Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser

See the Best All Purpose Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Gumption? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Safe for use on multiple surfaces

• No bleach or harsh chemicals

• A little goes a long way

• Smell

Shannon C.
Shannon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Renewed Headlights

I used gumption to remove the yellowing on daughters car headlights. The car was 15 years old but polished the yellowing off and improved the driving lights at night. What can’t gumption do!

Purchased in June 2018 for $5.40.

Morgan K.
Morgan K.South East Queensland, QLD

Seriously, what can't it do?

I was recommended to use gumption by a friend and I have since used it to clean a variety of things such as pot stains on tiles, burnt grease on a stove top, calcium stains on tiles. It's amazing

Purchased in June 2021 at Woolworths for $5.40.

Loz R
Loz R

A must have

This is so useful to have around the house, we have used for so many years and will continue to do so. Like magic, and a great invention, i recommend it

Purchased for $7.00.

All Purpose Cleaners

Find out how Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser compares to other All Purpose Cleaners

The many wonderful uses of Gumption,

One of the best cleaning products invented. When I was a young boy I would watch my mother take out the Gumption from under the sink. It would amaze me how sparkling clean the stove top and the stainless sink would always be. A little goes a long way. It's great for pots and pans and barbeques! Works well with a non scratch scouring pad. Highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2020.

goldcoastlady
goldcoastladySouth East Queensland, QLD

Cleaned my oven pans when other products couldnt

Used a little of this magic stuff to clean my oven pans and sink. Even removed soap scum from the bath. Less is best with this wonderful product. Will def buy as this product is timeless

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles.

Ana
AnaPalmerston 2913, ACT

Gumption damaged my kitchen floor

I used gumption to clean some high heels stain of my kitchen floor and the product simple took off all the colour and the brightness of the floor. I am really disappointed with this product and have know idea what can I do.

Purchased in July 2020 for $6.00.

Opey
OpeyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Gumption works the best.

To those who think Gumption scratches surfaces I have used it for over 11 years on my tempered glass shower doors and stone benches.
Light rubbing works a treat. Don’t fear, give it a go.

Purchased in January 1982.

Jen
JenSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Stain remover too

I had a tough week old stain to remove from a sheet and it came out with gumption with a damp cloth. No soaking of item necessary just threw in the wash A+

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $5.40.

Alex
AlexPerth, WA

Best Cleaner Ever!

Purchased at Woolworths for $5.00.

Sue Johnson
Sue Johnson

Best cleaning product ever.

I am a Property Manager and I recommend Gumption to my tenants. Best cleaning product ever. Ticks all the boxes. Wish I could get samples to give to my tenants. Once they try it they would never look back.

Purchased at Woolworths for $5.00.

Cushla J
Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Gumption is a staple in my house!

Gumption is definitely a must have in our home. I have used it for everything, from outdoor tiled areas, to ovens, to walls. It is wonderful. It doesnt leave a chalky residue like i initially thought it might, and even the most stubborn marks are no match. There is not one mark around my house that I have not been able to remove with gumption.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

Xì N.
Xì N.Sydney, NSW

This changed my life :)

Im so happy that i have tried gumption, it is a liquid version of magic eraser and even better. I used it for almost everything in my home especially for the kitchen :)

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

Kim R
Kim RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the environment

We have been using Gumption for cleaning the white surfaces on our boat after a suggestion from another boatie.
It's perfect ! It brings everything back to life - and it's not harmful so we can use it anywhere on the water.
Another bonus is it is spillproof and small so easy to store when you have limited storage.

The tub we have has lasted forever .

Purchased in January 2017 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.99.

WENDY GARRIHY
WENDY GARRIHY

One of the best.

Has stood the test of time. Original and still one of the best. Removes grease n grime in showers, kitchen, and more. Brings up a stainless steel kitchen sink like a dream.

Purchased in August 2019 for $5.00.

J Fern
J FernSouth East Queensland, QLD

Oldie But A Goodie

As an ex-professional cleaner, and a busy mum, I have had to clean my fair share of messes and Gumption is my go-to cleaner! I have recommended it to so many friends who ask me, “How do you clean your toaster/cooktop/marks off walls/shower glass/rangehoods/sinks, etc?”. What I love most about Gumption is that it is a soft paste so you don’t have to worry about it running down a vertical surface or being sloppy like some other cleaners, and you don’t spray it so no airway irritation as with spray cleaners. It doesn’t scratch, has a pleasant clean smell, is quite affordable and a tub lasts forever so it’s great value for money. Just wet your cloth (or for dirty shower glass, use a steel wool pad) and start rubbing. Best general cleaner ever!

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Juni J.
Juni J.asked

Hi there.
Just a simple question. Can it work on plastic lens like car headlight?
Thank you for your time % help.

Hi Juni,
That’s a great question, I use it mainly for domestic cleaning and have never tried to use it on plastic lens or car headlights. If would be best to contact the manufacturer and find out. Here is the email consumer.care@clorox.com Please include the reason for contacting first and last name your email address and phone number and customer care will respond. Regards Eugene ITS NEVER TOO LATE HANDYMAN SERVICE

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

No. There's a special headlight cleaner you can get from Auto stores for that.

Tracey S.
Tracey S.asked

Can gumption be used if I have a septic tank?

Hi Tracey, that’s a great question. I’ve never used it on a septic tank before so I wouldn’t know. Try contacting customer service for Gumption. There number is on their product. Let me know how you go. Regards Eugene.

JJR
JJRasked

Hi, is there any way to loosen gumption after it has gone hard in the cupboard?

See all Gumption Multi Purpose Cleanser questions

Features:

Gumption Multi-purpose Cleanser uses a special soap formulation with unique exfoliating beads to break down and gently lift the toughest of stains, grease and grime out of the surface.

Gumption can be used on most modern surfaces such as natural stone benchtops, laminates, baths, basins, tiles, stovetops, ovens and even stainless steel sinks. It can even restore the shine to your pots and pans.

This product contains no bleach or harsh chemicals, meaning it’s safe as well as versatile.

• It’s very simple to use
  • Contains no bleach or harsh chemicals which means no harmful fumes and is mild on your hands
  • Restores shine in dull items
  • Lifts and removes the toughest of ingrained stains and grime
  • It’s safe for use on most old and modern surfaces around the home
  • Available in two scents: Fresh Lemon and Eucalyptus
  • It’s economical – you only need a small amount of product to clean a large area
  • Tried and tested for over 60 years
  • Comes in a 500g tub

What reviewers thought:

Reviewers overwhelmingly loved the product and said that they find a little goes a long way. It works on fragile or rough surfaces and removes most stains very effectively.

CategoryAll Purpose Cleaners