British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime

British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime

Ceiling Flat and Low Sheen

Dead on the money....

Dead on the money.... Bought from bunnings. Prepped my old ceilings properly, cleaned and sanded them and had no issues with this product. Thick and fully textured so needs to be stirred vigorously for about 10 minutes.... Excellent hiding power, good coverage and dries quickly..... Top product....

NickBritish Paints

Hi Ron, Thanks for taking the time to review our Paint & Prime Ceiling product. We are thrilled to hear you had a great result. All the best with your next project, Regards, The British Paints Team.

Ron. K

Your welcome. No problem.... If you prepare the surface correctly this product is perfect for any home. Good hiding properties and coverage is excellent.

Jon M

Jon MSydney

Misleading surface coverage.

I had a 38 square meter area to paint of raw plasterboard. The label advised of 10 square meters per litre and it was good to use on unpainted plasterboard. So I bought a 4 litre tin thinking I would cover at least one coat and cornice. I was only able to cover about 30 square meters. Product was to thick and hard to apply with a roller compared to other ceiling paints. For me any of these dual purpose ceiling paints are a waste of money.

Too thick to use

Waste of time. Too thick to stir and roller wouldn’t absorb it. Wasted time and expense. Bunnings refunded paint but lost money on roller and paint tray. Have used dulux paint without difficulties. This is the third time I have tried a brutish paint product. All have been disappointing. Will stick with dulux

Conny

Conny

This is a good paint

We painted our whole home (used brush & roller) and have a great result with only two coats from British paint & primer. Before we used other paint from a other brand and needs couple coats to came not even close to this result. In our experience isn’t difficult to applying then other paints. Highly recommended this paint, will used again & again.

Hi Conny,

Thanks for the positive feedback and taking the time to review our Paint and Prime product! All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

MervBenGlenmore Park

Good paint

As other reviewers have said, the paint is quite thick when you open the can. However I was able to stir it ok using an electric drill with one of those paint stirring attachments fitted. The paint once stirred went on easily, but you do have to be aware of not pressing to hard. Its dried to a bright colour & really lifted the room. The particular room had not been painted for over 15 years, & only one coat was enough. I would buy the paint again & will be doing so to paint more ceilings in the home

NickBritish Paints

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to review our Paint & Prime product. We appreciate the feedback and all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team.

made the job twice as fast

I have just finished using this product to paint a brand new 205 sq meter home and it made the job way easier and faster. Would recommend this. I think you just need to be aware that it is 2 coats in one and use the roller correctly not applying to much pressure to avoid roller marks I did the walls ceiling and trim all as an under coat

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Hi There,

Good to hear that you had a positive experience with our Paint and Prime product. We appreciate you taking the time to send through your feedback. All the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

Terrible mess

Paint and Prime ceiling paint. We have spent a substantial amount of money on 2 x 10ltr cans of this paint. We have just spent $1000's on having our ceilings rescrewed and plastered. Fantastic job. Then to paint. What a mess. The paint is too thick. The build up on the roller makes it almost impossible to use. We now have ceilings that are patchy and thick roller marks everywhere. The cornices have had 2 coats and their still patchy. I think we will have to sand it all back and start all over again with a different ceiling paint. Any advice would be really appreciated. The time and money ( paid a friend to help paint)spent on this is crazy)

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Philip_Carter

Philip_CarterSydney, NSW

Too thick. Impossible to stir and difficult to apply.

Michael E.

Michael E.asked

Ceiling Paint & Prime Low Sheen

Does this product require a tint or to be shaken before use? If not is there a standard tint it comes in?

DuluxGroup A.British Paints

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query! We’d love to help answer all of your questions, and give you all the advice you need to complete your project! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be happy to assist! – The British Paints Team.

tonyasked

Ceiling Paint & Prime Low Sheen

Can you tell me the VOC of this paint and prime and how safe is it for children furniture?

MervBen

Sorry can't help you , these are technical questions better directed to british paints

Hi Tony,

Can we clarify which Paint and Prime product you are enquiring about? Is it specifically the Paint & Prime Ceiling paint or is it another Paint & Prime product in our range?

Hi
Paint & Prime Time saver series in low sheen white

Lorraine H

Lorraine Hasked

Hi i need to paint door frames previously painted with an oil base. Can i use this product Prime and Paint straight over the top or do i need to sand first

Hi Lorraine,

Provided you give the surface a light sand this should be fine. If the surface is very glossy then you will need to sand back to a matt finish then you can use our Paint & Prime Doors, Windows & Trim over either water or oil based surfaces. Regards, The British Paints Team.

Get an answer from our members and British Paints representatives