Best choice, but pricey

Good design, rugged and performs well, use it in a saltwater environment so we will see how that goes.
Power consumption seems to be very frugal.

Multilevel cold zones is good

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,400.00.

Fantastic Product

We researched a lot before settling on our Bushman fridge. We are more than happy with it and really like to idea of being able to adjust the fridge size to our camping needs. We have had it for 6 mths now and used it several times camping without a problem. We found a crack in one of the new baskets and let Bushman know and were sent a replacement straight away - great service.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bushman Fridges for $1,500.00.

Most reliable unit ever made!!

This is my third bushman. None have failed and the oldest is 18 years. Amazing unit. These units may not have every feature but I have one in my truck, work van and caravan and they don’t miss a beat. I have used in temps upward of 42 degrees, beer is still cold. 10 out of 10.

Purchased in November 2018.

Great product

We have used our new fridge, while camping, on a number of occasions now, both with 240 v connection and solar panel/battery 12v connection. We are very happy with it. The ability to upsize or downsize according to how long you are away is great. It runs very efficiently, and in summer over a warm but cloudy week where we had no access to power other than the solar panels we had no trouble with the fridge running the battery down. It also continued to keep the things at the bottom frozen or very cold. Buying from a local company that has great reviews about service was also something that gave me peace of mind. We couldn't be happier.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,395.00.

True Aussie stuff

I have used a Bushman Fridge for 10 years without one ounce of problem. Its been used in a Camper Trailer across the Kimberley in it's 52 L configuration,Freezing at the bottom and cool at the top. Never went without a cold beer or lost any food.I have used it lately in the back of my 4WD in the 45L config.Keeps the steak frozen and the wife's wine cold. I'd recommend this simple to operate reliable fridge to anyone.

Very helpfull

I spent a lot of time researching lots of different products and reading reviews about them before I purchased this fridge. Couldn’t wait to play with my new toy so unpacked it and the fridge slide put all the extension lids on and sat it on the back of the ute, all not bolted down, moved something and the fridge slide opened and the fridge fell, the top dome lid was open and caught on the side of a trailer and over extended the hinges and pulled one off the lid with some of the plastic. Damn just wasted $1395 was going through my head, picked everything up put the flat lid on started the fridge, ran like a charm and has done ever since, great relief so now probably only wasted a couple of hundred dollars, now what to do about the broken lid, rang the Bushman head office, spoke to Paul, explained what I had done, no problem he says, gets my address and tells me he will let me know how much when he gets the freight cost. Get an email the next morning with the cost, not the couple of hundred I was thinking not even close, parts turn up at my place that afternoon, and another email telling me how to correctly fit the hinges. They were great to deal with and I would recommend this company and this fridge to anyone.
I first looked at this fridge back in 2004 but went on to purchase a Waeco (CF50), and although it still works I have had issues with it from very early on failing for various reasons just when I needed it to work. I wish I had purchased this back then.

Purchased in January 2019.

top product

purchased my bushman fridge (sc35-52 model) approx. 18 months ago and have been running in the back of my ute ever since for work and play .Love the versatility of changing the litreage so your so your not wasting power cooling down unwanted air space. Used only on the south coast of nsw. looked at other brands but keep coming back to the bushman and it was recommended buy my local camping store. At Christmas 2018/19 my power convertor packed it in, rung the service department up the lads were totally surprised this had happened. Has only been plug into power at home , never in caravan parks were power can sometimes fluctuate and said this should not have happened not being that old, asked how much for a new one they so no should not have happened and replaced it for free. Besides this been great product under constant use would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great product really like the whole concept

Great product haven’t tried it in extreme temperatures as yet but are confident it will perform well.
Everybody I spoke to pre purchase spoke really highly and some had purchased a second one as a full time freezer.
Customer service is exceptional, had a minor problem with a clip on the sleeve. Rang head office Friday before Christmas,new one arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (wow). Thanks Gary great service no questions only willing to help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Simply the best for reliability and service

Purchased Bushman Original SC35-52 at Wauchope Caravan and Camping show. Travelled nearly 100,000 Km many on rough roads, not missing a beat. Handled well in hot conditions NT and Arnhemland. Only replaced control panel myself after all that travelling. Great assistance from Bushman staff identifying problem and giving me advice. Highly recommended. Also a good backup fridge/freezer at home when not travelling

Date PurchasedAug 2005

Look no further

I'm so thankful that I did my research. I was going to do the norm and buy what is the "Brand Names". I was tossing up between the Engel and Waeco.

I came across The Bushman Fridge and its in a league of its own. There is nothing you can fault on this fridge.

Thankyou Bushman Fridges for a fantastic Aussie Product.

AA+

Date PurchasedNov 2018

People up in Darwin put me onto this fridge

We have only just purchased the Bushman recently but have it in the house as a second fridge at the moment. We have it running continuously with drinks and vegetables in it mainly.
We are going travelling in a few weeks and also next year and this will become our fridge in our travels.
The way the fridge is configured to provide different volumes is a really good feature.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

It took Years to find it.

I wish I had purchased this years ago. Have tried several well known brands over a couple of decades. All failed to completely fulfill my requirements for a freezer/fridge. This unit is well insulated, extremely quiet, easy on the power, and it works very well. Have only used as a freezer so far, but overnight it froze solid a butterfly leg of lamb and six chops from warm. The caravan internal temperature got up to 29 deg C and the unit didn’t falter. I am predicting when using in the tropics it will be just as good. The internal area is almost square making packing goods easier in that they fit better than in a rectangle. The basket is a bonus in the freezer for the quick grab of tonight’s meal. I am very happy with the purchase. Highly recommended.

I’m a big fan

Like all my purchases I read a lot of reviews before parting with my hard earned cash. The reviews narrowed my choice down to three or so. What made me choose Bushman? Versatility, reliability, and efficiency. First trip was a week camping at Woody Head. The fridge was running off a battery that would no longer turn over my diesel and was being recharged by a 160W solar panel. The weather was cloudy nearly every day so not a lot of power being generated for a dodgy battery. Will the fridge shut down through lack of voltage? Didn’t have a problem. I put it down to the fact that it draws so little power. A couple of times I thought it had stopped because I couldn’t here it running. It is very quiet even when the compressor is running. The fridge has lived up to all the reviews I read. So good to see an Aussie brand matching it with the big names.
Looking forward to a Fraser Island trip where I will be using the full 52ltr capacity.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very confident with this purchase

I decided to purchase this 35-52 ltr Bushman fridge as previously owning two Waeco CF50 fridges which when new where ok but I needed a fridge with a lower power draw but also wanted versatility in fridge freezer temperatures control. Luckily I have a work colleague who recommended the Bushman's fridge and let me test it at home. All the current draw results I hoped for where excellent in ideal conditions on my balcony in a Brisbane winter, so off I went to Snowy's in Brendale and purchased one. I replaced the cigarette plug with an Anderson plug as my connection in the cab is 6mm cable to Anderson. I Ran it for one week at -5 with pre frozen gel packs in the base 1 bottle of sparkling wine and six 500ml tins of beer in the middle basket. The current draw was around 16 amps in an average 16 degrees which I thought was good but expected a bit lower. A week later took the fridge to Fraser Island in extraordinary warm temps and kept the fridge running off the dual battery inside the dual cab due to Dingo's everywhere! The average current draw still around 16 amps and very warm inside the cab. Unbelievable as used as freezer and fridge for 7 nights. 200 watt Korr Lighting solar panel good weather conditions the 105 amp battery was fully charged by 11am every morning. Could not be happier with my purchase, just buy the best you won't regret it! Moreton Island 12 nights here we come

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Money well spent

We have used it as a fridge with all expansion lid and collars and it's excellent. We currently use it as a freezer and it is perfect. If you use the full size things in the very top most basket don't quite freeze. We have found this with other portable fridges also. It is quiet and doesn't use much of our battery, a fantastic and reliable product. The company is excellent to deal with, and where others couldn't they would bend over backwards to get it to us (outback Australia) and did it right away. We use our fridge in 40 to 45 degrees throughout the hot parts of the year with no problems or struggles. Totally recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

review

works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Bounced over half the country

Our Bushman has lived in the back of our 4WD ever since we purchased it in 2013 after failed Waeco’s and an Engel.
In the time it has done two tips to the cape including the OTT.
4 trips to the Big Red Bash in Birdsville. Our most recent trip inluded over 3000km of seriously corrugated roads yet the bushman did not seem phased by it all.
Without a doubt the most reliable fridge I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

should have bought one years ago

we have had our bushman 52 litre fridge for under 12 months but love how versatile it is for free camping. we have almost finished our west Australia adventure and it didnt miss a beat over the 4 weeks we were away.

We use it in the back of the ute connected to a anderson plug and a dedicated battery. We made a special wooden frame to prevent movement in the back of the ute and to contain the battery.

Recently we have been unable to use the fridge for some months so will let you all know how it did being ignored for about 8 months in the shed next time we post.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Bushman simply amazing.

I purchased the Bushman fridge to replace my old Waeco fridge which is still going strong. The Bushman is a bit like a Transformer with different lids and collar. I love the baskets they make access so easy, no more rummaging around simply remove the basket/s to get at what is needed. Mine came with a slightly damaged main basket a a dodgy clip. One call to Bushman head office, problem solved, parts in the mail, no questions asked. Fantastic public relations excercise. I also purchased the heavier Bushman cable with an Anderson plug, I would recommend this accessory to all Bushman owners. This fridge does not use much power (Set at minus 5) and it keeps food and drink nice and cold. I even used the bottom section as a freezer. It did need to be reset at one stage 40 degrees plus for seven days at Exmouth, the display was flashing, read the manual insert in my case a cut off fish hook into the reset hole and off it goes back to normal. Great fridge, great support, I think I will buy another for the camper trailer. Well done Bushman.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great unit and the best service.

have had the unit in our boat for years with no trouble at all. when used at home this week the 240v converter thing e blew, the manufacture offered a replace at reduced price (without me asking).
not only an excellent unit but unbeatable service.
the great feature is being able to change the size so when we go for the day its small capacity and large for longer periods on the water.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

I would be operating on a boat with 12 V DC and 240V AC. In DC, how many amps will it draw in freezer mode? Regards Mark
Hi Mark, the average consumption in 35L as a deep freezer (-18º) will be between around 1.5 Amps per hour average.

Hi Just purchased a secondhand sc35 can't see anything on the online owners manual should the power light be red once at temperature Cheers
Yes -the redlight shows its working. Green light shows its at temperature. Try "Set' the temp down to say - 10 . The fridge should start showing the red light. Then raise the set temp to say + 3 and the fridge should stop and the red and green lights come on. Hope this helps.

Not a question but a solution. I found that the problem with my fridge not working, (Was running OK for about 3 years on my car's aux battery but now will only run above 13V, engine running, 240V or on a solar panel during the day) was that part of the plastic casing holding one of the 12v pins had broken away allowing the pin to be pushed back when inserting the plug. This resulted in very little contact only allowing the higher voltage (above 12.9v or so to kick start the motor) I resolved this problem by removing the plastic block holding the pins, taping around the base (wire side up) with a few millimetres of tape protruding above it, replacing the broken bit with the pin and wire still attached and filling it up with epoxy resin, Araldite or similar. Best to keep the plug connected to ensure the broken pin is properly aligned and held in place. Leave it for a few days until fully cured. This fix means it's better than new. When you're constantly pulling the plug in and out it compromises the thin plastic pin holder and it may eventually break.
Hi James, thanks for the detailed info you have well and truly sorted that out. Sometimes we get customers to file down the plastic ridges on the oustside of the plastic 2-pin plug. The allows the plug to be inserted and unplugged without wiggling - this is mostly helpful only if you need to plug and unplug often, as the ridges are designed to stop the plug vibrating out. Cheers, Tom.Thanks Paul, I'll have to try that as I use it for camping and also at home (240v) Fridge still going strong.

Capacity52L