Citibank Mortgage

Citibank Mortgage

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dbat

Dbat

Terrible After sales service

QLDWA

QLDWAPerth

Not Impressed

From the other reviews here that you've read, I too took out a homeloan from Citibank through a broker. I had to follow several times with citibank's customer service people just to get things done ( their fax number wont go through, customer service couldn't really help solve the problem )
I will take my home-loan elsewhere within 12-24 months because they simply just refuse to re-negotiate ( fees or rates )

paulSyd

paulSydAU

Broken promises

Took my home loans to Citibank through a broker almost a year ago. A couple of months ago, they told me that they would give a better discount when I wanted to sign up with someone else. Waited for a month and no discount came, then they say they didn't promise the discount. I'm taking my business elsewhere, don't see a need to support an unprofessional company.
Their online banking is worst than NAB & WBC based on what I've used before.

Doesn't keep their promises, online banking the worst I've used.

morningsunshine

morningsunshine

Bad

It maybe a standard practice in the industry and as a first home owner I am unaware of. I am initially offered a low rate which appears to be a good deal but once I signed the contract, in less than a year's time, they increased it on me as the same time keep advertise a lower rate to attract new customers. People considering choosing this bank need to be careful.
Reasonably good customer service
Play tricks on rates

qqbrightstar

qqbrightstar

Terrible

I got home loan with them via the broker. Their product was nothing special other than higher interest rate. They added in new 'admin cost' when there were interest cut, and never remove this fee even after the interest rate rise up again. More interesting is - I found they still claim 'NO admin fee' for this type of loan on the CANNEX report. which is very misleading as when been asked if they no fee why still charge this fee to my loan. They had no good explanation but insist not removing this fee either. I was not satisfied with it found another bank and stopped my business with Citibank.
nothing I can think of.
pretty much everything that one have to experience as customer.

purplelion

purplelion

OK

I like the flexibilty of the loan, but I am looking to change to someone who has a lower interest rate.
I have a line of credit, statements come monthly, never had any trouble with paying bills from the account.
I found that the rate is slightly higher than others, and when I called to see if I could get a better rate, was told yes, then at the end of the call was told that it would cost me another $400 to get the better rate. Also, when you ring the call centre, I have always spoken to someone with a thick accent, and find it hard to understand them. Plus, they transfer your call at least 5 times before you get someone to help you.

MaximusRabbitus