2Coleman Instant Up 6

Jaffa the Great
Jaffa the GreatSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Money well spent

Me and my Rotti girl have been living in this tent for 140 days and nights
I've pulled down and put up in wind and rain and attached the fly on my own. Its been drenched on the outside bashed by storms inside does not leak. Tension and correct alignment of fly over tent structure is the key to give you piece of mind
I can't fault this tent in any way and the $400 price tag makes it a good tent to have. Show details
presidentmum
presidentmumSydney, NSW

Can’t be trusted in the wind

4 days in mild weather-great. Lights, could stand up, had the dog.
10 nights in Jindabyne in winter- great except day 1 due to wind and had fo use our hiking tent.
3 days in winter-disaster. Wind gusts 40km/h. Poles buckled and knuckles snapped. Goodbye $700 and Coleman instant up as can’t be trusted Show details
WaznJo
WaznJoPerth, WA
Des
Des6 posts

Could be good but poor materials used

Pros: easy to set up and break down, lots of ventilation and handy storage pockets
flouro guy ropes, pretty good in the rain, good quality floor on gold series tents.

Cons: tends to collapse in moderate winds breaking knuckle joints, heavy, fly screens so flimsy they stretch out of shape and hole easy even with the gold series.

If you decide to purchase an instant up tent make sure you take spare knuckles and tools to fit them. Show details

Tanvir hussainPerth, WA7 posts

Big price for cheap materials

I bought a 6 person instant up a year ago. Did 3 camping so far. One of the pole clip not working anymore. Had trouble setting up in my last camping site. Its actually not as easy to set up as advertised. Fabric not of good quality, floor wearing out after only 3 uses i can see small holes against sunlight.  Show details
Stan
StanPerth, WA

Poor quality

The pole clip mechanisms have snapped on several times, it even collapsed one night with no wind. I find it unreliable and a hassle due to the pole mechanisms. Once they start to stick its also very hard to set up.
Otherwise it could be a great tent, space, height etc. but very heavy.
Jane
JaneCentral, SA3 posts

Coleman Easy up tent 6 person

Easy to put up and Pack away but easily falls down on top of you in the wind. Which is quite disappointing. Great if you are camping with absolutely no breeze. Doesnt seem to matter how many guide ropes and pegs you put in the top corners collapse with the slightest breeze.
 Show details
Vinny
VinnySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
Shayne J.
Shayne J.
Fion
FionMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Left us without shelter

Easy to set up and take down however have only used for approximately 3 camping trips. Experienced some gusty winds last camping trip and tent collapsed. 2 corner joins broke. No-one else's tent collapsed. Only had one more night for the holiday - had to sleep in the car. Show details
Kathleen F
Kathleen FSydney, NSW2 posts

It collapses in any wind

The tent is very easy to put up and down, its roomy, there’s enough ventilation but I would NEVER use it again because it simply collapses in wind. You can check the weather all you like but its not safe to take a tent camping which will not withstand an unexpected windy night. I had to drag 3 small children into a friends tent at 1am in the morning as the tent collapsed multiple times- I checked the entire campsite the next day and EVERY OTHER tent that survived the mild wind, I think the tent should be recalled. I’m submitting this review as I really don’t wish this predicament on any other campers. All other types of Coleman tents in the campsite were fine. Show details
JustMe
JustMeSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Collapses

Have used it about 8 times but anytime there is a breeze, the elbow (or elbows) of the poles collapse.
Came back to my tent flat as a pancake on the ground last trip.
Too dangerous to risk using again. Show details
FitzyDakabin6 posts

Happy campers

Purcased recently 6 man tent stays dry comfortable inside with shade just outside your door relax reading a book having quite drinks or bbq with the family easy to ensemble with minutes then your all ready to go and explore

Fitzy

Great product compatible and easy to transport when your going camping

Unhappy with RSPAC insur
Unhappy with RSPAC insurAdelaide8 posts

The easiest tent I have ever used

We are fair weather campers only. This tent is really easy to set up and to take down, I do myself (one female adult). We opted for the gold series, I wish I had got a dark series but the budget didn't stretch. It comes with everything you need (pegs, ropes, even some entrance mats) and has 3 generous awnings. We bought an additional ground cover to go under the tent. It is very well ventilated. The real strength of this tent is ease getting it up and down. It takes longer than 3 minutes to do everything. But one person can do it with ease and the carry bag it comes in is generous. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is I would love if it came with or you could purchace fly screens for the awnings.

Susie
SusieAdelaide3 posts
  Verified 6

Rochelle K. · Instant Up 6

Is the bag the tent comes in waterproof, or should we invest in s waterproof bag for keeping the tent on the roof?

Tanvir hussain

The bag is not waterproof! You will need to cover the bag if carrying on the roof. I normally lay the bag across the back seat floor in my RAV4.

Belle
Belle · Instant Up 6

last year my waterproof instant tent leaked all over and I had to spend the night in a hotel and go home. I would like to try another waterproof instant tent but could I have a separate rainfly for security?

Beth · Instant Up 6

Could a 5"2 woman put up and take down one of these tents on her own? Do you need to be able to reach the top of it to put it up or to take it down. I would be camping with a 6 year old, so it will be awhile before he can help out!

Loovi
Loovi

I think you could lay the fly over , secure it and then extend the legs up. So yes, I think someone your height could erect this tent alone. I did but im 5'6". Super easy to put up.

Beth

Thanks so much! That's good to know.

Sha