CGU Home and Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (15)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (28) · No (16)
S.Chitaranjan
S.Chitaranjan Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our home claim

In 2020 rain water enter our home and damage one side of our downstairs floor and some furnitures. That time is peak time of covid in Victoria (I am living in Endeavourhills), its little bit delay for send assessors to look my claim.
Complexity of the claim, CGU settle in Cash settlement. I am very happy for that amount.
Again I put the other claim (my garage celing damaged by water) in may 2021.no hassels. They fixed.
S.Chitaranjan

Care TeamCGU

Hi S.Chitaranjan, thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. It's wonderful to hear that even with COVID happening, your claim was handled just as you needed it.

Thank you for trusting us with your insurance. ~Bec

Michael
MichaelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Poor customer service

The insurance cover has not been my issue. Dealing with this company regarding a recent successful claim has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my adult life. I should be happy to be receiving a payout but the hassle has almost not been worth the money. The customer experience is not consistent across the business, it changes considerably depending on which staff member you speak with and that has been up to 6 or 7 different people in my case.

Tom
Tom

Great cover and service

I have both contents and car insurance with CGU - policies I’ve held for around 6 or 7 years. Always been happy with the cost but you never really know about the value of your insurance until you need to use it. I’ve had to make 3 car insurance claims over the years and each of those experiences were excellent. It’s only in the last 6 months where I’ve been in the unfortunate position of having to make 2 contents insurance claims in relatively quick succession. The easy, no-fuss experiences of the car insurance claims were completely matched here. The process is quick and painless and the service staff are consistently polite, considerate and understanding. I would recommend these guys to anyone

Care TeamCGU

Hi Tom. Thank you for the excellent review! We really appreciate you being a customer. We’re here for you when you need need help. ~ Rick

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

newprojectcaro
newprojectcaroGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible costumer service and extremely poor cover

Lini K.
Lini K.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Very poor cover and most expensive in the country

The policy kept changing behind customer’s back, they never send any updated policy details.
When claim is made the officer in their end was so rude, had accidental damage cover over a decade. Only had claimed twice and not once they did not find it was accident.

Care TeamCGU

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Terrance R.
Terrance R.Illawarra, NSW

Handling of MYTHIRD PARTY CLAIM

I was a third party claimant and i cant speak highly enough of the service i received from CGU staff in claims and assessment they were POLITE-HELPFUL-PROFFESSIONAL in every way.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Care TeamCGU

Hi Terrance, thank you for your review. We're glad that you were satisfied with our claims and assessment team. ~ Maya

Becca MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

By far the worst experience

Totally incompetent company.
Their customer service, or lack thereof, was the most frustrating thing to deal with.
I had to call over 10 times to follow up my case.
They had ZERO initiative in helping me.
I will be switching insurance companies after this debacle.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Care TeamCGU

Hi Becca, I am pleased to know that this has been resolved for you. Please feel free to let us know if you need us to assist you with anything else.~ Rick

jenie
jenieGeelong

CGU = "We screw you".

John O
John OPerth, WA

Failure to match roof sheeting colour

A claim was made to HBF who front CGU for the replacement of hail damaged poly carbonate roof sheets. CGU’s building contractor MidCity replaced the sheets but the replacement sheets are a different colour. Neither CGU, MidCity nor HBF will accept responsibility to fix the issue. Very poor customer service from all three of these companies.

Ange N.
Ange N.

Sexist and Patronising

Have been with this company for many years and have given them good reviews in the past. My latest claim with them has left me angry and frustrated. I was asked if I wouldn't prefer to have my husband deal with it and, in very slow clear words, if I understood what he was saying. Can't wait to finally finish with this claim - 8 months later! So I can move on to a company that doesn't think women should know their place!

Wheels
WheelsSydney, NSW

Tree collapse

Care TeamCGU

Update from shonky CGU signed 2 contracts for work to start and they keep pulling out

Terry P.
Terry P.
Care TeamCGU

Hi Terry, did the team get in touch with you? ~Kaz

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good cover and quick response.

CGU have twice covered me for claims which are often not covered by other insurance companies. One was for a lost hearing aid and another was a lost diamond from a ring. They are quick, efficient and polite and I would highly recommend them.

Care TeamCGU

Hey Liz. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad to hear your claims processes went so well and you are happy with our coverage :) ~ Lizzy

anonymouse
anonymouseTownsville

Never again CGU

Care TeamCGU

Hi there, thanks for your review of your home claim during the time of the massive flood event in Townsville nearly 2 years ago. We are pleased to see you received your settlement for the claim. ~Kaz

Mirike
MirikeSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM CGU....they are the cheapest to buy but do not pay out genuine claims

Read more reviews - page 2