Coles Home & Contents Insurance

• Home & Contents (50)
    • Home Only (8)
    • Contents Only (8)

MichelleHunter Region, NSW

I am shocked at how they have become worse than before. Worst company rude staff

Have been waiting for over a month. Lots of phone calls and get no reasonable answer. Total lack of respect when communicating and dismissive.
They wanted me to give them autority to settle the claim without any scope of work.
When i asked for itemised prices and scope of work I was told it is their private business.
Policy is cheap and so is the service received.
I am moving away from this company as I no longer trust them.
Ask to speak to supervisor and was denied.
The rude man talked and talked over me and finally hang up on me.
Thank god for the ombudsman.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim ApprovedYes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Michelle, we're disappointed to hear of your poor experience. Please send us a private message with more info, including your claims details and we'll look into it further for you.

COL202214976

not very flexible

not very flexible & ignore customer wishes seeing i am a severely disabled pensioner. absolutely no good will at all and so every time i make a payment i am penalized by bank for being late

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Darryl, if you'd like to send us a private message we'll have our Customer Care Team look into this further for you.

Ebony

EbonySouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give no stars I would

I have never ever dealt with a worst insurance company. Pathetic excuse of a company. My claim has been on going since early November. Useless.. save your self the money and hassle and DO NOT GO WITH COLES INSURANCE

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ebony, we're disappointed to hear you've had a poor experience with your claim and we'd like the opportunity to have this looked into further. Please feel free to send us a private message with more info, including your claims details.

Sue

SueSydney, NSW

The pricing is good. But the customer service is so hurd to understand.

Pricing is good. Did not understand the call taker. Been with Coles for 3 years. Asked the call taker to repeat his questions . At the end he did changes without me accepting them when he sent me my end result of my policy

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Sue, thanks for getting in touch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to check your policy and confirm these details for you.

Marilynr

MarilynrSydney, NSW

Paid premiums for years and wasn't covered

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Marilyn, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience. To follow up on this, we recommend calling our Claims Team on 1300 265 374, as they'd be best placed to assist and address any further concerns you may have.

Hiranya

HiranyaSydney, NSW

Do Not get this insurance! They take your money but do not help you!

I am incredibly sad I left NRMA insurance and joined this lot as they had a special deal on the Fiffy Plus Club. Well they take your money and wriggle out of paying you when you put in a claim. My AC stopped working when there was a power surge on 31 December 2019. I told them I need it as I am a bad asthmatic. It is ducted-so it is in the roof cavity-so House and Contents should cover it! They said it is not covered as my policy is an event only policy-like fire or storm etc. Unbelievable!

Type of ClaimExplosion
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Don’t insure with Coles

Worst home insurance company to deal with, people at the call centre are rude and do not know what they are talking about, they were very quick in sending the assessor out but it took six months and a few phone calls for them to knock my claim back because they said that hail blocking the spouting up allowing water to come inside the house was due to lack of maintenance and not storm damage.
Next door got fixed straight away.
Go with another insurance company Not Coles

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater

Alf DellorsoVictoria

Coles Insurance-Beware the nightmare

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater and Theft
Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry to hear you feel this way, Alf. We hope you give us another chance in future.

easy as

very competitive
easy to set up
easy to retrieve
been with for some years
easy to add optional features not taken up initially
as good as any other insurances as I was told by friends

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi adrian, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we're glad to hear you've had a fantastic experience with our services so far!

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Deny all claims at Coles Insurnce

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateDecember 2019

akay

akaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never deal with Coles insurance.

Increased premiums for same cover in safer area. Promised no cancellation fees and then charged with no mention in refund calculation. Rudest and least helpful staff and just hung up on me after 15 minutes explanation on phone. DO NOT INSURE WITH THIS RIP OFF COMPANY.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Akay, thanks for sharing your feedback. We take many things into consideration when calculating your premiums. Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best placed to review this for you.

d1richMurray Region, NSW

Cyclone in Albury?

Coles Insurance have just rejected my insurance on a new house in Albury with the statement that they aren’t taking any new business there as a Cyclone is about to hit. I have been a customer of theirs for years and hence it isn’t new business and secondly there isn’t a predicted Cyclone for this area, now or more than likely ever!

d1rich

You still haven't answered our questions as to why Albury/Thurgoona has suddenly become a cyclone area, we have been with you for 4 years.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

We're sorry for any confusion. We recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 as they'd be best suited to advise you about this.

Coles Insurance

If you ever want an insurance company that takes your money and does everything to NOT assist with any claim this is the one for you, we have been waiting 6 weeks for small claim to be processed and Coles continually request information that can’t be supplied, extremely unprofessional and provide no assistance particularly for elderly people. Thank god for APIA

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Ray, thanks for taking the time share your review. We're sorry to hear you experienced a delay with your claim. We'd recommend getting in contact with our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374 so they can look into this for you.

Vmbn

VmbnVictoria

Stay away from Coles insurance they will show their true colour during a claim

Been with Coles insurance for many years no issues until we went to make a claim. As soon as we called them we were warned that the claim will affect future renewals. When we said ok to proceed the next thing they say is the claim will be denied before they even listen to our complaints. These call centre people are trained to discourage claim and pull every trick in the book to reject the claim. I called again to a different person and the reason given Was completely different. It is very clear you can’t get money from these people. They are happy as Larry to gobble the premium but does not care about the customers even the slightest. Iam moving all my Insurances from Coles ASAP.

Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

Less than 1 Star is what this lot deserve. Thank God I checked Product Review.

Previously had Insurance with Coles Insurance for both my Vehicle and Home Contents but not recently so thought would give them a go again and get a quote. They will insure my car at my current residential address, though more expensive than others, but will not cover the Home Contents at my current residential address. What a joke! Thankfully I decided to look on Product Review and after reading the reviews here and the experience I had getting a quote, no chance in hell would I go with them again. Checkout the reviews here people and also get a review on them from finder.com.au before you even contemplate using Coles Insurance for any type of Insurance. Not worth a few measly flybuys points that's for sure.

Pensioner

PensionerBURWOOD

very happy.

I had a severe storm damage , early Nov.
After having lodged my claim, they send Maincom , to make the roof weatherproof , and worked until midnight before they finished.
Next day , late, they came over to clean up. A few days later , they send a assessor to check the damage.
The following week , Maincom came to repair the damage, old for new.
They cleaned up to perfection.
I would not hesitate recommending coles for a job well done.
Thanks to all of you.
John.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback and we'll ensure to share your comments with our Home Insurance Team so they're made aware.

Coles Insurance No More!

My family has been with Coles Insurance for many years, both car and home. In the beginning, when they first entered the market. They were great! But something have changed. My home and contents insurance is about to expire, rang them and re-adjusted some excess value in order to reduce the premium and then got told they will not insure us? No explaination. Something about high risk? What risk? I asked to speak to this risk team and was told they will never answer the call so dont bother. Everyone, take your business else where.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Betty, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience when attempting to renew your policy. We'll ensure to share your comments with our Insurance Team so they're made aware and for consideration.

Linda M

Linda MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wont be renewing this year!

Received new contents insurance quote.
It has risen substantially since last year, rang to negotiate a better deal.
Basically was told to get rid of accidental damage & motor burnout inclusions so my premium was lower, it still came back as higher then last year.
Was then told to increase my excess to lower the cost.
None of these worked & even once all of these inclusions were taken out, premium was still higher!!?
So basically I was offered less for more money lol
You would think they would be a little more loyal to renewing customers who have NEVER made a claim!
Obviously I wont be renewing!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Linda, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear your disappointment. We're sure it was the best we can do as we're always reviewing our pricing. We hope you give us another chance in future.

Jason D.

Jason D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Won't renew contents insurance. Just Rude

I've been with coles contents insurance for 6 years. I've had no claims.
Today i get an email stating Coles isn't going to renew my policy. I gave coles insurance a call to ask why my insurance isn't getting renewed at first the operator couldn't give me an answer why. The operator looked a bit deeper into why. She thinks it is because of the bush fires and the zone.
I live no where near the bush fires and there is no risk of a bush fire reaching me at all.

Coles was cheap to start of with but there are better cheaper options out there now. When i sort out my contents i will be also moving my car insurance from coles also.

Buyer beware Coles is not the one to choose. It is just rude to be dropped after 6 years

GrantM

GrantMSydney, NSW

Proof of insurance is in the claim