British Paints Clean Protect

2.2

Kali B.

Kali B.South East Queensland, QLD

love this paint!

Painted our entire house walls with this tinted to a light grey. The coverage is great! Only two coats were needed over cream. I’m coming on here to review because I just moved house and switched to another paint for something different and I am filled with so much regret for not just buying this again! Paint was so easy to wash down and clean with my toddler touching the walls and the application.
I can see there are several bad reviews and I’m noticing maybe they were painting with white paint un-tinted. Perhaps the tint helps with the coverage.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Will

WillMelbourne, 3124

Watery and patchy colour (half hog bristle)

I usually use Dulux for walls, however, I decided to purchase British paints for a rental property due to the slight cost saving. However, I had to do four coats and I was only painting over cream. It would have been cheaper sticking with Dulux. FYI, I was using a high quality roller.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$65.00.

First time user

I’m only 18 and I’ve never painted a wall before, but I like the outcome of my walls after using this paint. The walls in my room are 4m tall so after pulling down wallpaper and cleaning everything with sugar soap, this paint made everything easy to cover with little to no mess. Did a full 2 coats in a day, and it’s covered every patch of dry wall, gyprock, extra. Yes it was patchy on the first coat but I think my friend and I didn’t do it properly, regardless the outcome looks really good

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Babli

BabliPerth, WA

Don’t buy

This paint is waste of money! We spent around $200 and this product was so bad. It will dry in roller and roller wouldn’t pick any paint after 10 minutes. We wasted 2 rollers and went back to bunnings and told them , they recommended another more expensive roller and same thing happened. We had enough by this time and end up buying dulux paint.. thank god we changed the product.. after that we finished the rest of my house with just one roller and in less then half time

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$195.00.

Painted SurfaceBrick
James S.British Paints
Alba

AlbaQueensland

Paint smell won't quit!

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$51.00.

James71

James71Central, SA

Terrible quality

The client bought this paint from Bunnings 15liters of British Paints Clean Protect, applied the first coat straight from the tin and i knew straight away that the quality was poor.
I have been in the painting game for many years and this took 4 coats to cover over light cream walls.
Took extra time as the rooms were large, had to buy more paint due to the coverage, will not buy this [paint again.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings for A$164.00.

Amber

AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give less than 1 star I would! Beware!!

We bought all British paints: Ceiling, walls, gloss for doors and frames, 4 in 1 for prepping.
We did absolutely everything we could to get a good job.. Sanded, sugar soaped etc etc.
We were noticing strokes in the paint as we were doing our cutting in and didn’t think much of it at first.. rolled on the first coat and it all looked blotchy. Although by the tin a 2nd coat wouldn’t be required we did a 2nd coat anyway and again, looks so blotchy and just horrible. I would never ever buy anything made by British paints again. Absolutely horrible, transparent paint!

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$450.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Brett

BrettLaunceston, TAS

Terrible paint does

I bought 15 litres of the low sheen wall paint its absolutely terrible does not cover even after 3 coats Ive had to start again with a different paint lost 2 days of wages using this stuff

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mick

Mick

Worst paint have ever used i will never use British Paints again.

Will never use British Paints again. I run a maintenance company. Used British Paints for the first time. With sunshine on the walls of a hallway , kitchen and dining room you can see every roller mark and brush stroke. Color matched the walls and was supposed to be one coat freshen up I have applied 3 coats already and have to sand the whole job back and repaint. Has cost me nearly $1000 and my reputation.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$135.00.

Find out how British Paints Clean Protect compares to other Paints & Varnishes

The worst, thinner paint ever

Bought white paint 15L, paint over the wall 3 coats and still need another one. The worst paint ever! Bought other brand and done better job after just 2 coats !

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$160.00.

Brendan

BrendanSydney, NSW

Worst paint I have ever used!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$69.90.

Painted SurfaceConcrete and Previously painted
henry h.British Paints

Do not use British Paints

No good, bought 15l tub clean & protect of low sheen from Bunnings Adelaide. Dries clear 4 to 5 coats over a light cream wall. Other brands do it in 1 or 2 coats (British Paints need to take this product off the shelf)

Purchased in July 2019.

henry h.British Paints
George WA.

George WA.Perth, WA

Matt paint was not Matt.

I bought 8L of clean and protect in White Beam that was mixed at Bunnings Armadale WA, it was used to paint a large ceiling. When it dried it is semi sheen not Matt? The can is clearly marked as matt. I have left it a few days to cure but it still has a sheen on it? I'm not sure what my next move should be? Really disappointed with the outcome.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$110.00.

Luke

LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Three months later and still making an awful smell

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Ron. K

Ron. K

Solid....

Solid paint.... Covers well and dries to a lovely finish. Easy to apply via roller and cutting in is easy as the paint flows well. Used in conjunction with British paints primer sealer products... Good paint...

NickBritish Paints

Hi Ron, Thanks for taking the time to review our clean and protect product. It is great to hear that you had a good experience and we wish you all the best with your next project!
Regards, The British Paints Team.

Toni M

Toni MPerth

Great paint!

Easy to apply, great even coverage and dries lovely. Applied over prepped walls that were previously straight plaster, other wash & wear paint and suede effects paint. Perfect finish on all of them!
Also, my clumsy moments of paint on the floors and window trims came off very easily haha.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
CristC

CristCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good quality paint

A very good quality paint.
Easy application and great coverage.
Smooths out brush marks when dry.
Very low odour.
Highly recommended for bedrooms and wet areas.
Had the choice between this and Dulux.
The key is in the preparation of the wall surfaces.
My walls were poorly painted by previous owner.
Left a lot of rope like marks due to poor roller finish.
Went for British Paints as price competitive.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
phil p

phil pADELAIDE

Finally a decent paint

Bought 10 ltrs from Bunnings used over the long weekend really impressed covers well applies easily both brush and roller. low odour, Best paint I've used outside of U K where I worked for a specialist paint manufacturer, TV and Theatre so only ever had to use 1 coat in the past

Date PurchasedJun 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Phil, We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Clean & Protect product. All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

Jason

JasonSydney

Great paint and cleanable ,easy to apply

nice paint and easy to apply and covered the old paint easy, I recommend it and try to use it again , this product is expensive but well worth it , better to leave one day between the Coates , easy to clean . any way nice experience so far

Date PurchasedMar 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to review our Clean & Protect product. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience and appreciate the feedback. All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

Rob g

Rob gBudgewoi

Perfect cant fault

This product is excellent, coverage is good, went dark over light. hardly any smell. Looks better than expected was worried after i read the reviews. Used the cheapest rollers and brushes I think if I used more expensive rollers I could have done it in 1 coat, and was my first time painting.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Rob, thanks for taking the time to review our clean & protect product. We appreciate the feedback and good luck for your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team.