Best rate. Excellent customer service

Called several times and always answered within a minute and able to resolve on the first call. Calls were only on policy updates etc. Fortunately, haven't had to claim so unable to comment on that front.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Brad, thanks for sharing the kind words. We're glad to be of service and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Coles up selling

Went online to pay a home insurance policy online which had gone up 25% with no claims, went all the way through process with all green ticks & dots no problem. Press the renew button at the end & went to another page saying your policy didn't go through ring a 1300 number which I did. Gave the lady the policy number then what type then all the details it just went on & on but in between she ask me about addons & how I recieved my policy. It was just wasting my time & I call it greed grabbing. No only did they put my policy up by 25% but wanted money from addons. So if I wanted the add ons why would I DO IT ONLINE. So after I gave her the policy number & asked why didn't it go through online there was a written EXCUSE have no answer. So after I had paid I asked again same response. I said I need answer, so I ask to talk to manager of their group, the response was all the managers are busy. Guilty as sin.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Peter, we're sorry for the frustrating experience and we'd like to look into this for you. Could you please PM us your full name, contact number and policy number and we'll have someone contact you?

Disappointing Customer Loyalty Care

Our policy jumped from $679 to $831 in one year, almost 25%. I called Coles and advised that we have been a loyal customer since 2012 with ZERO claims and asked if a discount could be applied as i couldn't justify a 25% increase in one year. The lady on the phone (international) advised that despite being a loyal customer and having zero claims, that there was absolutely nothing that she could do. She did not have the authority to grant a discount. She wasn't helpful. Didn't offer to discuss the matter with her own management to see if there was a work around. It almost sounded like she got joy from saying no. Really not good customer loyalty scheme.

Claim MadeNo
Hi, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll be sure to share your disappointment with our team. If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel welcome to reach out to us via PM including your full name, contact number and policy number, as we'd be happy to arrange for our Customer Care team to look into this with you.

Massive Price increase! No more Coles for me.

Last years Coles House and contents bill was $1079.82. This years bill is a massive $2703.53!!! Nothing has changed except they increased the amount insured slightly which I didn't require. Did online quotes from Budget Direct $1453.34, Allianz $1059.12, Suncorp classic $1663.44, AAMI $1503.54 etc, etc. all with same features and excess etc. House is pretty basic, NO CLAIMS in over 10 years. Called Coles got some story that others had made claims and company was loosing money so my Premium had gone up as a result. I pointed out Company would loose money when all the customers left after the huge premium increases.

Claim MadeNo

Big jump in premium with no credible explanation.

My renewal for house and contents arrived and the price has increased from $642.59 to $807.87 I have not made any claims and it is my second year with Coles. Customer service lady did not speak very good English and I could not understand her explanation for the increase, kept saying it was something to do with my post code which of course is the same post code as last year.? When I objected to this increase she wanted me to reduce my cover to reduce the premium. What happened to no claims bonus?

Claim MadeNo

Bad processing and long waiting time.

I have a small fire at home on my electric stove, glad the fire did not caused severely damage but the ashes were everywhere and the splash back was burned.

I waited 2 weeks for the inspector to come and I never heard from Coles Insurance. After a month, I have to call up to find out that my claim would not be processed as the inspector report did not mention the word "fire".

Disappointed with Coles for their processing time and never bother to get back to customer. I did not use my range hook and the stove until I heard from them that they will not process my claimed, and they did not tell me what is going on until I called them.

Coles always got bad reputation inspector or builders (I Google about them), will not insure with them again.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and have passed your feedback onto the relevant teams to review.

Basic Cover for a Basic Home

Self funded retiree, requires home insurance without frills, just basic cover, should a bushfire or truck/plane destroy the place....touch wood!
Maximise the excess to reduce the premium, and always pay annually. It's very hard to beat Coles.
Their site has a estimator to assist in valuations too. I've been with Coles for several years now, and I can sleep peacefully!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate the kind feedback about our Home Insurance service.

Don’t bother

Have been with coles for 7 years my first claim ever over 40 odd years. I was not contacted at all with what was happening had to ring them each and every time. Part of the claim is still on going after six months have sent emails no reply. Best one is with annual renewal went up 3 fold how does that justify ? Ask them they’ll give every excuse under the sun. Would not recommend.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Hi Robyn, thanks for taking the time to get in touch. We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, policy number, date of birth and best contact number so our Customer Care Team can get in touch?Where do I send private details?Thanks for getting back to us, Robyn. To private message us, please hover over our brand icon and the option to send us a message should appear.

Not worth the money/ terrible

My advice and experience keep away from this company it’s not worth the stress they put you through when claims are lodged
I have been coles for a while but when claims was lodged due to hail/storm it was very stressful and staff were incompetent and the response was poor manager unhelpful

Claim DateJanuary 2019
We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'll pass your feedback on to our team for review. If you'd like for this to be discussed further, please feel welcome to private message us with your full name, date of birth, policy/claim number and contact number.

Shocked by over 40% increase in house insurance premiums

I have just received my renewal notice and was shocked by the increase in premium. There was no explanation as to what the justification for an increase of over 40% was.

Claim MadeNo
We're sorry to hear of your disappointment as we always strive to provide a convenient service for our customers. If you'd like to discuss this further with our Customer Support team, please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy/claim number and best contact number.How do you send a private message?You click on our profile image and there should be a green "Send Message" button

DON'T DO IT...Cheap but very nasty!

Been a Coles customer for some years and then I made my first ever claim. A burst hot water pipe I call a plumber ($440) who found the leak and capped it he recommended I claim on my insurance. I lodged a claim online over a week later I received a call from the assessor who came to the house and assessed the claim and advised someone would be in contact soon. Four weeks later no response, 7 phone calls over 3 days to get disconnected every time, on my 8th attempt the operator who seemed to have a limited understanding English talked in circles told me the claim had been accepted, though they could not repair the damage and would instead be paying me a cash settlement but did not know how, when or where. She was reading the assessment report but was not managing to explain it very well I asked for a copy which she agreed to email. On receipt of the email it turns out, because there is 2 tiny cracks in the ceiling paint (there is no water damage to the ceiling), they will not repair the wall due to "poor maintenance" of ceiling??? though they will pay me $480 cash for me to "paint" the wall myself which is less than the $750 excess so they do and pay nothing. The wall is not painted it is tiled?? Should have just got the plumber to fix it on the day and had a tiler in within the week. Total waste of time and money.
Moral of the story buy your grocery from Coles not your Insurance it is a scam.
Regards Soon to be ex-Coles customer.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
We're sorry to learn of your poor experience in placing a claim through our service. Please private message us with your full name, date of birth, policy/claim number and best contact number if you'd like to discuss this further as we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Disgraceful service

Moved from a terrible suburb to one that was only 5 years old and has great statistics in all areas. They charged me $43 more. After 23 phone calls no one at Coles can tell me what EXACTLY it was for.
When the COO Phil Wilson-Brown puts his name to an amendment he needs to be able to explain himself on the document, because he can't be contacted to get an answer.
If i took $43 from Phil's or the CEO's pocket and was not able to explain why they no doubt would have something to say.
Spoke to someone at Coles today in the claims section, they had my policy up so my contact details were in front of them. Got cut off and did not get a call back.
Complaint lodged with the ombudsman and policy canceled today.

June 12th 2019 Update: Disgraceful service and now liars

I posted a negative review online, "why can you not tell me why moving to a new suburb you charged me a further $43". Simple question but now 30 communications without an explanation and lying Coles staff.

Now your staff tell lies online. They asked me for information online but i only gave my mobile (since deleted) to contact me with the other details to come when you called, you can't private message on that review site, i don't know why you asked me to do that?
Coles rang me after i posted my number online "can you talk now sir" no mate i am in the doctors can you please call back at 09.30 mate "no problem".
He didn't, in fact he responded to my post at 12.00 (3 hours later) online saying that because i did not provide my details they would stop pursuing the issue.
Honestly did he think that was the way to go considering all your calls are recorded. This is what Coles call customer service. 30 contacts now to ask why you charged me $43 because i moved to a new suburb with great crime statistics and it does not flood. Your excuses are garbage and the person with the dormant organ between their ears that posted that crap online after calling me just goes to show when it gets hard Coles are out of here.
To the less that adequate employee that rang me then told lies online, hi [name removed] you liar,liar,liar,liar,liar,liar,liar,liar,liar,liar you calls are recorded how stupid can you be exactly. Your name is on top of a complaint within your company, start thinking of some new lies to get out of your previous lies. Disgraceful service Coles and you lied to me, now you don't get my shopping either.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo
Hi Stephen, thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your poor experience and we'd be happy to discuss this further with you. If you'd like for this to be arranged, please private message us with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number.Thank you for your response, Stephen. Unfortunately we're unable to raise this further without all the requested details. Could you please reach out to us in private message confirming your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number? We'd also recommend deleting your above comment to protect your privacy.This has now gone to a level 2 investigation. You can not private message on here unless you do a complete new review, read the other reviews. You rang, said you would call back in half an hour. Instead you put up lies 3 hours later online. Garbage customer relations. Your calls are recorded. Not only will i get to the bottom of the $43 in extra charges you cant explain now i am coming after the liar that said he would call back but instead told a heap of lying excuses on this product review. Phil-Wilson Brown you need to stand up to the plate and get out of your next very important meeting early and sort your mess out. Your name is on the amendment, it is you that needs to explain yourself. Will you actually lower yourself and ring me personally to fix what is blatantly your issue or will you never be told of this issue? Once again your name is on the amendment, you authorised it therefore it's your problem to sort out.

Happy with repair and service

We made a claim after storm damage and couldn't be happier with the service from Coles Insurance and their nominated builder. Both companies kept us update at all stages of the claim and also followed up after repairs were complete to ensure we were happy with repairs.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi there, thanks for sharing this with us. We're glad to hear of your positive experience with our service and we'll be sure to let our teams know. :)

Reported to the Financial Ombudsman Services Australia

I agree with all the poor reviews that have been written - the best action is to report your concerns to Financial Ombudsman Services Australia (FOS) Many phone calls and the run around from both Coles Insurance and their contractors make this the only viable solution. Coles...Please don't ask me to privately message you - you have the details.

Claim MadeYes
We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience and we'd like to assist further. To arrange this, could you please send us a private message confirming your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number? We understand if you prefer not to.I received a 5 day resolution plan with a timeline for contact to be made about repairs. NO SURPRISE NO CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE BY REPAIRER! January claim June still not fixed!!!We're disappointed to learn of this and we'd appreciate if you could private message us advising your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number. We'd be happy to look into this further with you.

Cancelled Coles Home and Contents Insurance without telling me.

I have been with Coles Home and Contents Insurance for about 3 years which was coming out monthly and I always had the money in my account to cover the payment. After 3 years I rang to make a claim on an oven burnout and the Customer Service male in South Africa told me my policy did not exist. After looking it up he informed me it was cancelled 12 months prior. He stated they rang my mobile 3 times and could not get me and sent me 3 emails . I did not receive the calls as I had changed my mobile 2.5 years earlier and possibly the emails went to junk mail. I did not get any correspondence in the mail. He admitted fault on their part and stated if my house burnt down they would have honoured the $700,000 for the rebuild and $250,000 for contents. SURE !!! He asked me to renew my policy and they could look at covering the oven which subsequently ended up costing $70 in parts. I suggest you may not want to take a gamble with you life savings as mine was $950,000. I am and you should give Coles Home and Contents Insurance a BIG miss!!!!!

Claim MadeNo
Hi Gus, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're disappointed to hear of your poor experience. We're always looking to improve our service so we'll be sure to share your feedback with our teams and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Money wasted on this insurance.

We had HAIL in March 2019. Arrange for an accessor to check out our roof if there is any cracked tiles. They should know we have a double story house. An older guy came out and we’re like.... uh is he really gonna get up this roof? He told us that they don’t actually climb up the roof.... So tell me COLES how are you going to know if and when we have broken tiles if you don’t get up there to check it out. We have moved on from Coles Home Insurance. All that money we paid went down the drain. Never again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Epe, thanks for sharing this with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment and we'd like to have this followed up. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim number and best contact number?All you need to know is that you’ve stuffed up and we’ve moved on. Most of those reviews are bad and we’re so lucky we didn’t have to deal with any claims.

Communication

Poor erroneous communications.
Sending emails that cannot be replied to.
Lied about a request for policy via email and have not provided proof of this request as there was not one made.
Poor use of the English language.
I have no idea if I am going to be sent a paper policy in the mail due to the poor English.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo
We're disappointed to hear of your ongoing disappointment with our service and we'd like to have your feedback shared with our teams. Can you please send us a private message with more information?

Unethical. Terrible service. Better to have No insurance than this policy.

I have been insured with Coles with home and contents for over 8 years. I made a claim in January of 2019 for some water damage. They assured me that it was straightforward. They sent an assessor who verbally advised me it would go ahead.
Then... nothing. No response for months. The case manager did not answer my emails or attempts to follow up. So now mid-May I finally get someone on the phone and they eventually advise me that the claim was denied 3 months ago but no one thought to advise me. I have been unable to use this bathroom for four months while I was waiting for this claim to come through. So COLES you have been totally useless in your customer service and follow up. I cannot cancel this policy fast enough and would never recommend COLES as an insurer or for anything else for that matter. After their conduct I will not ever shop there. Not honest and not to be relied upon.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
We're sorry to hear of your frustrating experience Elisabeth, and we'd like to assist further. If you'd be happy for us to organise this, could you please send us a private message confirming your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

Extremely disappointing

My single garage ceiling got detached in one corner from the ceiling joist. I made a coles insurance claim. They sent a builder to the property who cut out part of the ceiling. The builder also damaged the side door and made large holes on the side gyprock wall both of which had nothing to do with the ceiling. Almost 2 months later they sent a letter which said the claim is refused and that they also will not fix the ceiling, door and wall. Coles insurance has failed honour the claim. They also refused to repair the additional damages to the door, wall and the ceiling caused by their authorised builder. Its been also extremely frustrating talking to their claims customer service based overseas. They have failed to understand the situation, lack customer service skills and very slow.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we're very sorry to hear about this poor and frustrating experience, So we can look into this further, could you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, policy number and best contact number?

Dishonest - Beware

I have been with Coles Home Insurance for a few years and found their premiums to be competitive. Since making a claim in December 2018 for minor water damage to my dining ceiling after a storm i have had nothing but a run around with Coles and the sub contracted assessor. The assessor is simply not contactable by phone or email and coles have been completely dishonest and unhelpful. My claim was approved (via email) and a request for me to pay my excess to proceed with the works to the watee damage. 6 weeks after paying the excess i had coles call to now decline the claim. they also denied knowledge of me paying the excess. i am still waiting on answers and requests for information in writing have not been provided. After speaking to 5 different people at coles i am being told completely different and contradictory stories by each of them. My request to escalate my issues are being stonewalled by each of them and they always need more information from me or the assessor before escalating. I have no trust in this mob as they continue to lie and pass the buck. I am now told my claim is declined, however there's no mention of refunding my excess as they will 'keep looking into things'. This whole process has been completely unprofessional and I will certainly be moving elsewhere, even if the premium is higher. Be aware of this mob and stay away! They have lied and taken money from me with no resolution insight.