Efficient courteous service

The move was of a 3 bed house with a 15 minute drive between locations, starting and finishing on time.
The 3 removal men were excellent, hardworking, and careful, ensuring everything went to the right rooms all done with great courtesy and good humour.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne

Citymove Dodgy (Google it) DO NOT USE

Apart from the ACCC fining this mob TWICE for fake reviews, (Google citymove dodgy), they were a disgrace to deal with. They quoted 4hrs for a job that they then took 8 hrs to do, doubling their bill. The "professional" removalists are backpackers, one barely able to speak English. Save yourself the pain and find another company.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney

Percy and his team were amazing

My lovely Citymove team moved my mum and I to a three bedroom unit in the Inner West of Sydney. Luckily, the move was not far, but still daunting for my elderly mum. The three team members were extremely friendly, polite and efficient. We were very thankful for their wonderful work and attitude. Definitely service with a smile. On time, fast and efficient. We would definitely recommend them.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney

Great service and prompt communication

I had to move a few items from one location to another. The service from Citymove was prompt, professional and highly competent. The items were accounted properly and transported safely.

Great move!

The move was great. I moved from an apartment to another apartment and the guys were very efficient and quick. Everything went so well. The guys were on time and moved quickly from the beginning.

Office LocationQLD, Chermside

Very good service

2 bed room unit , short distance yes it started @8.15 and finished @ 12.15 we were very happy with the service we received. Thank you very much Coral Welsh

Office LocationQLD, Chermside

Smooth and efficient

Long distance (I don't drive so travel is difficult for me)
Move was started and completed in an appropriate level of time
Moving from a 4 bedroom house to 1 bedroom unit, however I do not have a great amount of property/belongings

Office LocationGold Coast QLD

They where very polite and professional

They arrived on time and communicated with a phone call when they left there premises to let you know they are on there way and on arrival. I would recommend them to family and friends with no hesitation.

Office LocationNSW, Marrickville

Personable, Careful and Hard Working

4 tonne truck packed to the brim.
The guys did an amazing job!
Didn’t give up to get the furniture out with the extremely tight squeeze and was extra careful not to damage the property.
Appreciated the rush I was in to get to my son for daycare pick up and went the extra mile to unload.
Friendliness was also a bonus!

Office LocationQLD, Morningside

Easy as

It was only a Small move a short distance. It Made life really easy. I’d use them again in the future.

Office LocationQLD, Morningside

Couldn’t have been any better!

Sebastian and Diego were lovely, careful and professional and deserve a bonus for the effort they put in today. You wouldn't have a business without these boys; two best movers we've ever had. Arrived at 7am on the dot; they finished a 1 bedroom studio apartment on the third floor (no elevator) in under 3 hours. No easy feat!

Give these guys a raise.

Be warned

2 Bedroom move but with 3 pick up locations. City move was recommended by a friend. But it's not the removalists I am warning you about it's the customer care. I discussed the shrink wrap for mattress during sales call. It even says on its website one is included for free. On the day of the move there was none. Removalists said they don't have it. Called the head office and he says they ran out from the morning job 'but thinking of the dear customer we came to your job instead of getting a new supply'. But they had blankets which are 'not that dirty.' I explained to them it was not about the dirt but hygiene. Bed bugs rats who knows what has been on that blanket. During a subsequent call about another issue (see below) I mention this issue as it hadn't been resolved. Now they tell me my husband had permitted them to load with blankets eventhough they were sourcing the shrink wrapping so not their problem I was told. I ring my husband and he said he wasn't given a choice. It was getting loaded with blankets or not loaded. For my baby's mattress I asked my husband to put it in his car and bring it up. Not risking bed bugs or nasties for a baby.
Then came the issue with our couch. During the initial call I asked them could they ensure or note on the system the removalists had to be those experienced with moving kings furnitures as I had been warned when I had my sofa delivered that not everyone knew how to move kings furniture. He said all fine as they are so experienced so no issues. Today the removalists tells me it's electric sofa so has to be disassembled. I said no. It came in one piece delivered by 2 people. No one is doing that to void my warranty on kings furniture. When I called the head office they tried to blame me for needing an extra person. I informed them I previously specifically asked them whether city move knew how to move kings furniture. Long story short short the customer service was happy to waive the waiting time for a third person to arrive to help with the couch and the fees for the third person. That was a nice touch.
But how did the call end? It didn't end on a positive note. He kept on making excuses re mattress which I didn't want to hear. He said it wasn't his fault I was having issues with city move. Perhaps I was a little harsh as I wasn't happy with the move at all but a move shouldn't be so hard.
So he told me me that he or the complaints team will check the initial calls to see whether I had discussed the shrink wraps and kings furniture in my initial calls. And I said please do so. I'll update the post when the job finishes and will update what I am charged. The pick up was at 1.45 at the third pick up and it's now 5.05.
So if I was to move again which I'll do so I will not use city move as it had been extra stressful in addition to the stress of moving. Next time I'll take recommendations of a local ones or the owner operated and run ones.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
The move took 8.5 hours. The removalist took one 1.5 hour break and told us “we dont charge” but at the conclusion of the move they charged me and said talk to the office. And removalist also charged for that “waiting for the third person time”. He said cant do anything on his app so talk to the office. He didnt charge for the third person but that was only for moving the couch into the truck and off the truck - max 15 min as I was moving 5 min away in the same surburb. This is nothing compared to the “toilet” breaks the two removalist took 3 times with the other one just standing still. The removalists were very slow, taking calls numerous times during the move at which time both stopped what they were doing. And one of my DVD shelves did not get unloaded. Dont make the same mistake as me - CHECK THE TRUCK. They also transported my King furniture so badly that one of the pistons on the recliner came off. He did not even know where it came from and yet he was going to dismantle it initially. Lucky I didnt let him. And I have just found out he has ruined one of the drawers to our bed. It’s off the drawer rail it seems. So I cant open it at all. I wont use Citymove next time. And I will NOT recommend them to anyone.

Friendly & Efficient Team!

I am writing you an email to say a great big THANK YOU to your team for helping us prepare for the move from Artarmon to Ryde in Sydney on May 25, 2018. Tina was great in coming to meet with me to explain all aspects of the move and all of the packing materials arrived in good condition in plenty of time. On the day, the guys arrived on time and safely and efficiently took all of our furniture and crates downstairs. This was a stairs job at the old site so I would like to say also a big THANK YOU to Rodrigo, Thiago, Caio, and Wendel for doing such a great job! Everything was moved to the new site in great time and the boys were very helpful in helping us to place the furniture.

I can’t thank your team enough for making our move so smooth! Thanks guys!

Office LocationNSW, Ryde

Interstate a no-go

Had used previously for intra-city moves with no problems so thought I would give them a go for an interstate move.
Despite their website boasting they are interstate experts, the reality is for our move they subcontracted to another cheap removalist. Communication between citymove and the subbie was bad, and trying to get any information out of citymove regarding timing etc was very painful and limited.
Subbie only arrived at 7pm, causing us to change our travel plans with additional cost. Subbie arrived wearing thongs, didn't have any tools, and immediately started demanding extra money as they argued that the volume was more than they were told (despite not measuring).
On dropoff once again 7pm arrival, manager on phone telling me if I didn't pay an extra 800 immediately then they wouldn't unload the truck. After yelling on the phone for ten minutes they then demanded an additional 150 for stairs (despite my having informed citymove of stairs). No communication from citymove to subbie regarding payments already made. The subbie broke our bed and damaged our staircase.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne

Great service, fast and careful

Reasonable size move from apartment to apartment - added difficulty of busy complex and small lift/doors. Both movers were kind, efficient and effective.

Office LocationACT, Canberra, Kingston

Move went well. Boys did a good job

Manuel and Renan were brilliant. They did what it says on the truck, moved my stuff with care. They even had plastic wrap to extra protect my king furniture. third time using them - always happy. They aren’t cheap though, but I’d rather a careful move than broken things.

Excellent service

Vinny was excellent. He deserves a raise. He was efficient, friendly and strong as an ox. This is the third time I’ve used city move and can’t fault them.

Convenient

We needed to storage 9 pallets on a 20 feet container. the distance was not to long since we are located in Marrickville. Everything went well but there was a 3 hours delay.

Office LocationNSW, Marrickville

Canberra - rude, broke my bed, and left a filthy mattress at my old place

I was moving one bedroom in a share-house. The move was only a few suburbs away. They were really rude, and didn't seem to care about my stuff. They broke a slat that connected my bed together (presumably) and when I went to put my bed together it was missing. They left a filthy mattress from a previous job lying up against the front wall of my old house.

The company twice tried to overcharge me, once on the phone at the time of booking, and again once the job was complete. Then when I complained, they promised me a $50 refund, then refused to honour that.

Worst move experience ever

Citymove claims to make your move easy... where instead they made our move HELL. It was disappointing & stressful at every step.
We were advised to book a 4 tonne truck for a three bedroom apartment with a garage. This was already too small and on the move day we were shocked to receive a 2 tonne truck. This size truck is only suitable for moving one room at that. After repeatedly phoning Head office to express our concerns there was no answer and so we were forced to make 4 trips back and forth and use our cars to ferry our furniture. The three men we were allocated were slow and unhelpful- even after we gave them a tip upfront to go faster. Zero care factor.
We followed up with head office the following Monday and received no response until weeks later. We were promised some compensation and months later this refund has not be honoured. I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs. There is no accountability or customer care in their brand values.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?
Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to enquiries@citymove.com.au with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs
Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete. Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?

Similar listings