Online, Branches

1.5

Murfy

MurfyPerth

Booragoon NAB Deceitful captitol of banking

I lost my job my Dad died used Nab assist have been lied to about redraw facility
Cannot redraw $500 on a redraw loan computer says no .Grubs lies manager smirks at Booragoon branch staff incompetent lie to your face about redraw facilities get you to put money in then you can’t redraw .DO NOT USE NAB
use the other worst bank first as these guys are lying to everyone .Read Nab
reviews.Parasites.

Robi

RobiSydney, NSW

Thieves

Absolutely ridicolous.
Account balance shows money going out on June 25 2020, then money apparently comes back in (from where??) and then all of a sudden I am -$1,300 down!! Bunch of thieves!!

You are absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Tom

TomPerth, WA

Predatory Tactics

Been with the bank for years, specifically because of their online banking budget app; Money tracker.
Now, in the middle of covid, when everything has gone to hell and there is no way I can change banks right now, they take away this product and replace it with something that is, frankly, useless. When I complained that this product was one of the main reasons I even use NAB they literally ignored my arguments so i'm submitting a complaint to AFCA.

Bryon B.

Bryon B.Sydney, NSW

NAB bank worst customer service ever

Justine S.

Justine S.Sydney, NSW

Transactions are all over the place and really messy!

It is hard to keep track of finances when they change the order of the transactions and make new balances that are not in the correct order that they occurred. I am very disappointed to be with this bank.

Crowdy

Crowdy

Left confused

My simple idea was to take out some cash to buy a car from a seller who would only accept cash. The staff are friendly but I hit a brick wall trying to take out some of my money in cash. A staff member told me they do not have much cash and only get what they need once a Month. I left confused. As an update I was told by customer service that I should go there early to get a max daily limit of $10,000. They suggested I phone the branch first but the number found online is the usual general inquiry one not going to the bank itself. Still confused! Well eventually I did find a branch willing to help and gave me the cash I needed. Happy ending!

Reza

RezaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

dramatically slow

I have been 8 years with this bank. they are terribly slow in branches. always two people working the rest walking. some of them are very arrogant.
Too old clerks and too slow

Alexandra.S.

Alexandra.S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

UNORGANIZED AND LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

I called and booked an appointment with the loan specialist. Over an hour on hold and finally booked in. Took a day off work to attend only to receive an email 1 hour before cancelling the appointment and blaming the customer for it, even though I had nothing to do with it. Tried to find out what happened and they couldn't get in touch with the branch or the person who sent the cancellation. After having again to be put on hold for an extremely long time they finally gave up and said I could always try and book a new appointment for another day. A waste of my time and I recommend going to another bank with better service and more organisation.

TopicLoan Application
Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

What a joke

Have a business bank account with these guys, made a transaction, attempted to login the next day, account blocked. I called up and waited for over an hour to then be told that I got most of the ID questions incorrect, asking about my employer 10 years ago and my passport when I first open my first ever account 15 year ago. Don't waste your time if you are business owner and time poor. They are a joke

TopicBusiness Banking

Dangles

DanglesNSW, 2340

Fraud

I had $177.85 stolen from my account. I clicked on the link that says dispute transaction. Even called Customer service. Staff member admitted it’s even happened to her. Sent all information about it. NAB didn’t do anything to help. They only removed the translation on my online bank statement. Which they are not legally allowed to do. However I did take a screenshot of the statement before they removed it. Told them this & sent photos & never heard back from NAB.

TopicGeneral Transactions

The price for a fee free bank is bad customer service

Witnessed an incident of a very grumpy bank teller at Top Ryde Branch, the lady was going off at an elderly man because he did not use the ATM to deposit money. Clearly she felt inconvenienced by him coming into the branch. Did it not go through her thick head that he was standing in line for over 15 minutes? I'm sure he would use the ATM if he knew how to. Anyway, her aside, the general NAB culture is such that I try to avoid going in branch or calling whenever I can. I have let people go in front of me in line and I like to wait until the bald guy is available - he is very nice.

Bradley G.

Bradley G.Mid North Coast, NSW

Worst Bank to deal with (International Transfers)

Anonymous762Victoria

I am quite happy with Nab. Thank you.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
edinpiper

edinpiperSydney, NSW

Never use this bank

I just wanted to say after close to 20 years of customer loyalty never use this bank. (No stars would be preferred but 1 is minimum)

there is a total lack of customer centricity and they just spin you a heap of process blockage in seeking to defer and/or delay seeking to provide any assistance whatsoever. However they make no attempt to offer any form of service.

You raise a complaint and they lie and mislead and then deny any form of escalation. Thats right they lie and then defer and do not help in any way whatsoever.

Take all you baking elsewhere

Waste of time and effort

Amazing how a simple renovation loan request ended up in a heap of red tape. Keep your money NAB. We will manage it ourselves in the end. All the best.

TopicLoan Application

Jodie

JodieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looking out for fraud on my card

Someone had used my card on a Friday night and made a $1546 purchase. NAB contacted me straight away, suspended my card, then issued me with a new one, investigated the claim and refunded my money. All in the time in which I wouldn't have realised until I did my EOM reconcilliation. Super happy customer. Go NAB!

Ying

YingSydney, NSW

Very bad customer service on the phone

the worst

NAB deserves all of the bad press it garners for being a business that is incompetent at best and criminally negligent at worst. From what they invest in to how they conduct there online security is really problematic.

Cathy

CathySydney, NSW

Changed mortgage payment without asking

Have been with NAB over ten years. Never impressed by their service or their rates, but never
bothered to change, figured all banks are the same. Recently had my mortgage payment changed by them (because of COVID they're supposedly helping me by dragging out my mortgage even longer by reducing the payments) If I want it changed back to what it was, I now have to go on some app to fix it. Everyone should check their automatic payments, otherwise in the long run you'll be paying more interest.
Keep accepting poor service and you keep on getting poor service. Time to choose another bank.

Close my credit card but they still charged annual fee after 6 months

I have closed my credit card in November 2019 but now June 5 they charged my credit card with annual fee. I asked them why the nab credit card was still shown in online banking, they said it will take 6 months to disappear. Now I know the reason why is that. They are just ripping people.

TopicCredit Card Application

Anonymous762asked

Dear Nab, Members and ex Nab members,
Does having a concession bank account instead of a normal everyday bank account increase the possibility that Nab may take away your credit card?

Thanks in advance for answers.

(Some banks take away your credit card without explaining the reason, even if you keep up to date with your credit card /loan re-payments, and I do not want for this to happen to me).

micheal
micheal

have you thought about asking the bank to get the correct answer

Anonymous762

Yes, I have thought of that.

Smpasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

I'm with NAB but my friend isn't. Can she deposit cash into an atm and send it to my nab account? Does it matter which atm she uses? Her banks atm? Mine? Any?

iamagirl1969
iamagirl1969

No she can't deposit into a NAB ATM if she doesn't have a card to access it. Why would she want to do this? To send you money all she needs to do, is send it via online banking from her bank account to yours. Most banks have OSKO payment systems which allow you to pay someone in real time. So I need to pay you for something, I go online I submit your bank account via your bsb and account number and with OSKO payments, you will receive the money immediately.

Hope this helps you out.

Smp

Hi thanks for your reply. I realise now it's an odd question.
For certain reasons she wants it to be an anonymous deposit so not account to account. I know it can be done. I just don't know if it has to be done via my own banks atm or if it can be done from here to mine OR from any atm to mine. She would use her card.
Lol weird I know and hard to explain with out back story

No it can't be done. all banking transactions within Australia are tracked. Sounds to me like your friend is a bit shady. I would avoid attempting to assist her in her anonymous deposits, because it sounds suspiciously like some kind of fraudulent activity is happening.

James S.

James S.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Hello, Can i deposit cash into another companies account. I have tried this i have there bsb and acct. Numbers. So far i cant do.

Brenda Langella
Brenda Langella

You should be able if you have the app click on pay anyone and put in the details that should work

What error message are you getting? You may have an incorrect account number or BSB number and or the other parties bank account is closed?

Get an answer from our members and NAB representatives