Catlux Softwood Clumping

Catlux Softwood Clumping

See the Best Cat Litter in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Catlux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sarebear
Sarebear

Tracks terribly

Odour control is amazing, produces very little dust and it’s easy to set up.
Unfortunately it tracks terribly. We use a covered litter tray and I even have one of those mats that traps litter at the entry of her litter box and that normally traps any stray litter. However that doesn’t help at all with this type of litter.
Also, it doesn’t clump.

Purchased in at Coles for $7.50.

GizzyduckSouth East Queensland, QLD

My kittens love it...

I started them using a different litter but after 2 days the smell of urine was so strong our kittens started using our bathroom sink.....this had to stop.
Tried Catlux they absolutely love it...they wont use the previous litter at all. No smell. Clumps well but it does stick to the bottom of the litter tray so just need to be careful not to break up the clumps....no biggie...
Cost efficient....haven't changed it in 3 weeks.... Just need to top it up when required.
Does track a bit but about as much as the other litter.
Easy to dispose of down the toilet....just make sure you don't flush down more than recommended amount.

Purchased in at Big W for $20.

Jon
JonThe Mallee, VIC

Not that great

I like that it's light eco friendly, it's not bad with controlling the odours. However ever the bag only lasted about a week, with the clumping not being so great, the clump would stick to the bottom and would just fall apart when you try scoop it out.

Purchased at Petbarn Online store for $34.99.

Deborah
Deborah Mid North Coast, NSW

Fabulous Cat Litter

I find Catlux the best ,and have tried many brands.
the other brand I will use is more expensive made of soy. I use a plastic rake scoop and air the litter out side under cover during the day.

Purchased in at Woolworths Physical store for $8.

Yue C.
Yue C.South East Queensland, QLD

It does not clump !

Should not be called clumping litter while it does not clump at all. I have no idea how to scoop the litter out as it just collapse. Easy to be tracked as well. Very disappointed.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $6.90.

Kristian
KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Terrible tracking, does not clump at all

Purchased in at Petbarn for $25.59.

Deanna
DeannaSydney, NSW

Best Litter

This is the go to litter if you are having trouble litter training a cat. My older rescue cat who was severely abused and had no idea about toileting learnt how to use a litter box with catlux. My rescue kittens learn FIRST time with this litter. It is very gentle on their paws and claws and conceals odours well. Plus it is very easy to see when and where it has clumped for quick cleaning. Also it's all natural and fully biodegradable. I have tried crystal litter, clumping clay, newspaper pellets etc and nothing compares to catlux. However it is more expensive than the other litters.

Purchased at Woolworths for $7.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Liz
LizSydney, NSW

Biodegradable but tracks everywhere

The mess from this litter spreading Zarounf the house is absolutely dreadful. Do not use in a house at all. It creates a huge amount of work in cleaning Such a shame

Purchased in at Direct Vet Supplies.

Susan
Susan

Best kitty litter I have used.

Excellent odour control and as someone with a back injury,it is lovely and light to carry. I love that I can flush it down the toilet, but really, the reason I love it is the lack of smell. I live in a small unit and you would no know that I had kitty litter inside the house.

Purchased at Coles for $6.50.

Rozzie
RozzieSydney, NSW

Perfect for my cat

My cat would not do her number 2 in her litter tray she always did it on the concrete in her day area or the laundry floor as she is a house cat.
Doing a wee in her tray was fine I tried everything all different types of cat litter to get her to use it for her doing all of her business in the tray Lol finally I found this one and yayyyy she now does all of her business in her tray
I am so happy, I worked out with it being soft on her paws she is comfortable it is also very easy to clean each day and has no smell I am very very happy thank you.
I bought it from Coles but they don’t carry much stock so I may have to buy on line.

Purchased in at Coles for $7.

Dale Cormack
Dale CormackSouth East Queensland, QLD

By Grapthar's Cat Litter, what a savings.

Definitely one of the better options. My cat likes to scratch and dig a lot, unless I shoo her away. I try to stay on top of cleaning up. I found upgrading to the jumbo size tray, and adding some cardboard walls on three sides, has made an awsome difference in keeping the area tidy too.

Purchased for $500,000.

Snowy Girl
Snowy GirlSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible mess and tracking

This litter is very light and makes no noise. My long haired kitty is a mad digger and this stuff flies all over the bathroom when she digs in her box then it sticks to her fur and she tracks it all over the house and sneezes. It absorbs but sticks to the bottom of the tray. The good thing is the scent and how it captures the odor. We are on septic so can't flush it so it went on the rose garden. It's not the litter for us.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $6.

Find out how Catlux Softwood Clumping compares to other Cat Litter

Leaves no urine odours wafting through the air. Fresher smelling home.

I have found it has the best odour control compared to other types I've tried over the years. I found some other litters to be quite stinky and could barely stand the smell while cleaning them out. I'm very happy with this one so far. A little tracking but I found no more than other brands. A little sweep keeps it neat. The odour control has won me over. I also appreciate that it doesn't clump into a gooey, stinky, sticky mess, like some others do. For me, it clumps just enough for easy removal and disposal and my house smells so much better and fresher now. Love that.

Purchased in at Coles.

Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does clump.

Contrary to what other reviewers have experienced, this litter does clump. I have had no issues with it not clumping. I've found it's easier to to pick up/sift the clumps by giving the tray a few shakes to separate the clumps from the loose litter. I only flush the solids. The litter bin doesn't have much of an odour with only wet clumps inside. I don't find it messy or particularly dusty.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $6.70.

Karen A.
Karen A.

Fantastic for a quick scoop and flush

Most litters cause issues with the toilet system when flushed, but catlux is amazing. I can scoop and flush as soon as I notice the cat has gone. This keeps household odours down, and the kitty litter lasts much longer.

Purchased in at Coles for $7.