Chubb

Chubb

1.3

Joy Q.

Joy Q.Sydney, NSW

Horrible experience do not use this company

I contacted Chubb after I had an attempted burglary at my house. I told Chubb it was an emergency and that I needed an alarm and cameras!! They stuffed me around for more than 3 weeks. I then cancelled and the very next day I had an alarm installed with Citiguard!!!

Very happy with Chubb and impressed their service for more than 20+ years.

It appears people are just using this service just to complain. The great thing is are still operating during the Covid-19 period, their technicians are always honest and reliable. Yes their service rates are pretty average compare to cheaper providers, but you get what you pay for, and that is quality first. All their staff are based in Australia supporting local community. Thank you Chubb.

Sam

Not impressed with current lack of service

After over 20 years as a satisfied customer with Chubb received a message to inform us we were no longer being monitored without giving a reason. Several phone calls and still no reason but advised a refund due for period already paid for and assured still being monitored. Having not received a further account and not willing to be given inaccurate information by phone I submitted form as advised on website, so far no response!!!

Terrible!

After having an account with Chubb for many years I decided to cancel the account. I was convinced to put the account on hold. It was confirmed in writing that I would not be charged, yet they continued to charge my direct debit. I have been on the phone to them a number of times. I have asked for it to be cancelled and they all assure me it will be cancelled and the incorrect charges refunded, but they keep charging my account. I'm really not sure what to do. The customer service is terrible. I'm not sure if they are being deliberately dishonest, or if they themselves don't know how to cancel the direct debit and refund my money.

Kerry

KerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid Chubb. Not a good company at all.

Since changing to the NBN we needed to go wireless with the Alarm phone connection . The NBN was installed in Feb. Contacted them to get wireless connection installed for alarm. Alarm was not being monitored, if alarm was activated. Kept calling, no one ever called me back. Went with another alarm company, it only took 3 days for wireless connection to be installed.

Agast

AgastSydney, NSW

Avoid Chubb Security Alarm at all cost!

Roger

RogerNSW

Warning: horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

We been with Chubb home security 20yrs (NSW) and had NO PROBLEM! Out of loyalty, we continued with Chubb business in QLD for few premises! From day one until contract expired it has been a nightmare! can't get billing ABN/Company/Address right (but able to get legal letter for debt posted to right address, no invoices but only statement for outstanding etc... CAVEAT! Perhaps sales reps (Failed) are different to customer service (A+++).

NielM

NielMPerth, WA

Customer Service Isn’t Customer Service

Wont give me my refund

Athena

AthenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Violate of our privacy

This company has bought our details from another security company and kept calling you, you friends millions of times and said your alarms had problems while you never consented to use their service. When you told them to stop, they never stopped. They then sent you a big invoice. This company is insane! I will report it to Privacy Commissioner. They killed your valuable time, life and health!

Store LocationChubbhome

RUBBISH

I am currently requiring a service call and have been on hold for 61mins. I unfortunately need a technician so have no choice! I had a service person come out to quote a job 6 weeks ago and still have no communication from them regarding the quote. Rubbish service. We have 4 businesses with this company. I will certainly be changing companies in coming weeks.

SamSydney

Home Security hardware is awful. DO NOT go there

Motion sensors do not work at all. You literally have to dance right in front of them ( in terms of distance and positioned squarely in front of it) to have any chance of activating them. Despite that most times there is still no sign of life. Don't go for this, look at something else.

zostar

zostarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless!

I’ve been with Chubb for 3 years, since I bought my business.

I’ve paid all the invoices they've sent me in that time.

Today someone from Chubb calls me and says I’m 3 years behind in payments. This turned out to be because Chubb had entered my bank details incorrectly, 3 years ago, and since then had been trying to direct debit the wrong account.

At no stage in that 3 years has anyone rung me, or emailed me or written to me to check my bank details!

Now I have a huge bill, 3 years worth! And frankly I’m pretty annoyed.

ndkt250

ndkt250Brisbane

Home Security Service

Chubb security are absolutely hopeless, we cancelled the home security and advised that we would receive a refund on the balance of the annual fees.
3 months, 10+ calls, 10+ emails and numerous broken promises, still no refund, still chasing. Would you trust this company with your home or business security?

Don’t do it

Bruce

Bruce

security

Chubb came 4 weeks ago charge $99 to do a 5 minute inspection to replace the alarm system he said you will have a quote in a couple of days,ha 2 phone calls 2 emails and no reply they got there $99 and could not care less about any thing else

Pamela

Pamela

Absolutely worse service (or lack thereof) I have ever, ever received!

We are an Adelaide community radio station who unfortunately rely on CHUBB. I've had emails ignored (then told they had been replied to but their computer system had "crashed"). I've lost count of the number of times I've attempted to have our contact order changed & still the incorrect person is being contacted.
I don't know if it's lack of training or simply incompetence, but this is possibly the worst service (or lack thereof) I have ever, ever received.

SVG

SVGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad service / faulty system

Just bought a house with a chub security unit installed. The light had been going off on it for days, also setting off my dogs. I called the number on the unit of help, was told as the previous owner hadn't subscribed in years, that I was on my own and to book a technician. He also said that had I been a paying customer he could have helped me.

I decided to unplug the battery and circuit board tot he unit myself, which worked, and in future will subscribe to a more reputable company.

Worst Service I have ever received - Don't do it!!!!

What a joke of a service. No communication, no shows, parts not available, then get charged for them to come back and complete the install.

Helen S.

Helen S.Cobar

Scam to pay 3 years for 2 years service

Have received 5 'fixed' contracts in a row now where the contract says I will pay them for 36months for a 24 month monitoring service. Have called up every day for 4 days straight asking for it to be fixed, and every time I get the same contract with the same terms. Was hung up on last time I called after insisting on talking to the person sending me the contracts (whose name was on them all). They said he was busy.
$200 a month for 2 outdoor cameras, 2 motion sensors and monitoring. Reasonable price, would have gone with them, but they don't seem very professional.

Sydney travellerasked

Chubb Home security system: has anyone installed a Chubb Home security alarm, I received a quote for approx. $1700 & just wondering whether they are good or is the Bosch 880 better?

Shane
Shane

I tried to get a quotation from Chubb twice and was told a consultant would be in contact with me. I even tried posting on this site but obviously their customer service team do not check this page. I was patient enough to wait two weeks.
I then contacted ADT who quoted my alarm requirements at a great price. I spent $1300.00. Their mobile app is fantastic. I can see what windows and doors are open or closed. I can turn on lamps when we are out if it's dark so it looks like someone is home. After sales is terrific. I have now added 5 CCT cameras outside which can be viewed on an app. I like to get value for my money and quality hence why I have taken the time to answer your question. I guess you were lucky to get a quote. I believe if there is no service at the start of my experience after two calls and an email on this site, what would their after service be like? Maybe I was just unlucky!!

Sydney traveller

Thanks Shane, that's great to know. I might give ADT a call tomorrow. I'm not sure if the back to base is worth it.