CGU Home and Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (15)
John O

John OPerth, WA

Failure to match roof sheeting colour

A claim was made to HBF who front CGU for the replacement of hail damaged poly carbonate roof sheets. CGU’s building contractor MidCity replaced the sheets but the replacement sheets are a different colour. Neither CGU, MidCity nor HBF will accept responsibility to fix the issue. Very poor customer service from all three of these companies.

Ange N.

Ange N.

Sexist and Patronising

Have been with this company for many years and have given them good reviews in the past. My latest claim with them has left me angry and frustrated. I was asked if I wouldn't prefer to have my husband deal with it and, in very slow clear words, if I understood what he was saying. Can't wait to finally finish with this claim - 8 months later! So I can move on to a company that doesn't think women should know their place!

Wheels

WheelsSydney, NSW

Tree collapse

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Update from shonky CGU signed 2 contracts for work to start and they keep pulling out

Terry P.
Terry P.
Care TeamCGU

Hi Terry, did the team get in touch with you? ~Kaz

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good cover and quick response.

CGU have twice covered me for claims which are often not covered by other insurance companies. One was for a lost hearing aid and another was a lost diamond from a ring. They are quick, efficient and polite and I would highly recommend them.

Care TeamCGU

Hey Liz. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad to hear your claims processes went so well and you are happy with our coverage :) ~ Lizzy

anonymouse

anonymouseTownsville

Never again CGU

Care TeamCGU

Hi there, thanks for your review of your home claim during the time of the massive flood event in Townsville nearly 2 years ago. We are pleased to see you received your settlement for the claim. ~Kaz

Mirike

MirikeSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM CGU....they are the cheapest to buy but do not pay out genuine claims

Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling Company- Do not go with CGU

Policy was easily set up and recommended by my Bank, two issues; the policy went up 11.5% in one year when CPI is 0.75%.
Claim was lodged and took two calls to get any resemblance of having a claim registered, claim was for a fridge through a power failure, electronics failed- CGU only cover the compressor/ motor, not the actual controls of the fridge. Clearly an outdated policy cover when fridges did not have digital controls, welcome back to the future 1970's style CGU.

AnnabelleSouthwest, VIC

Stay clear and seek another company

Matt

MattSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very disappointed so far

Vee

VeeCairns

Appalling customer care

The first time I contacted CGU to talk to someone about my landlord insurance renewal the representative was very rude i had to put it a complaint with the manager. I have since called a few times after that and its the same thing they, are always rude, unprofessional and lack customer care. In one of the calls the guy told me he couldn’t find my account so I wonder how is CGU deducting money out of my bank acc each month if my details do not exist in their system! Please steer clear of this company, it has disaster written all over it:(

Care TeamCGU

Thank you for reviewing our Home Insurance Vee and apologies for the experience you have received. We pride ourselves on our customer service and loyalty to customers and I hope that you receive A1 service for any interaction in the future ~Renae

louNorth Queensland, QLD

Very efficient company

I can't speak highly enough about cgu claims. I have made a few claims over the years, with cyclone damaged contents, accidental breakage, and lost items and I have found this company very prompt and efficient.

Care TeamCGU

Hey there Lou, thanks for the kind words! We are incredibly proud of our claims processes and customer service, so it's always nice to hear from people that have experienced this. :)
Have a great day! -Nathan

Cheers thankyou. :-)

Long long wait for approval

Hail storm in January, still waiting for GCU to approve the repair work!!!!
Storm damaged door which they said was wear and tear apart from the fact that no other door in the complex had the same damage because of the direction of the water, and no other door was accused of wear and tear!

Coverage TypeHome Only

Gem MHunter Region, NSW

Long time to get back with a claim and not very helpful when they do finally get back to you

Nikki Cullen

Nikki CullenAU

CGU insurance - 10/10

clint.reynolds.549Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best Insurance company ever

We filed a claim for Hail damage on our house, Assessor was out within 7 days, Our claim was approved within 10 days of that and our roof was replaced within 30days from our Claim being approved. Thank CGU

clint.reynolds.549

This is going to sound fake but We also had our caravan insured with CGU, we had 2 claims in 18 months and again, outstanding! We had one claim approved in 3hrs of the quote going in. Thank you CGU.

Care TeamCGU

That's great Clint! It's exactly the kind of service we aim to provide :) ~Natalie

My bike was stolen but CGU came to the rescue

A few months ago I had my road bike stolen and was absolutely devastated. I called the claims hotline after hours and encountered a very helpful person who submitted my claim. It didn't take long for the claim to be processed and sent through to Insurance Bikes Australia, who worked with me to secure a replacement bike. The process was seamless and the claim managers were extremely professional and helpful. Thank you to CGU and Insurance Bikes Australia!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Care TeamCGU

That's great to hear Happy Customer. Sucks to hear about your bike being stolen but I am glad it had a happy ending. ~ Jono

Yolanta

YolantaMentone

Tried to Obtain Quote for House Insurance

Tried to get a quote for an accidental damage house & contents policy. The care consultant who was very difficult to understand, hung up when I asked she speed things up- the home is a residential property & is not used for any other purpose. Not a good sign for a customer looking to swap insurers

Care TeamCGU

Hi Yolanta, we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. We do offer an online quote service at this link if you would still like a quote https://www.cgu.com.au/personal/home-insurance ~Kaz

Sam

Sam

SCAM!!! All the other scam feedbacks are 100% true. You have been warned

After they refused couple of claims in the past, this time they tried to refuse a claim for a accidental breakage of glass which was clearly included under our policy, after hours of argument, the operator spoke to her manager and said yes we can cover it and gave us a $700 excess, which we decided not to go ahead with and had a new glass installed $250 the next day. They give you bogus excess so you don't bother going through them when you need them. You have been warned!!

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Unsatisfactory -Damaged Roof during Hail Storm

Tony

I have messaged the following on facebook
[Number Removed]. PLease contact me again on [Number Removed]. I have posted my issues on Product Review

Care TeamCGU

Thanks Tony, I have asked Product Review to remove the claim number and your contact number as this is a public forum and we would hate for someone to have access to your information. I can see this has been escalated for you. ~Nada