Budget Direct Travel Insurance

Easy purchase travel insurance

First time user; Helpful staff, easy to set up, good value and coverage. Haven’t travelled yet so hopefully I’m as happy with it if I have to make a claim.

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim MadeNo
Hi Pam, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had this experience when purchasing Travel insurance to protect you on your trip, as our aim is to deliver on great customer service. Have a wonderful trip to New Zealand.

Good value

Easy to setup
This is my first time that i use budget direct for travel, i hope i dont have to claim anything on my trip
I like smooth sailing

Claim MadeNo
Hi Tony, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our aim is to make the purchasing of Travel Insurance an easy process and are greatful that you got to experience this. Wishing you a very happy and smooth sailing trip. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct to protect you on this trip.

Never travel without insurance.

Peace of Mind.
You never no when you gonna need it.
Budget Direct is simple and easy to understand its policies.
I would recommend to family and friends to have travel insurance policies.
We're going overseas nect Marc 2020 again with whloe family hooing awe could get a better deal.
Cheers

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Thank you for your kind words Bait. Our aim is to make the process simple and easy to navigate and we are glad you had this experience. Sounds like will be a great family trip.

It was very easy like that very much

This time was the first time
I have used you
I haven’t made any claims with an insurance company so I don’t know what you’re really like if I had to make a claim
We leave for a trip on 15 September and return on 13 October

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for choosing us for your Travel Insurance to offer you protection on your journey. Have a wonderful trip!

Excellent service

My research showed this policy was good value for money, which proved to be correct.
I did have an unexpected illness which required medical treatment, so unfortunately did have to make a claim which was processed and finalised in less than 24 hours and paid within 3 business days.
This was the first time I have used Budget Direct for travel, and was very impressed. I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Sonia, firstly we are sorry to hear that you suffered an unexpected illness whilst on holiday. We hope you had a speedy recovery given the circumstances. Our aim is to ensure the claim is processed within a timely manner and are glad you had this experience with us.

Travel Insurance

The policy and price where perfect for what we needed. Quick holiday with piece of mind knowing that anything medical would be covered. Website was easy to navigate and created a quote in minutes.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Jenny thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our aim is to provide a seamless process when looking for and purchasing Travel Insurance

Flexible

Luckily we didn't need to claim the insurance. But I really appreciated to easily select the insurance online and the flexibility to update our destinations online - and to be refunded (before starting the trip).

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Anja, thank you for choosing Budget Direct Travel Insurance to provide you cover while travelling and your trip went well. Great to hear that you found the online journey easy.

Easy and i got your rep to amend my destination quickly. Amended policy sent straightaway

Set up and amendment was quick. Have not lodged a claim. I have used budget direct twice for travel insurance already. Easy to understand and purchase and amendment. Quick action

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Mae, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our aim is to ensure the process for all customers is hassle free and we are glad you had this experience with us. Happy and safe travels!

Great product - great price

My trip isn't until later in the year but after researching I found budget direct was good value for money, I completed my application on line and it was quick and easy, I used this company last time we travelled and even thought we did not need to claim we found them good to deal with.
I will post again after we get back from our middle east tour and let you know if there were any issues.

DestinationMiddle East
Claim MadeNo
Ian we hope you have a lovely trip. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct Travel insurance again. We aim to provide great customer service. Happy and safe travels.

Much needed for our Holiday - up up and Away

Great value, well set up, easy on-line set up - my first experience with Budget Direct
My trip is not until next year, I do not anticipate any problems but will get back to you if this occurs.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
We wish you a very safe and happy travel next year Helen. Thank you for choosing Budget Direct Travel insurance.

We have only just got our insurance

Our flight from Lord Howe Island was cancelled, so we were charged for extra Blue Emu parking and a motel room in Sydney, but we did not claim because it was less than $200 excess.

DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Easy to buy - but painful when I claimed -

Easy to buy (just like Covermore and 1Cover), and we thought reasonable value for money. But unfortunately we had to make a claim - an entirely valid claim - and we were compensated . . . . eventually!
To put things in perspective, this is only our second claim in 33 years across dozens of travel policies.
The claims department made sure it used up every day of the 10 days that they give themselves to deal with each response that you provide to each request they issue for you to provide further information. They also managed to raise some confused and ambiguous questions which caused at least one unnecessary 10-day cycle. So we eventually got compensation 2 months after lodging our claim online. Oh, and don't forget to check the excess regime - one policy, but we were charged two excesses because we both had to return home due to my ill health. We won't be using Budget Direct again!

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for your feedback regarding your claim experience Tim. When taking out a Budget Direct Travel insurance policy, you are provided with the option to choose an excess of $200, $100 and $0. When claiming under certain sections listed in the benefits table, you are required to pay the excess you nominated when purchasing the policy, as the first part of the claim. Budget Direct travel insurance excesses apply to each insured event, each insured person claiming, and each benefit claimed. We are sympathetic to the circumstances that lead to your claim and we would like you to contact us via our website or on 1800 789 924 so we can then review your feedback and claim experience further.

Excellent service e no worries

Excellent service. Very helpful friendly and prompt when I called to change details. I have used this insurance a number of times. Happy to recommend. Thank you for your support and helpful guidance.

Made selection easy

This was a task I wasn’t looking forward, getting travel insurance, but Budget Direct made it simple and easy to select. At the time of making this review I haven’t travelled so I’m simply going by the process of getting insurance.

Claim MadeNo

Dont bother with comp insurance for peace of mind 1st time had to claim its a nightmare no peace of mind, weeks no info.

Easy to set up of course they want your money, lodging it's complicated and takes so long. No idea how many times I've used this company there's no long term benefits to staying with one they offer nothing.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Other
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

bad travel insurance

i had a problem with my boarding and i had to buy another flight ticket to come back sydney .When i came back i did my claim with budget direct travel insurance but they made me wait 10 business days and rejected my claim.This is very bad insurance company you can get.....

DestinationSouth America
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Cheaper than others

Wanted to choose Europe as a destination but it was not an option on your site. Was unusual I thought. I registered only Greece. After the purchase, When I reviewed the confirmation, and read the terms and conditions I had to register all the countries to be visited. So I rang (after the purchase) to add other countries which were all in Europe and I had to pay an extra $63.00. I feel that it was a bit of a catch to get extra money.

It's perfect

Very good value very easy to do I online not a lot of questions and very simple to go and finish everything online and 15 % is very helpful thank you

Claim MadeNo

Very good highly recommend will use again

Good value and very easy to setup. First time using it but definately will come back again tried a lot of others for a quote nut this was the best comparison

Claim MadeNo

Wouldn’t go anywhere else.

So easy to organise insurance for myself. And personal help was available promptly when needed. I wouldn’t go anywhere else after this for my insurance needs. The products on offer are very competitive.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

My wife are planning a week in Bali next month. Her mother is 92 years old and resident of a care home. Other than being very old she is well and expected to last a few years yet. If she were to fall ill suddenly and we were required to cancel or return at short notice would we be covered under your comprehensive travel policy.

How hard is it to make a claim and recover lost monies whilst away if you need to use the policy for hospital, teeth, accidents etc?
Not sure never made a claim sorry

My husband and I are going on holidays from 9/9/19 to 30/10/19. We are going to Norway, Finland,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland,Spain, Italy. We won’t be doing any dangerous snow activities, only a group glacial 2 hour walk, car hire in Iceland and self guided easy walks in Spain and Italy. We are both retired, so we don’t need any insurance to cover missed work days. We were wondering if you could suggest a full comprehensive insurance for us during this time. Thank you. Sue

Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel InsuranceBudget Direct Essential Travel InsuranceBudget Direct Last Minute Travel InsuranceBudget Direct Domestic Travel InsuranceBudget Direct Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1800 444 4241800 444 4241800 444 4241800 444 4241800 444 424
Online Live Chat YesYesYesYesYes
Other Insurance Types Offered Car and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and Contents
UnderwriterAuto & General InsuranceAuto & General InsuranceAuto & General InsuranceAuto & General InsuranceAuto & General Insurance
Maximum Age Covered 100 years old74 years old74 years old100 years old74 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000Not IncludedNot Included$15,000$20,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per day, up to $2,500$75 per day, up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included$75 per day, up to $2,500
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,400
Permanent Disability$40,000$30,000Not Included$15,000$40,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $400$250Not Included$250$400
Delayed Luggage $600$400Not Included$250$600
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,500 as part of Travel Documents coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$2,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$500 (Any Items)$2,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $7,500$5,000$2,500$5,000$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000.00$2,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,500,000.00$5,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$4,000Not Included$4,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$500
Special Activities Packages
GolfIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
CruiseIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra

Visit official website - Download manual