Buyee

Buyee

See the Best Auction Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Buyee? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Leo
LeoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Homework needed.

I’ve Never Had a Problem

I’ve honestly never had a problem with Buyee. I came into this already knowing that they have fees for their services. Some of the reviews are being silly. You take a big risk on choosing the 0 yen Lite plan, but every time I’ve chosen this plan, I’ve still received my parcel. The shipping is international, so it will be more expensive. Keep in mind that the shipping will only take up to a week at most. I’ve gotten a lot of cute brand items from Buyee that I would’ve had to pay out the behind for on sites like EBay or Depop. I think I’ve made around 15 orders on this site and I’ll continue to do so. Ive never had a problem as far as refunds go for a cancelled item and their customer service has always answered me quickly.

Daniel F.
Daniel F.South East Queensland, QLD

Scam outrageous shipping costs avoid!

Avoid this company! They charge whatever they like for shipping and you can't do much about it. Unfortunately I bought 3 items close together but I have learnt my lesson!
1. $10.00aud item - tiny toy car sized $38.00 shipping!
2. Large item aprox 12kg. $150 aud only shipping options are for $600 or $850. Have not shipped yet.
3. Small set of computer speakers. $90AUD. Shipping only their most expensive option DHL $180. when asked it is because they had magnets in them they can only use DHL. Unpacked and placed in giant box full of bubble wrap to maximise shipping volume and cost. Could have fit into a box 1/4 the Size!
AVOID Be smarter than me!

Mitch
MitchGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely shocking service

I was looking for some car parts from Japan I ordered a 4 inch decal/sticker worth $3.00 to try out this company. The shipping cost from Japan to Australia was $48 au I complained and they suggested I combine with another package using their consolidation service a 4 Kilo 8.8 pound package became $498 au. This mob are a scam they advertise products that are incomplete and take zero responsibility lucky I used paypal who got my money back eventually.

ibfragalot
ibfragalotVictoria

My shipping was $300 from 2019-2022. Now $700 when they switched to small boxes. SCAM!

Ray
RaySydney, NSW

Buyee is my worst experience

You will never know the real shipping cost until its too late. I paid for an item that cost $22 and shipping cost for that was near about $1100. Its insane. Very very unreliable customer service. And I am not the only victim, many more people has been in the same pathetic situation.

Laz
LazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Buyee is a scam!

Yas
Yas

Just stay away. Inefficient and very expensive

I bought head lights for my car from Japan. These guys end up so expensive. They charge you for GST on shipping and will only offer you FEDEX shipping. Plus your queries are lost in translation.

• Return Claim MadeNo

Made postage mistake and wouldn't refund

Buyee required additional postage for item to be sent after they had made an error.
Would not refund initial postage or refund purchase

Find out how Buyee compares to other Auction Shops

I bought something from buyee with standard plan and looks like their so unresponsive very hard to get in touch.

• Return Claim MadeYes

Good for buying goods from Japan.

This is overall a site that I mainly use to buy goods not in stock anymore or goods for a really good price. Of course, the downside though is the shipping which I doubt is much different from other proxy services. I've had nothing but good experiences from Buyee and I will continue to use it.

Eagle
EagleSouth-East, TAS

Horribly slow and overpriced

I bought at least 5 guitars via Buyee as they are the ONLY proxy service for Yahoo Japan. Once my guitar arrived at their warehouse, it took (in average, same below) 2 days before I can make a payment for special packaging. Then it took 3 to 4 days for special packaging. After I made the payment for the international shipping, it took another 2 to 3 days to handle my guitar to FedEx or DHL. More than a week!! What did they do in that 7 to 9 days? Simply put my guitar in a large cardboard box and fill the gap with some random sized materials. Nothing elses! That's so called special packaging!! I would NEVER use this service at all if there is a competing company.

Just another guy
Just another guyVictoria

It's not a good service these days

I have been buying through them for a long time, items in the thousands of dollars. Now I am restricted to a bid limit. If I want to increase over the limit I need to email them. Of course they cannot answer in time if the auction is ending soon. I requested a general bid limit increase so I don't need to make a request every time and got a poor response like they are trying to avoid fraud. Not happy or confident with their service.

Avoid using Buyee

Bought an item, item arrived warehouse, account unable to login/reset pw, being told that account being terminated and can't tell the reason why, no refund or anything. END. Avoid using this company services

Dennis
DennisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam Warning ! Do not use Buyee.

Spend nearly ¥72000 for car parts from Buyee , what I got are 2 pieces of WOOD ! Email them and they replied [ We will not refund or help you, because you are using our Lite plan ] They also claim they don't know what they posted to me ! I requested Package Consolidation , should be 6 items in total .Best part is Buyee claim they don't know what they consolidate while my order page clearly show what's in my order. Now only hope Paypal can help. STAY AWAY FROM BUYEE.