Cadbury Roses Boxed

Cadbury Roses Boxed

See the Best Chocolates in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cadbury? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Terri
Terri

What's with the crunchy bits?

Creamy centers with crunchy bits? Roses used to be a quality product, now the chocolates all taste as if they were cheaply made. I miss my old favorites and judging by the other comments here, I'm not alone. Surely the sales are down and Cadbury must be aware of their error? I'd happily pay more for the returned, superior product. From now on, I'm purchasing Quality Street Chocolates and Toffees for gifts and for when I want to treat myself. Roses were always my first choice for a box of chocolates, now they don't even make the list and have made other brands a better option.

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles Express for $9.00.

Laurellee C.
Laurellee C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Classic Example of Destroying a Tried and True Product

Was so very disappointed to see the range had changed. I loved the old strawberry and peppermint creams. Do not like the current range, please bring back the original range, it was great, it was successful and can’t understand why it was changed.

Leanne
Leanne

Why Why Why did you change the best box of chocolates in the world

There are no longer soft centres and those distinctive tastes of eg peppermint, strawberry. Everyone had a favourite but now they just all taste plain. I've been buying roses forever but not anymore which is sad.

Purchased in June 2021.

They all taste the same

I actually don’t even bother reading the box to choose which chocolate I eat because they all taste the same. I was given them as a gift and I’m not going to throw them out so I am working my way slowly through them. I’m pretty disappointed as I remember them being really delicious. They are pretty bland now.

Purchased in June 2021.

Bring back the originals - massive fail Cadbury

Listen to your customers and admit your mistake - there are instances of other companies getting it wrong but they quickly rectified their mistaken belief that their product needed changing - we just want the originals back!!!

Will never buy again.

I can’t believe that this company won’t listen to what their customers want. I haven’t spoken to anyone who likes the new Roses. I used to buy these regularly as gifts for people an for Christmas particularly. Cadbury’s have wrecked Christmas. Won’t ever buy them again.

Purchased in December 2020.

Not like they used to be.

Way too sweet, not much flavour. It's as if they reduced the chocolate for cost. Not the same shapes, or packaging. Why change something if it works perfectly fine? Won't be buying again.

True
TrueGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bland and boring. Bring back the old Roses

All the good flavours are gone. You have completely changed all the chocolates that Roses were known for. Used to buy these a lot especially at Christmas time.
Please bring them back or lose a multitude of customers.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Absolutely disappointed!

I’m sorry but what is enjoyable abiut hard centres?...nothing!....I used to love buying Roses at Christmas and enjoying the beautiful soft creamy centre’s but have no flavour. Won’t buy anymore

Martha
MarthaMelbourne

Disappointment Shock Horror

I don’t know what to say.
What happened to the box of roses.

Please cadbury bring back the old roses.
They all went to the BIN
NOT THE SAME
YUCK. YUCK

Purchased in April 2021 at Coles.

ReviewingReviews
ReviewingReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD

They ruined perfectly decent chocolates

Roses are rubbish now. I am especially disappointed that they have ruined the peppermint flavour! That used to be my favourite now you’ve completely destroyed it!! I’ve got a few boxes in the fridge that people who obviously hate me bought me for Easter. I don’t want them. They aren’t nice. The only reason you should change something is to improve it but you’ve done the opposite. I don’t know anyone who likes the change and judging by the reviews it is a pretty common opinion that the new roses are trash.

Not a good change

Very disappointed,
I loved these chocolates, and not knowing they have changed and have hard crunchie bits in them& having a cracked tooth, well oh my god, there went my tooth, thanks Cadbury’s could warn people,
Never again, the taste has changed too

Purchased in May 2021.

Cinta M
Cinta MSunshine Coast

When something amazing becomes something disappointing..

Cadbury roses used to be a family staple for any event. We loved them. We all had our favourite. I lovvvved the old strawberry ones and the mint ones personally. First they changed the strawberry recipe (which ruined them) and now they aren't even there. Even the hazelnut isn't as good as when it was one solid nut inside. Why change something great, I'll never know. I thought I'd given them one last chance and purchased for mothers day, but they were so disappointing. Last time we buy Cadbury roses.

Purchased in May 2021 at Big W for $8.00.

Chocolate Lover
Chocolate LoverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

You have now truely destroyed A Roses Box

Why have you messed so much with Cadbury Roses? Is it all about cost? The chocolates are so small and there are limited flavours. I would happily pay more for the old style hazelnut chocolate (with the whole nut in the middle), chewy caramels, Turkish delights, even the plain Cadbury swirl. The new box is a massive thumbs down for me.

Purchased in May 2021 for $7.50.

Margaret
MargaretIllawarra, NSW

Terrible chocolates

Please bring back the original wrappers and the original flavours. Roses used to be amazing chocolates, now just a major disappointment. Please don't change a format that worked well. No just taste cheap.

Read more reviews - page 2

Barb N.
Barb N.asked

Can you please bring back the original roses. Loved them bought them constantly in the large tins and took them to work and shared. Haven't bought the new ones since I tried the new ones. Hate them. Also buy less of the blocks of chocolate now cause the sizes are constantly dropping but the price is always increasing.

Steve
Steve

They dont give a crap anymore, cadbury has been bought by idiots. Downsize products, hike up the prices and screw the consumer. Gotta fatten the glutton rich american owners back pockets.
Probably go for a goverment bailout when they run it into the ground.

Dianne H
Dianne Hasked

Why are the new Roses that are so unpopular still being made? Your sales would go through the roof if you changed back to the delicious originals!

Annie L.
Annie L.

I used to love Roses chocolates but won’t ever buy them again. I used to love the creamy centre but hate the ones they have now Booooo to Cadbury

Squizz
Squizzasked

Surely changing roses is a mistake. The decreased sales must reflect this. Why do you persist in marketing this woeful product? Nobody likes them.

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

Its a corporate tax write off. That way they can funnel the funds offshore without attracting ATO suspicion.

Trav