3.6

Kelly

KellySydney, NSW

Enjoyable evenings with lots of genuine singles

James A

James ASydney, NSW

Fantastic Night Out!

Events ok. Online profiles are complete manipulation

They send 4 profiles per day to view and send messages. No one ever replies there. No one knows if they exist or not. No info. About the last login date. Complete waste of time, every day sending messages to non existing profiles. And also you wont see the cancel subscription button on your profile until you pay for couple of months. Another strategy to rip you off

Jana Z.

Jana Z.Sydney, NSW

Badly organised, waste of time and money

I paid for a ticket on Mardi Gras night and there was no reminder that they booked a venue that was completely blocked off due to the parade. I had to walk for an hour to try and get past the street blockages but after being half an hour late I gave up. I complained to the host about the organisation and choice of venue and he got angry and said he had worked hard to organise the night. I felt him arguing with me was bad customer service.
Their events are always a disappointment.

Mind W.

Mind W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

City Swoon Crew thanks for a good night

So my first City Swoon dating experience began with much enthusiasm and ended with deflation.I must admire the dedication of the City Swoon staff, and their welcoming and hospitable nature.I found the event easy to navigate for the most part,but if I required assistance staff were more than happy to oblige.However finding a date remotely interested in me seemed almost impossible.Again as is the case with many events of this type the attitude of the clientle derail its ultimate progress.I will be back again,however will not be counting on dates to ensure it is a good night.Plenty of good people at the event to socialise with.This is a big plus.Well done City Swoon keep up the great work.

Rob SMelbourne

Good in theory. Business model is designed to take and keep your money though...

Visa upheld my dispute.

Michelle R.

Michelle R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Haven't found Mr Right yet but hopeful so far

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We work really hard to make our events the best in the country. Hope you have a great time on Thursday too :)

Kiyo N.

Kiyo N.Sydney, NSW

Great way to meet new people...and fun!

Teresa. H.

Teresa. H.Perth, WA

Worst date night company I have ever used

Huge waste of money

Chao

ChaoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good event

I found my Mr. Right through at adelaide event. We have been together 13 moths and we are getting marry next May. So excited... I believe you can find your special person at there.

Hi Chao,

Thank you for sharing your amazing news! Congratulations to both of you :)

Not good value. Wouldn't recommend.

Not worth it at all

Went to a Canberra event recently for $89 and ended by with only 4 dates with Women. The numbers were extremely lopsided. I don't know the exact numbers; but it was something like 6 Women to 12 Men. Cityswoon match you guys calling them "Wing Men". On the night, I got matched to other guys 3 times.

I am not paying such a high amount to meet other guys. I would have much more preferred the night was cancelled (even at a late stage) than show up for this farce of an event.

Raj
Raj

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero talent and average hosts!

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Well organised and a fun night

I was really nervous about my first time speed dating but the nerves soon passed on entering. Chris greeted me with a warm welcome and all nerves faded. All the guys were friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was nice to have the opportunity to engage in conversation with compete strangers in a relaxed environment.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi MrPJB, thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we're really glad you enjoyed the night! Happy Dating!

Perthsie2020

Perthsie2020Perth, WA

Too expensive, poor quality of men, no variety of drinks on tap.

John

JohnGladesville

Great Relaxed Way to Date

After being to many other speed dating nights I found City Swoon the best way to meet new people. The relaxed atmosphere and venues are on point. The Staff running the event and the app used make it very easy to find your next date. I would recommend this over any other speed dating company due to the fact you get more time with each date and dont feel rush in a straight line.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi John, thanks for sharing your thoughts on our events, we appreciate it and will pass on your thoughts to our hosts and venues. We do try and make the events as 'natural' as we can. Happy dating!

Met the One

Met a beautiful girl in a crowed bar as a result on the City Swoon event, we hit it off and there has been no looking back. Shot down to Melbourne for the ballet and proposed during the intermission.

We were in the right place at the right time both mind body and soul.

Hi Turtle, thank you for sharing that awesome news! ***Congratulations***

Great fun and well structured

After trying both speed dating and online dating previously, this was a great experience. I was matched with like minded people in a fun and relaxed environment. I met my partner through city swoon and have been with her for 8 months. We are both still amazed that we found each other and are so thankful. Thanks City Swoon

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Brett, Wow! That's fantastic news. We are so happy for both of you! We love hearing about this. Thanks for sharing.

Anne

Anne

Fun night

This date night event was awesome, the staff are amazing. One in particular staff member is Chris from Sydney!

He is the admin guy and he was so amazing over emails! You will not regret going or if you email Chris, he was so accommodating and went beyond his way for me.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Anne, thank you for the review! We really appreciate it.

Natasked

Hi. I have been reading many reviews around your business Unsubscribe option. Some are from tech savvy people as well as other challenged tech people. As a business who repeatedly states it has its clients best interest at heart and that you are not just about the money, wouldn't CitySwoon respond to feedback by placing a single tab named Unsubscribe with the same tab line up as Profile, Home, Events etc. Then clients can just hit the tab, end of issues between clients and yourself. You may like to add a pause membership tab, which would be attractive to clients...nitrate a fee if you want to reactivate their membership after preselected time slots. Membership recruitment and retention would improve. I also read you were a small business competing with other larger companies...so why mimick them when you can trailblazer a truly new and exciting upcoming change in your services as suggested above?

Transparency and good customer service in a timely manner is what will put your business in front.
Good luck. But until changes like the above suggestions are made, you are no different or more appealing than all the other online dating sites.

Natalie

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi Nat, thanks for the suggestions. We're making some great additions to the memberships. We are actually very different to any dating site in the world since we offer live matched dating. This is unique and effective and it's the reason we've grown so fast and members get a big discount on tickets :)

Nat

Thank you for your response,a lthough I think it is quite generic.
I can tell from your reviews that people have a lot of fun at events, making friends and socialising with others in their age group. But your service seems to provide more of a purpose for individuals to go out because they know they belong to a group invitation. Individuals may be more hesitant to simply go out to pubs and bars where live bands or other events are put on by proprietors of venues. Your service meets that niche. However, the reviews track poorly with regard to actual matching people of similar comparability. Comments?
Also, I find your options for events demographically narrow. I can assure You, given the right venue and event that you would have people above the age of 46yo interested in comparability matching services you advertise.

Boyd L.asked

Hello Cityswoon, I just attended my first online speed dating event via Zoom. Just wondering as to what happens next. Do we get a follow up email on how to contact potential daters?

Boyd L.

Disregard this message, I have received a follow up email on how to contact potential daters. Thanks.

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hey Boyd, glad you got it:) Please let us know if you need any further assistance - we are much more responsive on our customer email admincontact@cityswoon.com.
Cheers

Brisdaz

Brisdazasked

I went to a video speed dating yesterday night. Two of my female friends already had access to matches but even now 12 hours later I don't despite being promised immediately after.

I've emailed and tried to ring CitySwoon from 9am which is when it said it was open according to Google Places. https://www.google.com/search?channel=trow2&client=firefox-b-d&q=cityswoon

However I haven't been able to contact CitySwoon.

A bit disappointed that you get my money and then have poor after event service. I was thinking of doing it again in the next few weeks but this has me thinking again?

When does CitySwoon open?

Customer Care C.Cityswoon

Hi, I believe this was resolved for you now. Thank you for your patience. we understand that would have been very frustrating for you. We are doing our very best to work with new tech and processes and actually built a new page yesterday to enable you to communicate. This is all very new to us. Best of luck catching up with your new connections :) Thank you for being with us though this big transition.
Brett

Get an answer from our members and Cityswoon representatives