Bugaboo Cameleon

Bugaboo Cameleon

3rd Gen Plus, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen

Excellent pram that worth every penny!

Amazing Pram. We bought it in 2007 for our first baby and 12 Years later still sturdy as and very reliable. It lasts us for 4 kids the eldest is 11y.o now and the youngest is 8 m.o.
Easy to maneuver, light and pretty compact compare to the other prams we owned.

Purchased in May 2008 at Baby Bunting.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Alex Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. All the best, Bugaboo team

All the bells and whistles and attractive to boot

For our first baby we wanted to buy a top-of-the-line pram, and I'll be honest, it had to look good as well. As pram newbies our criteria was simple- can we fold it down with minimal assistance from the sales representative in store? The bugaboo cameleon 3 plus won the battle.

Although there were some other options which were easy to fold (some even with a one-hand fold), the cameleon actually attracted us with its two parts (the bassinet or infant fabric, and the pram base). This was because as a fairly petite female I found many of the one-fold prams too heavy to lift easily.

The cameleon 3 plus is a solid, well-made product. It was the newest version out when we purchased it at the beginning of the year, and there were a lot of competitive pricing deals on as a result to promote the upgrade. The entire pram can be configured in many different ways, and very easily- the handle can be flipped forwards or backwards and the bassinet/seat chassis attached either way. This is achieved by pressing handy click-in buttons on the side. This also means that you can have the larger wheels facing forwards (for any "off-roading") or at the back for traditional setup. I believe the suspension can also be adjusted, too. It has performed well taking to the shops or out on walks on the footpath and occasionally on the grass. The bar across the bassinet/seat also clicks off to the side for easy removal of bub. I felt very secure taking my newborn out in this pram as she had a fully-flat bassinet she could sleep in (which could be detached when we were visiting friends as a portable bed), and the canopy can unzip to fold very far down giving a lot of protection. She fell asleep easily in it, and is also comfortable now we have changed to the seat chassis (which can also be laid flat if desired so baby can sleep-again, a simple button adjustment at the sides).

Minor issues but not dealbreakers:
1. With the bassinet attached, it is quite difficult to store much or access the basket at the base- I believe this has been somewhat improved since the last model but you still wouldn't fit much in there
2. The bassinet does take up a lot of space in the back of a hatchback. It can be collapsed, but is a bit more effort and I wouldn't routinely do it. However, once changed to the seat chassis it takes up a lot less space.
3. After collapsing the pram, there is no way I can find to "lock" the components in place so the base doesn't fold itself open again when you lift it up. This is easily rectified once you know to grab several of the bars at the same time when lifting.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $1,200.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Amanda Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Plus. Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. All the best, Bugaboo team

Loved it best pray I ever owned

So easy to push and shop with comfy for my child. Basket fits alot, easy set up and pack up. Canopy is very good size
Easy break system
Worth every $$$
You pay for what you get.

Purchased in January 2015 at Baby buntting.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Houda Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. All the best, Bugaboo team

We love our Bugaboo

It was a big deal choosing a pram! We definitely made the right choice when we purchased the Cameleon. It is smooth durable and easy to fold. We used it for both our kids. Took the pram several times overseas and its still in good conditions!

Purchased in February 2013 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. All the best, Bugaboo team :)

Recommend this item with great experience.

Fantastic pram if your starting a family, comfortable and safe for your child great suspension no need to pump wheels,
Bassinet and seat covers attach to the one frame you won’t have any bulk pieces laying around only fabric.

Purchased in January 2015 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Fantastic + You want accessories

Had this for our first born. It was fantastic, great wheels making it easy to get over things eg. bumps on paths, rocky terrain, even sand on the beach.

Love:
- the quality and feel of it. Wheels and suspension are far superior to other prams
- collapsibility (we had to remove the top tray in our boot (Audi Q5) to fit it all in
- Accessories: the zip blanket was great when going out in Winter in Melbourne, the drink holder is great for carrying water bottle / coffee / baby bottle. Travel bag was also really good when travelling overseas/interstate

Dislikes:
- Travelling with it overseas, it's quite large and heavy to travel with. We took a Yoyo that allowed us to take our toddler on the plane asleep vs pulling him out of it

Overall: There's a reason why these are so damn popular. It really is one of the best on the market

Purchased in January 2016 at Baby Village.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Dave Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. We will also pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. All the best, Bugaboo team

Love love love!

Absolutely loved this pram I use it with all three of my children and then again with my nieces.
So easy to clean, fit nicely in the car and was easy to ensemble.

Purchased in February 2012 at Baby Bunting for $900.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Izzy, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

expensive BUT it the best

i been using this for the past 10 years , all i can say it valued for money and at the end , you still able to sell it as a used product .

it is expensive to purchase brand new when i gotten it 10 years ago but it worth it as it comes with product warranty . the first frame that we gotten from bugaboo has some issue and they sent us a brand new frame as a replacement .

do your self a favour , buy your baby one of the best pram out there . treat your baby well . it worth it .

Purchased in September 2009 at David Jones Retail Stores for $1,500.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Donny, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Style over function

I'll be honest i bought this pram because the pink bassinet mode was just too adorable and it was super popular based on reviews and i thought i couldn't go wrong. I really didn't know what i even needed in a good pram back then.

Positives
It is a perfect pram for a newborn. I loved it!! DD looked adorable and random people in the shopping centre commented on how beautiful the pram was! The bassinet is easy to use and can be used off the pram base if travelling and washed if desired. With a newborn I was off work and had plenty of time so the small time it took to put the top and bottom together didn't bother me (but it does as a busy parent with toddler wanting to run in and out of places) . The transfer from bassinet to seat option is easy. The parent facing versus outward facing is easy to use and very nice. It reclines well. It steers well and the hand brake (different to most models) worked well for me. I could hang some things on it without risk of tipping. But i probably wouldn't buy again and now that she is older i find myself using the Baby Jogger we have as well a little more often because it is so much more convenient. (Somehow i ended up with 4 prams!)

Bugbears
- It is a little frustrating to have to separate for folding when you are busy. Granted that is common to most big prams these days. (The Bee has an easy fold, i haven't used the Fox, but if convenient folding is important on your list then the baby jogger with single hand fold is best! ) . This is fine if you are going out for a while but if you just want to duck into the shops quickly it can be annoying.

-The basket is tiny and almost impossible to use!! It is impossible in bassinet mode and even in seat mode I have to try and jam the bag in and i find myself envious of people with the Uppababy vista or a redsbaby with their massive show off baskets! Pram makers need to know mums have stuff. Lots and lots of stuff! I totally underestimated the need for a big and fully functional basket in a pram and the basket is probably the main reason i wouldn't recommend.

-It is supposed to last till three but i really can't see how that is going to be possible. My DD is only one (only 30% for height) and is already almost near the top. I'll pull the head piece off soon but I doubt it will last till 3. The weight limit is a lot lower than alternatives too.

In short it is a super stylish pram that works particularly well for newborns but if i had my time over I'd get a different one. Style over function is the name of the game her. It is certainly exceptionally stylish but whether that is enough is your call.

Purchased in March 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Dee, Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate your feedback about the underseat basket, size of seat and fold. I wanted to let you know that we agree, mums have a lot of stuff and have we have listened to our consumers to make the basket bigger on our latest version. This basket is also available to purchase for Bugaboo Camelon3. The size of the seat takes up to 17kg, which is approx. 3 years and can be extended by removing the seat cap, which is an Australian requirement. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. Thanks, the team at BugabooGreat to know thanks! I’ll just had a look. The open basket (new version) might make it more accessible too which is the other issue. I’ll check it out because that might make a huge difference.

Great quality pram for babies. Not good for toddlers

This pram is great for newborns and small babies. It’s easy to steer, looks great and is extremely comfortable for baby to sit in. I wish the basket was more easily accessible. In the bassinet mode it is totally unusable. My 2 year old has also grown out of the pram even though it’s stated to fit 3 year olds. Bugaboo needs to step up their game in this department as comparable prams such as baby jogger and silver cross can accommodate 25kg toddlers but bugaboo is only 17kg. My toddler hates the pram now because it is too small for him. I would prefer a longer lasting pram because it’s just so much money to only use comfortably for 18 months.

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Kingdom for $1,350.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Ruby J, Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback. We have improved the underseat basket of the Bugaboo Cameleon, which is now available on the Bugaboo Cameleon3 plus or can be purchased separately on our website. The headrest which is an Australian requirement for young babies can also be removed to create more space above your toddlers head. Many Thanks the team at Bugaboo

Worst pram I have owned

Would not recommend buying this model. I had thought that would be an amazing pram with them being so popular. This is not true. They are difficult to sit up and down. Handle up and down, to turn back and forward, large in size when folded up. I should of researched more and bought the Fox if I was going to buy this brand. I have purchased Italian and Swedish prams and this one was very disappointing.

Purchased in June 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Rebekah R, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We always share all customer reviews with our design team and appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback. The Bugaboo team

very disappointed

Would not recommended if you have back issues the bassinet is so low to put and lift baby out of when I contacted bugaboo they said it was my problem and there was nothing they could do about it, honestly if I had the money I would go buy a different pram but I’m a single mother would paid off a two thousand dollar pram through a lay by and they can’t do anything about it

Very poor customer service it’s disgusting

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,800.00.

Suitable for RunningNo
Hi Jazaliyah, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact our customer service at service.au@bugaboo.com The Bugaboo teamHi I have sent emails and after getting no where with that I gave this review

MUST HAVE!

So easy to find replacement parts for, and so smooth on all types of terrain and just so easy to dismantle, I just love it, I definitely recommend to anyone!!

Purchased in April 2019 for $120.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jackie G. Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Love my Bugaboo Cameleon - Atelier Edition

My baby was lucky to be gifted the Bugaboo Cameleon Atelier by my parents before she was born (purchased at Baby Kingdom).

The pram is great quality and very sturdy. As a new born, my baby would nap in the bassinet around the house and loved her daily walks as she was always cozy. It is quite large and very comfortable. The steering and suspension is smooth. The only negatives are that the basket underneath is hard to get to and small. You can’t hang a bag from the handle bar and The leatherette handle is starting to peel as well which is very disappointing.

At 3 months, baby transitioned to the seat (she was getting bored laying down all the time) and she absolutely loves it! In this mode the negative is that the straps were in line with her ears as they are attached to the seat. She enjoys the 3 different reclining positions and loves facing me on her daily adventures (she’s 5.5 months now). I’m sure when she’s one she will love to face the world and this pram allows both parent facing and outward facing depending on what baby prefers (one of the reasons we were gifted this pram).

We are a very active family and this bugaboo does well on pathways, shopping centres and short grass when small wheels are at the front. However, in long grass and bumpy/rough terrain we ensure the large wheels are at the front but steering is not great, which is a bummer. Unfortunately the small wheels at the front are not good on rugged terrain.

In all, our daughter loves her Bugaboo Atelier pram. She gets very excited when we put her in it as she knows she’s off on her daily adventure. She looks comfortable and likes it when we attach a toy on the mid bar. We are very happy with the pram as it is safe and sturdy. We don’t mind that it is two parts when you have to put it into the boot. We use it more than once a day so you get used to it and very quick at putting it together and packing it up. It fits in our boot perfectly (Mazda Cx5).

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Kingdom Physical store.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Eliza2018, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Sorry to hear your handle bar is peeling, please contact us at service.au@bugaboo.com as you have a two year warranty on your pram ( please also send through your proof of purchase). We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Has something no one else has!

The pram isn't cheap, let's be honest here, but you do get what you pay for. I like that it comes with a bassinet and seat attachments and the build quality is very good. It is very easy to move and not too heavy. It does take up some room though in your car when using the bassinet.

The up and down side of it are from the same part....the brakes. This was actually a selling point for me. In all other prams, they have a foot brake. This one has a hand operated brake on the right side of the handle. It was a selling point and up side as in all other prams when holding the bar, it was impossible to see the foot brake without bending down to see it.

The down side to it. It is very tightly sprung. There is a release button and if you manage to press it in (although it takes some effort) it flicks back painfully on your hand. It is recommended you take the strain with your other hand and press the button to release it and move the lever back slowly. It is annoying that really i need to use two hands and it does seem that a simple engineering fix could solve this issue. Maybe turn the brake around, pull back to engage rather than push forward. Releasing the would go away from your hand rather than towards. Also, back off the tightness a bit. You can still lock the wheels without so much power.

Overall I would recommend but look for a sale. Accessories are also very expensive, for example, $50 for a cup holder! For a piece of plastic with no extra features, it should be closer to $5 if anything.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $1,119.20.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Harvey Wilson, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We appreciate your feedback about the brake and will make sure to pass this on to our design team. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Terrible in bassinet mode

Good lord I forgot how much I hate this pram! I’m using it again for my second child and the bassinet design is a massive pain in the bum and would have been a deal breaker had I known about it. You can not access the basket underneath once the bassinet is attached so no quickly grabbing your wallet or the change mat while out and about. You have to remove the bassinet to access your stuff. Ridiculous.
The two part fold is also super annoying now I have two kids. Farting around with the two part fold while juggling a baby & toddler in the rain is no fun.
I’m giving 2 stars for build quality and the fact it’s a nice ride but that bassinet is the reason I’m selling this on Gumtree as we speak.
New Mummas, don’t do it to yourself!

Purchased in December 2015 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $1,200.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Tash, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We have since updated the underseat basket, which now is much easier to access when using the bassinet or seat. The two piece fold allows for a much lighter transition into the car as well as more flexibility where it can fit., however we understand this is not for everyone. Thank you again, The Bugaboo teamI’m glad you have improved the basket. I’m sure this will help other Mums & Dads.

Could change a few things!

This pram is beautiful, especially considering you can change the colour of the canopy. My baby was comfortable in the bassinet, and has recently moved to the stroller. Besides the straps being a bit to high (they sit around her ears) she is quite comfortable in the stroller also.
Only downfall, hard to use the underseat basket with the bassinet.

Purchased in June 2018 at Baby Bunting for $1,459.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Ange, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We appreciate your feedback and as we are constantly developing our products we take all feedback into account. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Reliable Pram

You will need a decent boot to put this pram in, (I have a Disco 2 - fits snuggly with little room for much else) but safety wise, it has been reliable and sturdy.

I would’ve loved more storage area underneath the pram, however you can get a couple of bags of groceries in there.

There are three different seating settings/positions and my son liked the one in between sitting upright and laying down.

The bassinet is beautiful and my son slept happily in it.

Purchased in December 2014 for $1,500.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Winters, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We will also pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team

Don't do it to yourself!!!

I brought the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, thinking it was one of the best out there, but OMG what a nightmare of a pram!!! It takes up so much room to travel with! My husband has a dual cab landcruiser and I have a Rav4, so we don't have small cars, however we struggle to fit anything else in the car other then this bulky pram. Just to fold and unfold the bugaboo is pain full (when trying to fold up this pram in 42° heat in a shopping car park, with minimal room, plus try and fit a full trolley load of grocery in the car too is a nightmare and not to mention the screaming baby!!), you can't have anything lose in the bottem tray as it will all full out as you are folding it up! You need 2 hands for everything on this pram. I believe there are much better pram on the market for even a better price, unfortunately with this pram you are just paying for the name!! If I could give no stars I would!

Purchased in March 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kat, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

Not convinced of the strength, but love the accesories available for it.

I've always wanted a Bugaboo.. I've had sooooooooo many prams .. this is the last I'll ever buy since there will be no more kids and my girl is `18 months.
It took me a while to work it all out. I'm actually surprised that it is not more stable.. the handle feels flimsy, the basket is only attached with velcro.
But, I have just organised a Pink Canopy for it.. which is pretty exciting since I love pink soooo much!
Feel like this is a bit of a down grade from my reliable and sturdy strider.. we'll see how it goes.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $200.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Klubear, Thank you for sharing your review. Unfortunately with second hand prams we are not able to verify there condition, however Bugaboo prams are built to last. If you are concerned we recommend contacting a repair agent to make sure its in full working order. Baby second heaven 03 9769 2366 are based in Melbourne. Thank you again for taking the time to review our products. the team at Bugaboo