Bunnings Warehouse

Bunnings Warehouse

2.3 from 1,459 reviews

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Price guarantee...do your homework

Front up, I love Bunnings, because I do multiple projects and they have good general stock, and I don't mind wandering around and I don't ask for advice.
If you are going to buy anything brand name from Bunnings, do your online research and find it cheaper and available and most of the time you can do pretty good with their beat it by 10% policy, which I enjoy as sport.
I will say however, that in EVERY case, my bringing to their attention a cheaper price looks to have fallen on deaf ears because they did not reduce the marked price to the general public we are talking significant amounts (50%, sometimes). So I'm suspicious that they are not really that serious about having the cheapest prices everyday, but I do appreciate that overall the price of hardware generally over the years and availability in Australia has gotten infinity better for average people like me and Bunnings is near solely responsible for this

Store LocationShellharbour

Tradies don't like Bunnings

As a tradesperson I find if and when I have no alternative but to use Bunnings I always have difficulties with the staff. They are useless with no information whatsoever on the products as where items are kept and most are very lazy. The other thing I have noticed is there are very few men working in any of and only seem to employ Caucasian so much for equality & diversity.

Store LocationPenrith

Very Annoyed.

I took collection of a timber venetian blind yesterday and started to install it today in my kitchen. Somewhat disgruntled, I thought I was getting a timber blind that looked like timber but it was painted a grim cream colour.

Started to install the blind this afternoon after watching the Bunnings installation film on line. Two of the four screw broke off at the head as I had finished - so both screw ends were buried in the wall but not attached to the metal attachment.....so I have to try some other way. Suggest anyone else trying this should use their own screws. Bunnings obviously is not interested the quality of some of their products.
B Dawkins

Store LocationFeilding

Customer service

Visited Bunnings Capalaba today to order a part for my pressure washer and was so happy for the service that was offered by Heather in trade tools. She went out of her way to assist me. I believe she is a credit to the Bunnings team. Thanks again Heather.

Store LocationCapalaba Queensland

Always a pleasure

I am a very frequent Bunnings customer, both for work (as a builder) as well as for home DIY projects. Every Bunnings trip i make (sometimes multiple trips in one day) are always a pleasure. Granted, I know where to find almost all the items I frequently purchase and can navigate the store with ease; but if I have any questions in regards to products available, location of items or even product alternatives, the staff members I ask are always so knowledgeable as well as helpful. At my local store the staff know me well, as a regular customer, and are always so very welcoming, smiley and friendly when I visit. Thank you for your incredible customer service Bunnings. Well done & Keep it up! :)

Store LocationLidcombe

Never go back always let down

Terrible service airlie beach no stock want payment upfront for items on website that aint available then they tell u 3 weeks wait haha get stuffed buy elsewhere 1 star stuff unhelpful like your just a pain in the backside to them ....good bye never go back

Store LocationAirlie beach

BURLEIGH HEADS (GOLD COAST) BUNNINGS

I had THE BEST customer service experience of all time last week by Ryan (Leisure Goods) at Burleigh Heads Bunnings. I've had some 'not so good' experiences at Bunnings at Ashmore/Southport, but Ryan was exceptional. He took so much time on the phone, as I rang first of all because I live a fair way away and was after at least 5 different things from the Leisure department. He went and searched for these items for me and then put them aside and I drove down that afternoon. I have had 2 spinal surgeries. I can't lift/hold really heavy things as I now have a lot of metal holding my lower spine together. Ryan had put them all aside, helped open them up & show me, he even offered to drive to another Bunnings a fair way away in his own time on his way to or from work at Burleigh try and get me a beach umbrella in the colour and style I wanted. I was so impressed with Ryan, that I phoned the store manager when I got home. I told the manager what had happened. Ryan had worked there for 5 years. I told the manager he needed a promotion. The manager's customer service attitude was also excellent. Well done Burleigh Heads Bunnings. Ryan took me items to the car for me. The check out lady was also very helpful and polite. It was worth the half hour drive to that particular store. I'll be back as a regular customer. Thanks for being so thoughtful!

Drop 2GB: I've dropped you till you do

Your advertising on 2GB has cost you my custom. Your continued support of this unethical misogynist speaks ill of your corporate culture and is a negative for your corporate image. No more Bunnings for me until there is no more 2GB for you.

No to Bunnings!

I will no longer shop at Bunnings whilst they continue to advertise/sponsor Alan Jones on 2GB. Mr Jones is a vile, mysoginistic, hate-spreading fear monger. Neither he nor his employer seem to have any moral compass, I’m hoping that Bunnings find theirs and disassociates themselves with this person. Until then, NO MORE BUNNINGS.

I/N: 3090166 - Hy-Clor Leaf Shovel - Don't waste your money!!!

Recently bought the the Hy-Clor Leaf Shovel (I/N: 3090166) for $23.95 as my Aldi leaf rake/scoop finally gave up after 5 years - Don't waste your money on the Hy-Clor Leaf Shovel!!! It does not shovel up leaves from your pool. It is only good for scooping off the top of the pool...not the bottom. I've tried using it and it's simply driving me insane!!!

I can't take it back because it's scratched up from attempting to get leaves out of the pool. :-(
I'm going back to Aldi for my $10 leaf rake that worked a treat

Store LocationOxenford

Bunnings, where lowest prices are in the past!

I shop at Bunnings all the time and use to love their prices, as most things were cheaper than anywhere else. For several years now tho they are just getting more and more expensive on nearly everything I see. Take for example a 25mm PVC Tee, my local bunnings sells these for $2.60 each, where as i got the same item from a local irrigation shop for $0.85 each. Now you would think with the buying power that bunnings has they would be able to do a more realistic price. This was just an example and the same can be said for so many items. Bunnings has a fantastic range of items but unfortunately more and more often I have to source elsewhere as they are just becoming too expensive, and this saddens me. Maybe they need to change their slogan to say "Lowest prices were the beginning, but not any more!"

Store LocationMaitland

Bunnings just a warehouse

Went to Bunnings SA mile end to buy some landscape lights which said online were in stock. Asked a storeperson where they were and after spending a good 20min they couldn't find them so I left. Came back three days later thinking surely these lights have been found and placed in store. Again asked a storeperson and they spent a good half hour looking for but no luck so said I should go to information desk. So I went to desk and a rather abrubt and unhelpful storeperson told me that they can't locate l; apparently even if it says item is in stock it can still be on truck from Melbourne and that I cannot simply leave my details and have someone call me when they locate them as Bunnings "is just a WAREHOUSE"!!. I would need to go to special orders to place an order for this item which is general stock...by this time just felt like a waste of my time and storepersons time and other customers and said so. My eyes have been opened! Bunnings is just a warehouse...I'm going to stick to my local true value hardware store from now on!

Store LocationMile end

AEG hammer drill.

Picked up a new AEG cordless hammer drill today from Bunnings I already own the same brand non hammer drill so had no hesitation in staying with this brand as it has given great service, tempted by some cheaper brands but get great battery life and reliability so why risk it? The service from the in-store staff was very good and knowledge of products was very helpful as is their return policy on faulty products if required.

Store LocationBurnie Tasmania.

Bunnings Kingaroy just lost a trade account

Went there mid morning, plenty of people around and only 1 check out open with a long queue. Spent a few hundred dollars there and only saved $1.48 using my power pass trade account. Also purchased 2 $60 terracotta pots, which had a huge crack in it that I only noticed on loading. Went back to return or exchange and was refused saying I damaged it (I don't understand that logic). Wrapped it in padding in hopes it might be salvaged, by the time I got to the yard it had split.
Notice a crack forming in the 2nd pot along the seam.
As you can see from the photos the crack is along the seam which appears to be glues together, poor quality product which is faulty yet bunnings hold the customer responsible for this otherwise its lose of revenue.
Waste of money and cheap manufacturing process lead to poor quality products sold by Bunnings and no customer service. I'll take my business elsewhere and continue to buy trade supplies outside the area again.

Store LocationKingaroy

Kitchen Department staff

I recently renovated my kitchen. The staff were so helpful in the design and understood what I was wanting to achieve. They had someone come to my home to do all the measurement and were very friendly and had great suggestions I would not have thought of. The price was very reasonable in comparison to other kitchen specialists.

Store LocationMentone Victoria

Need to address customers need to find products

Ok Bunnings you might have a lot of products but where do I find what I want? Spend minutes being ignored by the staff at various counters that I have to walk to out of the area of the item I am after. Or be told someone will meet me in the area I expect only to find someone else naps the service person before they get to me Aargh! I want a service area or bell every two rows to meet someone from the area who know the stock.

Store LocationColonnades and Marion

Home Security

I live alone so I felt that I needed to have some outside security incase anytime I am sick and need someone to enter my place to help me and my door is locked and I can't open it so I went to Bunnings and purchased a keysafe that is secured to the wall and comes with a lockpad to get access to the keys/s that are in there. I got it attach to the wall near my front door and set the 4 digit code to open the box then recently I had to move out of my place to have some tradies come in and reno my bathroom and that keysafe was perfect for them to have access and also gave me comfort that my place would still be safe when they left each time as the key would be back in the safe for the next day and the code scrambled. When the work was done and I returned to the property all I had to do was reset a new code and all security was back for me. The keysafe are so safe and sturdy and very reasonably price at $49.95. Well worth the outlay.

Store LocationBunnings

Used self checkout and got detained for 2 hours, accused of stealing and banned for life from all Bunnings stores

I’ve just had the most horrific experience using the Bunnings self checkout, been detained by their security for 2 hours and finished up being banned for life from all Bunnings.

I was buying tiling materials for my first ever bathroom reno and after scanning my first tile pack at the self checkout the terminal went red. The assistant came over and when she saw how much I had on my two trolleys worth of tiling materials she said she would put in the quantities so that she wouldn’t have to keep coming over. I let her control the terminal whilst I double checked the number of items in the trolley — just like I’ve done before at the regular checkouts.

When it came time to pay I scanned in my PowerPass card and did this wrong as the terminal again went red. The attendant came back over and did something to fix it. I felt a little embarrassed and hit the Power Pass option correctly this time and then paid by Eftpos using tap and pin.

I've then entered in my phone number to get a receipt as prompted. I briefly checked the bottom of the physical receipt to see how much money the PowerPass saved me. I had Gerry with me to help push the 2nd trolley he made the comment that I didn't really save much. I figured the prices are already pretty low anyway and didn't bother to check the rest of the receipt as I’d already had the attendant key in the quantities.

Once I get to the exit I waited in line to have my receipt checked and as Gerry. Another attendant checks the receipt I’m told by a security guard I have too many items. I thought he meant the receipt didn’t match because Gerry had the other trolley. I quickly learned this wasn’t the case as once I realised there was an error I said I would happily correct the error by paying the difference.

The security guards refused to let me do this and then paraded us around Bunnings with two very heavy trolleys before holding us in the Managers office for 2 hours and threatening to call the police. When the manager arrived he was not any more empathetic to our situation and immediately assumed that I had adjusted the quantities and committed theft.

The manager and security guards were repeating the same phrase over and over again that they were doing us a "favour" in having both of us banned for 3 months. This felt very intimidating and I felt quite scared for Gerry who needs to visit Bunnings for his work. It was either this or they would call the police and have me arrested for theft and forever have a criminal record. Every time I tried to explain what had happened they would cut me off with the same phrase.

At one point they even boasted how just earlier that day they had caught an elderly gentleman and had him arrested. They said the elderly gentleman also claimed it was a mistake and didn't really know what was happening and yet they still had the police take him away. It was as if to say that if this is what happened to an old person imagine what we'll do to you.

Being locked in this room now for so long and being threatened with a ban from all Bunnings for myself and for Gerry who needs this for work I had nothing left to do but to call the police myself. When I spoke with the Constable he said I had not committed theft and should be able to just to just pay the difference. The manager then had the security guards call the same police and they weren’t satisfied with this answer.

It’s as though they were determined to say we were guilty of theft. And how did we even get into this situation. Every part of my experience at Bunnings that day was on the stores part — their machine, their process and procedure, their cashier, their security. I barely touched the machine and they just assumed we were the worlds dumbest criminals trying to take off with 2 trolleys worth of tiles. Tiles that I was finally allowed to pay for in full only after being banned for life from setting foot in a Bunnings store.

Store LocationCroydon

Thank you Bunnings for helping out during my stressful moving house period. Special mention goes to Dom and Andrew, (Bunnings Newstead) in the paint area! He’s very knowledgeable and professional. Thank you again Andrew.

Store LocationNewstead

Being ignored

Waiting at the paint counter for my paint that had been stirred the male didn't give me my paint so I had to get another person to get it for me

Store LocationGladstone 4680