Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse

Online Store and Physical Store
1.8 from 1,273 reviews

I wish I’d read these reviews before placing an order

I placed an order over a week ago and status has been dispatched and ‘in transit’ for over a week. I rang yesterday and there is an issue with all deliveries apparently with customer service unable to give me an approximate date of delivery. Biggest issue I have is they should be communicating issue with customers rather than us having to chase them down. First and last online order for me. Not good enough!

Very unhelpful!

Was refused an item to be return that was bought from Chemist Warehouse Collingwood. Bought the item at Chemist Warehouse Collingwood on 22/03/2019. Tried to return the following day 23/03/2019 at Chemist Warehouse Kingston Central Plaza. The Package was never open and provided the receipt from Chemist Warehouse Collingwood.

Terrible customer service products ordered but not in stock

I ordered express delivery from Chemist warehouse I received part of my order but NO information on when I would receive the other part. Customer Service were rude and unhelpful I will NEVER online shop with them again!!

Terrible service

I placed an online order 11 days ago and it still hasn’t arrived. I have contacted customer services and habe had no response.

I have had deliveries arrive from overseas in half this time.

Shocking service

Absolutely shocked - never checked that the asthma pump was working before we left the store. Went to use it and it doesn’t work and they would not take it back.

terrible customer service

I was insulted by a customer service name PETER at 11:24am, 25 Mar 2019

He yelled and shouted at me, after I told him my online order on 17 Mar hasn't been delivered, and this problem has repeatedly happened

This what a customer receive from Chemist Warehouse

Security is not the customer’s responsibility

I visited the Norwood store today. I couldn’t get any one to help me and it was hard finding what I wanted with aisle after aisle full of products with minimal signage.
When I went to the checkout the payWave didn’t work until eventually I was told they don’t accept AMEX. Finally paid and on leaving the security person who was pleasant, (the one star is for him trying to do a good job) wanted check my bags. I find it offensive that my bags need checking just in case I have stolen something, without any evidence whatsoever. Security is the shops problem not mine. I can’t be responsible for other customers who steal and I told him that. I think C W need to lift their game and put in a detection device at the door or better still have more staff to help and I’m sure their would be less theft. This is lazy and shift blaming retailing. I won’t return.

News report say they’re a ripoff

News report: “CHEMIST Warehouse has been ordered to back-pay more than $3.5 million for mandatory online training its workers drid in their own time.” News.com report on 22 March 2019

Most arragont store manager/ pharmacist

I bought a cream for my daughter. Once opened it I found it’s a faulty product. When I asked to change it at the store manager said no. Because it’s open. I can’t understand how am I to find out the product is faulty or even how am I to use it without opening. The manager was very rude. Raised her voice at me. When I asked what about the $22 I wasted on it, she said well its wasted now. No apology nothing. This is really disappointing. Chemist warehouse Craigieburn

Do not use online orders

Their service is terrible . I placed an order and emailed them hours later to see if I could fix a mistake as infant formula had been rebranded. Got a useless email that they do not return formula despite the fact the order hadn’t even processed yet or been sent. I ended up with two very expensive tins of formula I can’t use. ( I tried and made baby terribly sick)

Disgraceful treatment of customer

Tried to find a product but couldn’t and as I was leaving the newly appointed security guard requested to see my bag. I was offended but complied.
There was no sign indicating bag inspections being a condition on entry.
Was not expecting good customer service but this blow was below the belt. It was an infringement of our rights and privacy and deprecating the customer making him or her feel like a criminal.
Legally they have no right. Even the police need a warrant to search a private property or access records.
I was a regular customer but will stop going there now.

Selling Use By 2017 products in local store

Purchased 3 bottles of OLIVE PROPOLIS on 08/03/2019, one of them has a Use By 2017 labelled on it.
Very upset with the experience, as it could potentially cause illness.
Also out of date products are mixed with not expired products which is more disturbing.

Too hard to compare products in alternative brands

You can’t look at a product and compare strength, quantity, amount, ingredients or even price because everything is sorted by brands not product! I just want to look st all the Evening Primrose oil and compare but too hard. 15 minutes wasted and I left.

Depends on the store

I went to bankstown store, the security guy there(medium height, Not thin, a bit brown skin) treated the customers as thieves, he even said to me, don't you understand english? And there is another chinese guy that always throw all the products and seems doesn't want to work there, terrible store, which newtown's service was so good.

Poor service

I was regular weekly shopper spending for $50 to $150 a week .... Lately, I've noticed price increases, shortage of stock. On Saturday Feb 23, 2019 I was overcharged and didn't notice the overcharge until I got home and am too far away to return to the store. Today, March2, 2019 one of my items was scanned twice and was obviously annoyed. I requested a credit on all items I purchased. Later that day, I bought the same items at better prices at another discount chemist.

Don’t buy perfume from this company it’s old and stale

My daughter purchased me a bottle of Si perfume for Christmas. It was expensive at 129.99 I have the receipt. I was excited and opened it and sprayed it and the perfume was stale. Even the colour was darker than should be. I tried to return it but they wouldn’t exchange it because I hadn’t returned it within 7 days of purchase. Most people do their shopping a few weeks or so before Christmas which of made their gift go out of date. I then tried to return it to another store and they were willing to exchange it but couldn’t get permission from the original store Murray Street Perth WA. I will not let this go. I will be contacting consumer advice for further instructions. I am sure this is illegal to sell substandard goods. I took this back straight after Xmas and now the time ticks on. Probably this is what they want.

Rude staff

I went there with Marc on Wednesday afternoon and I purchased a Glycoprep-C Lemon 210g for $10.50 but the pharmacist was extremely rude and abusive to me and her customers so I would recommend going to the North Ringwood Family Pharmacy because the staff are kind to me and their customers also they give discounts on their products.

Favourite

Great prices. Fast to fill prescriptions. My favourite chemist to purchase prescriptions. Also great prices on pre workout and protein powders. Won't go anywhere else. Also have great fragrance prices.

Extremely poor customer service

Not one employee was prompt or courteous. Very poorly run business. 6 staff behind the counter and took me to ask for service after 10 minutes. All foreign workers who barely speak English

Our first visit to the new midland store and we were delighted!

We were very pleased to find that Chemist Warehouse had opened in Midland Gate, WA. We shopped there today. It is a clean and tidy shop with staff who were keen to help without going over the top. I wanted a bunion support and the young man working in the area and the retail manager went to so much trouble to ensure that I got the right product. Thanks Chemist Warehouse, Midland. We will be back.