, clear digital display, easy to clean, looks very smart. Light and easy to move I'm guessing this unit will save heaps of electricity due to the small area to heat up. We haven't cooked a roast in it yet but judging how well it bakes and grills it should be a breeze. We have only had it a few weeks but Wow - best appliance we have bought in a long time. We are in no hurry to replace our larger oven.
You won't be disappointed.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$279.00.

Dani

Dani

Fantastic oven. Fan has short life.

Most useful appliance in kitchen. Used almost everyday to cook everything. Love it. But, the fan lasted 2 years only, so can't use as fan force oven now. Very disappointing as this oven is not cheap. I notice this is a common issue, so not sure if I would replace.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$300.00.

Owen T

Owen TBrisbane

Brilliant, haven't used regular oven in a year now

Just a magical little unit, and don't use anything else now. Mum bought herself one on my recommendation and absolutely loves it too. Mum had an issue with it cutting out when it reached its temperature and when she contacted Breville, they just swapped it straight over with no fuss.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Wow, I'm Impressed!

This is a very fancy oven - fancier than any regular oven I've used. I've only had it for a week and it is excellent so far - will update after a months use and I've baked a cake in it. I was worried about the power usage, as we have limited power here (it says 2400w) but most settings use far less than that - I think it's only the grill function that used the max power.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
LEMMY

Still impressed with this oven. It bakes cakes and bread perfectly.

Russ B

Russ BAU

So much better than a full size oven

It uses less power, heats up quicker, cooks far more uniformly and is super easy to use

I had a Sunbeam before this which only lasted just outside the warranty period of 1 year. This one has been going strong for 2 years of daily use - but the fan died yesterday, just outside the 2 year warranty
JB HiFi wen't much help, as it was outside the 2 years, so I was forced to buy another one at $299 from Good Guys

I still believe it's better value than the competitors and ultimately cheaper than a wall unit of the same quality, but I was hoping to get a little longer out of it

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Not impressed

We bought our first oven and it lasted about 4 months. We turned it off one night and when we turned it on again it wouldn't work at all. We returned it to the store and they replaced it with a new one, next one lasted 2weeks after guarantee, fan stopped working, still using it without fan.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

great smart oven

Would recommend this oven to anyone, does just what a normal oven does and easy to clean.
You can cook almost everything in it, and cooks to perfection. It is in pride of place on my counter to show everyone.
This is my 2nd one had problems with toaster with the 1st one and Breville replaced it with a new oven straight away.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
ChippoJerry85

ChippoJerry85Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Solid performer

Super-fast preheat time, appears to bake very evenly - so far have cooked chicken twice and both times it came up trumps. Good range of trays included with it.Big fan of the LED timer and temperature control via knob, an even bigger fan of the internal light now included.
Quite loud beeps that can't be turned down in volume (it's the same with the Breville microwave), a small gripe and has nothing to do with it's cooking abilities

Date PurchasedJun 2018

sally

sallyasked

My smart air fryer oven is not able to go above 250 degrees. what has happened?

Tredz

Hi Sally - Sounds like you might have inadvertently selected the Celsius temperature scale. Try pressing the small button just under the “Function” dial marked with a “C/F” on it to toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Hope this helps.

Sueasked

How long is the warranty on this oven please

Tredz

Two years. (Note: If available from your retailer, do yourself a favor and get an extended warranty also). As many have attested whilst this is a brilliant appliance it does appear to have systemic problem with the convection fan.

Sue

Thank You, now I have to find the receipt. Checked visa so is within the 2 years. It's the convection fan, sounds like a jet taking off.

Tredz

If you've got your VISA statement try taking it back to the retailer and see if they'll honor it based on what you've got. They may even be able to track it down for you on their own computerized system. No harm in trying.

Yep the fan gets vert noisy, then after a while ours just stopped altogether.

Funnily enough if I give it a good whack with my fist on the top of the oven right above the fan a couple of times the fan starts spinning again - sometimes for 5 minutes sometimes for a couple of days. Go figure. LOL. Good luck.

Tredzasked

Have had our BOV845 for just under 4 years and has operated perfectly during that time. Being a mature couple we use it for 90% of our baking, roasting, grilling and toasting needs and it gets used pretty much on a daily basis. We take very good care of the unit making sure it is cleaned both inside AND out at least every 4 weeks and still looks in near brand new condition. Unfortunately like many other reports here, last week our ovens convection fan stopped working which is VERY disappointing. Still deciding whether to live with having no fan capabilities, to purchase a new unit or to try a completely different brand. Wondering weather the Breville have addressed the obvious issue with problem with the internal fan in their more recent model?

Tom L.
Tom L.

Not sure about the new model. We are still using the unit with a noisy fan. Since unit is out of warranty, we have not contacted Breville. It appears to be a known problem, a friend of ours has the same oven and the fan is also noisy. Was OK for the first 12 months.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives