Coleman 12in Rechargeable Fan

Coleman 12in Rechargeable Fan

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coleman

1.9
  • Power

Perfect for camping with a 12V system

We don’t run ours off the internal battery, so I can’t speak to that. We have a full 12v system for our camper and this fan works great for us. It blows a good amount of air on high to keep us cool. In the cooler months we run it on the lower setting to keep air circulating and for sole white noise. As a plugged in fan, it’s a great buy.

Purchased in September 2020.

Sandy C
Sandy CMid North Coast, NSW

DON'T BUY !!! BEWARE

Bought this last summer for indoor and outdoor use. only used half a dozen times.
Got out a month ago to use for this current heat and will only work on DC and not on AC or if does only goes for up to a minute max.
Troubleshot everything and took back to place of purchase and they kept to test and ended up agreeing and refunding as was still under warranty.
Thought Coleman would be a good brand but obviously not :(

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W Online Store for $79.00.

Other Standalone Fans

ThiThi
ThiThiSydney, NSW

Battery doesn’t last

It’s not good for camping
The battery doesn’t last long not even 2hrs
It’s started to slow down while the weather it’s hot. You gotta constantly have power for it to run .

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W.

Standalone Fans

Find out how Coleman 12in Rechargeable Fan compares to other Standalone Fans

Jared
JaredMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The reviews are true - a faulty product and a waste of money

Used once then doesn't work properly. Clicking sound coming from Fan. Fan speeds up and slows down by itself and sometimes just doesnt work at all. Such a waste of money. I should have paid attention to these reviews... but i optimistically thought "how bad could it be" - well ill tell you how bad. Dont waste your $80. You WILL be disapoointed.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W for $79.99.

I think I have found the problem.

My supposedly 12 volt fan only has one 6 volt battery in it but the accommodation for two.
So I assume this is the problem with all the fans that people are not happy with and why some people are very happy as they have two batteries.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Definitely doesnt last 6 hours on low

Bought to use disconnected out camping and in the garden. Promise of 6 hrs on low setting after a full charge. Not so. 2 hrs on low setting at best.

Purchased in November 2019 at Anaconda Physical store for $79.00.

Think they are faulty

We brought a 12 in fan a BCF Townsville, have only used it about 8-10 times. Noticed the last couple of uses it didnt run for very long, fully charged it lasted 50 mins on high. Have spoken to a couple of people that have had the same problem. A lady said she replaced the battery and still didnt work. If only after a few times using this, you have to buy a new battery that seems a bit ridiculous.

Purchased in November 2018 at BCF.

Wayne
WaynePerth, WA

Bad Battery, Wiring or motor?

Bought this fan approx 18 months ago from Rays Outdoors, it worked fine at home on AC & DC took it camping and used it for a total of probably 8 hours on and off over 2 days with charging in between and it worked well. after being stored indoors for around 12 months we took it out to charge (18hrs) but the fan died within minutes and wouldn't work on AC (only charging) but died after 10 minutes on battery, the "on off" swith seamed a bit dodgie however bought replacement battery but fan did the same, I now think it has something to do with the wiring or the motor, I have bought another one just in case I got a bad one (doesn't look that way now) let's see how this one goes on the weekend camping.

Purchased in September 2017 at Ray's Outdoors for $79.00.

Other Standalone Fans

8 inch has poor battery life

We have the 8 inch and the battery life is much the same as the 12 inch. After 24 hour charge the battery could only keep the fan going for 1.5 hours on low. Tried twice with same results. This is probably why it doesn't advertise the battery life on the box where other makes advertise 4 hours on low.

Purchased in February 2019 for $50.00.

Standalone Fans

Find out how Coleman 12in Rechargeable Fan compares to other Standalone Fans

Very disappointing

We purchased this fan from BCF and it has never worked properly. Never worked when plugged in and only works briefly on battery. You can hear it struggle before it completely cuts out. This may have ruined our camping trip but we purchased two desk fans from woolies for less than half what we paid for this fan.

Not Recommended

Agree with [name removed]. Continually cuts out and won’t operate directly from 12 or 240 v

When on battery also cuts out.

Purchased in late October from Snowy’s.

No criticism of them!

Doesnt work fully

This is my second coleman rechargable fan 1st one i had for about 12 months had it plugged into a power point and also charging I'm thinking then it dies on me now my second one is doing the same thing anx iv only had it one week. I bought my second one at bcf in cairns as traveller i am now in emerald sitting in 38 degree heat with a coleman fan that is cutting in and out going shopping first up tomorrow to buy a different brand of fan i will be needing it.

suzley
suzleysydney

So glad I bought this

I bought this fan from Snowy's in SA in preparation for threatened power cuts in Sydney this summer. It is a really good size and works extremely well. It works, as stated, for six hours on slow and four on high. As an added bonus, it can also be used as an ordinary fan plugged into the mains. I was so impressed that I bought another one. Very good purchase and very flexible, not to mention useful. Snowy's SA are a terrific company to deal with - efficient and professional.