Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jerry R.

Jerry R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pay higher premiums, get less in return

Paying Bupa $1500-a-year for 6 years to subsidise sick people was effortless. Simple fortnightly payments.

During the policy: confusing language, fee hikes, hidden double-debits, miniscule refunds.

Any issues or claims? They'll leave you hanging on the phone, or publicly name-and-shame you on the display screen whilst you grovel in line with 6 others for a single customer service officer.

If you want to see a prime example of why Australia is going down the drain towards American-style health care, go with these guys. They won't disappoint.

zexi

zexiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst health insurance ever

sukhdeep

sukhdeepGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

the worst health insurance provider

morley

morleyPerth, WA

Too expensive

I have been with Bupa for decades. But I have recently changed as they simply do not not look after me. Competitors offer better coverage and prices. Loyalty is a two way street.

Edward S.

Edward S.Sydney, NSW

Travel Cover - easy to apply and nightmare to cancel

Super easy to sign up for but when it comes to cancelling they want the signature of the person that is cancelling. It doesn't matter if I am the person paying for a friend's health cover that has since left the country.

So the direct debit was removed and now required a written application letter to be snail mailed to Bupa. All within a few days or they will charge over $450.

I won't be using Bupa health cover again.

Previously for my wife when she became eligible for medicare we cancelled. And they said they would give free ambulance cover for the rest of the year. I said OK, why not its free... The next period they are demanding for money to continue the service.

Hamfrey

HamfreySydney, NSW

Its the WORST ever Health insurance company Stay way

I launched a claim way back in July, can you believe they still haven't processed it. They keep adding more time and now i have been told to wait till end of October to get the refund.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Bigwal

BigwalGeelong

10 years a member, too long.

Join in 2009. Bupa lies to me in 2014. 2019 I ring to change my policy. They said I was wrong. I said please review recording from 2014. They said they would. Then they say that recording was “deleted”. I said that is not how you treat a 10 year customer or any customer for that matter. I said please cancel my cover. Simple. Now go around and tell everyone my story. They promptly cancel.

Medibank is better

Cris

CrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't lose your money

They are very inefficient!
Any time you make a claim it becomes a drama.
They never pay back you for the right amount, it's like they got a different rating scales compared to other companies. What you have always been paid 100% with Puba is paid less.
EVER NEVER in my life. Guaranteed

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Ana Flavia

Ana FlaviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst health insurance !! You have to beg to get a refund.

unfortunately I have a health problem and had to get medical treatment,I'm trying to get a bupa refund since May, and so far nothing has been done, I've been there 3 times and they say they're investigating. I did all the process, the invoice is direct from the hospital and they say they are investigating and unfortunately has no date when they will refund, and only said that because I went there personally to ask. Bupa is only fast when we have to pay the hiring. Even the service in the physical store is bad, the attendants meet you with mockery and said they can do nothing that if I wanted to complain was to call bupa !! sincerely a bad nonsense, if you have reading to hire this company do not hire look for another

Coverage TypeCouple

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Left with 4.5k hospital bill

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

The rudest customer service EVER!!

I made travel insurance with Bupa, called to make some changes and they surprise me with their "criteria" that they don't issue this for a non-permanent resident and those who don't have a full Bupa cover!
Also, the woman on the phone was SUPER RUDE when she knew that I was an international student, she didn't even listen to my complaint although I was so polite!!

I'm glad that I don't have full health insurance with this poor service.

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DO NOT USE BUPA - DISHONEST

Checked to make sure I was covered for some dental work, was told because I had made a claim last year for a similar item that I would have to wait 3 years to be better covered (cost $1280, Bupa will pay $111 of it). I make no claims on my extras except for the past year for dental work and this is what I get. I will be dumping them asap as well as my family and friends. They are thieves!!!!

Mamele Afamasaga

Mamele AfamasagaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Corporate Health Insurance

They claim to have the best insurance but truth of the matter is they are far from it.. I work for a company who has Bupa as part of their corporate health benefit and I find these guys to be the biggest thieves there are. Not worth transferring my existing cover over to these people, with my existing cover at least I have free ambulance cover but these guys said I have to pay for the service if I choose to use it. Eff that why would I pay for something I am currently getting at no cost on my current cover. I would not recommend you I feel lucky to have dodged you and have not chosen you as a provider. Please people shop around don't settle for less , make good use of your money not just pay some scum for rubbish service.
Happy hunting.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only

Rich

RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good luck making a claim

My wife had a short stay in hospital ! One month before Bupa informed us we were covered , the day before her admission Bupa told the hospital we were not covered and they needed letters from our Doctor and Surgeon proving it wasn't a previous condition which we did ! Still waiting , no longer with Bupa !

Coverage TypeCouple

Afnan

AfnanIllawarra, NSW

It's a shame for humanity

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Krys

KrysSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

Told we were completely covered for my sons surgery. Told to pay it and then do a claim to get it back. Did the claim and they only gave back $118 out of $1300! When I called to ask why the guy was rude and insinuated I was a liar the entire time. I am extremely disappointed in their process.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Andrew

AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Utterly worthless

Been a Bupa 'young singles' member for approximately 15 years. This afternoon I find out -- 24 hours before surgery -- that my cover is utterly worthless and that exactly $0 of the hospital or surgeon's fees will be covered. Pack of absolute morons.