NAB (National Australia Bank)

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Branches and Online

The most debilitating and frustrating banking experience of my life.

Not much to say other than after three weeks of back and forth, explaining my needs to everyone from branch managers to telephonic conversations and emails, you name it, I've done it, I'm still nowehere closer to having my account. All they've done was wasted my time. Ridiculous. I should've known better seeing they're one of the big five. Never again.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

NAB- What a disgrace

Been with the NAB for over 2 years now, have 2 home loans with them and keep getting hit up for yearly fee's we never signed to for or knew about. Rang the bank and explained we were never told about the fee's on the 2 home loans and if we did would of never signed up with them. Then explained we enquired about other interest rates and if nab could match we are happy to stay. There response was bad luck in both questions. What a putrid and obnoxious response to customers. We have since closed all accounts and re financed.. I'll never use the nab again as long as I have a breath In my body.. What a way to act....

Shocking

I spoke with tika from the call centre. I told her I only had a few minutes of credit left and I needed an account balance. She asked me more than the required questions. I kept telling her I’m about I run out, I felt she did it just to be stupid.
I now have no account balance with no talking credit. Thanks Tika

Terrible

Customer service s so rude. Very bad attitude with very bad tones very bad experience. They r not helpful they r just making everything more harder. Never call Nab.

What The Royal Commission Missed

I am a 20 year nab customer and 5 year (former employee). The Royal Banking Commission did a sound job but missed the biggest issue - people and HR! Since when is diversity ensured because people are simply from a different background? What a group-think farce. Also, since when is it better to base a decision on immutable characteristics. Manufactured outcomes as opposed to equal opportunity is the game for banks - ie idiots. There are pathetic, obese and uneducated functional illiterates - mostly in 500 Bourke Street - hurry up and leave, get an education and learn how to spell and add.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Worst Phone Customer Service

I have been with NAB for the last 13 years. I have a saving and home loan account with them. Today after these many years , I have contacted NAB to only enquire about if few changes in my home loan are possible. I haven't asked them to do any of those changes , I only wanted to know if those changes are possible. After listening to the NAB robot for 7 minutes , they have transferred my call to 4 different people to the point that I asked them to not to be worry about my question and I will go through another bank if I need the required service.

Deliberately confuse customers

We've had a joint account with the NAB for decades and the other day I wanted to put Credit Card Apple Pay on my phone. A rang the call centre and they proceeded to try to identify me and then told me that because I couldn't tell them what transactions had taken place on my accounts, they couldn't verify it was me. My partner does all the transactions not me. What part of it's a joint account don't these people understand? I had an internet login etc., but that wasn't good enough. It seems it's a joint account when we owe money, as in jointly and severally responsible for a debt, but when it comes to setting up a function on the account, then as an individual I have to be on the phone in a room on my own and my partner to the joint account can't be there with me. When I couldn't tell them what automatic debits were set up on the account they assumed I wasn't legitimate. Finally, I gave up and went to a branch and sorted it out, but that shouldn't have been necessary. NAB need to clarify for themselves what "Joint Account" means. It can't be one thing in one instance and something else in another. I'm very annoyed with NAB and the inconvenience they caused me.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

This is the worst bank I have ever been with in my life

I have been with them for years and have been loyal, but when I was in a situation where I needed help when involved with a scam, nothing, they will hang up on you and act as if it is not even happening

Review TypeATM Experience and General Transactions

Nab FlyBuys Rewards Vista Card

I find this Credit card very useful as every purchase you make will go to flybuys as points when this cuts off each month which is extra points for your Flybuys account.
Card Type: Vista
Additional Cardholders: 2
Purchase Rate: 19.99% P.a
May get a late payment fee
Annual fee: $95
Interest Free Period: 48 Days

Purchase Rate
19.99%

Best customer service

best customer service, spoke with Jose Cruz about company account. thanks for the info provided to me and extra help. Have the best customers service in the industry.
thanks again for help

Review TypeNew Account

Account ripped off

Settled a mortgage and had the proceeds in a nab account awaiting new purchase. Was contacted by the bank to say that the account had been accessed 30 times. This person was courteous and assured me all would be well
They returned “most” of my money in a few weeks but not all. This is where it became interesting. Spoke to somebody obnoxious, guess this a tactic. Then someone nice called to offer settlement with agreement not to take matter further with bank. They didn’t credit any interest for the period and made me feel lucky to get anything back. Far cry from the first conversation. Never had a problem with internet banking before and the way Nab resolved the issue was disgusting really

Worst bank ever

Changes bsb without any inform.my all payments stuck in the system i argue with my boss that i haven’t got the pay but he transfer in the same account as usual but due to change of bab i haven’t got that

Saved my account

Absolutely huge from NAB to stop a hacker from accessing my account, just a massive result, NAB were Huge in stopping dis happening and couldn’t be happier, thank you NAB, you’ve been massive, just huge

Worst Customer Service

Tried to open a new bank accounts as a new customer and after more than two weeks of submitting requested documents I did not hear anything from Warwick WA branch, just a complete ignorance although emailed and phoned to find out what's happening. Requested to get back all my documents but than he A.M. @ Warwick branch ignored me again. Been with banks more than 45 years but this by far the worst possible service. Absolutely useless, slow and pathetic customer service. Stay away from NAB in particular Warwick WA branch.

Review TypeNew Account

Horrible customer service

Been banking with NAB for over 7 years
Went to apply for a loan
One of their staff members gave me false information which was a result to refusing my loan.
Now they’re trying to blame it on me despite the recording of the phone call.

2 weeks to get a personal loan

I have just changed my accounts over to NAB. What a bad experience I’m regretting my decision.
Went for the loan online.
Bank tried to call my partner at work so she rang back. Couldn’t get a hold of them after calling 19 times.
Finally got a hold of them, they said she had dual accounts and needed to go into bank to merge them. She closed this account 10 years ago.
They verified who she was. But didn’t do anything about it.
Rang the Branch and they said didn’t need to go in and she had to ring back up.
Finally got a hold of someone who said they would merge them.
Didn’t hear back from the bank for a week so I rang them.
We applied for a joint loan. Loan wasn’t in my name only my partners even though I applied for it with my ID.
At this stage 10 days had passed. Operater told me to reapply for the loan and start again. What a joke.
I went into branch and they got it moving. So after 11 days I finally had a application number I was given.
Rang the bank back up because I still had heard nothing after a couple more days finally was able to get someone to find out I needed to give them my bank account and pay etc. at no point I was asked for any of this the 12 days prior.
I expect this from a small bank but not from a top bank like nab.
Seriously thinking about pulling my accounts and home loan away. I would of got service better somewhere else and have been served better by other banks.
Seems like no one knows what they are doing and all their processes are two hard and none of the correct information comes through to their own staff let alone their customers
0/10 for this bank.

Review TypeLoan Application

Can process EFTPOS twice in 2 minutes but cannot reverse the transaction in 6 days and counting

Have been holding our eftpos reversal of over $500 for over 6 days and counting. -the entire rest of our paycheck after a bill got deducted twice. We are on a low income - they offered us an overdraft - which when I read the terms and conditions on the website attracts a hidden fee to them - so they get to profit by holding people's money hostage. If an eftpos transaction can be deducted twice in 2 minutes WHY does it take so long to return the funds??? Also offered to lodge it as a disputed transaction - then we got an email saying to take evidence down to the branch if you don't own a scanner.

Manager couldn't accept the evidence to start the disputed transaction process at the branch - because she can't contact the disputes department - so they apparently don't even have the ability to make a phonecall or scan documents at their branches.
We have a credit card payment due WHILE they hold our money to pay it hostage. So they get to profit AGAIN by a late payment fee no doubt because they keep saying the money will come back but they cannot say when, they cannot say where the money is either so we have no ability to negotiate with them or the Water company because we can't give them a date we can afford to pay.

Next step is AFCA. to get the money back for us after which we will never use EFTPOS again - we're a cash only family from here on in. I hear banks like NAB want us to all move to cashless - good luck with that if this is what can happen!

Customers be warned - unless you're rich, don't use electronic methods for larger payments, cash only for amounts you can't afford to lose.- because if a mistake is made, you'll be out of pocket for quite a while.- as in how long is a piece of string long. NAB will tell you they don't have the money, the bill you paid folk will tell you they don't have the money, - it just goes poof and ceases to exist.

Shame on you NAB: No consideration of the elderly

My elderly mother has had no end of trouble trying to make sense of the telephone banking system. She could not recall her phone banking ID number today and when she called to be issued with a new ID number, the only security question they would offer her to allow them to provide same was for her to provide them with the date and amount of her last transaction with them. She found this very difficult to recall and became quite flustered when she couldn't remember. She was told that if she was not able to provide this information they could not assist her. I find this ridiculous! Surely they could have asked for some other form of verification in order to assist her. This experience has left her more confused and very upset. She was told the only option she had if she was unable to recall her last transaction was to go into a branch to transfer any funds, which is extremely difficult for her to do. Shame on you NAB.

Slow service

Hello, i had my birthday on the 19th :-)which was a holiday, i got transferred my present on Saturday, and its not in today (25th) i was hoping to get it by Friday or i will have to wait another week to get my car released, i don't see why i should be happy. With the transfer times.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Single Mother Stranded In Sydney 4 Days While Call Centre Unable To Release Money From Customers Account

Took my first holiday in 6 years and my daughter and i were heading to Sydney for Easter and her Birthday on 18th April. I called the Customer Service Centre and confirmed I could access money that i saved on the 18th and explained to them what I was doing and that I planned a holiday to Sydney. We left Brisbane at 3am in the morning at 8.30 I called the NAB to release the money into my savings account they confirmed they could do this and in the same conversation I was told it would take 24 hours. I said I am going to Coffs Harbour bank as I was nearly out of fuel to continue our trip to Sydney. The CSC said they would email Coffs Harbour to let them know I need help. They done an over draw on my account and said it would be fixed up the next day. On Saturday I went to buy food and declined still no money in my account called CSC and said that they could of said 1 Business day. So here I am in Sydney nab supervisor offered me to over draw my account again $200 for the rest of my holiday because she does not have the authorisation to give me more as all the managers are away on their easter break.

How you treat your customer of 30 years you has paid thousands and thousand of dollars interest and leaving a single mother stranded in Sydney while manager leave little authorisation for supervisors while they have 4 days off for Easter.