Bugaboo Cameleon

Bugaboo Cameleon

3rd Gen Plus, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen

Could change a few things!

This pram is beautiful, especially considering you can change the colour of the canopy. My baby was comfortable in the bassinet, and has recently moved to the stroller. Besides the straps being a bit to high (they sit around her ears) she is quite comfortable in the stroller also.
Only downfall, hard to use the underseat basket with the bassinet.

Purchased in June 2018 at Baby Bunting for $1,459.00.

Safety

Reliable Pram

You will need a decent boot to put this pram in, (I have a Disco 2 - fits snuggly with little room for much else) but safety wise, it has been reliable and sturdy.

I would’ve loved more storage area underneath the pram, however you can get a couple of bags of groceries in there.

There are three different seating settings/positions and my son liked the one in between sitting upright and laying down.

The bassinet is beautiful and my son slept happily in it.

Purchased in December 2014 for $1,500.00.

Safety
Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Winters, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We will also pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team

Nice pram

Reliable, efficient, not expensive, power saving good deals in almost every store. Would recommend for them who are using it wisely. I have been using it since last two years.

Purchased in May 2017.

Hi Shweta, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Don't do it to yourself!!!

I brought the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, thinking it was one of the best out there, but OMG what a nightmare of a pram!!! It takes up so much room to travel with! My husband has a dual cab landcruiser and I have a Rav4, so we don't have small cars, however we struggle to fit anything else in the car other then this bulky pram. Just to fold and unfold the bugaboo is pain full (when trying to fold up this pram in 42° heat in a shopping car park, with minimal room, plus try and fit a full trolley load of grocery in the car too is a nightmare and not to mention the screaming baby!!), you can't have anything lose in the bottem tray as it will all full out as you are folding it up! You need 2 hands for everything on this pram. I believe there are much better pram on the market for even a better price, unfortunately with this pram you are just paying for the name!! If I could give no stars I would!

Purchased in March 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kat, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

Not convinced of the strength, but love the accesories available for it.

I've always wanted a Bugaboo.. I've had sooooooooo many prams .. this is the last I'll ever buy since there will be no more kids and my girl is `18 months.
It took me a while to work it all out. I'm actually surprised that it is not more stable.. the handle feels flimsy, the basket is only attached with velcro.
But, I have just organised a Pink Canopy for it.. which is pretty exciting since I love pink soooo much!
Feel like this is a bit of a down grade from my reliable and sturdy strider.. we'll see how it goes.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $200.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Klubear, Thank you for sharing your review. Unfortunately with second hand prams we are not able to verify there condition, however Bugaboo prams are built to last. If you are concerned we recommend contacting a repair agent to make sure its in full working order. Baby second heaven 03 9769 2366 are based in Melbourne. Thank you again for taking the time to review our products. the team at Bugaboo

Seriously love this pram, can’t recommend enough!

Love how easy this pram is to fold down and fit into the car. Fairly good suspension. The bassist is adjustable and it looks super comfortable for baby. Very stylish too.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,000.00.

Hi Mich, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Love this pram!

I have the Bugaboo Cameleon Classic and absolutely love this pram! My little one is still in the bassinet, which is so handy as they can sleep when you’re on the go.
The pram looks great and the inside lining of the classic is lovely, always get lots of compliments.
It’s easy to push, has an excellent turning circle and the handle bar is extendable.

Cons for this pram are that it is bigger so not one I’d recommend for air travel. You also need a decent sized car boot!

I’ve also purchased the bugaboo wool bassinet liner to make it softer as I personally thought the seat was a bit too firm.

Hi Mich, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Wonderful Pram

This pram is amazing! I am 6ft and the handle adjusts quite high, so it is a good fit for tall people. It is really easy to steer. Once you know how it works it is all smooth sailing. I purchased mine from baby bunting and the sales assistant did a fantastic job of showing me how it all works. The handle is also very smooth and feels nice to push. It is a fairly large pram but we have a large car so this isn't an issue for us.

Hi Scrimpymummy , Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

So many flaws

Sadly I regret purchasing this expensive pram. It has so many flaws. Every function requires two hands - from adjusting the seat, accessing the basket and putting on the break. The seat is so low you can’t access the basket (which is small and awkwardly shaped) or see your bub while walking (When using the canopy). The breezy sun canopy is useless it lets so much sun in from all angles. It’s bulky and needs to be taken apart in two pieces. It only has 3 seat settings where as other prams have 5. The hand break requires two hands to release otherwise it will forcefully snap back against your nuckles/hand (very painful!!). Don’t waste your money.

Hi Elle-Syd, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

HATE IT!!!

Highly disappointed in my bugaboo Cameleon purchase!!! Bubs will not sleep in it cause her feet are raised up higher than her head in the lying down position, for the stroller attachment. It is the dumbest design and i would never recommend to anyone!! Really disappointed customer. The basket space underneath is hard to get to as well,

Hi Flick, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

The best pram on the market.

This pram is a dream to push even with unfavourable terrain. The suspension is so spongy it creates the most comfort for my daughter. The seat itself is so spacious for my daughter to grow into and she loves going in the pram. The best purchase I’ve ever made. The only negative I can think of with this product is the space it takes up when folded, however it still fits in our tiny corolla so isn’t that much of an issue.

Hi Nicole w, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Awesome pram

I Can't live without it. Im always getting compliments on it.i love versatile it is to set up at restaurants and weasel around tables n chairs although I'm very protective about it as its soo expensive! Wish It did not scuff on things but that's life. My baby loves it!

Hi Liss, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Not worth the price tag

Have used this pram for two years.
It is bulky and very heavy to lift for dismantling. Takes up lots of room when it’s packed up in the car. Suspension is great, great storage underneath takes heavy groceries well. Steering is great. Bassinet attachment is handy. Reclining toddler seat is great for sleep. Hood does not protect from sun barely at all and gets very hot.
I would not buy again, definitely not worth the money.

Hi Dank, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team

Was good but didn’t like basket

Was pretty good off road.
Suspension was good especially because you can change the suspension according the the babies weight.
Bub was always very comfortable in the pram
I did however get rid of it after only a few months as I did not like the basket I found it extremely hard to get shopping into

Hi Haycap, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo teamNo problem I have been in store and had a look at the new cameleon that has just been released and it is exactly what I wanted in the original cams. If I ever have another baby I know the new bugs will have exactly what I want

Perfect.

I love my pram! It’s so Good and convenient, would not swap prams for no one! Worth the money 100%, I’m excited to get a new one next time round, I love how you can buy parts separate makes replacing parts super easy and not to expensive which is good.

Hi Beccal, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Over rated?

It looked very good so I had to buy one. Everyone told me it was the best. I admit it’s a smooth ride, but it’s heavy, doesn’t fit in my car, the sun canalopy is useless. I had to buy another pram. I found the additional accessories were expensive, so I never bothered to buy them.

Hi Vickyness, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact our customer service at service.au@bugaboo.com The Bugaboo team

Lightweight, folds easily, fits anywhere.

I purchased this pram because it was one of the lightest prams and is compact and folds easily. When you have a screaming new born, the last thing you want to be doing is spending 15 minutes trying to put your pram in the boot.
The pram is easy to use and you can put it away very quickly with two steps. I took this pram with me to europe and my son ate in it when we were out and about. The pram got very dirty and i had to wash it twice, the quality of the material is great and everything came off, the pram looked brand new.

There are two things that are annoying about the pram and i hope that they fix it for future releases. The first one is that the pram doesn't lock when you fold it which means when you are getting it in or out of the car it goes all over the place unless you place your hand on the bottom and top folding bars. The seance is the bag that sits underneath. It feels like you can't get much in there and again when you fold to put in the car everything falls out because the bag doesn't sit upright. Someone at bugaboo please fix this.
Despite those couple of improvements needed everything else about the pram is 5/5. Its versatile reliable looks great and very durable.

Hi Stefana kay, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team 

Great Pram but not perfect

This pram is great, very study and durable. Baby enjoy sitting it there. It is a must, not to bulky. It is manageable when you out by yourselve and your baby. The wheel is very smooth in every condition. The downside is that the accessory are too expensive, like one cup holder is $40

Hi Candice, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as and we will pass this on to the appropriate team member at HQ. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The team at Bugaboo

We're glad we spent the extra money

We spent quite a bit of time investigating the right stroller before the birth of our son, travelling to baby stores across Sydney. We were initially settled on an iCandy or Stokke, but found flaws with both that we just couldn't live with. When we spent some time with the Bugaboo Chameleon 3, we both agreed that it offered the best balance of functionality, quality, style and safety of all the products we'd looked at.

While the Chameleon 3 is by no means perfect (more on that later), it's a real head turner. Let's face it. That's a big part of the decision to buy a Bugaboo over other brands. We bought a limited edition in navy with brown leather trim. Later, when we changed from the bassinet to the seat, we added a sky blue breezy sun canopy to break up the navy and now it's even better looking.

The stroller is not petite or light, but that means it's very sturdily constructed. It was immediately apparent that the product was built to last while I was putting it together. We also have the peace of mind that we're backed up by Bugaboo's excellent warranty and customer care.

In terms of features, there is not really much in the way of innovation, but for us that is secondary to practical requirements such as quality and safety. What it does, it does well. When the handle is reversed (so the larger wheels are at the front) it can handle surprisingly rough terrain. We wanted the flexibility of having a stroller that could handle urban and off the beaten track environments equally well. The lockable smaller wheels and adjustable suspension provide a greater degree of customisation to suit multiple applications and cater for a growing child.

But while the Chameleon 3 is fantastic, there are definitely some frustrations that could be address in a 4th gen. Unless you have strong hands, the brake system is not easy to manage one-handed. There is a real danger that it can very quickly snap back and wrap you on the knuckles. There must be an easier way to implement this while maintaining safety standards. Possibly with a squeeze trigger to release? The basket underneath the seat is very difficult to access and quickly becomes a source of annoyance when you need to quickly retrieve something to pacify a screaming toddler. It's also an awkward concave shape that limits what you can practically store under the pram. The sturdy construction comes with a trade off on weight making it a challenge to put it in the boot of a car with anything but an empty basket. We've also found that the cup holder is was very poorly constructed. The inside attachment that holds drink containers in place had very flimsy lugs locking it into the main component. These broke fairly early on and we were certainly not rough with the product.

Having lived with it for 2 and a half years now, we're very satisfied with the Bugaboo Chameleon 3. Despite the small flaws, it is a high-quality product that well and truly justifies the price premium over a cheaper product. We look forward to a few more years of happy use.

Hi ChrisOz, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The team at Bugaboo

Perfect for my bub

Easy to manoeuvre, has this heavy duty feel easy to fold ( so far using my isofix capsule with it or the bassinet as my bub is 4mo old only)
My bub loves it n has no complain.
Bought this item last boxing day from baby bunting on sale.. i can say worth our money

Does the cam2 bassinet fit on the cam3 pram frame?
Hi Anneka, Thank you for your inquiry, unfortunately the models are not interchangable. Please let us know if you have any further questions thanks, the team at Bugaboo

Hi there I have a bugaboo cameleon I’m wondering if I can purchase cameleon 3 parts (seat and canopy) if it will fit my frame. Not purchasing the fabric questioning if the seat will lock into the base frame. Cameleon 3 onto cameleon original. Kind regards Jacqui
Hi Jacqui, Thank you for your inquiry, the canopy of the Bugaboo Cameleon3 will fit the original Cameleon. You may need to order new canopy clamps as the original canopy was not extendable, but you will be able to see this when the Bugaboo Cameleon3 Canopy is fitted, unfortunately the seat frame is not compatible. Please let us know if you have any further questions the team at BugabooOkay that works for the canopy. Is there a replacement seat I can purchase for the original cameleon? Or seat fabric? I’ve just bought an original cameleon and the bassinet was in perfect condition and now we have moved onto the seat. The fabric is discoloured and buckles are quite hard I’ve already pinched my finger. I was hoping to upgrade the seat part. If I was to purchase the seat fabric would I have many more options? Thank you so much for you help so far. Many thanks Jacqui

Hello I have what the website identifies as Bugaboo Cameleon (2007 model). will the "Bugaboo Fox/Cameleon 3 and Cameleon 3 plus extendable sun canopy" fit on this model?
I’m not sure... Maybe check with Bugaboo? https://service.bugaboo.com/?lang=en_AUI just had that question asked above for me and yes it will fit but may need to purchase the clamps if you purchase The extendable version. Hope that helps :)

Cameleon 3rd Gen PlusCameleon 2nd GenCameleon 3rd GenCameleon 1st Gen
Price (RRP) $1,446.00
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 22 kg
Seat OrientationConvertible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Reversible Handle and Under-seat Storage
Weight9.6 kg
Folded Dimensions31 x 50 x 91 cm
Release dateDec 2012Jan 2011Dec 2012Jan 2006
Replaced byBugaboo Cameleon 3rd GenBugaboo Cameleon 3rd Gen PlusBugaboo Cameleon 2nd Gen

Download manual