15Citroën C5

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
Brand Manager for Citroën? Claim your listing.

CeeDee57Sydney28 posts
RoscoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Michael
Michael

Nothing bad to say

My 2012 3L twin turbo HDi is nudging 190,000km now. At these kilometres it will soon be the longest I've ever kept a car and I've no thoughts of changing it. It's still a fantastic car and a joy to drive.

I travel almost 1,000km each week, about a third of that is metro, the rest is highway. It absolutely eats highways and hills for breakfast and I probably spend $90 on fuel each week.

As others have said it's well built and wonderfully comfortable. No squeaks, no rattles, no groans.

I'd get another one tomorrow.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC20 posts
  Verified Mk.2

a great car

This is a very comfortable car to ride in. It handles very well in all conditions and irons out most road bumps. The services are spaced out to 15000 km or once a year and are not too expensive. The diesel is economical at about 9 lt/100km. There is a small amount of road noise but tolerable and the performance, while not sporty is acceptable. This is a very reliable car (I'm in my third one) and the only major problem I have had is the battery failed in the latest two cars within two years of purchase, (bought new). The first was T-boned by a red light runner and the second I traded after six year to my current vehicle. The major downer with me is the brake pad dust quickly accumulates on the wheels.

Sid
Sid

I love it

I'd never had a Citroen before and I was a bit apprehensive (reliability and resale) about buying one when I bought mine new in 2014 and I'm very glad I did. It's now done 35,000 km and no problems… I'd never had a Citroen before and I was a bit apprehensive (reliability and resale) about buying one when I bought mine new in 2014 and I'm very glad I did. It's now done 35,000 km and no problems…

Carlos
Carlos

Problems with panel parts

Whilst I love everything about the C5 the same cannot be said about Citroen Austarlia shipping the correct body panels. Recently I was hit from behind and twice the wrong parts were delivered. Just say your prayers you are not involved in a collision. It will be quickly for you to fly to France auto bring the parts yourself. We waited 6 weeks! I am now defecting to another brand after my lease expires! I even offered to pay the $120.00 air freight fee to get this bracket quicker but Citroen Austarlia said no "all parts leave every Friday from France".

pierre cx
pierre cx8 posts
  Mk.2

Here we are 3 years after purchase and my first ever diesel car had a fuel filter, a set of michelin

Still using cheap plastic, very disappointing in a car of this quality. Reliability is good first starter motor replaced last year and brake pads soon. You have to keep on top of the front end geometery, have an alignment done every 6 months. The driving position is as good as my cx2400 better with the multi position steering wheel. Performance is surprising in a 2.2 liter diesel but when the turbo kicks in the rear drops down like a citrően should. In short, just love it.

Show details ·  1

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
wurzell gummidge
wurzell gummidge3 posts
John151
John151AU32 posts

Best Car I Have Owned

Provides an excellent ride with the bonus of being able to raise or lower the car. Very advanced, including lowering of suspension upon reaching 110 kph, etc.

Sophisticated, both internally and externally. Has features too numerous to mention including seat massage, lights that see around corners, automatic wipers, etc.

No problems after 36k and being diesel, very economical for a car of its size.

Red baron
Red baronRushworth
Tim
TimPerth, WA8 posts
  Mk.1

Daniel P. · C5

Hi like to know can u remove the diesel v6 and fit it's 2l 4 cylinder counterpart

Daniel P.

Ok thxs I asked cause I have engine all running gear including computers from another same model same yr just 4 cylinder

Seong Bae H. · C5

I have recently bought a 2011 Citroën C5 (X7) Comfort, 2-litre turbo diesel with 6speed auto. It runs well. However every time when stopping, it makes a tick-ka noise. I took it back to the dealer but the dealer says it's normal. So before I take it to a mechanic, I would like to know if yours makes similar noise.

And I recently changed fuel filter by myself. During filter change, I drained fuel in the fuel filter housing by opening the drain screw. After that, I tightened the screw fully and later I found out that air is coming in from there. When pressing prime ball, fuel came out through drain horse. This is how I found out that. So I unscrew it a quarter, and this resolved the issue. This is a bit strange to me. Is this a right position? However I still see air bubble in fuel line from time to time. Is it normal?

CeeDee57

Hello, congrats on your car. I am not familiar with the kind of noise you describe.
The is not really the right forum to ask, we are reviewers, not mechanics.
I suggest that you join aussiefrogs.com (free) and post the question there.

Seong Bae H.

Hi, thanks for suggestion. How about air in fuel line? I am wondering if you see air bubble in your car fuel line as shown in the video. https://youtu.be/3Lr_rirZ314. It seems to happen after long drive.

Ross T
Ross T · C5

C5 2008 6 speed auto 2 litre diesel
Difficulty in moving out of park on gear lever
The “t bar “ electronics.,the brake switch under car (performs 4 options)I
understand and the wiring harness to switch have All been replace but the
fault persists. Can anybody suggest where I can look next ? Ross

Compare all Citroën C5 listings
CategoryWagons and SedansWagons and Sedans
Starting Price $52,990$57,740
TransmissionAutomaticAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypeDieselDiesel and Petrol
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power133kW @ 3750rpm100kW @ 4000rpm
Max Torque400Nm @ 2000rpm320Nm @ 1750rpm
Country of ManufactureFranceFrance
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Citroën? Claim your listing.