Coleman Instant Up

Coleman Instant Up

4, 6, 8, 3

• Portability

A simple, strong and great value tent.

Purchased in December 2019 for $435.00.

Portability

Great design. Poor quality materials.

Purchased in January 2019 at Snowies for $429.00.

montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Really good value for money.

Purchased in June 2017 at Tentworld Online store for $200.00.

Fion

FionMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Left us without shelter

Easy to set up and take down however have only used for approximately 3 camping trips. Experienced some gusty winds last camping trip and tent collapsed. 2 corner joins broke. No-one else's tent collapsed. Only had one more night for the holiday - had to sleep in the car.

Purchased in October 2018 at Anaconda Physical store for $287.00.

Awesome tent

ive had the instant up darkroom 4p set up in gale force winds and driving rain and it never moved an inch or leaked at all .. ive had sun shelters a zempire aero3 an oz trail and they have bent and blown over(the oztrail snapped) my tent stayed up i love my tent. ive now upgraded to the gold 6pv tent cant wait to test it out. im guessing if a tent is not properly set up and guyed out any tent will fail in even the mildest of rain and wind i wont own any other tent 10 stars i owned the 4p silver before i upgraded to the 4p darkroom and it was awesome as well

Purchased in April 2016 at Anaconda Physical store.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Performed well

Used 4p instant uo for the first times. Had 5 days if constant rain and thunderstorms most nights. Stayed dry as a bug. Loved the ease if setup and dismantle.

Purchased in November 2018 at BCF for $149.00.

SeamusWollongong

7 nights and fly ripped in lots of places, Warrenty worthless

Purchased in February 2019 for $299.00.

Kathleen FSydney, NSW

It collapses in any wind

The tent is very easy to put up and down, its roomy, there’s enough ventilation but I would NEVER use it again because it simply collapses in wind. You can check the weather all you like but its not safe to take a tent camping which will not withstand an unexpected windy night. I had to drag 3 small children into a friends tent at 1am in the morning as the tent collapsed multiple times- I checked the entire campsite the next day and EVERY OTHER tent that survived the mild wind, I think the tent should be recalled. I’m submitting this review as I really don’t wish this predicament on any other campers. All other types of Coleman tents in the campsite were fine.

Purchased in February 2018 at Anaconda Online store for $300.00.

JustMe

JustMeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Collapses

Have used it about 8 times but anytime there is a breeze, the elbow (or elbows) of the poles collapse.
Came back to my tent flat as a pancake on the ground last trip.
Too dangerous to risk using again.

Purchased in January 2018 at Snowys Outdoors Online store for $250.00.

No Good in the wind

We bought a 10 man Coleman instant up a couple of years ago for a two teenage daughters to share. We've Used it 3 times, (2 weeks each) total of 36 odd days. 1st year. All good. 2nd year day 1 windy night and a thick plastic spoke on the top snapped. Coleman sent me 4 as replacements?. This year 1 windy night and roof over centre hub ripped, front roof fly ripped and seem above left zippered door of actual ten ripped. tent irreparable. They're not worth the extra $$ you pay for ease of putting them up. Not wind friendly at all.

fergus

fergusSouth Australia

average

Bought the 4 person instant up gold tent,the poles the make this tent stand are useless,come apart at the elbow in the wind,the telescopic part stops staying up,the spring ball that keeps the poles from sliding down into each other loses its place(you will know what i mean if u have one of these tents) very average quality,useless warranty

Michael

MichaelPerth

Does not like a strong wind

Very easy to put up and down. Great if you have to do this on your own. The third time we used it though a cold front came through the South West of WA and gave about a dozen hours of 40 to 70 km/h winds. It apparently is wind rated to 80 km/h but I am not sure what that means. One of the elbows manage to break the holding screw which then put extra force on one of the other legs and bent one. The Coleman guarantee does not cover wind damage. Patched it up for about $30 but I am not entirely confident in it. WA does have a lot of wind and this is not the tent for this state.

Henri

HenriMid North Coast, NSW

LEAKING TENT

1 year old tent, used 3 times, bought in September 2017, we love camping thought we'd do ourselves a favour and get this easy to put up tent. It's great to put up and pack away for sure, and it was a reasonable price bit here's the bad news.... IT LEAKS IN THE RAIN we noticed a wet floor, on inspection noticed water leaking in all 4 floor seams, very disappointed will never recommend this product, not nice when bedding down and the bedding is wet. Certainly will NOT recommend this product.

Andrew G.

Andrew G.Goolwa

Finally Tenting Nirvana

EVA

EVAPerth

Good, but use the guys if windy

FitzyDakabin

Happy campers

Purcased recently 6 man tent stays dry comfortable inside with shade just outside your door relax reading a book having quite drinks or bbq with the family easy to ensemble with minutes then your all ready to go and explore

Fitzy

Great product compatible and easy to transport when your going camping

Unhappy with RSPAC insur

Unhappy with RSPAC insurAdelaide

The easiest tent I have ever used

We are fair weather campers only. This tent is really easy to set up and to take down, I do myself (one female adult). We opted for the gold series, I wish I had got a dark series but the budget didn't stretch. It comes with everything you need (pegs, ropes, even some entrance mats) and has 3 generous awnings. We bought an additional ground cover to go under the tent. It is very well ventilated. The real strength of this tent is ease getting it up and down. It takes longer than 3 minutes to do everything. But one person can do it with ease and the carry bag it comes in is generous. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is I would love if it came with or you could purchace fly screens for the awnings.

The King

The KingSouth Australia, 5000

Simple & Excellent Quality

We bought it specifically for our cross Australia Trip due to the quickness of the set up as we were moving a lot and it was great. We ditched our 8 person tent in favour of this Coleman and we can't fault it. It's survived rain, 90km wind and many many camping trips. Highly recommend.

Reichman

Reichman

Good, though not *as* good as they say

Susie

SusieAdelaide

Amazing tent

Cath

Cathasked

Instant Up 4

This only the third time I have used this tent. Experienced showers for 22 hours on and off and the fly is leaking onto outside wall of tent.
I would expect that the fly would stop water from striking through to tent. How can I fix this problem. I’m worried if heavy rain the tent may leak.

Peter
Peter

Hi Cath, have not used tent in constant rain. BCF sell a waterproofing spray for about $15 which is very good. Maybe a good spray with that will fix the problem. Peter

Soulhavenasked

Used twice and very happy with it (10 person tent). However, locking button on rear leg of frame refuses to work at all.
How to fix it?
Is it fixed under warranty?

Seamus

good luck with warranty claims Colman seem not to care about the stuff once they have off loaded it. See the retailer and hold them accountable. Try a squire of WD40 and see if that does not loosen the thing up.

Soulhaven

That is a very disappointing assessment of Coleman. One wonders that they do not appear to want to lift their game.
The suggestion to try WD40 seems pretty obvious but worth another try in the circumstances.

Brendan.D

Brendan.Dasked

Hi everyone, looking to get a great tent for the weeker with rain and sub zeros is this the tent for me?

Kathleen F

I’d be really careful before you buy this tent. It says it’s not suitable for high winds but I’ve been in this tent with the frame collapsing when my weather app displays winds at 20kmh. Frankly it’s not worth the risk unless moving to the car at 1am is an option. I’d be selling mine but I can’t bare passing this problem on to another unsuspecting family. Coleman should recall this tent.

Seamus

and given my experience no warranty that is worth anything, think twice about buying this brand. Buyers beware.

Get an answer from our members and Coleman representatives

Download manual