This sunscreen is great! I have 11 kids and 1 bottle covered all of them, from head to toe, twice (a new record)! But my only complaint is that it doesn't tell kids not to drink it because all my kids are now yellow froom drinking it! mmmmmmmkay bye!
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Has the formula changed
I have been a long time user of cancer council sunscreens but the past 2months have noticed that the SPF 50 is not working at all. I work outside, use sunscreen often and am covered up. However I am now getting burnt on my face. Maybe check the factory and quality control?
Not happy Jan
A friend applied a good amount of sunscreen 20min before going to the river (50+ cancer counsell). Went swimming for 1 hour, got out dried off, had lunch and then re-applied and this was the end result. We weren’t even out for even 3 hours! People that were with me that didn’t apply sunscreen didn’t even get this burnt. This sunscreen is not sunscreen and with reading the feed back should be pulled of the shelf. My niece applied the same amount and this is her face. She also had a hat on and long sleeve swimmers on. Your product needs massive improvement.
I used the 50+ Cancer Council Ultra Sunscreen and so did my teenage son. We are severely sunburnt after 3 applications over a 3 hour period on a 26 degree day. It is as if the sunscreen accelerated the burning process. We are so burnt in the areas that we applied the sunscreen, never been this bad before EVER. Do not use this product it does not work and if anything actually makes you burn.
I normally use Banana Boat but recently purchased the 50+ Cancer Council suncream because it was on special at Coles. Firstly, my 2 year old broke out in a horrible rash, blisters and irritation that took 3 days to clear, and he’s never had a problem with other brands. Secondly, I applied an extremely generous layer of suncream everywhere (I’m paranoid about skin cancer), reapplied 2 hours later, and still managed to get burnt! My face was also stinging like crazy after applying, which has never happened with any other brands before. Terrible that this awful suncream is associated with the Cancer Council - an organisation you’d think you could trust!
Purchased in January 2020.
DO NOT BUY THIS
I have dark hair, olive skin, and I am not usually a candidate for sunburn, especially not after I've emptied half a tube of this stuff on myself. But I spent the Xmas holidays looking like an idiot who didn't use enough sunscreen because it just didn't work. Didn't work for my partner either. The only place I didn't get burnt was on my face, where I was wearing neutrogena sunscreen instead. Cancer Council needs to recall this dangerous product.
Purchased in December 2019 for A$15.00.
I wish I had read the reviews before buying. My husband and I are both sunburnt after using the 50+ Ultra Sunscreen. Thankfully we used Banana Boat baby sunscreen on our toddler so she didn’t get burnt. It’s a disgrace that this is associated with the Cancer Council.
Terrible - severely sunburnt
I used the 50+ two days ago and I'm still nursing extremely red, sore legs with swollen ankles. I was at the beach for a couple of hours with my children and husband. My eldest daughter got a bit burnt on her back, my arms, chest and legs are extremely burnt, my husband who didn't have any sunscreen on - is fine!
We usually use Hamilton sunscreen as it suits my children's skin better however we were on holidays and the only option was sunscreen from the supermarket. I assumed being Cancer Council brand and 50+ it was a good choice for me and my family. Apparently not.
Disgusted with blisters!
I am hypervigilant with sun care and my kids have never ever been sunburnt until i used this rubbish! I used this poor excuse for sunscreen and we are now NOT enjoying our overseas holiday with blisters! Might i add this is the 1st time i have purchased this poor excuse for sunscreen and am utterly disgusted!
Purchased in November 2019.
Worst sunscreen on earth- con job
On holiday in Thailand with me and two kids consistently put on bought 50+ after putting it on felt the sun burning skin now we look like lobster Con job like when you donate only 4c in the dollar is received the rest goes to marketing mmm
Worst Sunburn i have ever had. Do not buy!
I purchased this product from coles. it was a factor 50.
I am very stringent in applying sun-cream for myself and children. We went to the beach which wasn't the hottest of days. We were only there about 3 hours and we applied the cream regularly. I have the worst sunburn i have ever experienced and couldn't go out of the house for 4 days as i couldn't were underwear or clothes as i was just too sore. I am on the 6th day and i am still sore and peeling. When i lived in the UK we used to go on holiday to enjoy the sun and i have never had real...
Disgusting this is cancer council sunscreen
Both my husband and I used this sunscreen liberally whilst out at the beach for 2 hours. We were both burnt despite the application. Thankfully we had applied another brand to our 20 month old toddler who did not get burnt. This sunscreen is going in the BIN! Will never buy again.
- Verified purchase
Cancer Council Ultra SPF50+ applied more than recommended, yet we all still burned
This item should not be on the shelves! We purchased this as it was on sale, in future we wont be making that mistake again. We all applied this product generously and well within the 2 hours recommended yet we all still badly burned to the point of blisters! My wife used another companies SPF50+ on her face which completely protected her face but the rest of her body is severely burned with blisters
Should not use if you live in any climate with heat
Here I am thinking I’ll enjoy a nice summers day in my backyard. I apply the spf 50 sport sunscreen, wait 30 minutes because I I’ve been caught out by that trick before. Go out in my garden thinking I’m going to be well protected by the lotion, I am very wrong. Two days later I’m applying prescribed steroid cream because I have 2nd degree burns to my back and legs. If anything this sunscreen magnifies UV, definitely do not recommend.
Questions & Answers
I applied Cancer Council 50+ yesterday afternoon and inadvertently rubbed it into my left eye. The stinging was painful and I was unable to open my eye for several hours. I did wash it out with water which helped a little. However this morning my eye is still not right and my vision is blurry. What can I do?
I am using Cancer Council SPF50+, particularly on my arms when I play golf.
This season I have had a sharp reaction: blotchy red marks, skin irritation, itchiness. In previous years I have used a different brand with NO reaction at all.
Is it the Cancer Council sunscreen? I don't know, but can't think of any other possible source. It has been persisting for a month now, and has barely eased after I stopped using the sunscreen and took to wearing long sleeved shirts.
Next stop is to see my doctor.
having purchased Cancer Council 50+ sport sunscreen as the usual brands of Ego and Hamilton that I buy were not available I have been disgusted and appalled. Used it for the first and last time yesterday and got extremely burnt whilst outdoors and not in direct sun for a little over an hour. I have had the skin condition of vitiligo for most of my life, 42 years so the lack of protection was especially damaging. I would like to know why this product is even on the market given your lack of reputable quality testing, or at least clear and explicit warnings at point of sale.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.