Bridgestone Ecopia H/T EP850

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bridgestone Ecopia EP 850

I've been using these tyres for the past 4 years + on my 2008 4WD Daulis. Towing caravan from QLD to WA. On my 2nd set getting about 45000 km. Super grip in wet and dry. Low noise and never had a flat or any tyre problems in the past 4 years +.

Purchased in February 2015 at Ocean tyres Gladstone.

Tyre Mileage 45,000 km
Off-Roading FrequencyYearly
Functionality
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

Good choice for the road!

These Tyers replace the original Bridgestone duellers 585 mkii’s on my ford ranger. They ecopia’s have a slightly less aggressive tread pattern and are to be regarded as a 95/5 road dirt focused tyre. The ranger had scrubbed out the inside edges of the front tyres in 30000kms due to bad wheel alignment from new, the rears were fairly cut by some time on nsw western dirt roads but may of lasted 50000k. After 4,000 kms, The ecopias are quieter, similar in grip and handling on wet or dry tar and no worse on made dirt roads. Your wouldn’t venture far off road on these Tyers but nothing says this was in their design brief. and their seems to be a 3 to 4 % improvement in fuel economy. So overall nothing wrong with these, just recognise they are not for mud or serious dirt.

CarFord Px2 Ranger

Good price

St Albans car care matched a competitors price, well done! After shopping around I got the best deal here at this store. They were fitted a few days later and I had no problems. Since I have to use fifty words or more in this review I will now write down some rubbish to fill it in.

CarToyoat RAV4

These tyres lasted less than 48 hours - DON'T BUY!

I bought a full set of these tyres for my Captiva 7. The two front tyres lasted less than 48 hours!
I went up to Barmera and drove on some dirt roads. Apparently, both front tyres were punctured (on the tread shoulder) where they could not be repaired. The fact that both front tyres got punctured in pretty much the same spot suggests there is a fundamental design problem with these tyres.
These are $280 tyres, and they lasted less than 48 hours!

Oh, and because they are SUV tyres, Bridgestone offers no warranty on punctures! So if they last less than 48 hours, tough luck!

I complained to the outlet store, but they would not/could not do anything. I had to complain to the state manager, and after a few days of pleading, he agreed to refund the cost of ONE of the tyres as a "good will gesture"...
Gee, thanks.

This whole experience was very distressing. I will never buy Bridgestone tyres again!

CarHolden Captiva 7

Tyres worn out very fast and high fuel efficient.

I need this Bridgestone eco 850 replacement in just 18000 kms in 2 years. Never felt confident in wet conditions and high slopes. Fuel economy is not good as well. Bought it for better fuel economy as mentioned when I bought them all four. Not good to spend money again to get new tyres.

Car2008 Toyota Kluger grande

Highly not recommended.

My previous tires were stock Japanese tires from Yokohoma Geolander. They reached more than 120,000km before replacement. Bought them straight from Bridgestone Tire shop with the Buy-3-Get-1-Free promotion. Been using it for about 30,000km. So far, they are total disappointment.

Cons:
1) Increased fuel consumption. Used to achieve 700km range per full tank, now it is about 640km.
2) Loss of traction. Tires are not that grippy around corners. For example, when cutting around a roundabout, the car skids more compared to my old tires.
3) Increased braking distance. Changed my brake pads and disk brakes from Mazda dealer right before changing to these new Eco tires. This is the most annoying thing for me!
4) Increased road noise. Noticeable tire roar starting from 50km/h.
5) Increased tire wear. As noted by other reviewers, this has to be common problem.

Verdict: Don't fall into this Eco marketing trick. Manufacturers chose stock tires for a good reason.

CarMazda CX-5 2.0 AWD

Good tyres

I replace my old tyres with current ones.
So far it's really good with performance for money i paid.
I buy this from bob jane.
Highly recommended for suv car.
I replace my old tyres with current ones.
So far it's really good with performance for money i paid.
I buy this from bob jane.
Highly recommended for suv car.

CarHolden captiva

Great in dirt and sand and road good value

Not sure on durably I’ve only had them for 8 weeks. I do lots of 4x4 with the family and can honestly say they complement my hilux. Places I didn’t dare go I go now beach,dirt and bitumen. They are the best tyres I’ve had on my 4x4. Best money for value. That good some of family have them put on and they are very happy also.

CarToyota hilux

Increased fuel economy - Poor grip

Bought these as a replacement for a set of Pirelli Scorpion's on our 2010 Mazda CX-9 from Costco when Bridgestone were running a buy 3 get 1 free promotion. Each tyre was $395 in 245/50R20. Costco filled them with nitrogen to 38psi at all corners. First thing I noticed when leaving Costco was how quiet these tyres are. The car seemed smoother too, even when pumped at 38psi. 6 months on and we have been consistently getting around 420km per tank, compare to the Pirelli Scorpion's which we were getting around 315-340km per tank. This is quite significant, with no other changes done to the car. I'm impressed with the road feel, quietness and fuel economy of these tyres. I have found that these tyres were not as grippy as the Scorpion's and even though the CX-9 being AWD, the front tyres have a much higher tendency to spin. Not particularly great.

Car2010 Mazda CX-9

Good solid performer

These tyres came fitted to a jeep i purchased in july and i have now travelled nearly 10000 on them in two months including bitumen , dirt , river sand and rocks and wet and muddy grass and have performed very well in all conditions with no punctures or variation in pressure. They seem reasonably quiet on the open road and feel sure footed in the wet and are well matched to the car for a readily available mid priced tyre. I would buy them again.

Carjeep grand cherokee

Comfortable and Quiet

First thing I noticed was how quiet these tyres are, softer than the Dunlop grand trek I had before but the ride is much smoother and soaks up bumps and rough roads much better. Grip is excellent especially in the wet ABS does not work as hard when braking suddenly, cornering is very good great reassuring grip again softer than the Dunlops but that is the trade off for comfort. Love these tyres it has changed the feel of the vehicle to comfort and luxury.

Car2011 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Towing with ecopia.

Didn't get many mileage out of these tyres while towing 16.5 ft caravan.Tried different air PSI in them but only got no more than about 22.000 klms before replacing.Maybe fault in manufacturing of tyres.As we traveled aroud oz spoke ro different tyre places and stores other than the usual stories couldn't shed much light on why they worned out so quickly.One outlet said they were maybe retreads passed of as new .

Car2013 ford territory TS turbo deisel rear wheel drive 5 seater.

Good tyre for Xtrail

Used these tyres for 3+years on my Nissan Xtrail, 90% highway driving
I got 75k out of them, but i mistakenly only rotated them once at 60k.
Tyres were quiet and I didn't have problems with them.
Didn't have much of an impact on fuel economy.
Bought on 3 for 4 sale.

Car2007 Nissan X Trail

Poor fuel economy. Poor longevity

Fuel consumption has gone up 15%. Rear tyres now need replacing after only 50 000km. Rubbish and won't touch any Bridgestone tyres again. Previous tyres were Dunlop and were much better quality. You get what you pay for as always. Huge disappointment and waste of money, STAY WELL AWAY I say.

CarNissan

Lives up to Expectatons

After researching tyre options decided to try the Ecopia. 3 months later I'm happy with the choice. Good all round grip, low road noise and noticeable ride improvement. Slightly better than previous average fuel usage so less rolling resistance claim seems accurate. Overall a good tyre so looking forward to many K's of comfy & safe travel.

Car2013 Dodge Journey

87,000 and still plenty left

On a 2011 Kluger AWD. Initially very quiet, but have become a bit noisy later in life due to slightly irregular wear from wheel alignment issue. I didn't think they'd last this long, as they appeared to wear quickly to begin with.
This is my wife's car and she corners quite hard most of the time.
Got 68,000kms out of the original Dunlops, so 87k+ is fantastic for these tyres.
Bought on sale 4 for 3 deal.

Car2011 Kluger AWD

No problems after 50,000km !

I drive my cars hard, had a 2005 Golf before the Tiggy. On the Golf I liked Toyo Teo Plus - A great tyre, but due to my enthusiastic driving, I got low kms out of them - around 30,000km. My tyres don't usually get anywhere near 40,000km before replacing them.
Not so with the Bridgestone Ecopia 850s on the Tiguan. For performance, cornering etc, the Toyos are better (yes, I know these are two completely different vehicles too), though I'm still surprised sometimes by how well the Ecopias perform, cornering, wet included - and that's after a solid, hard 50,000km of high speed freeway and around town driving.
Experimenting with pressures has shown around 38psi to be the best (this is also what a Bridgestone tyre place recommended), though I've also tried 36 and the VW recommend 34. I'll be sticking with 38psi.
I have no issues with having these on the Tiguan again.

Car2009 VW Tiguan, 6 speed manual

These tyre's are dangerous.

Just bought my girlfriend a used corolla levin hatch sporty and the previous owner put these tyres on the back.
Was driving down a 110 highway in Sydney during summer and the rear left tyre exploded and nearly had an accident due to handling but luckily no one was hurt.

It's complete rubbish. You pay cheap you expect something crap.

Do some research on the tyres first when you're about to buy or have bought a car already before you end up being sorry.

Car2006 Toyota Corolla Levin Seca Hatch

high expectations... much disappointment

Bought a set of 4 of these for my wifes Kluger. The choice was based on the tyre shops recommendation... i should have known better. Fuel economy has been no better (worse if anything), traction in the wet particularly has been worse than the original factory tyres, but worst of all they have worn terribly. Im now shopping for a new set with these just about down the wear indicators after only 30000kms. We got 60k out of the original tyres. I wont be buying ecopias again...

Car2010 Toyota Kluger

Absolutely Useless For Towing

Had Dueller HT'S which lasted for 63,000K. Approx. 30% towing. Replaced with Ecopia HTEP850 with the rears lasting under 20,000kms with 50% towing. Fronts approximately half worn. Rotated as per suppliers instructions. Bridgestone useless, but K Mart helped with half cost of new Duellers. Ecopias still recommended on Bridgestone website for 4x4. Towing single axle caravan, weight approximately 1500kilo. Don't buy if towing!!! Very disappointed with Bridgestone's attitude, they will not get any of my business again.

Car2010 Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum