Attentive and personal service

We recently moved the contents of our 3 bedroom home from Canberra to Melbourne. Chess Removals were friendly, punctual, and extremely attentive to our needs. Most importantly they delivered everything in excellent condition! Highly recommended.

Blackmailed.

We needed to move out stuff our Launceston rental to 20km away. I was very clear the unload was to be done after hours. They allowed us a "PM pick up" once our possessions were on board they changed their tune and said any after hours would incur additional rates of $175 an hour. We argued to and fro until I agreed. Arriving they requested payment of an additional $440! As after hours starts at 4pm and to allow for their time to get back to the depot (20mins away). I refused. They took my stuff. After going through Australian Furniture Removal Association they agreed to honor the contracted rate - as long as I removed any social media postings. Absolutely disgusting way to handle any customer. Shame on them.
Still waiting to hear back from head office who I lodged a complaint with also.

Excellent an excellent move made by Chess

30 years of accumulated "household Items to be moved and a yard of pots. Well the pots moving was below the overrated opinion of one Australia's largest and well advertised removal companies, which did not live up to their advertising hype.
Called Chess nothing too much a problem, 4 trucks and 7 men later we arrived in Bendigo, pots, household all in tact. And well under the exorbiate price quote by original company.

Thank goodness I had the good graces to call Chess, staff excellent, helpful and super efficient, Russel the managing director was a godsend when the moved look to being going pear shape, his calm and excellent advice was a godsend and much appreciated. The guys handling the move again excellent, efficient and more than willing to help, only too happy when two old people changed their minds and ask " would you mind to move this from here to there, done with the utmost friendliness and good graces.

Chess is the correct move when you need to move

Clarrie Cousins

Very professional

Chess moving made my move from Perth W.A. to Melbourne Victoria so easy and stress free. They are very professional in the way they handle everything, from the first phone conversation to the delivery of my goods, all staff were friendly, professional and willing to help in any way they could. My goods arrived safe and on time. I would definitely recommend them and would not hesitate to use them again.
A special thank you to Natalie in the Perth office, she was brilliant.
Cheers Derek

First rate - as always

We moved a container load of stuff from Melbourne to Port Douglas (2700km) and it went off without a hitch at a cost that was lower than expected. All was delivered on time, communication was excellent throughout the process and the moving men at both ends were extremely efficient, friendly and helpful.This is the 6th time we have used Chess over the years in both home and office moves and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Hello Hugh Thank you very much for your feedback. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff involved. Regards Paul Chess Moving Australia

Punctual and fast

I moved my home stuff from KSA to MEL, I received them on time despite of a little delay because of christmas holiday. The staff was very responsive and active, they provided all necessary documents and helping me all over the clearance process. Yes I recommend them for any one who looking for reliable company with great team:) personally, I'll never hesitate to use them again and again.

Hello Sulaiman Thank you so much for your kinds words. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we performed and will pass on our thanks to the staff involved. Regards Paul Chess Moving Australia

From the UK to Melbourne made easy

We moved total contents of a house from England to Australia. The move was professional without any problems with customs clearance in Melbourne and delivery of goods to our new home on time and no damage. We were kept informed of progress throughout the move.
Stress free

Move from Malta to Melbourne

We moved a 5 bedroom house from Malta to Australia. Chess looked after all our items from the container arriving in Port Melbourne right up to the delivery of goods into our house. Very professional and highly recommended!!!

Move from Paris To Gippsland - Chess Moving Melbourne - Fantastic

We moved a three bedroom house from France to Gippsland - the move was huge due to us having a very big Man Shed. The Melbourne Team helped us through CUstoms, stored the items at a very good rate and then delivered on time. The team in the Melbourne Office were great - always happy to give assistance - nothing too much trouble - seriously good team. The delivery team were amazing - all items unpacked, assembled and the boxes and wrapping were removed - all in 30 plus degrees with good humour and hard work - well done Chess Moving Melbourne.

Chess removalists made our interstate move from Qld to Vic a lot less stressful. They were very reliable and professional, our furniture was picked up and delivered on time. The administration staff were very helpful and always friendly. We have used Chess removals 5 times and never had any

Professional, flexible, going above and beyond

The Chess team from the Canberra branch moved us from a fifth floor apartment with only lift access to a three story townhouse! They were on-time, professional and went above and beyond assisting set up in the new house. I would recommend the team to everyone. At all stages of the processes they stayed connected which was so important at a time of moving which can be so stressful.

A & G, Dickson

5 Star Service

Our move was a big one with 2 full 20ft containers from Perth to Brisbane. From day one, Jess from Chess moving has been very professional and helpful providing us with the best advises. The schedule was perfect despite being just after Christmas and New Year. On the 2nd of January the containers were in front of our house. The guys worked really hard to professionally pack our fragile items and loaded the containers finishing on the 3rd late in the afternoon. We received our containers ahead of the schedule date in Brisbane and again the Brisbane team was amazing. The vast majority of our fragile items arrived intact with the exception of one box that dropped during the unloading. We claimed the insurance for a suspended lamp and received a full refund. We also used Chess for our car transport from WA to Brisbane and again, the car arrived in perfect condition and we received it one week ahead of schedule. We will certainly use Chess again without hesitation. It was a complete hassle free experience. Good continuation. Richard & Maritza.

Stress Free Move

Well Chess created no additional stress anyway... They were prompt, polite efficient and masters at Tetris. Not a single scratch on furniture or on walls in either house. I will most definitely be asking Chess to quote on my next move.
Thanks guys...

Fantastic move from Adelaide to Canberra with short notice

Moving house is stressful. Moving house and having to be beholden to the Federal Government's Relocation Assistance to Take up a Job (RATTUAJ) and it's gatekeeper is exacerbating. Sonia from Chess Adelaide was utterly fantastic; she knew that it would be touch and go with the turn around of being able to access the assistance and move within our required dates. She was a fantastic support in explaining the process and requirements at both ends of the move. The two movers at Adelaide were quick, efficient and patient in listening to my concerns regarding some of the boxes. As stressful as the whole process of moving interstate is concerned, I was never worried about our belongings with Chess Adelaide.

Excellent and cheerful service

Downsizing from a Queenslander to an apartment, some furniture going to the apartment, the rest to daughter in Melbourne.
All sorted by the movers who immediately labelled everything correctly and got it all right throughout the move on a very hot day. They were very organized and cheerful during the whole thing, and careful with a couple of items that are quite precious to the family.
I will be moving a few more items to NSW in a month or so and will choose Chess again.

Moving made easy

We made a downsizing move from a 3br town house in Fadden to a 2br apartment in Deakin and had a smaller consignment going to family in Perth. Thanks to the Chess Moving Canberra crew, the process couldn't have been easier or smoother. It was all done quickly and efficiently. Nothing was too difficult for the team. We chose Chess on the recommendation of friends who made a similar local move a few months ago and we have no hesitation in passing on the recommendation to others.

Going the extra mile - quite literally

From beginning to end Chess did a wonderful job. All their staff from Natalie on the sales desk to Marie in accounts, Drew and Shaun who picked up and Darren who delivered - everyone was professional and exceptional. They worked around challenges and made the whole experience of moving from Perth to Broome (a long way!) seamless and efficient. I feel blessed that I chose them of all my 5 quotes and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I chose to pack my own belongings purely to save $$$ and everything (3 bedroom home) arrived safely and even before I did!

Bad experience!

I engaged Chess Moving to ship my personal effects for my recent relocation back to Singapore from Australia. That was my 5th relocation internationally in the past 12 years and unfortunately; I must share that I did not have a positive experience with their services overall.

What I wasn’t pleased is their modus of operandi in doing business. Their service and communications were tip-top during initial quotation till collection of my consignment. However, once my consignment was collected, that when their unprofessionalism manifested. In summary, the finalized volume of my consignment was way off from the estimated volume at collection, quoted 6.5 cubic meters vs the estimated volume of 4.5 cubic meters by their very experienced packer. Fine, I do acknowledge that there will be differences but what I wasn’t pleased was their attitude in their communications, “kind of take it or leave it” attitude when I questioned via email. At no time did they proactively provided me with supporting documents or pictures to assure me that the finalized volume is accurate.

Next is the way they arrived at the additional charges for the additional volume of 2.0 cubic meters. My fault here as I didn’t asked for their quotation in detail during the initial communications. My big oversight here as I thought I was dealing with a truly professional company here.

After a few rounds of email communications trying to reason with them on these 2 unreasonable and questionable doubts while already backed in Singapore, I relented and accepted their final invoice after a small “goodwill” discount from them. I just want to move on and get back my consignment. Somehow, I felt like I was being held for “ransom” as my consignment is stuck with them in Sydney.

Communications from them thereafter continued to be 180 as compared to their prompt initial communications for quotation. There was no news of when my consignment would be shipped off from Sydney for a couple of weeks and I had to email them to chase them for info. Overall, I would rate their service post consignment collection is less than lukewarm.

So one big lesson for me on this experience with Chess Moving. Do your due diligence and homework before engaging their services. On hindsight, I realized that their initial quotation wasn’t comprehensive and forthcoming. They quoted based on the estimated volume and stops there. Nothing mentioned about charges for additional volume as I didn’t asked for it initially. And when I asked for quotation for additional 1 cubic meter volume subsequently, I was quoted just for that 1 additional volume and nothing more. Another example is about the insurance costs, they wouldn’t provide voluntarily if I didn't asked.

My recommendation on this shipper is that they would be satisfactorily for you if you are not too concerned with "hidden" costs, for example, your company is footing the bill. As for me, the amount of the additional cost invoiced wasn’t much of any issue with me. I just don't like it when they are not transparent, and more importantly the change in their service attitude post consignment collection.

Relocation is already one of the top stresses in life and having a distaste experience with the shipper is definitely the last thing I would wish for.

Commending removels team and staff

We are moving from Launceston Tasmania to Perth Western Australia,we had a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house. The guys that moved are furniture rocked up on time and so helpful they took very good care of are of are household items. Great job guys awesome work and a big THANK YOU from my wife and myself.
Quote number 175198

EXCELLENT: I wil be a returning Customer :)

Hi,
I am writing this long overdue review of my experience with Chess movers.
I used their service for my move from Perth to Melbourne back in Jan 2018.

I chose them based on all the positve reviews I read online; and they are true. The Chess team was fantastic.

Julie Sleight and Jessica Theseira were prompt, detailed and answered all questions and walked me through all the steps as there was a looooooooooooot of paper work.

Even claiming damages casued during the move was made so simple. I was able to get money back for damages (Home theatre wear, broken shelf etc)
Kim Moseley was incharge of the cliams and he was fantastic

Highly recommend them.

Cheers,
Sheldon

Can you pay half cost of removal when furniture is picked up an the rest upon delivery?
Hello Sisco We will need specific details of you move before we can respond Regards Chess Moving Australia

Why dont chess removal except responsible when they damage goods and even brake them? my vacuum is so damaged it dosent work to power
Hello car1957 To answer your question we do require more information. When we offer a service in our quote for insurance cover as an option and if you select not to take this option it is sometimes very difficult to process your claim. As in every insurance policy there is always an excess to pay and in small claims such as vacuums this excess usually $500.00 may come into play. Transporting personal effects and household items to a new location is complex process especially if your items are transported interstate or overseas as there are third parties who handle shipping containers, such as the rail for interstate and shipping lines for overseas so there is a period where your goods our out of any removal companies control this is just the way goods are transported in the modern era for efficiency, time and pricing. If you could please send your name, reference number and where you moved from to review@chessmoving.com.au we can look into the matter for you. Regards paul

Would like to know how much it would cost for 10 large boxes to purchase?
Where are you located in Australia ?If you could explain further please. We would like to understand the basis for your remarks and we pride ourselves and service and transparency. Please contact me at paullm@chessmoving.com.au so we can communicate further on this please. Regards PaulWe have not heard from you further on this matter and would like some further information so we can investigate please. Please send your information to review@chessmoving.com.au. This is important to us so please send the details of your complaint

Similar listings