CBHS Health Fund

CBHS Health Fund

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Horrible - not value for money!

They do show you how much you actually get back clearly. For example - optical. You only get 90% back of what you paid even you have full benefit left in your account. This 90% is not written anywhere in the product info when you join. Bupa and Medibank private will show you clearly 70%, 80% etc, but CBHS does not. Very annoying. So as the fitness when you get "health management". Again only up to 90% so there is always a nasty gap that it is not informed in advance. Not happy at all!

Under 30No
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Jane

JaneVictoria

Very bad customer service !

Plan CoverageExtras Only
FRUSTRATED MOVER

FRUSTRATED MOVERSydney, NSW

Disgusting, rude, arrogant, no manners and totally unhelpful

Yuly

Yuly

Avoid at all cost

Bought the visitor cover, which actually covers nothing. Provided all the documents they requested for account closure and guess what, they didn't close it at all. Direct debit charges keep coming to my bank account. Seriously, stay way from such a scam.

goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

Good product but poor customer service

The wait times are so long just to speak to someone. At this time of the year they should be employing more staff. They are very slow on acting on completing transfer certifcates

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Tony M

Tony MMelbourne

Extremely expensive, customer service very poor and not interested in truly keeping existing customers.

Expensive and unhelpful, they constantly reminded me about my son turning 18 years old and that premiums will go up. I called them and had it sorted but they still kept texting me afterwards.

Coverage TypeFamily

Not worth it

Didn't honour the waiting period even though one of their blogs mentioned it. When pointed they simply said it's the blog of their sister site. Customer service hard to reach. Their policy doesn't cover most things.

MegWeddo

MegWeddoNsw, 2570

Cannot find better value or cover

Since 2006, i have been a longstanding member of cbhs, we are a family of five. One of our kids is special needs and she has had multiple surgeries and is in & out of hospital and drs. I have had all three kids privately with my own ob, in a private maternity hospital. All covered. Absolutely nothing to worry about!! I have made multiple claims too many to count to be honest and its very rare i need to be out of pocket.
I have done comparison’s and cannot find a better deal at all, no excess, comparible rates and the benefits of our own doctors. Something that is important to our family!

Insurance claim madeYes
Tillie

TillieBrisbane

Not worth it

I have been with CBHS for nearly two years. I inquired into whether I was covered for the most minor procedure. The lady told me that the level of cover is basically just designed for people to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge.

I think with a premium of $190 per month for my partner and I, we should at least be covered for something!

Considering HCF under the same policy and same level of premium I would have been covered.

Kris

KrisMelbourne

Very Good

The policy was easy to setup and was very good value for money. We dont pay anything out of pocket for general dental.

Insurance claim madeNo

Doesn't cover private hospital theater while other does

I think cbhs is worth it when you first join and want to ditch the 12 months wait, otherwise it is rubbish. I purchased the basic hospital cover, which didn't cover private hospital theater, which I needed later on. My insurance specialist told me that my insurance literally covered for nothing.... With $20 extra a MONTH I could have gone with hbf which covers theater fees. This made me realise what a mistake it was to stick with CHBS. They screwed me over.

Either stay with higher cover or get out!

tiM1