Bupa Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (19)
    • 2-4 weeks (17)
    • 1-2 months (15)
    • 3+ months (19)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (56) · No (56)

OllieM
OllieMSydney, NSW

Customer Service Hopeless & impossible to get help

Such an awful experience. Impossible to get through to someone on the phone. I was on hold for 90 minutes. You'd think they would employ more staff in customer service, in order to retain customers. Their customer service agent lied to me about my policy. I checked my emails & her information was incorrect. Not to be trusted. Due to long waiting times, I will now cancel my membership and go to another provider. I will also lodge a formal complaint with the regulatory authority. Also, a rip-off compared to HCF.

Dale D.BupaSend a private message
ddee8871
ddee8871Sydney, NSW

THE WORST HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY EVER

Policy was seriously worst value. Just getting through to speak to an operator takes hours and when you eventually do the customer service people are rude, careless, and shut the phone in customers faces. You can’t get any questions answered ever. Nightmare of an insurance company!! I would’ve rated zero if I could.

Dale D.BupaSend a private message
Stefanie B.
Stefanie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service and poor value for money

Have been with bupa for almost 10 years. Terrible customer service, told multiple different things depending who speak to and very poor value for money in comparison to other funds.

Simo
SimoSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

Had to wait almost 24 hours for a chat reply on Whatsapp. Then was told I was being transferred to another agent and had to wait all over again. Don't they realise that a small investment in customer service can greatly enhance the customer experience ?? DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE PROVIDER

Useful reviews
Useful reviews

BUPA pregnancy cover is a joke!

Kara Kelly
Kara KellyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outstanding Service !

We recently made some claims at your Marion office and received the most outstanding service from Coutney. She majorly helped us improve our health care plan and gave excellent advice on how to best utilise our cover. Immense thanks from Kara and James Maclean.

Gracia G
Gracia GAU

Scam insurance company

I wont and never recommend bupa to anyone that i know! I need a hospital lost that can cover IVf 100% guess what, after i asked about genea things they only reply me with link of website where i can only check the policy! Wth!! After 2months be member i just choose to say goodbye. Paid for top75 extras and gold hospital cover each month $300 for crap services, no way!!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Melissa B.
Melissa B.South East Queensland, QLD

If I could give lower rating I would

I have been a member since 2014. Enquired today about increasing my hospital cover to cover weight loss surgery. Not only did it take them OVER 6 HOURS TO GET BACK TO ME - which is so utterly unacceptable for any company, let alone a member-based organisation - but I was then told I would have to serve a 12 month waiting period because it’s considered a pre-existing condition. I get it if you’re a new customer but I’ve been with you for 8 years! Surely they could make exceptions for existing customers? So…I can switch companies, get the same cover with the same waiting period…so why would I stay?

Caitlin MSouth East Queensland, QLD

MBF was amazing, BUPA is a company that doesn’t want to help you

Mrs.W
Mrs.WQLD

Dont waste your time

Waited 30mins to see a customer service in store for a simple tax receipt that you cant access from the website. Written multiple times to customer enquiry and never received any answer. Been with BUPA for more than 10 years but standards are dropping. Will be looking to make switch as soon as possible.

Rebecca Rein
Rebecca ReinPerth, WA

International visitors and students- Beware

Have been a member since 2020. Had an acute emergency, needed to go to Emergency. Called the helpline to ask if it’s covered . All lines closed on Sundays. Called the emergency reception for students . Sarcastic, was told he doesn’t if it will be covered , can’t help and hung the phone up . Students look else where . People get sick on the weekends too . Not only during weekdays. Very rude . Is there a Zero rating ?

Sam V.BupaSend a private message

There are no words to say how exhausting this company is to deal with - Buyers beware buyer RUN

No one calls back when my policy lapsed whilst I moved in with my mother after she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I called them at least 6-8 times and they promised to get back to us. That was December 2021. I have no health cover and due to their incompetence we now have to qualify for pre existing complaints and extend the loading. I'm just disgusted and distressed.

Find out how Bupa Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Don't even care about long serving customers

I ordered a new sleep apnea machine as I have been diagnosed. I upped my membership to cover it which would take 12 months to set in.

I accidentally thought my waiting period was completed and lodged my claim for the machine and received a reply saying "no, we will not process this as you are early on your waiting period by 1 month"...

This is after being a member with bupa for over 9 years, barely making use of my insurance claims and then I get hit with this all because I was a month early.

So they will take my money without question but if I am looking to get $500 from a machine that costs over $1500 I'm the bad person.

I think I will be going with a new insurance after this

Dylan
Dylan
Avril67
Avril67Sydney, NSW

Scam Scam Scam Scam

I got this insurance for my mum and sister, been paying it, now my mum got hospitalized, theres some test needed to be paid, they only paid 2 small $ test. Thats it. its so hard to claim and they are asking too many paper works even all the paper works i know its enough to prove that my mom been hospitalized, as if its thousand dollars, they asked you so much paper works for you to stess and impossible to claim. Scam this needs to be reported to authority ACA CHANNEL. People needs help to stop this scam company. Im cancelling my mum and my sisters insurance!!!!!! BEWARE GUYS.

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't be bothered with my power of attorney.

My mother had to go into aged care. The house has been sold and Bupa with not do anything about the power of attorney being sent to them. The house has been sold and they refuse to change the address for the billing therefore the bill will not be paid and probably cancel the policy. The government needs to look into this company and shut it down. The operator blames the legal team who refuses to authorize a legal document. Apparently to cut bad reviews you have to answer questions about your policy. This can not be done as they won't accept my Power of attorney.

Nawaraj S.
Nawaraj S.asked

I have used 3 outpatient services from Royal Womens hospital. All three were at same place and same service. For 1st invoice i was paid one amount and for the othe two i was paid half of the amount that was paid earlier. Why does this happen? I have visited the Bupa centre couple of times but didnot get any information on it. What shall i do?

Amelia C.BupaSend a private message
Paul D.asked

I have attempted THREE times to talk with someone this afternoon. Each time after a wait the line just cuts out. I need to speak to someone over yet another pavement that has been unsuccessfully taken from my account. The payment sate was June 11. PLEASE ring [Number Removed]. Please acknowledge.

Seriously?
I’ve had no response to my request.

Neb-Maat-Reasked

A question for BUPA:

Why can't I escalate a call to someone higher than the call centre operative? The only possible reason would be that you don't want to answer questions from long standing loyal clients!

And, no - I will not contact you on Facebook. That's just another way to pretend you are doing something when you aren't. I want to speak with someone - and sooner than 9 business days!

Ryan K.BupaSend a private message

Hint for other members:

Contact the Ombudsman. BUPA are then required to respond in 3 days rather than the 9 days they quote.

See all Bupa Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance