Budget Direct Travel Insurance

Budget Direct Travel Insurance

Dont trust them. Always cancel your policy when it is over!!!

I try to be savvy and re-assess my insurance costs every year (home, car, life etc) and twice now I have been conned for a consecutive year for unnecessary car insurance with BUDGET DIRECT!!! The first time I was only getting a quote over the phone and they still took another years worth of car insurance money from my account after I told them I didnt want to continue insurance with them. That was around 10 years ago. I called them and they apologised for the mistake and refunded me....

This time, after renewing my car insurance with someone else I saw a payment on my account for BUDGET DIRECT car insurance!!! I called them and relayed my dissatisfaction with their sneaky ways to which they told me that is to cover the customer in case they forget to renew their policy!!! what happened to sending out letters, emails, text messages etc!!!!??? or even calling?? No-one else conducts business like this. I wonder how many innocent people have paid unnecessary insurance policies to these people without even realising. No wonder they offer a negotiation price!!!

Book AgainNo

Adequate and in line with the Budget philosophy

True to Budget values. Economical and without fuss. Will seriously consider on our next journey. Range of our options was broad enough to meet our needs without too many complications.

DestinationNorth America

Best Travel Insurance I have ever purchased

Budget Travel Insurance is excellent value
I have not made a claim
This is the first time I have used Budget Travel Insurance but I will certainly be using it again

Book AgainYes

This was very competitive for price ans so easy to purchase online.

Great value with positive reviews to compare prices. Normally go with other travel insurers what convinced me was choice rating and overall cost with chomprehensive cover.only time will tell will provide feedback upon my return.

Terrible Claim Payment Service

I have only used Budget Direct once for travel insurance - never again! I unfortunately needed to make a claim as I fell ill whilst travelling overseas and had to return home for surgery. It took 2 months to have my claim approved, and I have been waiting for 4 weeks for the money to be put into my account. Their customer service is appalling. Lovely people to speak to, but no one actions anything, takes responsibility for anything or returns calls.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easier than the others

We needed to cover a one way trip to UK. Budget Direct made this easy and cheaper than the competition.
We are first time users, and although we haven’t set out yet, we would recommend this scheme.

Claim rejected

Missed a connection flight in Denpasar due to delay of flight from Jakarta. I had to buy a new flight ticket to go home to Perth. Kiwi.com told me it was it was not their responsibility. Budget direct rejected my claim as extra unplanned travel expenses was not covered in my contract. When I signed up, "missed flights " and " extra travel expenses" was listed in the insurance cover list. We are talking about a claim of 380 dollars.
I will buy travel insurance elsewhere next year. Be aware of the fine print. Insurance always works when you don't need to claim anything.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Just the ticket!

Was looking for a policy that was budget friendly but covered everything I needed without lots of unnecessary cover - with this I get everything I need and hit the mark perfectly cost-wise!

Excellent company

This is first as we usually use bank offer. But as I didn’t buy trip through bank needed insurance from elsewhere. Checked several
other companies who were in a couple of cases twice as much as Direct. We use Direct for our house insurance as well and find them great.

easy to use

first time used and happy with the results would recommend to my family and friends and would use it again

Exact Travel Insurance I needed without any hassles

Never. This is my first time.
Exact Travel Insurance I needed without any hassles. Your review table needs updating though as it won't let you submit anything less than twenty words. Make it 20 characters!

Insurance claim madeNo

Didnt make a claim so cant rate it. It was an easy purchase though

This one time. It was easy to purchase online. Straight forward. I dont have anything else to say. 20 word minimum is a bit rough guys.

Good peace of mind

This is the first time I have had travel insurance with this company. Fortunately didn't have to submit a claim but cover seemed to be very good. Will use again in the future.

Purchase Experience

I purchased on line. The process was straightforward. After purchase I was unsure of one of my responses. I was given clarification using the chat facility. I then modified my policy and an adjusted certificate was issued. Very happy so far. Can’t make any comments on the claim process.

Insurance claim madeNo

Easy to purchase, didn’t need to use it though.

Never used before, first time. Price was right and we already have our cars and houses covered by real so it met what we needed and a familiar brand.

5 out of 5

This is the first time I have used Budget Direct but not the last. I found the premium very well priced and easily applied

Impossible outreach from South America

Couldn't use their doctors network in Argentina. Try to call to the number on the website (for medical service in South America) and couldn't get through. Hired the service in Brisbane before my trip, when I try to reach them from Argentina (through chat) they said I have to call to a number to be able to know what hospital to use...
Wouldn't use this travel ensurance if going to South America...

Never received any communication

Never received confirmation or a PDS despite an email stating that I was going to receive one in 24 hours.

Insurance claim madeNo

First time using budget direct

As a first time user the process of getting travel insurance online was quick and easy, and the price seemed good in comparison.

Insurance claim madeNo

Too early to review policy

First time I have taken out a policy with BD, ask me to review next June after the trip. The policy seems reasonable, like all insurance policies you will not know good it is unless you need to make a claim

Insurance claim madeNo

My husband and I are going on holidays from 9/9/19 to 30/10/19. We are going to Norway, Finland,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland,Spain, Italy. We won’t be doing any dangerous snow activities, only a group glacial 2 hour walk, car hire in Iceland and self guided easy walks in Spain and Italy. We are both retired, so we don’t need any insurance to cover missed work days. We were wondering if you could suggest a full comprehensive insurance for us during this time. Thank you. Sue

Planning to travel overseas next year and main concern is the obvious possibility of a 103 year old very close relative dying. She is currently in excellent health and still very able to move around on her own but as with most elderly people, she does take prescribed medication for blood pressure. Does your cancellation policy cover such unforeseen events?
Perhaps you should direct this question to Budget Direct. https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/compare-travel-options.html

Hi,I am international student living in Australia for 4 years , I am planning to travel to my country for 1 month and come back to Australia again, the last minute travel insurance could cover my wife and me ?
Hello, please see our frequently asked questions to see if our cover will suit you needs or contact us on 1800 444 424. https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-faqs.html#who-can-purchase

Similar listings