4.1

Gamal A.
Gamal A.
  Verified WA, Malaga

Not good enough

I hired them to move 3 beroms, kitchen and living area. I listed all the items I was planning to move, they booked me 4.5 ton truck. I told them multiple times 4.5 tonner truck is not big enough. They assured me it will work.

Now they arrived at my place, I checked the truck and told them it won't fit, they checed my stuff and assured me it will work.
At the end it did not work, they suggested they could do multiple trips and of course I have to pay extra money.
I contacted their supervisor but she was no help at all.
I end up using my own vehicle and doing multiple trips to move the rest of the stuff

Kimberly Y
Kimberly Y4 posts

Think twice

I booked a straightforward local move in Melbourne. The removalists showed up 5 hours after the allocated arrival window I was given by Citymove. Whenever I rang up, the people in the customer service call centre kept telling me that the movers were on the way just to get me off the phone. Citymove outsources their removalist services to third parties and their call centre is based overseas, so it was clear that no one knew what was going on. It was an absolute shambles, and no one at the call centre rang me back when they said they would.

Update: Citymove responded to my email after I posted this review, and we have come to a resolution. I hope they can use this experience to improve their service.

Christina
Christina Sydney, NSW
  Verified Citymove Removals

Amazing removalists, whatever the job or the conditions

David and Matteo approaches a difficult move with a ‘can do’ attitude and a smile. They offered me lots of choices, which made me feel comfortable, and they asked for advice before moving specialty items, which gave me confidence. They took great care with all of my possessions, regardless of value. They moved me during heavy rain, all day, and never complained, not even when moving my back-breaking pinball machine. Their encouraging comments throughout the move kept my spirits up, which is a godsend for anyone who is moving.
Pav
PavSydney, NSW4 posts
  Verified NSW, Waterloo

Great work

3 bed apartment to a 3 bed split level apartment. On time and had to use lifts in both buildings. Caio and Juan where great , friendly and efficient with the move.
Amber
AmberIllawarra, NSW2 posts
Tom F
Tom FSydney, NSW4 posts
  Verified NSW

Scamers, Liars, you will be sorry of you use Citymove, listen to the bad reviews, they are accurate

! bedroom being moved from Sydney to Melbourne. Lady by the name of [name removed] was on top of everything and persistent, then I booked and all down hill. [name removed] lied, when asked to speak to Operations manager, transferred me to another Filipino lady, feel this is run all off shore. Be very careful, when I advised new bed and a table had all been damaged, sent photos, was told by [name removed] 'its not our fault', if you go with this company, you will regret it. Very dodgy, ask to speak to the manager of the company.
Eva
  Verified QLD, Morningside
Rory
RoryVictoria
  Verified VIC, Brunswick

What a waste of a good move

After completing a big move, the company blew any advocacy they had with me after failing to resolve a double billing of the job. I get it, sometimes you make a mistake, but after weeks of contacting the company (including the CEO), I received no emails or calls offering a solution to the matter. It feels like they just don’t care at all, so my recommendation is to find someone else who will care.
Jan J
Jan JGreensborough

Efficient courteous service

The move was of a 3 bed house with a 15 minute drive between locations, starting and finishing on time.

The 3 removal men were excellent, hardworking, and careful, ensuring everything went to the right rooms all done with great courtesy and good humour.

Mark
MarkSydney

Citymove Dodgy (Google it) DO NOT USE

Apart from the ACCC fining this mob TWICE for fake reviews, (Google citymove dodgy), they were a disgrace to deal with. They quoted 4hrs for a job that they then took 8 hrs to do, doubling their bill. The "professional" removalists are backpackers, one barely able to speak English. Save yourself the pain and find another company.

Deb L
Deb L
  Verified NSW

Percy and his team were amazing

My lovely Citymove team moved my mum and I to a three bedroom unit in the Inner West of Sydney. Luckily, the move was not far, but still daunting for my elderly mum. The three team members were extremely friendly, polite and efficient. We were very thankful for their wonderful work and attitude. Definitely service with a smile. On time, fast and efficient. We would definitely recommend them.

Kunal
Kunal
  Verified NSW

Great service and prompt communication

I had to move a few items from one location to another. The service from Citymove was prompt, professional and highly competent. The items were accounted properly and transported safely.

Bokkie
Bokkie · Citymove Removals

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Citymove Removals   DM
Swiggs
Swiggs · Citymove Removals

Hello

I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days.

Please advise of when I can expect to hear back?

M.Swiggs

Citymove Removals   DM
kwv42
kwv42

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?

Compare all Citymove Removals listings
CategoryFurniture RemovalistsFurniture RemovalistsFurniture RemovalistsFurniture Removalists
Services OfferedInterstate Removals, Local Removals, Storage and Transit InsuranceInterstate Removals, Local Removals, Storage and Transit InsuranceInterstate Removals, Local Removals, Storage and Transit InsuranceInterstate Removals, Local Removals, Storage and Transit Insurance
LocationsACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WAACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WAACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WAACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA

Contact info for Citymove Removals