British Paints Clean Protect

British Paints Clean Protect

Gloss, Low Sheen, Matt and Semi Gloss

Worst paint have ever used i will never use British Paints again.

Will never use British Paints again. I run a maintenance company. Used British Paints for the first time. With sunshine on the walls of a hallway , kitchen and dining room you can see every roller mark and brush stroke. Color matched the walls and was supposed to be one coat freshen up I have applied 3 coats already and have to sand the whole job back and repaint. Has cost me nearly $1000 and my reputation.

Purchased in September 2019 for $135.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
DuluxGroup A.British Paints

The worst, thinner paint ever

Bought white paint 15L, paint over the wall 3 coats and still need another one. The worst paint ever! Bought other brand and done better job after just 2 coats !

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $160.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Longevity
DuluxGroup A.British Paints
Brendan

BrendanSydney, NSW

Worst paint I have ever used!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $69.90.

Painted SurfaceConcrete and Previously painted

Do not use British Paints

No good, bought 15l tub clean & protect of low sheen from Bunnings Adelaide. Dries clear 4 to 5 coats over a light cream wall. Other brands do it in 1 or 2 coats (British Paints need to take this product off the shelf)

Purchased in July 2019.

George WA.

George WA.Perth, WA

Matt paint was not Matt.

I bought 8L of clean and protect in White Beam that was mixed at Bunnings Armadale WA, it was used to paint a large ceiling. When it dried it is semi sheen not Matt? The can is clearly marked as matt. I have left it a few days to cure but it still has a sheen on it? I'm not sure what my next move should be? Really disappointed with the outcome.

Purchased in February 2019 for $110.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Bella B.British Paints

Luke

LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Three months later and still making an awful smell

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Longevity
Bella B.British Paints

Solid....

Solid paint.... Covers well and dries to a lovely finish. Easy to apply via roller and cutting in is easy as the paint flows well. Used in conjunction with British paints primer sealer products... Good paint...

NickBritish Paints

Hi Ron, Thanks for taking the time to review our clean and protect product. It is great to hear that you had a good experience and we wish you all the best with your next project!
Regards, The British Paints Team.

Toni M

Toni MPerth

Great paint!

Easy to apply, great even coverage and dries lovely. Applied over prepped walls that were previously straight plaster, other wash & wear paint and suede effects paint. Perfect finish on all of them!
Also, my clumsy moments of paint on the floors and window trims came off very easily haha.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
CristC

CristCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good quality paint

A very good quality paint.
Easy application and great coverage.
Smooths out brush marks when dry.
Very low odour.
Highly recommended for bedrooms and wet areas.
Had the choice between this and Dulux.
The key is in the preparation of the wall surfaces.
My walls were poorly painted by previous owner.
Left a lot of rope like marks due to poor roller finish.
Went for British Paints as price competitive.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
phil p

phil pADELAIDE

Finally a decent paint

Bought 10 ltrs from Bunnings used over the long weekend really impressed covers well applies easily both brush and roller. low odour, Best paint I've used outside of U K where I worked for a specialist paint manufacturer, TV and Theatre so only ever had to use 1 coat in the past

Date PurchasedJun 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Phil, We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Clean & Protect product. All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

Jason

JasonSydney

Great paint and cleanable ,easy to apply

nice paint and easy to apply and covered the old paint easy, I recommend it and try to use it again , this product is expensive but well worth it , better to leave one day between the Coates , easy to clean . any way nice experience so far

Date PurchasedMar 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to review our Clean & Protect product. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience and appreciate the feedback. All the best with your next project, The British Paints Team.

Rob g

Rob gBudgewoi

Perfect cant fault

This product is excellent, coverage is good, went dark over light. hardly any smell. Looks better than expected was worried after i read the reviews. Used the cheapest rollers and brushes I think if I used more expensive rollers I could have done it in 1 coat, and was my first time painting.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
NickBritish Paints

Hi Rob, thanks for taking the time to review our clean & protect product. We appreciate the feedback and good luck for your next project! Regards, The British Paints Team.

Dan

Somethings wrong with this formula

Purchased the Matt Black from this range. Stirred thoroughly as I do all my paints. When applying it was watery and streaky. Once dry it was see through and uneven . Whatever the formula is it doesn’t work! I went back to Bunnings and requested to change it . Guys were great and allowed me to change it over. Came home with taubmans tradex flat black. Absolutely brilliant finish. Could of got away with one coat but gave it 2 anyway. If your looking for a Matt finish in black as a feature wall then don’t go past taubmans black flat . Don’t touch British paints version. Sorry guys but somethings seriously wrong with your formula.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

fullhouse

fullhouseBrisbane

This paint is a terrible waste of money!!

I am very unhappy with the results of this product. The coverage is terrible. As the roller goes over it removes what has just gone on.
What is worse is I have more. I have used cheap paint that was far better. I prepped properly first. Not happy. What am I supposed to do now? Sand it off? Left it to dry for a day and tried to go over it. It is only getting worse. Day 2 and the roller is removing yesterdays paint!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rachel Landers

Rachel LandersPerth, WA

Is this paint

Bought black for my feature wall did the shake thing with no colour change to the wall. That’s was a surprise. Just no colour change. Changed for another product and wham I have a black wall.

acerace

aceraceQld, 4521

Big mistake

As an owner builder I did my own painting, Painted many homes over the years used Bristol but no longer around.
Went to Bunnings and bought approx. 60/80L of British Paints Clean and protect for the interior.

No matter how many coats it looks very ordinary not worth the/any savings Used Taubmans elsewhere and it's fine.
One day will need to redo esp the ceilings.

Paul

Paulsydney

Good but smell persists days later.

The paint went on well. Brushes nicely and rolled on without thinning and no spatter off roller. The problem however was the bad odour that is still persisting on the third day. Colour matching to previous colour by Bunnings was 99%. I used a synthetic brush Unipro, and the roller was a cheap mid range.

F64VALMelbourne

British paints fail!!! Terrible paint very unhappy!

Erica F

Erica Fasked

Hi there
I live in Switzerland and i search for a similar Paint as the British clean & protect wall Paint low sheen.
May you have a tip : is it with acrylate ? Is it a Dispersion ? In the cause of my ART Paintings , i search for those answers ...

Anthony K.

Anthony K.asked

Good morning

I am currently using British Paints Clean & Protect Kitchen & Bathroom to paint laundry and toilet walls as this product is ideal for wet areas.

I was wondering if British Paints Clean & Protect Kitchen & Bathroom can be used for a bathroom ceiling?

Tony

henry h.British Paints

Hi Anthony, you could use British Paints Clean & Protect Kitchen & Bathroom for your ceiling if you wish. I presume you are using a Low Sheen. Normally we would recommend a ceiling flat for a ceiling which gives a matt finish and is better at absorbing reflecting light and hiding any imperfections, but this would not necessarily prevent you from using the Kitchen & Bathroom British Paints do have a ceiling white but it is not specifically designed for wet areas. Hope that helps Anthony, if you would like to discuss it further please call our Help and Advice Team on 132525 option 2 - The British Paints Team

Peter K.asked

I'm worried I've bought a dud product from bad batch. Repainting internal walls with low sheen. Real adhesion issue here, not first house I've painted either. Sugar soap and light 180 grit sand. Weather mid 20s, humidity slightly higher than normal but no warning on tin to suggest risk. Checked existing paint with iso alcohol and clearly leaving staining on rag supporting acrylic water based. Can't work out what the hell has gone wrong except that I have gone from dulux to save a $, big mistake.

Another alarm bell ringing for me is noticed 15L tins on special for $60. Getting rid of bad batch?

Ron. K

Depending on what undercoat you have used... I always use a good 3 in one product and leave to harden for at least 24 hours. Then a very very light sand before applying the topcoat

Ron. K

After using sugar soap I would wipe wall clean again with a dry cloth and also dust wall after sanding

Thanks for response.