Budget Direct Travel Insurance

Budget Direct Travel Insurance

Exerllant service

Easy to buy and get cover, though I have not claimed in any occasion, buying process is pretty easy. I have used Budget in few times now when I travelling, and recommended.

Claim MadeNo

What a relief to find an easy e great value for travelling

Easy to do and great value and very quick process in setting up and re roving all the information fantastic service this is my second time and I am very pleased e can recommend

Do not use

use another company
We were asked to postpone our holiday due to an illness to our son by his specialist as he needed our care during this period.
We had a letter from his specialist,
When I went to make a claim I was told there was no refunds even if a member of your family commits suicide and there was a general exclusion for this type of illness in Australia
Shows a distinct lack of compassion by this company and everything is about $$$

Trip insurance

We always use trip insurance when traveling.This policy seems like good value. We are yet to take our trip though , so my feedback is pure pretrip feedback and it was easy to set up.

Perfect carefree travel

The policy was very easy to set up and to my mind good value although I didn’t have to use it or lodge a claim.
I will definitely look at Budget Direct first for my next travel insurance.

The best travel insurance

First time using Budget Direct and i was very impressed. Policy was great value and I made a doctor/medical claim for my infant son which was handled so professionally. Will be choosing Budget Direct again for certain in the future.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Pretty good

Easy to set up but would not allow me to put in all countries in africa had to then call and hang on for 15 mins to speak to operator

DestinationAfrica
Claim MadeNo

Very happy would use again

Was easy to do online great pricing good value it was easy to understand what cover i needed to get Would definitely use again Am a very happy customer

The worst insurance.

It is the worst! I never came across a family travel insurance with excess 200per person. I had to claim medical expenses n consultation of all my 3kids amounting to 1000plus. They assessed and only could claim 700..Bcos its 200excess per kid. I am only able to claim 100 out of so much money spent on this damn insurance. I will never recommend this to anyone. Not worth it. Horrible policy!!

Insurance Cover For:Child
Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Highly recommend

My kid ended up in hospital overseas. Excellent customer service. The medical team called us repeatedly to see if we were ok. Anyways came back to Aus and did a claim. Easy enough. Got everything back with minimum fuss. Will definitely purchase my travel cover with them again.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Happy with the cost

This is the first time we have used this company and we made our decision on the fact that we could have comprehensive cover for only a little more than medical only with other companies. Luckily we did not need to claim as nothing went wrong on our cruise. We will use this company again for our cruise in November.

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim MadeNo

Good product I think? Never had to claim so not sure

Yeah, I have no real review because nothing went wrong so I didn’t have to use the insurance. but it was cheap enough. I’ve used 1 cover a few times now

Claim MadeNo

Dont trust them. Always cancel your policy when it is over!!!

I try to be savvy and re-assess my insurance costs every year (home, car, life etc) and twice now I have been conned for a consecutive year for unnecessary car insurance with BUDGET DIRECT!!! The first time I was only getting a quote over the phone and they still took another years worth of car insurance money from my account after I told them I didnt want to continue insurance with them. That was around 10 years ago. I called them and they apologised for the mistake and refunded me....

This time, after renewing my car insurance with someone else I saw a payment on my account for BUDGET DIRECT car insurance!!! I called them and relayed my dissatisfaction with their sneaky ways to which they told me that is to cover the customer in case they forget to renew their policy!!! what happened to sending out letters, emails, text messages etc!!!!??? or even calling?? No-one else conducts business like this. I wonder how many innocent people have paid unnecessary insurance policies to these people without even realising. No wonder they offer a negotiation price!!!

Claim MadeNo

Adequate and in line with the Budget philosophy

True to Budget values. Economical and without fuss. Will seriously consider on our next journey. Range of our options was broad enough to meet our needs without too many complications.

Best Travel Insurance I have ever purchased

Budget Travel Insurance is excellent value
I have not made a claim
This is the first time I have used Budget Travel Insurance but I will certainly be using it again

Claim MadeNo

This was very competitive for price ans so easy to purchase online.

Great value with positive reviews to compare prices. Normally go with other travel insurers what convinced me was choice rating and overall cost with chomprehensive cover.only time will tell will provide feedback upon my return.

Terrible Claim Payment Service

I have only used Budget Direct once for travel insurance - never again! I unfortunately needed to make a claim as I fell ill whilst travelling overseas and had to return home for surgery. It took 2 months to have my claim approved, and I have been waiting for 4 weeks for the money to be put into my account. Their customer service is appalling. Lovely people to speak to, but no one actions anything, takes responsibility for anything or returns calls.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easier than the others

We needed to cover a one way trip to UK. Budget Direct made this easy and cheaper than the competition.
We are first time users, and although we haven’t set out yet, we would recommend this scheme.

Claim rejected

Missed a connection flight in Denpasar due to delay of flight from Jakarta. I had to buy a new flight ticket to go home to Perth. Kiwi.com told me it was it was not their responsibility. Budget direct rejected my claim as extra unplanned travel expenses was not covered in my contract. When I signed up, "missed flights " and " extra travel expenses" was listed in the insurance cover list. We are talking about a claim of 380 dollars.
I will buy travel insurance elsewhere next year. Be aware of the fine print. Insurance always works when you don't need to claim anything.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Just the ticket!

Was looking for a policy that was budget friendly but covered everything I needed without lots of unnecessary cover - with this I get everything I need and hit the mark perfectly cost-wise!

Claim MadeNo

My husband and I are going on holidays from 9/9/19 to 30/10/19. We are going to Norway, Finland,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland,Spain, Italy. We won’t be doing any dangerous snow activities, only a group glacial 2 hour walk, car hire in Iceland and self guided easy walks in Spain and Italy. We are both retired, so we don’t need any insurance to cover missed work days. We were wondering if you could suggest a full comprehensive insurance for us during this time. Thank you. Sue

Planning to travel overseas next year and main concern is the obvious possibility of a 103 year old very close relative dying. She is currently in excellent health and still very able to move around on her own but as with most elderly people, she does take prescribed medication for blood pressure. Does your cancellation policy cover such unforeseen events?
Perhaps you should direct this question to Budget Direct. https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/compare-travel-options.html

Hi,I am international student living in Australia for 4 years , I am planning to travel to my country for 1 month and come back to Australia again, the last minute travel insurance could cover my wife and me ?
Hello, please see our frequently asked questions to see if our cover will suit you needs or contact us on 1800 444 424. https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-faqs.html#who-can-purchase

Similar listings