CareSuper

Used to be good - now bad

We have been with Caresuper for a about 5 years, and they used to be one of the top industry funds - No more. The returns for the last year have been below industry averages/benchmarks. In addition, the new online account access /app is a disgrace, very buggy, slow and unreliable. Time to move to another fund......

Hi John, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand this has been a frustrating experience for our members and we appreciate your taking the taking the time to raise your concerns with us. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We know that members expect high quality digital services from us and we're sorry we're not meeting that expectation right now. We're keen to investigate this further and share your feedback with our digital team. You can send us an email with any specific examples of what you're experiencing to social@caresuper.com.au and we'll pass it on. Regards, CareSuper

Thinking of joining? DON'T!

Dodgy, arbitrary moneygrubbing rules: Delayed cancelling my insurance policy for one whole month, sighting invalid signatures on cancellation forms. The forms were signed by hand, scanned and emailled. They demanded an original physical form signed with a pen - what is this, the 1800s?
SURPRISE: Gouged me for an extra month’s premiums in the process.

Lousy customer service: I specifically requested confirmation of the cancellation, received nothing. I had to follow up multiple times.

Waste money on unnecessary marketing/”free” lectures: Perhaps they should spend less money on ridiculous celebrity marketing campaigns and “free” information sessions and lectures, and more on customer service, or REDUCE OUR FEES.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

[Edit: the fees and premiums mentioned above were refunded, but only after this review came to their attention.]

Still no answer !!!

OMG well I have rang and spoke to someone again just over 2 weeks ago requesting paperwork again to be told they were very sorry for the delay and that I could expect it in 3 to 5working days. Well still no show , what an absolute joke. Then they ask you to stay on the line for a quick survey......don’t think so. Maybe nice on the phone but still no action. I also along with obviously a lot of other disgruntled customers will be heading elsewhere.

Hi Debra, We're sorry to hear you still haven't received the paperwork. We'd like to escalate this to a senior member of our Operations team to investigate why there has been a hold up. If you'd like to email your contact details to our Social Media team at social@caresuper.com.au, we can investigate this for you and have this resolved for you ASAP. Regards, CareSuper

Not Happy At All.

Hubby & I are very longterm members.The recent login app is disgraceful. Apparently we’re both unable to login under the one and only email address we have (although we both have different membership numbers). Have lodged many complaints but I.T can’t fix it. Bye bye Care very shortly as this is pathetic. As far as the massive increase in insurance costs go, well that’s even more deplorable. They can fit it where the sun don’t shine. After all these years, it’s a terrible shame.

Hi Ally, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand this has been a frustrating experience for you and we appreciate your taking the taking the time to raise your concerns with us. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. If we can provide further information regarding the new login process or discuss your options under our new insurance design, please send an email to our social media team at social@caresuper.com.au so we can escalate your feedback to a senior member of our team. Regards, CareSuper

Where is my Pension Account, where is my money??????

Having been with CareSuper for 30 years I decided I would apply for a Pension account now I have retired. I submitted the paperwork on 3rd July and having not heard from anyone at Care to confirm account would be opened I phoned on the 18th July only to be told that I would not receive my first payment on the 22nd of July as the account would not be activated until the 20th July. When I signed into Member Online my Super account was and still is there showing a ZERO balance. [name removed] in advocacy told me he would call on Monday 22nd to confirm account activated and we agreed that I could then do a transfer and my pension payments would officially start from 22nd August. He did as he said and called on Monday however he could see my Pension account but I could not and still can't see it online. After a number of phone calls this week (my version of Gone with the Wind or should I say Gone with my Super) I have now been told that the account has not been linked correctly and will not be fixed until next Tuesday, 30th July. I have also been told I can fill out a form to make a claim. I do not want to fill out a form I want to see my Pension account with my money in it. So what do I do now, what do I say? No, I know what to say 'NOT GOOD ENOUGH'. I question how many other members this has happened to and they do not realize if they have not checked their account online!!!
PS Thank you [name removed] you tried to fix the problem for me.

Hi Anne, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand this has been a frustrating experience for you and we appreciate your taking the taking the time to raise your concerns with us. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. If there's anything further we can help with, please send an email to our social media team at social@caresuper.com.au so we can escalate your feedback to a senior member of our team. Regards, CareSuper

Wish I could get an answer?

Have been with Care for over 25 years and my husband for 15. All seems ok until you need to talk to someone. I rang 2 and a half weeks ago to speak to someone and asked for some paperwork to be sent to me so I could have a look at the insurance premiums properly as the fees have risen dramatically and the cover has dropped. Looks like I will have to waste more time on the phone and hope that maybe they will send what I asked for. Very disappointing to say the least .

Income Protection
Hi Debra, We're sorry to hear it's taken so long for us to respond to you. We'd like to escalate this to a senior member of our Operations team and resolve this for you ASAP. If you'd like to email your contact details to our Social Media team at social@caresuper.com.au, we can investigate this for you and expedite your request. Regards, CareSuper

Doubled My Insurances because of a "Significant Event"

My collective insurances were $2346 for fixed death and fixed total and permanent disablement. I then get a significant event letter simply telling me that at the end of July my premium for same cover will rise to $5470.

I am over 50 and Care Super is simply gouging me because they know once you get over 50 your options to move to a new provider and get insurances again is slim to nothing.

Absolute hostage takers in my opinion and taking advantage of older folk who dont have the options younger people have.

No bad experiences - ever

I've been a member for the past 5 years. They were incredibly helpful and friendly when I signed up, explained things to me in simple to understand terms to help me know what I was getting with my super and haven't ever had a problem since. Just today I had to call to get some information about changing to a new employer and get some of my questions answered and the service I received was great. I was only waiting for 2 min or less. The lady I spoke with, took my details and then even went to the ATO website to find the form that I was trying to fill in and helped me each step of the way. I call that going above and beyond normal "read-from-a-script" help!

I know that my issue isn't as complex as maybe some other people or as involved, but I think it's important to state the positive as well as the negative when/where possible. For me, CareSuper is the right choice and I hope I always get the level of service and kindness that I received today.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, we appreciate your positive comments and look forward to providing you with more great service. Regards, CareSuper

Run the other way

Dropped my insurance cover by $20000 then doubled the premium.....i guess they hope customers wont notice the changes to current insurance coverage or the new premiums. Time to shop around i guess.

Income Protection

Dreadful - doesn't deserve one star

I don't even know where to begin! This company, in their infinite wisdom decided to transfer to a new system that took THREE MONTHS to install and is worse than the previous system. And if you want to call and ask a question, forget it. You'll be on hold for a week. But wait, you can make an online query, only don't expect them to get back to you inside a year. They took their LIVE trading platform offline for TWO MONTHS, so God forbid there'd been a market crash or any sort of black swan event and you needed to act fast. This system shouldn't be offline for a minute, let alone weeks, clear proof that they don't understand the product they are offering. Their trading system is now more basic than before and my total balance doesn't even update properly, no advanced charting, but there's no point calling them because NO ONE WILL EVER ANSWER. They have a cute little sign on their home page saying we are so terribly sorry that it's taking ages to answer your calls. Yeah, really sorry. If they were sorry they'd employ more people to answer calls!! I also did the direct callback thing and am still waiting three days later for a callback. Today the whole website is down - big surprise - so I can't make any changes or check my balance, which incidentally doesn't correspond with the changes in my Direct Investment share portfolio. If you are thinking of changing to care super, you would be well advised to steer very clear.

Hi Jane, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We recognise that you've experienced a number of issues with your account and trying to get in touch with us has been unnecessarily complicated recently - we're sorry we've let you down. This is well below the high level of service we usually provide to our members. We've raised your feedback with our Product and Operations Teams, who manage the platform behind Direct Investment option, and we'd like to investigate this further for you so we can resolve your balance and online access issues. Can you please email us at social@caresuper.com.au with your details so we can resolve this for you? Hope to hear from you. Regards, CareSuper

Personal contribution no go!

I wanted some extra information in how to make a personal contribution into my super.
Rang on Monday, half hour wait, I had to board my flight, and I hung up.
Rang later that afternoon, ask for a callback, but newer received a callback.
Tried to ring again on Wednesday morning, ask again for a callback, but you guessed it ......no reply.
Tried to ring at 4 pm,.........phone line dead!
Left a message on the Website to Email me back........no reply Email yet.
Ring on Thursday, stayed on the line for an half hour, finally came through.
Now they are telling me the cut off date for a BPAY personal contribution was YESTERDAY (Wed. 26 June)
Looking on the website I could not find any information in how to make a personal contribution via BPAY, but to ring a number, and then it will lead to this saga.
Then they ask to me to ring a telephone number, after my negative response on the phone survey, ......and yes after a 20 min. wait I hung up being fed up, not able to place money into my super, for the end of the fin. year.
I spent roughly 2 hours on the phone with result 0, no call backs, no reply on Email.
Thinking seriously for another super fund.......terrible service!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand the frustration our members have been experiencing and appreciate you letting us know about your experience. We appreciate your taking the taking the time to raise your concerns with us and apologise for any inconvenience caused. If there's anything further we can help with, please send an email to our social media team at social@caresuper.com.au so we can escalate your feedback to a senior member of our team. Regards, CareSuper

Bad Tech and bad customer service

They changed their online services a couple of months ago. I'll admit it did need an upgrade, but no information was transferred to the new system. Had to go through the process of setting up a new online account. Bit of a stuff around but not a big deal.

The new system is too slow to log in. After entering the log in details, it sends a verification code that you need to enter to continue. Nothing groundbreaking here. Lots of systems require this added security measure now. The problem is the code is only valid for 10 minutes and I have yet to receive it before it expires! I can't get into the system. I know the problem is not at my end. To test this, while waiting for the code I have logged into another site that uses a verification code and it arrived almost instantly. The CareSuper system just isn't generating the code or sending it fast enough to be able to log in.

When I called to try and get into my account. After the usual corporate accepted but not publicly accepted standard of customers service of making me wait on hold to over an hour while listening to messages saying how important my call was, I finally got through. The solution offered was that each time I would like to log in, I should call them and they will send me a link to do a password reset, which comes through quicker from their email. This will get me access.

How is this a solution? I have to sit on hold for an hour and reset my password every time I want to log in. When I said I was not willing to do this, they said they would transfer me to someone else that could help. This was of course just a way of getting rid of me. I was put back into the waiting queue. Left my number for a call back when my turn came up. Nothing yet 2 hours 18 minutes.

Hooray! While I've been waiting, I finally had a verification code come through before it expired (just). It only took 9 tries.

For the record. The reason I was trying to log in to my account was to try and do something myself (turns out I can't), that I had put in an email/webform. I had received an automated email response that said they would get back to me "within two working days". That was 7 weeks ago today.

Their Contact Us page carries the heading "Getting in touch is easy". From my experience, not by email, phone or online. Maybe I should try post..... 2 hours 44 minutes still haven't made it to the head of the queue.

Hi Mick, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're disappointed to hear about your online experiences and have passed this feedback to our Digital Team for investigation. We know that members expect high quality digital services from us and we're sorry we're not meeting that expectation right now. We're keen to investigate this further and resolve this for you - if you'd like to email us at social@caresuper.com.au we can look at your account details to see how we can sort this out for you. Regards, CareSuper

Holding My Money. Deducting Fees. Wont release to new super fund!! OUTRAGED!!

So these guys are the absolute worst ever. If you try and consolidate/move your super through any means, ATO, new super fund etc they will break you. They have sent me around in circles for 9 months requesting proof that I am the account holder. They have an online systems which you need to sign into with a password, yet no option to release the super or close the account. I can send requests to them from this account but it holds no weight in proving my identity. They ignore every attachment of my drivers license and other proof of ID sent. They need me to call in to prove my identity. Do they have voice recognition or are they just wasting time, knowing i work full time, so they can continue to deduct the fees. I have not contributed to this fund for over 2 years and they have taken over 2,500 worth of fees from me in that time and a future 250 since my request to release my money in October. I called them twice today, the first time they offered me a call back when there were 21 calls in front of me... 4 hours later, no call back. I have now been on hold for 1 hour, wouldn't be surprised if i get cut off soon as that is another tactic a struggling company might use to wear me down in the hopes i will give up and they will slowly eat my super fund because i don't have the hours in the day to go through this process.
Consumer affairs, here i come. I have no other option left. i worked hard for that money. this is not fair.

Income Protection
Hi Kate, we're sorry to hear it's taken so long to process your request. We'd like to escalate this to a senior member of our Operations team and resolve this for you ASAP. If you'd like to email your contact details to our Social Media team at social@caresuper.com.au, we can investigate this for you and expedite your request. We aim to process all transactions as quickly and efficiently as possible, so we're disappointed to hear your experience hasn't been to our standards. Regards, CareSuperOhhh right. The same comment to everyone’s issues. Wow you guys are caring. Lol! Change your company name please it’s disgustingly misleading. I have already escalated the issue to your customer advocate team (why do you need an advocate team? Just fix/humanise your company) also I have lodged a complaint with Consumer Affairs. You made a spelling error on my name which is why you won’t release my super to my new super fund. Meanwhile taking fees. That person doesn’t exist but your happy to take the money with out trying to find out who the account belongs to. I match every other security requirement yet you now need me to “post” yes, POST (1999 styles) you a form with my birth certificate, I need that verified by a police officer and then I must wait for you to process it. Which could just “get lost” like all my emails and call backs did, unless I pay for registered mail. I also tried to stop the insurance funds from coming out while this archaic process is happening, to lower the amount of my money you can steal. But of course that is also a form to be posted. And get this crazy situation... I can’t send the two forms in together because they go to different addresses. So if the “cancel my insurance” form gets processed before the “name change/you got my name wrong form” then it will be rejected and the whole process will start again. You are literally stealing my super slowly and using circular and archaic paperwork policies to prevent me from getting away from you. If I die before this process is over my family will be denied my super because of a spelling mistake YOU MADE. < which I can prove. $2500 and counting. You going to reimburse that for me?

Poor customer service

Hung up after 30 minutes in the queue ss there was hardly any change in the queue number. Now they are introducing excessively high premiums. This fund has changed to an administrator that offers very poor service. Once I transfer my insurance I'll be leaving the fund.

Income Protection
Hi David, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry for the long delays you've faced. As discussed with you today, a senior member of our Insurance team will be calling you to discuss your concerns. If you have any other questions, just let us know. Regards, CareSuper

Bad service

Rang up Tuesday around 2.30 pm to make an inquiry re my insurance as I received an email from Caresuper.
The auto phone service tells me that I'm 7th on the queue. Hang up and they'll give me a ring if my turn come.
It's already Wednesday night and I'm still waiting for my call.
Try to ring them up the line is busy.
Total disregard for the welfare of their client.

Hi Bill, we're sorry for the ongoing delays you've experienced - we know our members expect better from us. Are you still waiting to hear from us? We can organise for someone to call you back about your insurance query. Just email your details to us at social@caresuper.com.au and we'll be in touch. Regards, CareSuperOf course I'am still waiting to hear from you. You haven't answer my query. I'll email my details to you. Hope to receive a response from you.I already send my details but you haven't call back.

Tired of waiting on hold on the phone with 39 cLls in front of me

It doesn’t matter what time of the day we call.. sick & tired of waiting in the line with many many calls in front of me.. there’s never just 8 or 10.. lately in the 30s in front of me... come on care.. you take these super fees from us.. & don’t put enough people on to take calls...also I gave my details for a call back last week.. heard nothing back..one more thing.. fix you’re website so we can work to do online..think we had better change companies

Income Protection
Hi Julie, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We agree that waiting so long to get through to us is well below the expectations most members have, and we're sorry for the delays you experienced. If you're still waiting to hear from us, we can organise to give you a call back so we can help you resolve your query. You can email our Social Media Team on social@caresuper.com.au and we'll arrange for someone to get back to you. Regards, CareSuper

CareSuper does NOT want your money

It is interesting to find a Super company that does NOT want me to contribute to the fund. On 8 May 2019 I sent an enquiry to CareSuper on how I could make a pre-tax contribution to my super. Since then all I have received is conflicting information. One lot of advice tells me to fill in a particular form. The next tells me the form they supplied was not correct. Maybe I need to go elsewhere before the end of the FY.

Hi Gary, we'd like to apologise for the conflicting information you've received - we're sorry for the confusion and we know how important it is to get this right so your contributions are processed correctly. Our Operations team would like more information so we can investigate this for you and let you know exactly what's required. This will also help us improve our service and make sure we get things right in future. If you'd like to email us with a few more details, we can look into what happened - please contact us at social@caresuper.com.au so we can follow this up. If you have any other feedback, please let us know. Thanks for raising your concerns with us. Regards, CareSuperGood Morning, you should be able to examine the communications chain between myself (from 8 May), and the rote responses I received from your service desk personnel. My first contact was very clear regarding my circumstances and requirements, and yet I feel like no one actually read what I had said and reverted to a 'standard' reply. The final frustration (it was drawn out over a long time) was when I was convinced to complete a form in support of my requirement - which I did, only to receive a following message a few days later telling me I needed my employer to submit the form - when I had previously explained a number of times that I was self -employed. While I appreciate you getting back to me I think that you need to address the quality of the responses provided by service desk staff. There appears to be very little attention paid to specifically answering customer enquiries. Thank youHi Gary, We appreciate the frustration and conflicting information you've been provided and want to urgently look into the communications between yourself and our staff. If you could send us a quick email (or even a direct message on here) with your full name, address and date of birth (and your best contact number), we can then locate your specific account and investigate why the wrong information was provided - and ensure you're able to make a pre-tax contribution before the end of the financial year. We'll escalate the issue to a senior member of our team to ensure it's investigated as quickly as possible. We hope to hear from you soon. Regards, CareSuper

Deserves no star's.

Caresuper has let me down immensely. When compared to Hesta they're professionalism and ethical nature leaves much to be desired. Extremely scary company to deal with in regards to being in possession of my hard earned money. Zero stars. And that's saying it nicely!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand the frustration our members have been experiencing and would like to discuss your feedback in further detail. Please email us at social@caresuper.com.au so we can escalate your feedback to a senior member of our team. We appreciate your taking the taking the time to raise your concerns with us and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Regards, CareSuperI was lied to and what I consider treated like a fool when constantly calling to have my financial hardship payment finalized. The passing the buck to other areas of the workplace was unbelievable. I had done the same claim the previous year with Hesta and they needed no (hard copies of anything.) Therefore you were making the process drag out on purpose. If Hesta didn't need ANY hardcopies than the legislative requirements were not in line with your practices. I see the only reason for this is to use the funds for the extra time to make what you could off them whilst I waited for my own money to get to me. You have no comeback! Don't you dare try to tell me I am wrong or I will take it further.Hi, we're sorry for the ongoing delays and frustrations you experienced with your claim and that we couldn't process it as quickly as you needed. If you'd like to take this matter further, please let us know. You're welcome to raise a formal complaint about how we handled your request. We'll investigate the incident and provide you with a written response. You can also raise a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority - we've outlined more about your options on our website here: https://www.caresuper.com.au/contact-us If you have any other questions about this matter, email us at social@caresuper.com.au Regards, CareSuper

Better Now

Had heaps of trouble with the new platform but it is finally working. Hopefully will be plain sailing from here.

Thanks to customer service staff, did their best but were hampered by teething problems

Am happy with Care returns over a number of years

Hi Lou, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and glad to hear we were able to help you with getting access to your online account. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us again if there's anything further we can assist with. Regards, CareSuper

What a bungle

I have been with Care Super over 10 years. So Care Super migrated their clients to a new software system. Given many could not log on such as myself when the planned completion date came around, those affected were waiting longer. No one longer than me I believe because Care Super said on their website you can log on using your member account or pension account under the old system.

I wasn't able to log on under my member account (I received an error message), so I tried the pension account number and was successful. Problem was my account balance was run down to zero at the time of the blackout period. Hence when I logged onto my new account the website displayed a zero balance. This was because my old pension account was flagged as inactive and therefore did not pick up any related account balances. So last week when I called up I was told it was an issue that had to be fixed and sent back to their software people.

Greatest issue for me was my brother died 2 weeks ago and I have to pay for his funeral expenses within this week. I was told last week I could only do a paper withdrawal,which I did and sent it by express post. I am told it was uploaded last Thursday to their new so called "improved system". Then I was told it takes 7 to 10 business bays to be processed, which leaves me in the lurch. I asked the payment to be expedited but guess what no funds yet.

So Care Super, seems NOT TO CARE. As soon as my brother's funeral is over I will be closing my accounts and transferring my funds to Australian Super I think. FYI I have been managing my brothers super online there for a number of years. An online withdrawal with them has always been paid within 3 business days.

So you decide.

Enough said.

Hi RC, we're very sorry to hear about the delays and issues we've caused. We recognise this is a distressing time and we've put you through a lot of unnecessary stress and frustration. We've escalated your comments to a senior member of our team who is working on making sure we pay your claim as soon as possible. If you'd like to get in touch with us to confirm your details, that would help us speed things up. Please email us at social@caresuper.com.au. We'll also raise this matter with our Complaints Team which means you'll receive a formal response from us. Regards, CareSuper