Budget Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance

BrigitteSydney, NSW

Worst company I have ever dealt with - DO NOT USE

AlanPerth, WA

Bad company poor ethics

I checked with budget direct (in writing) that I was covered before I cancelled my flights due to Covid. Come claim time they reject it on the basis I was 2 days early before 1 set of government advice even though smart traveller recommended 3 days before do not travel. They are a shifty company do not use them. Luckily Qatar airways agreed to give me a full refund otherwise I would have fought this.
Don't use Budget Direct

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
FJ1960

FJ1960Sydney, NSW

do not use budget direct Travel insurance

I had to make all the phone calls and send numerous emails for budget direct to the German debt collection agency as $1500 of bills hadn't been paid after 5 month after my accident in germany sep 2019.
my carpet cleaning bill for the blood stains on my sisters carpet was not reimbursed 'as it happened in a family members home" so I am out of pocket there for $260. one of the staff members mentioned that for sorting out their mess for them and making all these phone calls to germany for them ,they might look into reimbursing me for the carpet cleaning. NO SUCH LUCK!!!

Type of ClaimMedical and Personal Liability
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Travel Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Kristian J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAM! STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

Saxons mum

Poor response to reasonable request

Exactly the same issue as Serena. Paid for this to start in May and have asked if it can be deferred only option is to totally cancel and get a refund ... very eager to do that as the policy was paid for before they changed their PDS and covers multiple trips we have planned. Will be seeking legal advice. I suppose in this awful time there is an opportunity for corporates to show their true colours and this will enable us to make choices going forward on who put customers first and who didn’t.

DestinationAntarctica, Europe and South America
Saxons mum

Actually I have referred the response I have received to the ombudsman.

peter k.

peter k.South East Queensland, QLD

Well thought out and easy process

Goog all round policy easy to understand hopefully easy to claim if something goes wrong. Had all the inclusions that I need and none of the stuff that I would otherwise pay for and don't need

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Budget Direct A.Budget Direct

Hi Peter, thank you for providing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found the policy suitable to your needs. Our aim is offer a competitive cover and to assess claims within a timely manner. Wishing you happy and safe travels !

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Each time and each new place you travel you get charged extra.

12months cover. Each country in that time should not be extra. The point of an annual Multitrip policy is that you're covered anywhere in the world for that 12 months.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Wayne and Sue

Wayne and SueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great price easy to set up online value for money

Good value usually do a policy per trip but this was good value easy to set up for annual trips didn't need to lodge a claim this was the first time using this company but happy with price.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Budget D.Budget Direct

Hi Wayne and Sue, thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you found the Budget Direct Annual Multi trip travel policy suitable to your needs and cost effective. Our aim is to have the entire process customer friendly.

Happy traveller

Happy travellerSydney, NSW

Very good value

We haven’t used this company before and I was pleasantly surprised at the good quote we received for this policy. I initially received assistance from an online staff member and it then took a short time to complete the application details on line.

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Budget D.Budget Direct

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, Happy Traveller. We are glad you had this experience with purchasing online, as our aim is to make it user friendly. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct for your Travel Insurance. Safe Travels.

Travel Insurance

JanetF

JanetF

We have only just got our insurance

Our flight from Lord Howe Island was cancelled, so we were charged for extra Blue Emu parking and a motel room in Sydney, but we did not claim because it was less than $200 excess.

DestinationAustralia
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Budget D.Budget Direct

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

See all Budget Direct Travel Insurance reviews