Chanel N°5

Chanel N°5

MPN: 20501

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (3)
Sharyn

SharynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smell is NOT lasting like a few years ago

I have worn No.5 for decades. I loved it because it lingered on jackets (that weren’t washed every use) and on pillow slip the next night after sleeping after a night out wearing No. 5. It was so significant a smell that I had one friend with sensitivity that I avoided being in a car or elevator with her when wearing No. 5. Great bang for the many bucks it cost. The last purchase from Terry White had no lasting perfume smell, and I suspected a knock off imposter but my recent Myer purchase is also insipid. Absolutely not comparable to bottles of a few years ago. I will no longer waste the huge money for an inferior product.

Purchased in September 2020 for $250.00.

Jack

JackSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fragrance doesn't stay. So too expensive

Bought Chanel no 5 eau de parfum from David Jones. Very disappointed that the fragrance only lasted a short time
7 years ago it was much stronger and long lasting
My husband bought Chanel Bleu eau de parfum and said the same. Why?

The best of the best

Chanel N5 you either love it or hate it. I got my first bottle over 25 years ago.I found it very offensive and “old lady“ smell.. To my biggest surprise even so I didn’t liked it on myself first, I had people asking me what I was wearing . And even today even strangers asking me what is the scent. This is the only perfume my husband comments on as well.. I tried all the other Chanel’s but this is the one for me. Must be reacts with my skin well and I even like the smell of it on the bed sheets.

Purchased in January 2017 at Myers for $210.00.

Yvonne J

Yvonne JSydney, NSW

Horrible

This was given to me as a gift, a large bottle and a small. I think it smells like what old grandma use to wear and it is so overwhelming like mothball ed de toilette. Steer clear of it if you're young and trendy.

Purchased at Gift.

hyejin j.

hyejin j.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

awful

This is one of few perfumes make me feel nauseous, do not understand why so many people are raving about. I can smell and feel sick instantly if someone using this perfume walk past.
truly awful perfume

Purchased in March 2018 at David Jones for $200.00.

Missholly1234Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely beautiful !

I love Chanel No.5....
I have worn this perfume for many years ..
I have other perfumes ..
But Chanel No 5 is my signature perfume...
Recently l purchased the Chanel No 5 body cream.
Combining the two is absolutely beautiful ..

Purchased in May 2019 for $240.00.

Autumn30

Autumn30Sydney, NSW

Beautiful fragrance

This scent is sophisticated ... it’s not a loud fragrance. Definitely a classic to be enjoyed when you want to feel special. I love the bottle ... very simple but elegant.

M.B.

M.B.

Disappointing

I was given one for Christmas.
For a expensive perfume the fragrance is not lasting very long.
Wondering if the testers in shops are of better quality?
I remember them lasting.
Some of my Eau de toilette last longer.....

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Timelessly Smelly

I have no idea what is every raving about, but it trully smells awful. I cannot even use it to spray the toilet as my sons are complaining about the smell. Lucky I bought small bottle. However Gabrielle Chanel Parfume is to die for!!!

Anni

AnniAU

Timelessly Chic

Beautiful fragrance that lingers. I have used this off and on ever since I used to use my mothers when I was a teenager.
These days I think it is most becoming on older women.

Smells like old lady perfume

I get it, it’s a classic !!!
Respectfully, why do so many women wear it?
It smells equally bad on all of you!!!!!

And it leaves a heavy scent behind, it should be banned.
Not to mention the awful allergies it creates.

Marti

MartiPawtucket

I can't use it after a while

There is no doubt that it is a very good fragrance. But it is very sad that you pay so much money for the perfume and that you can not use it because the spray does not work well at half use. If they want I can send the bottle back for evaluation.

Chanel No5 is dead!

I'm in mourning for my lost scent! For over 20 years I have worn No5, and never once did someone say they didn't like the scent. My children and nephews always used to say how they loved the smell of me. My clothes and my bedding always had the fresh finishing touches of it. I thought I had an "off" bottle, however 3 more later, and some research, I found out that it had to be changed due to some moss and stupid new rules!! I cannot find anything that comes anywhere near that iconic aroma. Coco would have fought to the end to get the scent back, she was a strong, confident woman, and funny enough, I felt that way when I wore it. It sounds silly, but I really am lost without my Chanel No5 armour!

Ugh!

I guess I am in the minority here. In all honesty, I had never smelled this perfume before. I wish I had. I have heard about it throughout my entire life and saw it as a mark of prestige and class. I'm certain that it was many decades ago. My husband bought it for me as a gift. It is a very heavy cloying scent, to me. It smells...well...old. It smells like mustiness and mold and literally makes me sick to my stomach. Perhaps it is like cilantro...you either love it or you hate it. I don't know what to do with this large full bottle of it now.

Just awful!

I still cannot get the foul stench out of my sweater. If you want to smell like an 80 year old then this is for you. Otherwise it will turn your stomach upside down. Waste of my money.

Timeless sophistication

I have searched high and low, for top to low end perfumes, seeking a change from Chanel No 5. I have found nothing that remotely compares. Frustratingly every other perfume leaves a sweet sickly or talcy finish. No 5 always pulls through with a dark musky mysterious scent that i find myself lusting over. It either suits you or it doesn't and based on that you either love it or hate it. Initially i found this scent offensive. Upon receiving the satin spray (a more delicate sandal based version, now discontinued) as a gift, my love for No 5 emerged. Whilst a more matured scent, no rules can be broken. Wear morning, day, night, any season.

of the four, Eau D' Parfume is for me

there are now 4 variations on Chanel 5 each presents a different note above the others. ask your Chanel Perfumeier to help you pick The One for you or for whomever you're giving it to. Eau D Parfume works best on me. It smells feminine, modern and even a bit Edgy. I can wear it day or night winter or summer, the notes come across a bit differently season to season but are always flattering.

leafrust

leafrustNorthern Region, NSW

Still a classic

I first tried this on the ferry on my way from England to Paris in 2000 and thought have awful and cheap perfumey it smelt. However, when I smelled my wrist an hour later I couldn't believe the lovely scent that was lingering there. For me it is not a daytime perfume but is wonderful for night ware and is my usual scent for after the shower in the evenings for when I go out. Don't be put off by the smell of this in the bottle, put it on and see what happens to it when applied to your skin.

Jo

JoVictoria

Ultimate Perfume

Have used Chanel No 5 for 40 years - beautiful, refreshing and long lasting! Have the purse packs also. A wonderful perfume 24 hours a day! Use the Eau de parfum first thing in morning then refresh with Eau de toilette during the day. People always comment on my perfume

Not the same anymore

I don't remember how long I have been using channel, last Christmas 2014 I bought the perfume as as I finish my bottle already. I notice the smell does not last long anymore. I went overseas and bought the creme in duty free same does not last long even when used at the same time. I already notice it in my previous bottle that the smell does not stay as before. Very disappointing considering the price.