Chubb

Chubb

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Roger

RogerNSW

Warning: horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

We been with Chubb home security 20yrs (NSW) and had NO PROBLEM! Out of loyalty, we continued with Chubb business in QLD for few premises! From day one until contract expired it has been a nightmare! can't get billing ABN/Company/Address right (but able to get legal letter for debt posted to right address, no invoices but only statement for outstanding etc... CAVEAT! Perhaps sales reps (Failed) are different to customer service (A+++).

NielM

NielMPerth, WA

Customer Service Isn’t Customer Service

Wont give me my refund

Athena

AthenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Violate of our privacy

This company has bought our details from another security company and kept calling you, you friends millions of times and said your alarms had problems while you never consented to use their service. When you told them to stop, they never stopped. They then sent you a big invoice. This company is insane! I will report it to Privacy Commissioner. They killed your valuable time, life and health!

Store LocationChubbhome

RUBBISH

I am currently requiring a service call and have been on hold for 61mins. I unfortunately need a technician so have no choice! I had a service person come out to quote a job 6 weeks ago and still have no communication from them regarding the quote. Rubbish service. We have 4 businesses with this company. I will certainly be changing companies in coming weeks.

Sam

SamSydney

Home Security hardware is awful. DO NOT go there

Motion sensors do not work at all. You literally have to dance right in front of them ( in terms of distance and positioned squarely in front of it) to have any chance of activating them. Despite that most times there is still no sign of life. Don't go for this, look at something else.

zostar

zostarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless!

I’ve been with Chubb for 3 years, since I bought my business.

I’ve paid all the invoices they've sent me in that time.

Today someone from Chubb calls me and says I’m 3 years behind in payments. This turned out to be because Chubb had entered my bank details incorrectly, 3 years ago, and since then had been trying to direct debit the wrong account.

At no stage in that 3 years has anyone rung me, or emailed me or written to me to check my bank details!

Now I have a huge bill, 3 years worth! And frankly I’m pretty annoyed.

ndkt250

ndkt250Brisbane

Home Security Service

Chubb security are absolutely hopeless, we cancelled the home security and advised that we would receive a refund on the balance of the annual fees.
3 months, 10+ calls, 10+ emails and numerous broken promises, still no refund, still chasing. Would you trust this company with your home or business security?

Don’t do it

Bruce

Bruce

security

Chubb came 4 weeks ago charge $99 to do a 5 minute inspection to replace the alarm system he said you will have a quote in a couple of days,ha 2 phone calls 2 emails and no reply they got there $99 and could not care less about any thing else

Pamela

Pamela

Absolutely worse service (or lack thereof) I have ever, ever received!

We are an Adelaide community radio station who unfortunately rely on CHUBB. I've had emails ignored (then told they had been replied to but their computer system had "crashed"). I've lost count of the number of times I've attempted to have our contact order changed & still the incorrect person is being contacted.
I don't know if it's lack of training or simply incompetence, but this is possibly the worst service (or lack thereof) I have ever, ever received.

SVG

SVGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad service / faulty system

Just bought a house with a chub security unit installed. The light had been going off on it for days, also setting off my dogs. I called the number on the unit of help, was told as the previous owner hadn't subscribed in years, that I was on my own and to book a technician. He also said that had I been a paying customer he could have helped me.

I decided to unplug the battery and circuit board tot he unit myself, which worked, and in future will subscribe to a more reputable company.

Worst Service I have ever received - Don't do it!!!!

What a joke of a service. No communication, no shows, parts not available, then get charged for them to come back and complete the install.

Helen S.

Helen S.Cobar

Scam to pay 3 years for 2 years service

Have received 5 'fixed' contracts in a row now where the contract says I will pay them for 36months for a 24 month monitoring service. Have called up every day for 4 days straight asking for it to be fixed, and every time I get the same contract with the same terms. Was hung up on last time I called after insisting on talking to the person sending me the contracts (whose name was on them all). They said he was busy.
$200 a month for 2 outdoor cameras, 2 motion sensors and monitoring. Reasonable price, would have gone with them, but they don't seem very professional.

Stephan Becker

Stephan BeckerBelmont

Service is slow and inefficient

I ordered an upgrade of a security system in a house we just bought. The quote was done quickly and I placed the order. It took a while to schedule an appointment which was then rescheduled because the technician got sick. He couldn’t finish the job on that second appointment and made another appointment 3 days later. This was a no-show. After calling “Service” I was promised a call from the technician within 15 minutes which didn’t happen - clocks seem to tick differently at Chubb.
Complaints are seen as an inconvenience and not as an opportunity to improve.

Therese

ThereseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't Shake Them

ShaneSydney, NSW

Waste of time

I requested an online quote two weeks ago for a back to base alarm system. What a waste of time. No contact at all.

Don't call it a service

We have had issues with the Alarm system for 2 days. It is going off by itself at very odd times. Asked Chubb for sending a technician. I was told have to wait for 48 hrs for some one to call me and arrange an appoitment. After 48 hrs waiting, was told 1st appoitment was available in 2 weeks. I don't know how they are still in the business.

Very poor services.

Sydney travellerasked

Chubb Home security system: has anyone installed a Chubb Home security alarm, I received a quote for approx. $1700 & just wondering whether they are good or is the Bosch 880 better?

Shane

I tried to get a quotation from Chubb twice and was told a consultant would be in contact with me. I even tried posting on this site but obviously their customer service team do not check this page. I was patient enough to wait two weeks.
I then contacted ADT who quoted my alarm requirements at a great price. I spent $1300.00. Their mobile app is fantastic. I can see what windows and doors are open or closed. I can turn on lamps when we are out if it's dark so it looks like someone is home. After sales is terrific. I have now added 5 CCT cameras outside which can be viewed on an app. I like to get value for my money and quality hence why I have taken the time to answer your question. I guess you were lucky to get a quote. I believe if there is no service at the start of my experience after two calls and an email on this site, what would their after service be like? Maybe I was just unlucky!!

Sydney traveller

Thanks Shane, that's great to know. I might give ADT a call tomorrow. I'm not sure if the back to base is worth it.

CategoryPhysical Shops and Home Care Shops