Chess Moving
See the Best Furniture Removalists in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Chess Moving Australia

BrianDouglas Park, New South Wales

Chess let us down badly

Chess Moving Australia
Paul L.Chess Moving AustraliaSend a private message

Removalists broke our tv - poor communication

We moved from TAS - VIC. Our tv arrived completely smashed (we paid them to package it and it was delivered un packaged), our washing machine came slightly damaged the control panel on it doesn’t stay in place so we need to get it fixed. We paid to have the tv packaged and still our tv arrived without packaging and completely broken. We have since called the company, they could not deal with it over the phone so we emailed like we were told to and it has been a week and still no communication back on them accepting that they’ve damaged our property and not even at the minimum a refund for the packaging we paid for and did not receive.

Rupert
RupertHobart, TAS

Lost our items and ignore contact requests. Do not use them at all

Rupert
RupertHobart, TAS

After losing items from Brisbane refused to help

After losing items that we had sent from Brisbane to Hobart, everyone in the Tasmanian branch was unhelpful bordering on ignoring my complaints and questions. Have a long email thread of one way emails which I sent to their staff and never heard back from. This has been going on for months now with them ignoring me.

The emails are just some of my thread with [Name Removed] who is the operations manager in Tasmania.

Great customer service.

Find out how Chess Moving compares to other Furniture Removalists

lack of customer service - keep being ignored when I just want a quote

I've emailed and phoned a number of times just to get a quote and I've not had a response, I've even emailed the manager and been ignored, worst customer service

Jimmy
JimmyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

OK movers, but lost a box and damaged others

Garry E
Garry ESouth-Eastern Region, NSW

If you are considering a removals company, check the photos

First Class Service

Excellent service

I packed the boxes (just over 7cubic meters) and Chess arranged pickup and shipping. I can only speak about the initial stage as the shipping hasn’t happened yet, but every Chess employee has been courteous, professional and prompt in attending to my queries. The pickup men were very careful with my goods. It has been a very enjoyable experience.

Caitlin F.
Caitlin F.Hobart, TAS

Missing items upon delivery, poor customer support and have been waiting nearly 2 months. Do not go near this company

The customer service is terrible and fed false information. Do not go with this company, pick anyone else as they do not seem to care about missing items. Waited a month for their arrival and then items were mouldy and missing. They then had the nerve to charge $120 extra on delivery which was not explained prior.

karin m.
karin m.Southwest, VIC

Exceptional Service

Qld Health Employee
Qld Health EmployeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant service

We used Chess to move all our furniture from the Sunshine Coast to Yorkshire UK. The team who packed were amazing and supportive, everything arrived on time and in perfect condition. The team in the UK were equally amazing. Would definitely recommend Chess. Thanks again for your great service

Terrible Moving Service

Terrible service. Moved from Launceston to Hobart. They didn't deliver my furniture the day they said they would. When they picked up my furniture, all the items were in excellent and perfect condition. When they delivered my furniture, some items were very badly damaged. I contacted the company and they refused to be responsible for the damages they caused to my furniture and to compensate me for it. I definitely do not recommend this company to anyone.

Great service.

Moving overseas - small amount of goods to be shipped. Service has been brilliant from quote to pack up. Could not be happier so far - hope it is as good at the other end. Thank you to all but mostly to Marcia and the 2 crew who packed us up - they were exceptional.
Best move we've ever had - it was made easy during what is usually a stressful time. Thank you Chess. Would highly recommend. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mem
Mem

Great company with amazing customer service

Moving from Northern NSW to UK and Marcia has been such an amazing help answering all our questions and making the process as smooth and easy as possible.

Highly reccomend Chess and cant thank Marcia enough for all her advice and help.