Cadbury Picnic Bar

Cadbury Picnic Bar

See the Best Chocolates in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cadbury? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

annie1962
annie1962

wow it's really changed - and for the worse

I haven't had a Picnic for some years and remember it as delightful and having a bit of a chew to it...
Today I had one and it was DRY and hard.. I think they have skimped on the caramel?.
Never again ... what a shame that Cadbury keeps on changing their products to save money, making taste the sacrificial lamb.

Purchased in April 2022 at Woolworths.

Shame

Sorry very disappointed, its one picnic that would leave me still hungry afterwards, thought better of you cadbury's. Sorry if this sounds personal but as personal experiences go it left me wanting.

Like a solid lump of nuts,absolutely terrible.

I very just purchased a four pack of Cadbury picnics and it was like eating a solid nut it was terrible, I normally buy a box from amazon, and they are the older ones and you can taste the raisins and caramel they're lovely, but these are terrible ,if that's what they're like now I definitely won't be buying anymore, incase I end up with that rubbish, why do they do that! Take something good and ruin it, they do it with most of their chocolate bars, cheapskates

Purchased in March 2022 at The Co-op for $2.50.

crunchynutislove
crunchynutisloveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best chocolate, no debate required

Absolutely love this! The chocolate was so succulent and the peanuts made my face swell with joy. I felt sick after but I'm pretty sure that's not related. 100% recommend.

Nineteen seventy four
Nineteen seventy fourSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failure

This used be my number 1 bar for 35years. I’m gutted to say that this is no longer the case and after the one I just had may never buy one again. The reasons being:
- appearance: no longer recognisable as a ‘picnic’
- size: it was small, no longer able to satisfy the hangries.
- Content: hardly any nuts or caramel basically a wafer covered in chocolate.

A huge disappointment. What is it and whats next a crumb of choc in a wrapper. Seems like execs met KPIs to reduce costs but at what cost. Not smart to alter quality so much you lose customers.

Currently a bag of popcorn is now filling the gap.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $1.

Cadbury NEVER satisfies anymore

Cadbury chocolate bars have shrunk so much over the years! Not worth buying anymore it NEVER SATISFIES!!
Nestle however have kept the chocolate bars at a satisfying size which makes me choose Nestle over Cabury any day!!!

Purchased in May 2020 for $2.50.

Krammig
KrammigGold Coast

Nice tasking - but they have just shrunk AGAIN !

I am sure we are so damn annoying at the ever shrinking size of confectionary and especially Cadbury.

Just purchased a Picnic (I usually get a couple every week) and once again it has shrunk in size. 46g And if I'm wrong about this being a new low, then the one I had must have shrunk on the way home because it is smaller than usual.

I am just fed up with this. $0.85 is all they are worth. I never pay any more for these. Refuse to.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $0.85.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Boris Yasminsky
Boris YasminskyNear You

@ $0.85 ITS OK, @ $2.20, FORGET IT

As with all Cadbury chocolates, they're absolute failures in taste and price. However, with Woolworths discounting Picnic to $0.85, that's ok, because that's all they are worth.
1990 = 100g, 2000 = 80g, 2010 = 52g, 2014 = 48g, 2016 = 42g and 2018 = 38g. At this rate, Coles miniature thingo's will be the actual size of everything we buy.

Deborah Baverstock
Deborah BaverstockSt Marys

Cadbury Picnic

I like this product but for those who do not like the diameter of the bar, should try the Cadbury Picnic Family Block. It is absolutely YUM
If you do not eat a lot of chocolate at any one time then this is probably the one for you
Not yet available in smaller size in this form other than family block but like all Cadbury blocks they are resealable and will keep once open
Yeah

Shrinking.

Looks like the picnic bar is shrinking AGAIN.
The manufacturers always deny this.
It now weighs 38 grammes.
No doubt the "NEW BIGGER SIZE" bar will be announced soon.
The public know raw materials are costing more. Don't insult our intelligence.
Just put the price up and save face.

Taste good

This is like the best chocolate bar ever, it's cheap and taste really good. It takes very little space too.

Another chocolate bar this shrinking in size.

The Picnic bar is a favourite of mine but having been out of the country I found it had shrunk.

than4
than4

Good

I choose a Picnic bar when I am hungry and want chocolate as I know that it will satisfy the chocolate craving but also fill me up. I like the combination of caramel, wafer, nuts and chocolate - I think it is the nuts that have the "filling" factor. The only con is that sometimes the nuts and bits of chocolate fall off when you bite into it. And if it is cold or has been in the fridge, the caramel is hard which makes it not as nice to eat.
great combination of caramel, wafer, nuts and chocolate. A really filling chocolate bar
bits can fall off when you take a bite

blizzcon
blizzconAU

great

the packaging looks really great and i like the adds, it makes the customer want to buy it. its awesome!
its a nutty bar so any gay man will like it.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

This is a nice variety to try, not my favourite. Its too sweet for me, maybe its the caramel inside. Eating a whole bar would make me feel sick, whereas I could eat a whole of some other type. It just doesn't taste as good as the others.
This is a chocolate I have tried and I would only buy it if I really craved the taste. Its got the nuts, wafer, chocolate, but somehow it doesnt click for me.
Its a bit messy to eat, but that's not a real problem. It can be a bit sweet, so I can only eat half of it, which is a good thing.