15Britax Safe-n-Sound b-first ClickTight

4.1

Dracon
Dracon22 posts

Not secure

Bought this overpriced car seat thinking it was going to be the safest one for my baby. The seat reclining function feels jammed so it can't be reclined. When fitted it's loose. The instruction says to put a towel underneath for some cars?? For a carseat that is over 700 dollars in price you wouldn't think you would have to do such a thing?? This car seat is just dangerous. I bought a much cheaper chair which has better safety rating and is easy to install.
Tegan
TeganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Tegan, thank you for your feedback I believe our NZ office - Jacqui has sorted this out for you, if this is not the case, please contact our office 0508688822 Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-Sound

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product, great customer service

I've had this seat for 3 years now and it's been very good.

Today I needed to remove it from my car to clean it but ran into trouble and couldn't get the seat part to lift up. After calling the business I purchased it from I was directed to call Britax directly. Sharyn from Britax's Customer Service really went above and beyond to help. She sent me a how-to video and even Facetimed me so that they could get a good look at the problem.

It turned out that one of the release mechanisms was sticking so they organised a same day full replacement. Within 4 hours we had the broken seat replaced and a new seat professionally fitted in our car. Highly recommend both the product and the company. Show details ·  1

Nicky
NickyHunter Region, NSW

Amie
AmieSydney, NSW14 posts

Check the seat is compatible with your car

Car seat became loose twice after being installed by professional fitters. The fitters had to notify Britax of the issue. Britax informed them to use a gated clip. This worked however made it extremely hard to use the mechanism to lift and shut the seat. I would not purchase this over priced seat again.

Thankfully Britax has agreed to refund and U have purchased the AHR instead. Hopefully this is more compatible with our car. Show details

Ease of Installation
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Amie, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Please feel free to reach out to us at au-support@britax.com if we can assist with anything in the future. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Hayat A.
Hayat A.5 posts

Sam
SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
Savannah B.
Savannah B.South East Queensland, QLD

Click tight twist push doesn’t work, the old model was better!

Waaaaay harder to install and I can’t install the seat because the click right twist doesn’t work. The older model is so quick and easy to install and uninstall, I wish it hasn’t been discontinued  Show details
Kitty
KittySydney, NSW3 posts

Faulty

Faulty Rubbish - Avoid - Regarding Britax Safe n Sound B First - the click tight ‘twist push’ does not align with the release mechanism. The pop rivets have pulled through clean of the plastic. This is a major failure and the seat is unsafe. The company are hard to contact and horrible to deal with (online chat). They have refused a refund or new seat even though in warranty. They do not care that the baby is riding around with a seat that does not close and I can’t adjust the harness, this is unsafe.  Show details
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. Can you please get in contact with us au-support@britax.com and att the email to Alyssia so I can look into this for you further.

Kmorgan
KmorganSydney, NSW6 posts

em_88
em_88South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Excellent. So worth the money!

Purchased this approximately 6 weeks ago. So worth it! We had initially bought a capsule (another brand) as we were hoping to attach it to the pram for when bub was asleep. Well that never occurred once! Bub would rarely sleep in the capsule and didn't appear comfortable Biggest waste of money.

Well since purchasing this carseat, bub looks so comfortable, head support is fantastic and he falls asleep in it all the time. And installation is easy. I wish we had bought this one in the first place! Show details ·  1

Carla R.
Carla R.

Comfortable - safe - so easy to install

We are really happy with the B-First seat. It’s super easy to install. We’ve had to install both rear and forward facing seats about 8 times since we’ve had them and it takes us about 5-10 mins.

The kids love them. They often fall asleep in it (win!). Very comfortable. Lovely padding.

And the seats have all the extra safety features that just gives us that peace of mind. Highly recommend! Show details ·  1

Fi P
Fi PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Best car seat EVER!

One of the most frustrating things about traveling with an infant, is that he can't go out with his grandparents in their car. Well! This seat is a doddle to move from my car to theirs and back (without an engineering degree). The multi-option design: rear-facing & forward facing, adjustable recline settings, easy click-adjustable shoulder heights /head support (to name a few), means that my baby can be kept at full comfort, while I can feel confident in my adherence to 'best-practice' baby-safe travel... This seat is growing in tandem with him, with consummate ease :D Show details ·  1
Lisa T.
Lisa T.

Happy customer, safe baby

We are so pleased with this latest addition from Britax. Our newborn went straight in from the hospital and its ease of use is a stand out. Getting bubs in and out of car, as well as strapping in, is extremely easy. No fussing about with the buckles like we have with our previous car seat! She is clearly snug and happy in the seat (love the addition of the insert!) falling asleep easily.
I have a lot of confidence in the safety of the seat with the airbags and safety protection.
Would highly recommend!! Show details ·  1
Stephanie Zenonos
Stephanie ZenonosVictoria

Perfect Car Seat!

This car seat is so easy to use and install, doesn’t loosen and move overtime like other car seats.
Have used both in rear facing and forward facing and in both positions baby has been calm, relaxed and slept well.
Seat has great ventilation and breathable to keep baby from overheating in summer. Show details ·  1

Kasun S.
Kasun S.

The above link compares the safety scores of car seats. Further information can be found in the following link under "2019-2020 test results" and "convertible (rear facing 0-2.5 yrs + 9m-4 years)".

According to the data, safety score of B first is quite low for rear facing. Also, comparatively it has a lower score than its older version Platinum Pro +. Can you please comment on these test results carried out by Child Restraint Evaluation Program (CREP)?

CREP is a partnership between:
Transport for NSW (TfNSW)
Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
Department of Transport Victoria
The Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia (Kidsafe Australia) and
Royal Automobile Club of Queensland (RACQ)

Carla B.
Carla B.

This doesn’t make sense… Can you please explain why the Platinum Pro scores so highly in the CREP testing, yet the B First tests so poorly? You can’t have it both ways…

Scott
Scott

Reading the above; they are stating they have their own lab which means in-house testing. Sounds like a car salesman saying "trust me" lol

Maya C
Maya C

I have just been to a shop to compare the two, the sales assistant told us the ClickTight had a safer foam in the headrest compared to the ifix. Is this correct?

Linda W.
Linda W.

I have a near new Britax B first car seat purchased around $800
I can’t not release the click button to turn the seat to a forward facing position
Is there another way of opening it

CategoryConvertible Car Seats