Bugaboo Cameleon

Bugaboo Cameleon

3rd Gen Plus, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen

Don't do it to yourself!!!

I brought the Bugaboo Cameleon 3, thinking it was one of the best out there, but OMG what a nightmare of a pram!!! It takes up so much room to travel with! My husband has a dual cab landcruiser and I have a Rav4, so we don't have small cars, however we struggle to fit anything else in the car other then this bulky pram. Just to fold and unfold the bugaboo is pain full (when trying to fold up this pram in 42° heat in a shopping car park, with minimal room, plus try and fit a full trolley load of grocery in the car too is a nightmare and not to mention the screaming baby!!), you can't have anything lose in the bottem tray as it will all full out as you are folding it up! You need 2 hands for everything on this pram. I believe there are much better pram on the market for even a better price, unfortunately with this pram you are just paying for the name!! If I could give no stars I would!

Purchased .

Suitable for RunningNo
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage
Terrible

Not convinced of the strength, but love the accesories available for it.

I've always wanted a Bugaboo.. I've had sooooooooo many prams .. this is the last I'll ever buy since there will be no more kids and my girl is `18 months.
It took me a while to work it all out. I'm actually surprised that it is not more stable.. the handle feels flimsy, the basket is only attached with velcro.
But, I have just organised a Pink Canopy for it.. which is pretty exciting since I love pink soooo much!
Feel like this is a bit of a down grade from my reliable and sturdy strider.. we'll see how it goes.

Purchased at eBay for $200.00.

OK
Suitable for RunningNo
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
OK
Ease of Packing & Storage
Bad

Seriously love this pram, can’t recommend enough!

Love how easy this pram is to fold down and fit into the car. Fairly good suspension. The bassist is adjustable and it looks super comfortable for baby. Very stylish too.

Purchased for $1,000.00.

Good

Love this pram!

I have the Bugaboo Cameleon Classic and absolutely love this pram! My little one is still in the bassinet, which is so handy as they can sleep when you’re on the go.
The pram looks great and the inside lining of the classic is lovely, always get lots of compliments.
It’s easy to push, has an excellent turning circle and the handle bar is extendable.

Cons for this pram are that it is bigger so not one I’d recommend for air travel. You also need a decent sized car boot!

I’ve also purchased the bugaboo wool bassinet liner to make it softer as I personally thought the seat was a bit too firm.

Hi Mich, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Wonderful Pram

This pram is amazing! I am 6ft and the handle adjusts quite high, so it is a good fit for tall people. It is really easy to steer. Once you know how it works it is all smooth sailing. I purchased mine from baby bunting and the sales assistant did a fantastic job of showing me how it all works. The handle is also very smooth and feels nice to push. It is a fairly large pram but we have a large car so this isn't an issue for us.

Hi Scrimpymummy , Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

So many flaws

Sadly I regret purchasing this expensive pram. It has so many flaws. Every function requires two hands - from adjusting the seat, accessing the basket and putting on the break. The seat is so low you can’t access the basket (which is small and awkwardly shaped) or see your bub while walking (When using the canopy). The breezy sun canopy is useless it lets so much sun in from all angles. It’s bulky and needs to be taken apart in two pieces. It only has 3 seat settings where as other prams have 5. The hand break requires two hands to release otherwise it will forcefully snap back against your nuckles/hand (very painful!!). Don’t waste your money.

Hi Elle-Syd, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

HATE IT!!!

Highly disappointed in my bugaboo Cameleon purchase!!! Bubs will not sleep in it cause her feet are raised up higher than her head in the lying down position, for the stroller attachment. It is the dumbest design and i would never recommend to anyone!! Really disappointed customer. The basket space underneath is hard to get to as well,

Hi Flick, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We have passed your review onto our customer service team; please contact the team at service.au@bugaboo.com as we would really like the opportunity to resolve the issue/s you are experiencing. Thanks again for your feedback! The Bugaboo team

The best pram on the market.

This pram is a dream to push even with unfavourable terrain. The suspension is so spongy it creates the most comfort for my daughter. The seat itself is so spacious for my daughter to grow into and she loves going in the pram. The best purchase I’ve ever made. The only negative I can think of with this product is the space it takes up when folded, however it still fits in our tiny corolla so isn’t that much of an issue.

Hi Nicole w, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team Hi Nicole w, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)

Awesome pram

I Can't live without it. Im always getting compliments on it.i love versatile it is to set up at restaurants and weasel around tables n chairs although I'm very protective about it as its soo expensive! Wish It did not scuff on things but that's life. My baby loves it!

Hi Liss, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Not worth the price tag

Have used this pram for two years.
It is bulky and very heavy to lift for dismantling. Takes up lots of room when it’s packed up in the car. Suspension is great, great storage underneath takes heavy groceries well. Steering is great. Bassinet attachment is handy. Reclining toddler seat is great for sleep. Hood does not protect from sun barely at all and gets very hot.
I would not buy again, definitely not worth the money.

Hi Dank, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team

Was good but didn’t like basket

Was pretty good off road.
Suspension was good especially because you can change the suspension according the the babies weight.
Bub was always very comfortable in the pram
I did however get rid of it after only a few months as I did not like the basket I found it extremely hard to get shopping into

Hi Haycap, Thank you for sharing your review. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo teamNo problem I have been in store and had a look at the new cameleon that has just been released and it is exactly what I wanted in the original cams. If I ever have another baby I know the new bugs will have exactly what I want

Perfect.

I love my pram! It’s so Good and convenient, would not swap prams for no one! Worth the money 100%, I’m excited to get a new one next time round, I love how you can buy parts separate makes replacing parts super easy and not to expensive which is good.

Hi Beccal, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Over rated?

It looked very good so I had to buy one. Everyone told me it was the best. I admit it’s a smooth ride, but it’s heavy, doesn’t fit in my car, the sun canalopy is useless. I had to buy another pram. I found the additional accessories were expensive, so I never bothered to buy them.

Hi Vickyness, Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry to hear you have not had a positive experience with your Bugaboo pram. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact our customer service at service.au@bugaboo.com The Bugaboo team

Lightweight, folds easily, fits anywhere.

I purchased this pram because it was one of the lightest prams and is compact and folds easily. When you have a screaming new born, the last thing you want to be doing is spending 15 minutes trying to put your pram in the boot.
The pram is easy to use and you can put it away very quickly with two steps. I took this pram with me to europe and my son ate in it when we were out and about. The pram got very dirty and i had to wash it twice, the quality of the material is great and everything came off, the pram looked brand new.

There are two things that are annoying about the pram and i hope that they fix it for future releases. The first one is that the pram doesn't lock when you fold it which means when you are getting it in or out of the car it goes all over the place unless you place your hand on the bottom and top folding bars. The seance is the bag that sits underneath. It feels like you can't get much in there and again when you fold to put in the car everything falls out because the bag doesn't sit upright. Someone at bugaboo please fix this.
Despite those couple of improvements needed everything else about the pram is 5/5. Its versatile reliable looks great and very durable.

Hi Stefana kay, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. The Bugaboo team 

Great Pram but not perfect

This pram is great, very study and durable. Baby enjoy sitting it there. It is a must, not to bulky. It is manageable when you out by yourselve and your baby. The wheel is very smooth in every condition. The downside is that the accessory are too expensive, like one cup holder is $40

Hi Candice, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as and we will pass this on to the appropriate team member at HQ. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The team at Bugaboo

We're glad we spent the extra money

We spent quite a bit of time investigating the right stroller before the birth of our son, travelling to baby stores across Sydney. We were initially settled on an iCandy or Stokke, but found flaws with both that we just couldn't live with. When we spent some time with the Bugaboo Chameleon 3, we both agreed that it offered the best balance of functionality, quality, style and safety of all the products we'd looked at.

While the Chameleon 3 is by no means perfect (more on that later), it's a real head turner. Let's face it. That's a big part of the decision to buy a Bugaboo over other brands. We bought a limited edition in navy with brown leather trim. Later, when we changed from the bassinet to the seat, we added a sky blue breezy sun canopy to break up the navy and now it's even better looking.

The stroller is not petite or light, but that means it's very sturdily constructed. It was immediately apparent that the product was built to last while I was putting it together. We also have the peace of mind that we're backed up by Bugaboo's excellent warranty and customer care.

In terms of features, there is not really much in the way of innovation, but for us that is secondary to practical requirements such as quality and safety. What it does, it does well. When the handle is reversed (so the larger wheels are at the front) it can handle surprisingly rough terrain. We wanted the flexibility of having a stroller that could handle urban and off the beaten track environments equally well. The lockable smaller wheels and adjustable suspension provide a greater degree of customisation to suit multiple applications and cater for a growing child.

But while the Chameleon 3 is fantastic, there are definitely some frustrations that could be address in a 4th gen. Unless you have strong hands, the brake system is not easy to manage one-handed. There is a real danger that it can very quickly snap back and wrap you on the knuckles. There must be an easier way to implement this while maintaining safety standards. Possibly with a squeeze trigger to release? The basket underneath the seat is very difficult to access and quickly becomes a source of annoyance when you need to quickly retrieve something to pacify a screaming toddler. It's also an awkward concave shape that limits what you can practically store under the pram. The sturdy construction comes with a trade off on weight making it a challenge to put it in the boot of a car with anything but an empty basket. We've also found that the cup holder is was very poorly constructed. The inside attachment that holds drink containers in place had very flimsy lugs locking it into the main component. These broke fairly early on and we were certainly not rough with the product.

Having lived with it for 2 and a half years now, we're very satisfied with the Bugaboo Chameleon 3. Despite the small flaws, it is a high-quality product that well and truly justifies the price premium over a cheaper product. We look forward to a few more years of happy use.

Hi ChrisOz, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. Your feedback is really important to us as it helps improve our products. We will pass your feedback onto our design team at HQ as we are continually innovating, prototyping, testing and refining our prams and accessories. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The team at Bugaboo

Perfect for my bub

Easy to manoeuvre, has this heavy duty feel easy to fold ( so far using my isofix capsule with it or the bassinet as my bub is 4mo old only)
My bub loves it n has no complain.
Bought this item last boxing day from baby bunting on sale.. i can say worth our money

Stylish and easy to manouvre.

The bugaboo is a great pram. Its easy to open and close aswell as moving around in tight areas. I feel the only critisism I can give is the under basket could be a bit bigger. The colour choices are exceptional and the ability to switch from forward facing to rear facing is just what we needed.

Hi Angelat, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Good recommendation by babyshow we bought one

We just had our first child and before brith went to one of those expo shows and this stroller was demoed. Loads of bad reviews but we got it because it's a lot stronger than anything else and we do a lot of bumping about where we live and wanted to get this because it should last longer!

Hi Jasmine, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team 

Love it

Love my Bugaboo. Bought one during babyexpo in Sydney. It is very sturdy and easy to maneuver. A bit heavy for small frame person like me but still manageable. Everything is perfect except that it would be a bit hard to bring it around if travelling overseas/ on a crowded train.

Hi Natasha, Thank you for sharing your review, nothing gives us a kick like hearing you’ve had a great experience with your Bugaboo Cameleon3. We believe in an easier stroll, an effortless turn, a freer sprint. Where you can move without anything holding you back and get from A to B and all the other letters in the alphabet, at your own pace, in your own time. Free to move wherever you want to with your Bugaboo. The Bugaboo team :)