Brighton Flooring

Brighton Flooring

Fantastic Experience, would highly recommend Brighton Flooring!

I have been to so many flooring shops before and i so was confused with the different flooring systems.
Went to Brighton flooring and spoke to Vincent and he spent a good 2 hours explaining the different options and made me understand everything about it.
Installation was absolutely perfect. Exactly what was promised.

Dishonoust sales practices

We were looking for hardwood timber flooring for a new dwelling construction and went to flooring shops around the area. While we were looking at samples of hardwood flooring, the sales person showed us engineered flooring saying it was on special and as good as hardwood flooring. He didn't have any sample pieces for us to take to the site and check. As we were running out time, he promised to bring some samples to our site in the evening. He turned up to our site with one of his assistants on Friday around 5.00 pm already getting dark the winter time in Melbourne. With his limited choice of product, he forcefully convinced us to sign a sales contract with 10% deposit paid by the credit card. There was a 48 hrs cooling off period for the contract. (Price was A$ 76.00 / m2 supply only). Delivery was after 8 weeks and to be confirmed.
When he went back to the shop, he has charged the full amount and I only noticed it on following Monday morning when I checked my net banking.
Also during the weekend, we managed to find Hard wood flooring at a reasonable price and also we noticed the same engineered flooring for A$ 46.00/m2 supply only).
As he cheated us on using my credit card details to get full amount for a product we really didn't wand, I rang on Monday midday to cancel the order, The same sales person told me he already ordered the material and order cannot be cancelled. If cancelled he is going to keep 50% of the amount he charged on my credit card.
I told him it is not right to keep 50% as I have a 48 working hrs cooling off duration and I cancelled within cooling off period. Despite that I had to lodge a complaint with my bank to get even the 50%. They kept the remaining 50% and even Consumer Affairs couldn't do anything.

My advice to customers, never handover credit card details to these type of sales people or anyone. If they cannot process the transaction electronically in front of you, just forget about the deal and go somewhere else.
I wander how these type of crooks still surviving doing business.