CBHS Health Fund

1.4

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (2)
Merve Bukcuoglu

Merve BukcuogluGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I lost $ 5900 in two days because of customer service

Claim MadeNo

imran.gzrgb

imran.gzrgbPerth, WA

Beware!!! They Try To Steal

I closed my account few days ago by emailing them how much do I owe for the remaining 2 days until I leave Australia. They said $4.18 which I paid.
Next email they send is oh your account is in arrears of $63.35 because your last payment wasn't processed.
Liars!!! my last payment was $126.70 for two months and it went through and was updated in my online account as well. That's the reason I was asked to pay another $4.18 to close the account because of two extra days I was going to stay in Australia.
Stay away from these Scammers!

Clio

ClioGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service & will do anything to get out paying a claim

I setup a hospital and extras policy with CBHS earlier this year. I had to go into hospital for an unexpected event a couple of months ago which was covered through my policy. I met all the requirements including the waiting period. They denied my claim and I was treated so poorly by the staff members over the phone. I've had the worst experience with CBHS. Please do yourself a favor and do not set up a policy with them to save yourself heartache at claim time.

1 Star is literally way too high- avoid at all costs

Anonymous

AnonymousSYDNEY

Terrible experience, cancelled with them

Claim MadeNo
Trii N.

Trii N.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible experience, ended up cancelling on them

Morteza

MortezaSydney, NSW

The worst OSHC ever

1 star is too much for this.

I purchased this policy for 1 year and I used this just one time for a GP and blood test which cost me around $400 and CBHS paid me less than $170 !!! You can not find providers in their website/app and you just need to call them and they may offer you to see a few doctors in Sydney which is disappointing.
Choosing this company is the biggest mistake ever and I definitely recommend everyone to go for whatever insurance company except this annoying one.

Claim MadeYes
Jana I.

Jana I.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Go anywhere but here!

The worst experience from sign up to cancellation. Not a single thing went smoothly, including sign up taking over 6 weeks, they make it near on impossible to pay by credit card, use snail mail that is always late, even trying to cancel my policy after 1.5 very patient years as a customer took a month and was then done incorrectly! Premiums are expensive compared to many other funds, and you do not get the service you deserve for the price! Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

Been with them 2 months and now going back to my previous insurer

M N

M NSydney, NSW

I hope this company burns to the ground

PBS

PBS

Horrible - not value for money!

They do show you how much you actually get back clearly. For example - optical. You only get 90% back of what you paid even you have full benefit left in your account. This 90% is not written anywhere in the product info when you join. Bupa and Medibank private will show you clearly 70%, 80% etc, but CBHS does not. Very annoying. So as the fitness when you get "health management". Again only up to 90% so there is always a nasty gap that it is not informed in advance. Not happy at all!

Jane

JaneVictoria

Very bad customer service !

FRUSTRATED MOVER

FRUSTRATED MOVERSydney, NSW

Disgusting, rude, arrogant, no manners and totally unhelpful

Yuly

Yuly

Avoid at all cost

Bought the visitor cover, which actually covers nothing. Provided all the documents they requested for account closure and guess what, they didn't close it at all. Direct debit charges keep coming to my bank account. Seriously, stay way from such a scam.

goldcoastlady

goldcoastladySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product but poor customer service

The wait times are so long just to speak to someone. At this time of the year they should be employing more staff. They are very slow on acting on completing transfer certifcates

Tony M

Tony MMelbourne

Extremely expensive, customer service very poor and not interested in truly keeping existing customers.

Expensive and unhelpful, they constantly reminded me about my son turning 18 years old and that premiums will go up. I called them and had it sorted but they still kept texting me afterwards.

Not worth it

Didn't honour the waiting period even though one of their blogs mentioned it. When pointed they simply said it's the blog of their sister site. Customer service hard to reach. Their policy doesn't cover most things.

MegWeddo

MegWeddoNsw, 2570

Cannot find better value or cover

Since 2006, i have been a longstanding member of cbhs, we are a family of five. One of our kids is special needs and she has had multiple surgeries and is in & out of hospital and drs. I have had all three kids privately with my own ob, in a private maternity hospital. All covered. Absolutely nothing to worry about!! I have made multiple claims too many to count to be honest and its very rare i need to be out of pocket.
I have done comparison’s and cannot find a better deal at all, no excess, comparible rates and the benefits of our own doctors. Something that is important to our family!

Insurance claim madeYes

Tillie

TillieBrisbane

Not worth it

I have been with CBHS for nearly two years. I inquired into whether I was covered for the most minor procedure. The lady told me that the level of cover is basically just designed for people to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge.

I think with a premium of $190 per month for my partner and I, we should at least be covered for something!

Considering HCF under the same policy and same level of premium I would have been covered.

Kris

KrisMelbourne

Very Good

The policy was easy to setup and was very good value for money. We dont pay anything out of pocket for general dental.