Cancer Council Ultra Sunscreen

Cancer Council Ultra Sunscreen

See the Best Sun Protection & Care in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nikki Smith

Nikki SmithSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst sunscreen on earth- con job

On holiday in Thailand with me and two kids consistently put on bought 50+ after putting it on felt the sun burning skin now we look like lobster Con job like when you donate only 4c in the dollar is received the rest goes to marketing mmm

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $15.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Cancer Council
Cancer C.Cancer Council

Josh

JoshAuckland

I live in New Zealand. Aussie’s - class action lawsuit?

Terrible sunburn as everyone else seemed to experience. Australia - you should sue the manufacturer. It’s abhorrent and dangerous to sell this.

Terrible

Terrible sunscreen. No protection; followed instructions for use and still got burnt. Not only did I get burnt but I broke out in a terrible rash. Would not recommend!

Sam

SamBrisbane

Worst Sunburn i have ever had. Do not buy!

Disgusting this is cancer council sunscreen

Both my husband and I used this sunscreen liberally whilst out at the beach for 2 hours. We were both burnt despite the application. Thankfully we had applied another brand to our 20 month old toddler who did not get burnt. This sunscreen is going in the BIN! Will never buy again.

Matt

MattBrisbane

Cancer Council Ultra SPF50+ applied more than recommended, yet we all still burned

This item should not be on the shelves! We purchased this as it was on sale, in future we wont be making that mistake again. We all applied this product generously and well within the 2 hours recommended yet we all still badly burned to the point of blisters! My wife used another companies SPF50+ on her face which completely protected her face but the rest of her body is severely burned with blisters

Bel

BelBeaconsfield

Never use this product!!!

I made sure that we applied a thick layer of this sunscreen every hour, and unfortunately we still ended up getting burnt. The product should be pulled from the shelves.

Melly

MellyMelbourne

Terrible sunburn

As others have described, my husband and I applied the 50+ sunscreen every hour and we’re severly burnt. Disappointed in this sunscreen. It should be discontinued.

Bad sunburn

My daughter got the worst sunburn ,So disappointed it was 50+ Cancer Council. This product should be taken of the market. I will never be using Cancer council sunscreen again.not happy

Should not use if you live in any climate with heat

Here I am thinking I’ll enjoy a nice summers day in my backyard. I apply the spf 50 sport sunscreen, wait 30 minutes because I I’ve been caught out by that trick before. Go out in my garden thinking I’m going to be well protected by the lotion, I am very wrong. Two days later I’m applying prescribed steroid cream because I have 2nd degree burns to my back and legs. If anything this sunscreen magnifies UV, definitely do not recommend.

Worst stuff ever invented

“Cancer Council” they say, does absolutely nothing. Applied 5 times in one day yet still got burnt in every place i applied it. I do not recommend this stuff as it is fake advertising.

Yes... you burn. With 50+

Like others I’m quite shocked that the ‘cancer council’ lends their name to such a terrible product. Despite wearing 50+ and reapplying I also burned after 90 mins or so in the sun. Avoid this product.

Ben

BenGlen Iris

Badly burnt

In Noosa and using Ultra 50+. My wife had burnt shoulders despite detailed thorough application. I got badly burnt so was particularly cautious today. Now I’m even worse. I have never left poor reviews of products but this is a warning to those looking to purchase this. I’m binning the $50 spent on a variety of these products and going back to Hamilton, a product I never should have left but thought Cancer Council would be the absolute best. How wrong I was. Just glad it was me and not my 3 year old and 4 month old sun.

Daughter burnt terribly

We used cancer council 50+ on my daughter, applied it and reapplied another 3 times - she has never been so burnt. She has blisters the size of 50cent pieces. It is so upsetting.

Rash

Both my children have developed a rash after using this sunscreen. My daughter woke up with puffy eyes and face the following day too.
Diagnosis - contact dermatitis.
Terrible product - clearly a number of people affected and I wish I had googled the screen first.
Buy another product!

Please do not use! Horrible rash on my son's face.

We have the Cancer Council 50+ sunscreen and it has left my son with a horrible rash on both his cheeks a day after using said sunscreen - he looks like he has slapcheek it's that bad. His skin is red raw and bumpy. I'm horrified and I'm kicking myself I didn't read any reviews before purchasing. It's going in the bin. Please don't use this on anyone especially your children.

JONH

JONHMelbourne

Problems when trying to use..Will not purchase again.

I carry sunscreen in my excursion pack to top up protection periodically during the day..
Two years ago I got caught short when on two occasions the 50+ roll on would not apply. That's 2 failures. The manufacturer replaced and a bit more after I returned to Australia.
This year same again with the 50+ Active Dry touch. The pump would not deliver product as it had congealed inside. This was extremely annoying particularly as it was thrice burnt and now forever shy of using Cancer Council sunscreen again. Replacement product was offered but declined

s sydney

s sydneysydney

My must have for all water sports

SPF 50+ Watersport spray is my must have when I travel for watersport event. so easy to apply and you don't feel sticky afterward. I followed the instruction: apply every 2 hours and no sunburnt

Do not buy Cancer Council sunscreen

I recently went to Sumatra and bought the Cancer Council Watersport 50+ sunscreen. I got fried for the first two days and then started using my friends’ sunscreens - 3 different brands. I did not get burnt again. This is a terrible product. It is astonishing that the Cancer Council gives their name to a product that could increase your chance of cancer.

Worst sunscreen ever used.

My son applied regularly and he has the worst sunburn that i have seen. So disappointed in Cancer Council. This product should be taken of the market. I will never be using Cancer council sunscreen again.

Meggs

Meggsasked

I applied Cancer Council 50+ yesterday afternoon and inadvertently rubbed it into my left eye. The stinging was painful and I was unable to open my eye for several hours. I did wash it out with water which helped a little. However this morning my eye is still not right and my vision is blurry. What can I do?

Vanessa
Vanessa

I would go to a GP and get some antibiotic drops u have an infection / irritation

Lawrence

Lawrenceasked

I am using Cancer Council SPF50+, particularly on my arms when I play golf.

This season I have had a sharp reaction: blotchy red marks, skin irritation, itchiness. In previous years I have used a different brand with NO reaction at all.

Is it the Cancer Council sunscreen? I don't know, but can't think of any other possible source. It has been persisting for a month now, and has barely eased after I stopped using the sunscreen and took to wearing long sleeved shirts.

Next stop is to see my doctor.

BURNTBEYONDBELIEF

BURNTBEYONDBELIEFasked

having purchased Cancer Council 50+ sport sunscreen as the usual brands of Ego and Hamilton that I buy were not available I have been disgusted and appalled. Used it for the first and last time yesterday and got extremely burnt whilst outdoors and not in direct sun for a little over an hour. I have had the skin condition of vitiligo for most of my life, 42 years so the lack of protection was especially damaging. I would like to know why this product is even on the market given your lack of reputable quality testing, or at least clear and explicit warnings at point of sale.

Get an answer from our members and Cancer Council representatives