1.4

1.3

ianmccahon
ianmccahonSydney, NSW

Disorganised, incompetent

The amount of time it took to organise my income stream was extraordinary. I was without any income for 2 months. Staff did not understand how the system worked, I was sent repetitive emails that were clearly written by people who had not read my initial emails. And the auto generated emails that served no purpose at all, I don't think I have ever communicated with a more inept, disorganised and badly trained staff or company - truly, ever. Then there are the forms that people are expected to print, to be filled out and posted... I still can't believe that in 2024 companies still operate like this.
Canb
CanbPerth, WA

Worst experience ever!

Submitted my claim for Early release super and have had nothing but trouble. Have to update my DOB as THEY got it incorrect in the first place and have had to submit numerous amounts of documents that I was told by one officer I needed and then only to be told I actually dont have to do it. Now they wont issue the funds until the DOB is amended and I have been told so many different timeframes by each person. None of the customer service team seems to have ANY idea what they are doing. I am getting beyond fustrated.
Chantelle D.
Chantelle D.2 posts

Lost my updated details form

Over a year ago, I called them to update my details which they have told me I need to fill out a form and mail to them. It took me a year to realise that they didn’t do anything. They lost my form and we’ll never bothered updating my marriage name & address. Found out, it was all being sent to my old address.
Abbi J.
Abbi J.Victoria

Immoral & deplorable

Immoral & deplorable.
After a heartbreaking loss of my father & long-term member of CBUS, CBUS were demoralising & cold hearted, making high demands & doing everything possible to not release & transfer my father's superannuation to my mother, who was 100% beneficiary. It took 10months & a lot of coldness for them to release their cold fingers from my dad's hard earned money.
I have spoken directly to other who have had the same experience. It is well known amongst the community, that CBUS hold onto the money to make as much interest as possible, leaving a traumatized family to suffer with hardship.
The cruelest & coldest humans are running this company.
J Pearl
J PearlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unhelpful. Complaints Ignored. Will not release hardship even with full documentation

Unfortunately I have been with CBUS for 10 years. They are extremely unhelpful. Lack of support. In hardship and have all documents but CBUS has not processed and it has been 6 weeks. Also my employer did not pay super for almost 2 years, no support from CBUS but they are happy to take fee after fee. Trying to change an incorrect birthdate and still nothing. Have put in complaints, call weeekly, they say it will be fixed in 4 days it’s now been 2 months or more. Poor customer service. Dismissive. Once hardship is finalised I will be leaving CBUS. Extremely frustrating.
Mish
MishWestern District, VIC3 posts

Worst company ever

If I could choose no stars I would!!!!
Don’t choose CBUS they are the most useless company I have dealt with in my 40yrs ever, my brother in law died, trying to get his super has been an absolute nightmare, they reply to emails maybe every couple of weeks, never answer the phones, passwords on documents never match, it’s been 6 months and still no money, they say one thing and nothing happens!!!!! We need to pay for his funeral, trauma clean of his property and final bills and they have been no help at all… a company like this should not be allowed to trade!!!!
Do yourself a favour and choose a company who actually cares about their members and answers their customers!!!!!!!
Do better
Do better2 posts

Cbus is worst Super

CBus staff do not understand a simple email. It is very frustrating trying to communicate, eventually after many emails and in very simple language a 2 year old would understand there was an outcome to my satisfaction.

I also am considering leaving cbus after reading cbus is using members money to prop up social housing. This is not in members best interest. Cbus it is not your money.

craig m.3 posts

Shandra Q.
Shandra Q.Western Australia

heljen
heljenInglewood6 posts

The absolute worst super fund

After contacting them, we're busy doing the round and round and getting nowhere fast. IF you can get to lodge a complaint with them, they will call you back sometime using some of the rudest customer service people I've had the misfortune of dealing with.
There are some good superannuation funds out there, but this is definitely not one of them
Marc R
Marc RSYDNEY21 posts

A mix of good and bad

The Good: Two recent lump sum withdrawals (July 2023 and January 2024) were processed promptly by EFT to my bank account within a few days of application.
The Bad: 1. My Annual Member Statement for the financial year to 30/06/2023 was received in mid December 2023. i.e. It took 5-1/2 months to be issued, just short of the 6 months ASIC specified deadline for these annual member statements. 2. Still waiting for a corresponding payment summary to support my most recent lump sum withdrawal on 3/1/2024.
Observation: CBUS, being a very large fund, appears to struggle administratively, to issue routine member paperwork in a timely manner, as evidenced by above.
tigersmummy60
tigersmummy60Launceston, TAS

Worst experience

Worst experience ever, adding so much extra stress and upset than needed at such a difficult time. 22 months after the member had passed, they finally paid out.
Given a case manager but can never speak to them because the are too busy. Asked for same documents several times. Calls not returned when messages left. Will not recommend to anyone only to steer clear.
jack s.
jack s.2 posts

will not pay super benifit

Have been claiming a benefit from my/this fund for several years. The last 3 times (includes this time) they refuse to pay my benefit. They have my banking details, passport, drivers lic., rate notice, medicare number,all certified and a selfie of me holding my drivers licence, .....the first refusal I had to provide a selfie of me holding my drivers license and they still refused. This time(3rd time) I'm required to do another selfie, which I'm told is now Company policy. Don't waste your time go straight to AFCA.
Nicola A.
Nicola A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

CBUS DETERIORATING SINCE LAST YEAR,

I have been attempting to claim my superannuation since the7/11/2023. The vast majority of their customer service operators appear poorly trained at best and downright obstructive at worst.
ANYBODY INTERESTED IN STARTING A CLASS ACTION AGAINST CBUS?
Shaune D.
Shaune D.

Shockingly bad, get out now

Have been trying to rollover funds to a smsf only to receive excuse after excuse for 2 months now, beginning to wonder if my money is even there. Words can't describe just how poor their customer service and communication is. Next stop ombudsman and lawyer. Hard to believe these people are managing millions of other people's money. I don't want to imagine retiring and having to deal with this fund, so I'm out as soon as I can. Would give a minus score if I could.