Ceiling Flat, Low Sheen

• Finish Quality
  • Longevity
  • Ease of Application

Confused!

Renovating our house and have used the standard bp ceiling paint, 2 coats, in bedrooms and hallways with a fantastic result. Thought I would try the timesaver paint and prime for lounge and kitchen ceilings ,(maybe get away with one coat) did all the right prep works and after 2 coats the finish is terribly patchy. Don’t understand why!

Purchased in January 2021 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $136.00.

Jeff
JeffSouth East Queensland, QLD

British ceiling paint and prime

I use this product all the time this by far the best ceiling paint I have found.
Cover imperfections and you can usually get away with one coat over existing paint

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

RatelSlang
RatelSlangSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault it, great product

2 coats of this (following the directions) on newly-installed plasterboard ceilings worked fantastic. Left it 4 hours to dry between coats. Easy to roll on and easy to brush cornices. Saved money by not buying ceiling prime separately. Even used this on tongue and groove ceiling in the hallway and can't fault it, looks great.
(I'm an owner/renovator, not a professional painter)

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $60.00.

James S.British Paints

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The British Paints Team.

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Dead on the money....

Dead on the money.... Bought from bunnings. Prepped my old ceilings properly, cleaned and sanded them and had no issues with this product. Thick and fully textured so needs to be stirred vigorously for about 10 minutes.... Excellent hiding power, good coverage and dries quickly..... Top product....

Nick W.British Paints

Hi Ron, Thanks for taking the time to review our Paint & Prime Ceiling product. We are thrilled to hear you had a great result. All the best with your next project, Regards, The British Paints Team.

Ron. K

Your welcome. No problem.... If you prepare the surface correctly this product is perfect for any home. Good hiding properties and coverage is excellent.

Jon M
Jon MSydney

Misleading surface coverage.

I had a 38 square meter area to paint of raw plasterboard. The label advised of 10 square meters per litre and it was good to use on unpainted plasterboard. So I bought a 4 litre tin thinking I would cover at least one coat and cornice. I was only able to cover about 30 square meters. Product was to thick and hard to apply with a roller compared to other ceiling paints. For me any of these dual purpose ceiling paints are a waste of money.

Gaz
GazMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Too thick to use

Waste of time. Too thick to stir and roller wouldn’t absorb it. Wasted time and expense. Bunnings refunded paint but lost money on roller and paint tray. Have used dulux paint without difficulties. This is the third time I have tried a brutish paint product. All have been disappointing. Will stick with dulux

Conny
Conny

This is a good paint

We painted our whole home (used brush & roller) and have a great result with only two coats from British paint & primer. Before we used other paint from a other brand and needs couple coats to came not even close to this result. In our experience isn’t difficult to applying then other paints. Highly recommended this paint, will used again & again.

Hi Conny,

Thanks for the positive feedback and taking the time to review our Paint and Prime product! All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

MervBen
MervBenGlenmore Park

Good paint

As other reviewers have said, the paint is quite thick when you open the can. However I was able to stir it ok using an electric drill with one of those paint stirring attachments fitted. The paint once stirred went on easily, but you do have to be aware of not pressing to hard. Its dried to a bright colour & really lifted the room. The particular room had not been painted for over 15 years, & only one coat was enough. I would buy the paint again & will be doing so to paint more ceilings in the home

Nick W.British Paints

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to review our Paint & Prime product. We appreciate the feedback and all the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team.

made the job twice as fast

I have just finished using this product to paint a brand new 205 sq meter home and it made the job way easier and faster. Would recommend this. I think you just need to be aware that it is 2 coats in one and use the roller correctly not applying to much pressure to avoid roller marks I did the walls ceiling and trim all as an under coat

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Hi There,

Good to hear that you had a positive experience with our Paint and Prime product. We appreciate you taking the time to send through your feedback. All the best with your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team

Paints & Varnishes

Terrible mess

Paint and Prime ceiling paint. We have spent a substantial amount of money on 2 x 10ltr cans of this paint. We have just spent $1000's on having our ceilings rescrewed and plastered. Fantastic job. Then to paint. What a mess. The paint is too thick. The build up on the roller makes it almost impossible to use. We now have ceilings that are patchy and thick roller marks everywhere. The cornices have had 2 coats and their still patchy. I think we will have to sand it all back and start all over again with a different ceiling paint. Any advice would be really appreciated. The time and money ( paid a friend to help paint)spent on this is crazy)

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Philip_Carter
Philip_CarterSydney, NSW

Too thick. Impossible to stir and difficult to apply.

Malcolm
Malcolmasked
Ceiling Paint & Prime

Can I use Paint and Prime interior paint over a previously stained timber doors, or wouldI have to prepare the stained area in other ways. Thanks

Hetal oswal
Hetal oswalasked
Ceiling Paint & Prime Low Sheen

Can your low sheen one coat white paint time saver be tint or has to be used as it is ?
Pls advise .

DuluxBritish Paints

Hi Hetal, thank you for reaching out! Yes, our British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime "Low Sheen" can be tinted to pastel colours. For further assistance please do not hesitate in contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 (option 2). Our operating hours are from Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm AEST. British Paints Team

Allan
Allanasked
Ceiling Paint & Prime Low Sheen

Is this oil based or water based paint

DuluxBritish Paints

Hi Allan, I am more than happy to assist you with your enquiry. British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime is a water based product. Please feel free to reach us for further advice on our range of products on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are from Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm - British Paints Team

See all British Paints Ceiling Paint & Prime questions