Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance

Geki

GekiGold Coast

Don't respond to claims

Have been with Bupa for over a decade. Pay nearly 4 thousand for hospital cover for two of us! Currently have a complaint in regarding miscommunication and failure to pay a claim. Rarely claim anything ever. I have spent over three hours in phone queues and writing up emails that simply don"t respond to our needs. Very hard to understand the operators when you call them. They keep you waiting ages on the phone to tell you nothing. Extremely disappointed with the absolute lack of customer service and non-existent customer complaints system. Told they will get back in 3 days and in two weeks still not a call. Choose your private health provider carefully.

Claim ApprovedNo

Very bad service never give claim

We pay money for claim. It's very hard to get refund on time and make claim.useless health insurance. If you have Bupa insurance you need to pay twice, one for insurance and another for health service. Totally disappointed service. Don't want to give one star rating. Worthless

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Sarah W.

Sarah W.Sydney, NSW

Frustrated Customer

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

Cheated customer

Cheated customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NO STARS - I had to give one because zero is not an option

Bupa cancelled my membership due to an internal error on their side. Kept money, so deactivated account has a credit. 19 years a member! No apology or offer to compensate. Disappointed is and understatement.

Coverage TypeFamily
Ati

AtiSydney, NSW

Making claim

Poor service, I am on the phone for more than 2 and half hours now. After talking two consultant and they could not assist me to make my claim, still waiting to talk to someone. The estimate time of waiting was 24 min to 38 min, after two hours no luck. so upset. :(

Claim MadeNo

I wish there was a 0 in the rating that I could have put.

Terrible customer service. Stone cold people over the phone.
Staff keep transferring to other department without trying to understand or how to fix a simple matter as extending 1.5 months of OSHC .

Courtney

Courtney

Customer Service no where to be seen

After firstly being told I wasn't covered for my hospital procedure, (when I have GOLD HOSPITAL complete cover), I again submitted a claim, 18 business days later I finally got an e-mail from them saying the delay in their response is because I haven't provided them what I asked for. I provided them proof of when & what I supplied 18 business days earlier which is excatly what they were asking for again. What a joke of a company. STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE NOW. Every time I try and claim there is ALWAYS an issue.

Terrible service, no trust

- Hotline number busy and hang you up
- Don't answer email timely
- Hospital with direct-billing not accurate
- Asking a lot of documents and pre-approval to claim refund
- Can't connect to my BUPA account because their system does not have accurate information and refuse me to register

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim DateMarch 2020
Eddie K

Eddie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Coronovirus price hike review

Just joined Bupa in December 2019 and now in March 2020 they announce a price hike. Right in the middle of a pandemic when you can't go out and use any of their services anyway. They should be reducing the premiums during this crisis.
Update - It's good they're suspending the price hike now for 6 months.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Worst Service

Twice I've tried to phone and cancel my daughters policy which was only purchased for a school trip. Firstly they question you as to why you are cancelling the policy as if you have no right to, then they leave you on hold for a long period, then someone answers, finds out that you want to cancel and tells you you've been put through to wrong area and transfers your call, once again you are put on hold. After 30 minutes today on my 2nd attempt to cancel I hung up and am going to try paper cancellation form with snail mail!

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only

Not Trust Worthy, No Procedures and System

BUPA though offers Auto debit service, it is completely not trust worthy, they take more money through auto debit for months together. I took more money from than what is due. When I escalated the issue, they said BUPA don't have proper systems and procedures in place that's why this happens and they can't do anything for it.

Angel

AngelAdelaide

Bad customer service

Frank P

Frank PAU

Worst experience

Tried to ring 134135 to get to customer care 4 times on Thursday 5 March, tried again 3 times on 6 March but they hang up on me on every phone call I made. Left my contact number at one of Bupa outlets to return my call to no avail. Worst customer service I ever encountered.

JFo

JFoBendigo, Victoria

Customer service seems to have declined but still very good

I’m very happy with BUPA. Their customer service staff are usually good. I’ve had a few bad experiences with staff who clearly didn’t know the policy well, but overall I’m very satisfied and not looking to switch. Very expensive but you get what you pay for.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Emily Y.

Emily Y.Peel, WA

Is there 0 Star?

The worst health care provider you don't want to get in Australia. We received the call from Bupa while driving. Call back and waited for at least 10-15 minutes. Transferred from one operator to another. Eventually got told did not know who called us. The guy eventually just hung up the phone without saying anything. All he said is "is there anything we can help you?" ?!

Steven T

Steven TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Impossible to contact

I've been trying to cancel my policy for the past hour but got disconnected 3 times after waiting for 20 minutes each time. The last time I chose the option to record a message to get a call back, but while giving my phone number the line got disconnected again mid sentence.

-0 stars ! Disgusting ! Heavily pregnant no respect or care for customers

Paul

Paul

They are like a United States Health Fund

Terrible with Claims

I called Bupa before going to the hospital and asked what forms I would need. After leaving hospital Bupa kept requesting for more and more information from my hospitalization and made me pay even more money to get my own records from the hospital. Every time I would call to ask what documents I needed a person would tell me I would need a different document than the last. They made the process of filing for a simple visit to the hospital much more difficult than it needs to be. I shudder to think if I had a more complicated hospitalization what hoops they would put me through to try to get a claim back. It has been three months and still they have not approved my claim.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Karolina

KarolinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lack of care

Lack of respect for the customer, lack of commitment, lack of communication, invoices not settled in half a year, misinformation and sending back, no communication with a hospital. Each Time i am Talking to a different person whom doesnt have a clue about a case. Several bill from hospital has not been claimed So hospital put a case to a debt collectors. Each call is a different information. Bill for hospital admision suppose to be paid in 100% it hasnt. Bupa has several different explanation why. Within six months I was asked to scan and resend bills seven Times. My policy was not a good value. My claims has not been resolve since a half of year i am with this insurance company for 4 years. No one took a care about my case properly

Coverage TypeFamily Extension