CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by CGU

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (9)
    • 3+ months (21)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (29) · No (25)
Trent
TrentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do yourself a favour don’t use CGU

Have called multiple time after a call has crashed though our building leaving a hole and the building unstable and still nothing has been done to fix it! Completely unacceptable! It’s unsafe and they don’t seam to care.

Update: 22/7/22
Still nothing has been done with a massive hole in a wall with a building that’s not able to be rented!and the one report they did is completely wrong! Unless you want a very painful time never insure through CGU and people that have had problems go to AFCA!

Greg M.
Greg M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Repeatedly disappointing at every step.

Thanks for the update Greg. ~Kaz

Bec D.
Bec D.Central Queensland, QLD

Easy to make claims but constantly make errors

Care TeamCGUSend a private message

Do your research for the best provider and save hundreds of dollars

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Great experience

Made a claim for damage from Cyclone Yasi a few years ago. Excellent response and follow up. Only thing was I couldn't talk to CGU directly, had to use a local insurance broker.

Care TeamCGUSend a private message

Hi there, thank you for the excellent review! Glad to hear that we were able to assist promptly especially during a stressful time. Regards, ~ Rick

Absolutely terrible

Two months and my daughters claim hasn’t been assessed. First appointment was a no show. Second appointment three weeks later another no show. No phone call text or voicemail left

jenie
jenieGeelong

Further to "CGU = We Screw You".

My Writ is lodged, WooHoo! WooHoo! CGU, I'm coming after YOU. 6 years of angst, for a legitimate Claim, But now it's YOUR turn, to feel the pain. You SHOULD have honoured the Policy I had, But I discovered you are TRUE cads. So, now a judge will hear and see ALL, And from good grace, YOU will fall. Utmost good faith, you did deny, After 17 years of same, of mine. I can't wait to see your Engineers on the Stand, I promise you, they'll find themselves in a jamb. The sleaze and errors, that you relied upon, Will ultimately be, what brings you undone.
C U In Court. :)

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Caz1310
Caz1310Melbourne

Sloppy, unprofessional claims process

My home experienced cracking in the recent Melbourne earthquake and the claim was denied. The original assessor spent only 10mins at my home, tried to chat me up. A second specialist attended. The Report is obviously a cut and paste....it references by name a different policy holder not related to me. Claims process drawn out close to renewal date (7 months). I'm beyond disgusted. All of their literature saying they'll look after you is not true. It's not fair a legitimate claim was denied. I didn't renew my policy.

Simon
SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely Awful

Yesterday our pergola was smashed to pieces in a freak hail storm. I’ve made 7 attempts at phoning CGU (no you can’t do an online claim) and have managed to talk to some someone twice only to be cut off midway on one occasion and having to rejoin the queue. On the second occasion I was answered and abruptly transferred back into the hold queue where after another hour I gave up. I get that it’s busy but their service is garbage. 25 years I’ve been with CGU but once this claim is processed they’re getting dumped - same with our car insurance.

Home and Contents Insurance

Absolute Disgrace (would give 0 stars if that was possible)

Disgraceful.

Never responded to anything.Seems like everything is “wear and tear “. A complete waste of us having landlord and building insurance as nothing is covered. Am cancelling policy even if it costs me money

Baha F.
Baha F.Sydney, NSW

Terrible !Zero star!

Stay away from them,Useless!!I bought a landlord insurance from Bupa three years ago and had it for that time without any claim ,but few months ago when I called them for a claim they linked me to CGU and from there it was just wasting my time for five months and after sending everything that was needed ,I received a reply usually by one month delay for asking another document ,so I gave up and canceled my policy, they'll do anything to not pay you!!

• Incentivised Review No
  • Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Riley Glenn
Riley GlennWestern Australia

Joke of a company

Never have I ever dealt with a more useless group of people in my entire life. 0 communication between anyone that works there and was lied to over and over again. Steer clear of this group of Fwits.

Pretty one
Pretty oneDatwin

CGU poor customer service

S.Chitaranjan
S.Chitaranjan Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our home claim

In 2020 rain water enter our home and damage one side of our downstairs floor and some furnitures. That time is peak time of covid in Victoria (I am living in Endeavourhills), its little bit delay for send assessors to look my claim.
Complexity of the claim, CGU settle in Cash settlement. I am very happy for that amount.
Again I put the other claim (my garage celing damaged by water) in may 2021.no hassels. They fixed.
S.Chitaranjan

Care TeamCGUSend a private message

Hi S.Chitaranjan, thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. It's wonderful to hear that even with COVID happening, your claim was handled just as you needed it.

Thank you for trusting us with your insurance. ~Bec