4.5

Vrinda B.

Vrinda B.North-West & West coast, TAS

Stressful experience- missed a mattress and damage to washing machine and dining table

Anthony C.

Anthony C.South East Queensland, QLD

Great team made it pleasant to move

The team packed a 20ft container for my move from Cairns to Brisbane. The guys were always on time courteous and respectful and nothing was too difficult. I would highly recommend them.

Grand

GrandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moving to the UAE

3 bedroom home pack up from Brisbane to the UAE, the team at Chess moving were absolutely excellent, sailing time is expected to be around 3 weeks only :) dealing with the management has been a breeze.

Find out how Chess Moving compares to other Furniture Removalists

Accurate estimate of removal operation including volume, time, labour and equipment required.

Chess professionally managed our request to uplift our self-packed and stored household goods from within our beach house, transport 50Km, unload and place into 5 bedroom 2 storey modern home. The move was executed by 3 men with 2 trucks in a very courteous manner. All our expectations were achieved. We wish to recommend Chess to persons considering household removalist contractors.

Brian

BrianForrest 2603, ACT

The removals team are amazing

Short distance (600 metres). The move involved mainly large furniture items and white goods. It was 6 hours of solid effort and work by the removals team. From one 3 bedroom town house (over 3 levels) to another 3 bedroom townhouse over 2 levels.

The team were expertly led and coordinated by the removals team - they were on time, courteous and got the job done efficiently. Good humoured as well. Chess Canberra are lucky to have this team of removalists.

Lin

LinPerth, WA

First Class

Moved from a single storey 4 x 2 to a 3 storey 7 x 7. Albeit not far from original home the move commenced slightly earlier and consequently finished earlier. From start to finish Chess was first class. Highly recommend.

Stuart P.

Stuart P.

Sold on service...multiple times!

I can't speak highly enough of Chris, Gail and the various teams that I've experienced over two moves from Southern Tasmania to Arnhem Land and Groote Eylandt (return) in the last 5 years. Both these moves have required storage and in both areas of their business I've found their integrity, their promptness and their care (along with any associated partners), world class. They've instilled so much confidence in me that I would book them immediately without hesitation in any future move, however big or small...Every dimension of their operation is outstanding.

John

JohnCambridge

Friendly, helpful and careful movers

This is the first time I have had the pleasure of dealing with Chess and would certainly do so again. They arrived on time, which I found refreshing for the industry, were very careful with all my items, there were no scratches, dents or scuffs to be found when they had finished. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful making it a pleasurable experience. I would recommend Chess to anyone.

John

Angela

AngelaPerth

Third time not so lucky

Simply outstanding

Mick and his crew were simply outstanding. Best decision to use Chess Moving Canberra. Moved 11kms. From single storey townhouse to three storey townhouse. Arrived on time. Polite. Very careful. Provided professional advice on the move.

Great customer service. Safe, honest, reliable

Motor vehicle and large boxes of personal effects. The transportation services (x3 over the last 3 years) have all been from Western Australia to the East Coast of Australia. The moves were all done as per the contracted dates and within schedule.

Great Move

Chess moved my elderly parents from their home of over 30 years about 10 km to a smaller first floor unit and it was absolutely painless. The boys arrived promptly, worked efficiently and had the moved completed quickly even with the stairs to navigate. Importantly the boys were fantastic. They were polite and very respectful of everyone. They kept us informed during the process to ensure my parents' comfort and nothing was too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend Chess to anyone needing to move.

very helpful and nice guys

Moving from Hong Kong to Sydney!
I am very satisfied with both the staffs in Hong Kong and Sydney! They packed and unpacked our stuffs in a very good condition. Thank you so much guys!

Pamela

PamelaPerth, WA

Excellent customer service

Exceptional service! Being seasoned movers, this was one of best moving experiences. So pleased we chose Chess. Large 4 bedroom, long distance move to Perth, WA and 3 vehicles. Chess were fantastic. Communication was consistent, and time keeping exemplary. Nothing was too much for the efficient removalists. Would highly recommend Chess Moving Perth.

Excellent staff. Professional, timely, great care with packing and unpacking our belongings.

We moved from Macarthur to Curtin in Canberra. We had a four bedroom house of items to be moved. All done in a timely efficient manner. Very reasonable price and great customer service. Highly recommend Chess Removalists

L Teo

L TeoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No communication on moving container.

We paid in full for house contents in a container to EU in Feb , however it is now still in Melbourne. It’s been transfer to another company due to company’s bankruptcy!?
We now have to pay again for the new company for shipping.
We are in legal advice and will report this to ASIC for the Chess Moving Melbourne office.
They may be good for local move as per other reviews but DO NOT attempt to use this company for International moving.

Professional, efficient and considerate

My move with Chess was from a storage facility to a 3 bedroom home in Adelaide. Chess were able to arrange this for me at short notice, and the entire process was completely stress free. Brad and Chris were professional and considerate, and I can not recommend them highly enough. They were excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Chess Moving

Roughted

Paid in full to ship our belongings to uk last September, it’s now April our belongings are stuck at the docks because chess didn’t pay the shipping I now have to pay again which will bankrupt me,don’t let them rip you off

Bill Armstrong
Bill Armstrong

I shipped with chess moving as far as I’m concerned I don’t care who you want to blame if you’re called chess moving your just as responsible,

Lesley Odfeldt

Lesley OdfeldtSouth-East, TAS

Use Chess Hobart for best value moves and stress free by wonderful staff. Crew of good humour competent and efficient.

My move is to go a long distance to Perth WA. All pieces were packed securely and expediently. A whole Half house of furniture and personal effects. Including washer microwave and fridge. And a car!

Lea

LeaSouth-East, TAS

Very happy with timely delivery and professionalism of Chess Moving

Our town house in Clifton Hill (Vic) was over 3 levels so lots of stairs and a large quantity of furniture and boxes. Our new home in New Norfolk (Tas) also had tricky stairs however this did not matter to the crew from Chess. Fuss free and nothing was too much trouble!

noonsy1949

noonsy1949asked

Chess Moving NSW, Sydney

Does CHESS conduct removals from Albury NSW to New Norfolk Tasmania?

sisco

siscoasked

TAS, Launceston

Can you pay half cost of removal when furniture is picked up an the rest upon delivery?

Hello Sisco

We will need specific details of you move before we can respond

Regards
Chess Moving Australia

cat1957

cat1957asked

Chess Moving

Why dont chess removal except responsible when they damage goods and even brake them? my vacuum is so damaged it dosent work to power

Hello car1957

To answer your question we do require more information. When we offer a service in our quote for insurance cover as an option and if you select not to take this option it is sometimes very difficult to process your claim. As in every insurance policy there is always an excess to pay and in small claims such as vacuums this excess usually $500.00 may come into play. Transporting personal effects and household items to a new location is complex process especially if your items are transported interstate or overseas as there are third parties who handle shipping containers, such as the rail for interstate and shipping lines for overseas so there is a period where your goods our out of any removal companies control this is just the way goods are transported in the modern era for efficiency, time and pricing. If you could please send your name, reference number and where you moved from to review@chessmoving.com.au we can look into the matter for you.

Regards paul