Brivis

Do not buy a Brivis evaporation cooler

Ours was installed in late 2013 and it’s already broken down 3 times after 5 years.
Very unreliable, as every summer we know it’s going to stop working. Today is 34c and we had to leave the house because it’s not working. If I could turn back time and buy a different brand I would.

Appalling customer service

I have got a 17 kw Brivis ice series aircon unit which has stopped blowing cool air just after 2 months from installation. When the issue was logged with Brivis under warranty, the earlier date they could send a technician is almost a month away. Apparantly they don't have enough technicians to service the area so I am not sure why they are selling products when they can't service them in a reasonable time frame. A month wait in summer is just ridiculous. Stay away from Brivis products.

After reading all these comments, I was worried that I would encounter the same difficulties with customer service. Our evaporative cooler stopped working (3 years old), tripping a safety switch in the house. Called Brivis and explained the issue and was told of their 5 year warranty. They arranged for a sub contractor to come out within a week (thankfully it wasn't hot!). He arrived when he said he would, explained the issue, fixed it and it was all under warranty. Very happy with their service!

Hi Emma, we’re so glad you’ve had a great experience! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and we'll be sure to pass it onto our team. Thanks, Rinnai Australia

Stay away - Very bad product and service

I had a ducted Brivis installed in a new property 5 years ago. System have issue with the fan after two years then start having gas leak fixed the gas leak then it is leaking from somewhere else then had another issue with the wall controller stopped working all this exactly after the warranty expired. Very bad customer service waiting for a week for them to call me to setup an appointment for a service. It is now three weeks since I called the customer service and got a work order (WO0266002), I mad many calls to follow up, but no body bother to call again from Rinnai or their subcontractors. I think they don't even deserve the $285 that I was planning to pay for the service call unless they confirm to me that they have a replacement for the external unit. I already started getting quotes to replace it with a new trusted system from a company that respect its customers.

Terrible product and service is worse

Got Brivis ducted heating with add on cooling in my new home. Always having problem with the temperature control. Tried to contact Brivis but they refuse to acknowledge the problem and their attitude is arrogant. The suggestion from Brivis is, quoting, "buy yourself a fan". Can't believe this. Do yourself a favor and buy something else.

Not working at all

We have it from last one year refrigerated cooling doesn’t work at all, even worse than cooler funny thing is their technician do know how to fix it.

Terrible

The unit keeps on breaking even still under warranty, installer takes more then a week to turn up each time Brivis refuses to take any responsibility for its dealers.

Terrible terrible thermostat controller

The thermostat controller on my Bricis unit is really difficult to use. All I want is to turn the heater on. It’s not clear how to do so even after studying the manual in detail. When it is on, there is no feedback on the controller to say whether it is on or not. When you want to switch it off, there is no easy way to tell either. There are two controllers in the house, but it’s impossible to know if the first controller and the second controllers are in synch. Non of it is documented. Most of the time I just end up so frustrated I put on extra clothes instead. What’s the use of paying so much for a heating unit if you end up shivering in the cold anyway? I’d never buy a Brivis again.

Terrible Refrigerated cooling unit

Just after our Warranty period finished the unit stopped working. The cooling specialist diagnosed a leak on Service Port which led to a gas leak. We hardly used cooling as we live in Melbourne. It cost us $500 just to diagnose the fault. Sill waiting for a quote to replace the Service port and the gas. Will update the outcome later.

BRIVIS REFRIGERATED COOLING Breaks Down NO FIX FOR 3 WEEKS !!

Brand new Refrigerated Central Cooling unit. We paid $20,000 extra to have refrigerated cooling into our new home. 3 months later, yes only 3 weeks, it breaks down.

IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER. So now they are saying it will take them 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks, to come and fix it. In the middle of summer. So whilst our home heats up to over 50. If you have a choice go with a company that actually provides a service. Absolutely disgusting level of service. Go and choose another company, although not much competition. They do no care at all once you have paid your money.

Obviously the units terrible, breaking down in 3 months, and then they provide little service when you need it. They should be ashamed.

Terrible customer service experience - would never buy again.

We purchased a Brivis heater back in October and in mid December purchased the Brivis Ice add on cooler.
When installed, the motherboard of the cooling unit was faulty so our installer contacted Brivis and booked in a technician to come out on Christmas Eve for a replacement. When the technician came out, he confirmed that the issue was with the motherboard and that it needed to be replaced. I said that's what we thought, so it would be great to get it all dealt with. The technician then informed me that he didn't have the part and that he would need to order it in. He said the office was closed until 7 January, so we will need to contact after that date to book in an appointment. I was very disappointed that they had been informed of the necessary part prior to the technician appointment, but they still came unprepared. Ended up having 25 people at our house for Christmas day with no cooling!

Skip to January 7th - we called the office to book in another appointment and were told that the technician had not put notes from the first appointment, so no part had been ordered. We were obviously very frustrated, but the customer service girls said they would follow it up and get back in touch with us ASAP to let us know it had been ordered. My partner ended up calling again days later and was told that they were still waiting on the part. He requested a call back within 24 hours for an update.

3 days later - I called Brivis and spoke to quite a rude lady who informed me that she had tried to call my partner days ago, but he hadn't answered (not at all true). She finally agreed to book in an appointment a week later. I said that was fine as my partner is off that afternoon, so to please book us in for after 1pm. The lady said that the technician completes their own run sheet, but that she would put notes to outline the availability. I said it must be the afternoon as we both work and are not available. She said it should be fine as it is currently the technician's only job for the day.
The night before the appointment, the technician calls to confirm the appointment time of 8am. I said we cannot do morning, we specifically said it must be afternoon. He said nobody in the office had put notes or advised him of this, so he had booked out the afternoon with other jobs. He tried to tell me that he would call the office the next morning and get them to organise something and call us, but since our dealings with the office had been terrible at best, I said not to bother. Instead I had to get my mother in law to change her plans and be at my house to let the technician in.
The units are both running fine now, but we hope to never have to deal with Brivis customer service again. It has been a terrible experience and no matter how great the units may be, it cannot make up for rude and ineffective customer service.

rude and disrespectful.

Worse service imaginable. Incompetent and rude stuff and inadequate system simply trying to get my unit serviced, have been treated with a lack of respect.

Very effective and cost saving

I got the brivis contour evaporative cooling installed at my place. Its really effective and results are amazing. touch controller is easy to use

Heating and Cooling manufacturer closes over hot summer period

Brivis, a heating & Cooling manufacturer closed its' doors over the current heatwave, and will not / cannot supply parts until after 7th January 2019.
A disgraceful example of no customer service. I will be sure and let the world know!

Shocking Service

Requested a service call for broken down AC. Offered service call in 2 weeks . Called us 3 days before service due date and cancelled. Offered another service 2 weeks later. They used to offer good service but since taken over by Rinnai service seems to have gone by the wayside.

Unreliable, Terrible, dont buy a Brivis!

Installed our Brivis evaporative in 2011, since then it has failed us regularly. First was the water level sensors, secondly a corroded water inlet tap, then water leaking into the ceiling ( which caused major damage to the plasterboard ) from a poorly installed vent leading from the bottom of the unit, brivis wouldn't even return our calls and no help in fixing, had to pay another company to repair. then a blocked drain from corroded metal falling into the overflow drain.. Have just been told we need to replace the WHOLE EXTERIOR UNIT because the whole sub frame is corroded and the pads are collapsing, Cannot believe this happens in this day and age, thinking court action, never deal with Brivis!!

What a terrible disappointment, never buy a Brivis, or you will regret it like we have..

Will let you down when you most need it.

System keeps shutting down on 38 C day - need to turn off and on a wall to reset it then works for 30 min - repeat process - what a heap of garbage

Brivis = over expense

Split system, refrigerated cooling and heating. Called to book service, I nearly fell over backwards from shock.....
300 for first hour with 45 every half hour or is that 15 mins, correct me if I’m wrong...not only that 195 if I book heating and cooling together if not I’m charged 285 for the heating...on top of that there’s a call out fee living in outer Melbourne and then I’m told it’s extra for parts.
The technician would advise me of any extra costs....
I’m wondering if there are others out there that service brivis split systems? Warranty has been and gone so I’m just curious what makes the service so expensive?

Massive lack of customer service

I am trying to get a new Brivis control unit fitted to an existing domestic ducted heating system. I phone Brivis and am told they do not provide this service and they give me the number of another company This company tells me they fit control units but do not sell them and they give me the number of a third company. this company tell me they sell brivis control units but they do not fit them . When Brivis sell a product do they actually have a system where by their customers can get service or is it a case of once you have sold the product you do not give a stuff about your customers ?

Terrible service - 2 months without a heater

We built a new house with Henley builders a year ago and Henley have used brivis as the heating provider.

A year on, the heater is giving us major issues. Initially the heater was not switching on which then led to the main switch being reset over and over again. It doesn't control the temperature at a set level as well.

My husband and I have a young family and we haven't been with a heater since May end till date. We are in Melbourne so that is peak winter for us.

Getting an appointment with a technician is a two week wait with no urgency. 1st appt, the technician changed the duct which did not fix the problem. 2 weeks later second technician tested the system and advised need to replace parts. 2 weeks later third technician replaced part but then realized gas pipe needs replacing and this again needs to be ordered. Now we wait for the fourth technician.

The company is most difficult to deal with, no urgency or sympathy for families with young children in peak winter. The technicians are incompetent and unprofessional not diagnosing all the issues at once. Further more for parts to be ordered, atleast 3 weeks, what sort of company or technician doesn't have parts handy and available when they come for site inspection.

All in all, the experience is dreadful. Product is still under warranty and my young family just wait patiently for this winter to pass.

I would never recommend this company to anyone.