Cabot's CFP Floor

• Ease of Application
  • Coverage
  • Longevity

doctorgarySydney Surrounds, NSW

VERY disappointing - would not recommend to anyone

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Vanessa

VanessaIllawarra, NSW

Not clear like stated

Not sure why a product that is labelled “clear” looks to have a tint to it. False advertising? Completely ruined the 1950’s cypress floor boards with a horrid red tint. Would NEVER recommend or buy this product again. Such a bad decision and has completely ruined the brand for me. It did apply well with a roller and brush for the edges and was easy to clean up with turps. Very strong smell.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunn.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Still cloudy after 3 weeks!

Not dissimilar to several other reviews, we’re having problems with clouding after 3 weeks.
Weather has ranged from 40deg down to 17 deg (in Leura NSW).
The use of a hair dryer (as suggested by Cabots help hasn’t made any difference). We are hoping to list the house for rental but with this issue we are now looking to resand and look for an alternative. Very disappointing and not one to be recommended.

Purchased in January 2020 at Katoomba Bunnings.

beebs

beebsCentral West, NSW

Cabot's CFP matte water based

I've never stripped and revarnished floors before, applying the CFP was really easy and turned out brilliantly. I read the reviews before I started, so I made sure I didn't shake the can, but mixed it up really well. There was no clounding or anything unpleasant and it looks like it was done by a professional. Great product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$130.00.

drunkntigr

drunkntigrGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

First section covering 600sqm no problem. Second section 250sqm bubbly and rough

We sanded down a mezzanine floor last year and coated it with the oil based CFP, over 600 sqm, no problem, one coat, very smooth.

Did a floor expansion and new area only 250sqm, CFP application, heaps of bubbles and whole floor is extremely rough, same floor material. I

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$220.00.

palexPerth, WA

Not as durable as I hoped.

I have used an intergrain product that required me to strip back the floors and I got marvellous results and durability. CFP has much less preparation and is very quick to put on and has a lovely finish. Second coat in good weather can safely be put on in 3 hours marvellous the whole job finished in less than a day and no strong fumes.
In my dining room with sliding chairs and scuffing shoes I think I need something more durable which requires a lot more work, for the rest of the house this stuff is great.

Purchased in January 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$120.00.

palex

Thankyou so much for the feedback I have used a lot of your products and enjoy using them. Cheers Pete

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Solution for removing clouding

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$51.00.

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent product

I saw some negative reviews but my experience using this product has been excellent. I have used other water-based polyurethane products on our baltic pine floorboards many years ago and it was time to recoat. A preparation that didn't require sanding made for a quick and dust-free start to the job. It was very easy to apply and because it was quick drying meant I could get the job done in a weekend. And what a brilliant finish - looks a treat. Highly recommend.

Purchased in July 2019.

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst mistake of my life

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Michael

Thanks for your reply, haven’t seen any change yet but I live in hope. Only wish stores like Bunnings would put up fact sheets, and helpful advice in stores so we can be more informed before we purchase.

Find out how Cabot's CFP Floor compares to other Paints & Varnishes

It's not clear! It makes the floor look dreadful.

Their is a stain running through this and what happens when you apply it to a kitchen floor as I did all the woods come up in a dark tint, looks disgusting! I had the rep out to look at the product the liquid in the tin is a darkish oily looking liquid which is certainly not clear! Could not get my point across to the rep who still maintained their is not staining or tinting going on, despite the observations i pointed out to him.

Dirk

DirkSydney

Absolute crap. Crap customer service too.

Read Reviews and took the chance

Have a small house I re sanded the floorboards and used this product was perfect for 1-1/2 weeks then white milky parts started showing all over the floor. Has been 4 months now and milky areas are still all visible. Dissatisfied.

Ivy

IvyTea tree gully, Sa

Good product

I varnished some cork flooring in two rooms a couple of years ago, and very happy with the results from this and will use again. I liked the easy wash up and it did not take very long to dry, i used a extra wide brush and it was done in no time,

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Flowerpot

FlowerpotBrisbane

Saved $$ worth the gamble on $140 tin

Saved $$$. Seven years ago we sanded and polished our floors in our investment property using Cabots. Seven years on due to high traffic and low capacity tenants who didn’t take the time to care for things, it was looking a little tired. I used satin in two rooms. A day later hubby used satin but may not have stirred it properly and it was also raining. Advice was to open up and let it dry. Didn’t work. Advice was to sand it. Groan. No time to hire a sander and lift into the car. We bought gloss and it came back looking great! Glad we used our instincts and took a gamble.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jjfot

JjfotAustralia

Cabot’s are No.1

Renovated our stairs by ripping off old carpet. Most floor specialists told us we couldn’t revive our mdf treads. Called Cabot’s and they didn’t miss a beat. Patiently informed us about everything we had to do step by step. The result? A gorgeous new staircase with Cabot’s products. Thrilled with the company’s product and their outstanding service!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Coops

CoopsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic product

Great product that is easy to use and pretty forgiving if you're an amateur like me. Did a surprisingly good job at reviving our patchy timber floors. Seemed to soak into the more bare bits and even out the floors over all. Really quick and easy to apply with a roller.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Paul

Paul

Stairs

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
M.C

M.CAU

Did the magic on our matt finish timber floor

We recently moved to a new house and had a Vic Ash floor in Matt finish installed. No matter how much I clean it, still lacks luster, the floor really looks dusted. Good thing there’s one review here who had use it already on their Vic Ash so we decided to give it a try too. We bought a small tin can first to try on a small piece of our left out uninstalled floor. Happy with the result, we decided to get the big can and do it on our whole house. The product is very easy to use. We did it ourselves and viola! Our matt timber floor come to life! Very happy with the result that I am giving this review to help out others in the future who might have the same issue with on their matt finish floors.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
MagMag

MagMagSydney, NSW

Looks good , we choose satin finish

have coated floors 5 times. Does have some spots where it looks a bit rippled.... it's been on the floor approx 4 weeks now and color of floor is getting a bit warmer.
It stays pretty soft for a while....we were very careful putting in our new fridge but still managed a scratch. This was with at least 7 days rest after the last floor treatment!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cloudy after 1 week

I've had the same problem as others. I have new stairs and use this product on the treads. Done by professional builders and painters. The rest of our new work is perfect but the stairs are letting us down because of this product.

The problem is it goes milky/cloudy if you wipe it down. I waited a full 7 days and wiped it down with a just damp cloth and the two treads I wiped are cloudy. Even after 7 days.

I'm glad I didn't do all the stairs now but surely after 7 days a soft damp cloth should cause the stairs to go white and milky. Very unhappy at this stage. I'll give it a while to clear up but if that doesn't work it will all have to be re-done.

Quite unhappy at this stage and wouldn't recommend using this and I won't be again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

SP M.

SP M.asked

Hi :o)
I also have got the white cloudy thing happening. Moisture in there I suppose. Just wondering if i can put the second coat on despite the cloudiness? So long as it eventually clears up I don't mind how long it takes.
SP Makes

doctorgary

Mine isn't cloudy, it's going like a satin finish. Nothing to do with moisture as everything was hot and dry at the time.

Hey SP Makes!

I have replied to your initial questions - give us a call if you're still having any issues!
You can call us on 1800 011 006.

SP M.

SP M.asked

Hi :o)
SP Makes

G'day SP Makes,

You're right, the white cloudy appearance is most definitely moisture being in contact with a water based coating before it has a chance to completely cure. You can apply another coat, as long has the coating that is currently on the timber is completely dry.
The cloudiness/milkiness may hang around for a little longer, but will go once the coating has fully cured. This can take 7-14 days, and in some extreme circumstances, longer!

If you would like to chat about this further, give us a call on 1800 011 006.
Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST.

BC C.

BC C.asked

CFP Floor Water Based

Can you use the CFP on an exterior deck ?

Good morning,

Unfortunately the CFP is not suitable for exterior Decking. The reason being is that it contains no UV blockers to protect the coating and the timber from UV and weathering and it will be very slippery when wet too.

If you're looking for something that will give you a gloss like finish, take a look at the Feast Watson Wet Look Decking Oil;
This is a lightly pigmented decking oil that will help you achieve a wet/gloss look.

If you have any further questions, please give us a call on 1800 011 006.

Cheers - Team Cabot's

Get an answer from our members and Cabot's representatives