Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance

Health Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of health insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.5

CMA S.Hobart, TAS

Terrible and Untrained Staff, highly unprofessional

Suggested me a wrong product. Went to BUPA Hobart Branch, the staff accepted the mistake but unable to provide the solution. Even the staffs are not well trained. It took her 30 minutes to understand the issue. Suggested me to call the relationship team. I called the relationship team and she said you have been offered a right product. I asked for a letter and she promised to provide the same but have not got anything. Really terrible. No one should have it, just a waste of money.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Trace

TraceDarwin, NT

28 by Sam Wood - Brilliant - Great workouts and delicious recipes!

28 by Sam Wood 3 month free subscription by Bupa was a fantastic offer.
Great workout options and delicious recipes.
Very happy to have discovered the program.
Thanks Bupa and Thanks Sam!!!

Jordan B.Bupa

Unprofessional, poor service and money minded firm

Any student reading this review don’t get their services, you would be in big trouble and they won’t help you
So it’s better to be safe than sorry
First and last time with bupa i will change my cover with better insurer

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Absolutely adore bupa.

I just adore bupa, it keeps me upright and alive ,I am very pleased with the introduction to Sam and his exercises that have helped me a lot in maintaining my ability to keep moving freely.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Dan F.South East Queensland, QLD

Bupa continue to withdraw money without approval

I paid up front for 6months of cover and Bupa continue to withdraw the fortnightly payments. I have complained twice and they have refunded the money. However they have just done it again for the third time.

I tried removing my credit card from Bupa, but it will not let you. It only lets you add payment methods so good luck trying to stop them stealing money.

Dan F.

I received an email from your support who advised the previous consultants did the incorrect process and they will receive coaching so it doesn't happen in the future. We'll see...

Dan F.

It looks like it doesnt matter, we are leaving Bupa now and going back to AHM. We should not have left.

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Terrible provider! Zero professionalism !!

Jordan B.Bupa

LifeLonf Member, Still have no authority over my account!

- The policy may be good value!?
- Haven not had to lodge a major claim, we use optical and occasionally physio.
My main problem is their communication. As they are offering others 'freebies' lifelong paying members are getting calls (that I requested) asking to speak to my mother-in-law (who was not trying to make contact regarding her policy). Also after multiple requests and attempts over the 15+ years to gain 'authority' with the account, I still have to have my husband's verbal consent to do anything (which I was not even trying to do), although they were happy to take the payment from me).

Lauren
Lauren
Madeleine

MadeleineSydney, NSW

Member since 2016: Great Product and Customer Support

Consistently impressed by Bupa Home and Travel insurance. Great set up, very user friendly, great value. I have been a member with Bupa since 2016 and continue to receive quality cover and customer support. I travelled to France in 2018 and have received support with in their Travel and ongoing Home insurance options. They have been very supportive and understanding through out the complicated iso situation. As a long term customer I feel well taken care of. Glad to be with Bupa during these times.

Claim DateFebruary 2018
A White

A WhiteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BUPA & 28 by Sam Wood

I have been with BUPA for about 7 years. The offer to join 28 by Sam Wood for three months free is one of the most innovative thing I've seen offered by any health insurance provider. I took up the offer and have thoroughly enjoyed the program. Its helped with both my physical and mental well being during the crazy time of COVID19 lockdown. Thanks BUPA for the introduction its been so worthwhile!!

Chloe

ChloeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great private insurance provider

Have used Bupa for over 10 years with no issues, have been able to increase and decrease my cover to hit of circumstances easily, online claiming has made payment processing much easier too

Augusto A.

Augusto A.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible refund politics

I spent $417 in a consultation and received just $117 refund. The way they refund is not clear and not fair. They do it in such a way to benefit themselves.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020

PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sneaky change in product, find out now not covered

Kate

Kate

Love the Sam Wood 28 BUPA promotion

It has been really great to get 3 months free! I have been really happy with my BUPA cover and the Sam Wood 28 program is a fantastic home workout exercise program. The workouts are effective, simple to follow and they are over before you know it! I have been enjoying the workouts and would consider continuing with the program if a member discount could be offered? Perhaps a cheaper 6 or 12 month option?

Claim DateJuly 2020
Ingela

IngelaMurray Region, NSW

Good product and cover.

Very happy with Bupa, only changed to Bupa last year. Very easy to change over. Have used my hospital cover twice last year with no issues, and great to have access to the Sam 28 during the Covid iso.

Claim DateNovember 2019

Zero star

I would give zero star if it has the option. Customer service was worst. Claim return time took almost 1 month. I paid $1200 in hospital and got $200 return. I am paying around $225 every month. I wouldn't recommend any of my friend to go with bupa insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2020

Mary-Ann H.

Mary-Ann H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loved the Sam Wood program

I don't think I utilise my extras enough so I was happy to see the Sam Wood program offer. I don't have an issue with claims and I've been with Bupa for 8 years.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
sylvia Taylor

sylvia TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved the Sam Woods28 promotion

I think the policy is good value, I feel it is one of the more expensive policies. I took up the Sam Woods 28 free 3 month membership & will be continuing with this as it is fantastic, and I have lost nearly 8kg! A reduced membership price through Bupa would be awesome, keeping us fitter will keep us healthier...win win!!

Danie M.

Danie M.Murray Region, NSW

I think there no different to any other private health service

Private health is cashing in on covid 19 at the moment. I havent used the service for over 6 mths and im paying for top cover and i feel that im not getting a lot for it

Vivienne B.

Vivienne B.South East Queensland, QLD

Really enjoyed the Sam Wood program

The Sam Wood program was really user friendly and easy to set up. I thought it was only for 28 days and didn't continue.
My last claim on Bupa extras for a dental procedure was easy through the Dentist
Approximately 11 years

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2018
Andrea P.

Andrea P.North Queensland, QLD

Fantastic!!

Wonderful program full of support and easy to follow workouts. Love that it can all be done at home for people with busy schedules and who may be apprehensive about working out at a gym.
Would love if this product could be part of Bupa in the long term, even a discount for being a bios member.

rumj

rumjasked

2 years no claims. Visit doctor, card doesn’t work. Called phone help. On hold for 15 minutes. The agent picked up, and while talking said “can’t hear” and cut me off! Had to call back, wait again and this time Agent said (quite incorrectly) I hadn’t paid. Had paid on time before the deadline. She said we need to pay 3 days ahead at least.

bebe26
bebe26

That's typical of Bupa. I am now trying to move my son's cover out of Bupa

Good afternoon, Rumj.

It sounds like it’s been a bit of a bumpy ride, so I’m keen to run through everything with you, and send feedback about your experience to the right teams. To get the ball rolling, please shoot me a private message on Facebook (http://m.me/BupaAustralia) with your membership number, full name and date of birth. From there, I’ll be able to give you a hand.

Hope to speak soon,
Viv

Regan H.

Regan H.asked

How much cost for baby delivery? I want to open an insurance for my wife, for my wife delivery.

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Does she meet the 12 month waiting period requirement?

Good afternoon, Regan.

I’d recommend speaking with our Cover Start team, as they’ll be able to match you up with the right cover for your needs. You can reach them between 8am and 8pm – Monday to Friday on 134 135. Alternatively, you can send me through a private message on Facebook (http://m.me/BupaAustralia) with your best contact number, and I’ll get them to give you a ring.

Here to help,
Ryan

Belinda W.

Belinda W.asked

If I have Ultimate health cover and see a Counsellor/Psychotherapist who charges $120 per hour what is the approximate rebate I would receive back? I am trying to decide if I will go a see this counsellor as she is highly recommended but I need to know how much I will be out of pocket

Fired Up
Fired Up

Why ask the public?

Hi Belinda,

I’ll be happy to handle your question about your psychology coverage, but I’ll just need a little more information to check what you’ll get back.

Please send me through a Facebook private message (http://m.me/BupaAustralia) with your full name, date of birth and membership number, and I’ll take it from there.

Here if you need,
Ryan

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives