Chemist Direct

Chemist Direct

See the Best Chemists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don’t bother

Ordered and paid for express post and no reply or tracking advice 4 days later. Sent email and was advised not in stock. One star for refunding me. Why show it’s in stock if it isn’t - rubbish way to run a business.

First and list time ordering through this site

Placed an order 4 weeks ago, rang after a week and told me one of the creams i ordered was not jn stock and would be in stock in 2 weeks time... two weeks later i rang back to ask and they said that they still dont know when they will be receiving the cream to wait another week. The operators werent very helpful and no communication at all, i asked for a refund of the cream which they did and sent me the other times, once i opened the box some of the items had already been opened! Will never order from this place again

Can't Fault Them

I am so impressed with this company. I ordered yesterday 1pm and the item has arrived at my door 9am the next day. I did pay for express shipping (nsw). So impressed I will order again.

Extremely disappointing experience

I placed my online order for my prescription & a moisturizer on 01/02/19. After 14 days, after not hearing anything from Chemist Direct, I phoned the helpdesk (Philippines) & was told my order was held up because the moisturizer was not in stock. I asked that my order be split as I needed the medication urgently but was told 'we do not split orders'. I phoned directly to speak to someone in Sydney & was told that the full order would be sent in 4 days as that was when the moisturizer would be available. I was also given a tracking number. Today I tracked the items via Australia Post & was advised that it was returned to sender because it had been incorrectly addressed! I again phoned the Chemist Direct office & was told that my prescription would be sent out tonight by xpress post, but today being a Thursday I may not receive it until Monday. The moisturizer would only be sent once the returned delivery was received. So in total it will be one month until I receive my completed order! Totally unacceptable!

Terrible Customer Service and Slow Delivery

I purchased items a week ago and had no communication from them that my order was going to be delayed. Rang and spoke to them only to be told that items I had ordered weren't in stock and had only just come in and it would be shipped that day. I didn't receive a shipping notification so I called the next day and was told that it had been delayed further and that it would be shipped this afternoon. I was then told even though I paid for express shipping I wouldn't get the order until maybe Monday. When I asked if I could just cancel the order cause I needed the items sooner I was told no but I could refuse the delivery and have it returned to them.

Yesterday I received an email saying that an item I had ordered was no longer available. This email was received two days after I was told that my order was ready to be shipped. At no time when I spoke to them two days before did they mention that an item wasn't available. So my order was still not shipped so I rang and asked for it to be cancelled which they told me they would do and I would get a full refund that day. I then got a shipping email and no refund.

The customer service and communication is terrible and I will not shop with them again. I used them as their prices were very competitive with other chemists but their delivery and customer service makes the savings not worth it.

Fast response, great customer service

I live in Tokyo and placed an order on Saturday, 10 November. I received an email on Monday 12 November informing me that my order had been dispatched. I read on the company's FAQ page that international shipping by airmail could take up to 14 days. After 10 days and I had not received my order, I rang up customer service to check the status. I was given a DHL tracking number and understood that DHL Global, being a relatively cheap international delivery service, might potentially route a shipment to Germany first even if it was not en route to the destination country. I regularly returned to the tracking status and in the end, was happy that the product actually did arrive within 14 days as promised (delivery was made on Saturday, 24 November).

I saw another complaint on this site from a user who was unable to unsubscribe his/her email address from the company's marketing junk email. I must agree that I did not like the fact that my email was automatically added to the mailing list without being given an option to opt out when I was placing my order, and was annoyed that the unsubscribe function did not work. So I emailed customer service and asked to have my email address manually removed. They responded within 24 hours and I stopped receiving junk mail from that point onwards.

Overall, not a bad shopping experience.

No communication

Very dissatisfied as made an order with express postage and 5 days later had to call to find out what was happening, I asked for postage to be refunded along with unavailable item and was told I would only be charged standard shipping, so I called back to ask for the order to be cancelled and a total refund, will not shop here again.

First and final order. Don't bother

I ordered with this company for the first time and paid Express postage, after waiting more than a week I phoned chasing my order and was told they were out of stock. At the time of order product was in stock/ available. I had to call them to be told it would be another (maybe ) two weeks. I was told they usually send an email to notify of delay, ( must be with the order ).
In today's competitive market customer service is important and chemist direct has failed.
They have sent a memo regarding my refund less $3.00 service fee, seems fair, a small price to pay for a lesson learnt. Don't bother plenty of other companies to deal with.

Should have read reviews first....

Hopeless company. After weeks of no contact I made contact with them only to be advised that one of the items was out of stock. This seems to be a common theme with this company. After many many weeks of badgering them and threatening to cancel and get a refund they finally shipped the order. I have since found out that the prices I paid are cheaper at the supermarket for all of the items. They are not cheap at all. Will never use them again. I wish they had zero star ratings.

AVOID - No stock, no communication

After more than a week with no communication whatsoever, I rang only to be told they are waiting for stock, that will be at least two weeks away.

Why did you take my money if you didn't have the item ? - It must have gone out of stock just after you bought it.
Mmmm K.

Why didn't you let me know in that case? - No response.

Why is the item still being offered for sale ? - No response.

The lady I spoke with was polite and friendly enough, but these guys are flat out dishonestly taking people's money knowing full well they won't see their purchase for weeks.

I asked to cancel the order and was told that could take a couple of days... or I could just raise a paypal dispute, I suggested. Waddyaknow, money returned within 10 minutes - they tried it on until the bitter end.

Moral of the story: always check product review BEFORE handing over money.

BEWARE YOU CANNOT GET RECEIPTS FROM THIS COMPANY

I cannot claim on my insurance for products bought from Chemist Direct because they will not issue a receipt, only invoices. I just got off the phone to a representative who validated this and she seemed ok that I was going to do this review.

Terrible customer service.

Extensive wait for orders. Zero communication in regards to order. Not until I rang to be told they are waiting on stock. Asked to have item in question to be swapped for same item in another brand and am still yet to have a response. This has been going on for over 3 weeks.

Would give less than one star if it was an option.

Definitely will not be using this service again.

Terrible. No communication and long wait

Ordered 2 weeks ago. I rang a week later to see if there was a tracking number, was told they were waiting on stock and it would be sent in a few days. A week later I called to see if they had received the stock as I had not heard anything. Again I was told they were waiting on stock.
An email letting me know of the delay would have been good customer service or a message on check out stating waiting time. I receive orders from overseas quicker than this.

Don’t sell something you don’t have!

Terrible shopping experience

Cancelled the order after the late delivery half months after I placed the order, but was told the parcel was already dispatched because the lack of communication between the service center and the warehouse. And the parcel was left at my front door for more than three weeks because the whole family went overseas. And I was told now I can’t get the refund because it was already over 7 days. What a terrible shopping experience. Hope all the customers considering my disaster experience and choose another pharmacy!

Hi Ying, We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience shopping with us. We strive to make every shopping experience special,as we rely on repeat business. Australia Post did have someone in your house sign for this parcel and they have the signature on file. Australia post would not leave this at the front door unattended unless instructed by you. As we had explained in previous emails,some items we cannot refund due to health and safety and this is outlined in our return section located on our web page. Regards LucusIt is impossible that someone sighed the parcel because my whole family was overseas and no one was home for over three weeks. That “someone” who signed the parcel is not the one who lives in my house!!!And the passports records can’t tell lies.

Ease of Purchasing This Product

OnlIne purchases are very easy to transact except at times for the Promo Coupon Codes. Usually this product is readily available from Chemist Direct, whereas not always on the supermarket shelves.

Thank you Gregory for your review. We hope to improve all aspects of Chemist Direct's website and social interactions. Regards Lucus

Good product range, good prices but...

Good company to deal with but slightly lacking in communication - order not dispatched after 7 days and on enquiry told there was a delay for one product they were waiting for. I feel customer should be told when an order is being held up for just one product. However this was promptly dealt with on my enquiry and I would have no hesitation to use Chemist Direct again - and special commendation for Carla, Customer Relations, who I have dealt with several times now and she deserves a gold star.

Hi Topaz, Thank you for that great review. We are working hard to fix certain problems that affect this business and we hope to impress you on your next order with better communication and faster dispatching. Regards Lucus Chemist Direct

Bad Communication and Poor knowledge by employees

Made purchase online a week ago and still no word on when it was going to be dispatched. I emailed customer service and they took over 24 hours to respond. I rang this morning and was told the order was on hold as they were waiting on stock. It would seem they cannot convey that on the website under status of order. I asked for refund and cancelled the order. They now want to tell me the goods were sent out and no refund will be given. They have NOT supplied any details of the dispatch, no tracking number etc. Don't use this unprofessional company. I will never do so again. It takes way too long.

Hi Lizzy, I am sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience with Chemist Direct. My name is Lucus Boudelot, can you please provide me your order number so I can investigate this and try to fix the problem for you. This is something that shouldn't happen and we are trying to fix all problems with our systems. I look forward to hearing from you. Lucus Boudelot Chemist Direct

Order not delivered after 30 days

I made the purchase online. I received an email saying my order was out of stock but should be available soon. After 30 days, the product still not delivered and my email to customer service was not replied to. Not contact from the company. Called up and got a refund.

Dear Joel, My name is Lucus from Chemist Direct. I am so sorry to hear what you have been through. This is something I defiantly don’t like hearing and will make sure we fix this problem in the future. I hope we can gain your trust again in the future and get you back as a customer. Regards Lucus PHAMRACY ONLINE

Prompt and efficient

This is my first time with Chemist Direct. Delivery was very prompt. I ordered on Thursday evening and got my parcel on Monday by express post. The prices are very competitive. I will use this company again.

Hi Eva, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what a great job we are doing. Lucus Boudelot Chemist Direct

No response to last order, or to attempts to cancel

I used to make regular purchases from this business, and they were always reasonably prompt. The time before last was slower than usual. This time I placed an order and got no email confirmation back that the order had been received. I sent them a message a day later and still no response. I've cancelled the payment via PayPal and still no response. Pharmacy is a competitive business. My order was for $150 worth of goods. Business must be very good or very bad for them to treat customers this way. This is my last time I'll bother with them.