Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Would I Recommend Coles Insurance????

It is now OVER 3 months since lodging the claim, and I am NO closer to having the issues with my gutters & eaves repaired. Do you really need to ask whether I would recommend Coles Insurance???

Claim DateDecember 2018

Do not insure anything with them

Our home was broken in to 6 months ago, made a claim straight away with a police report and found I had to deal with South Africa, poor communication, nil Care , excuse after excuse, I ended up filing a complaint to get the final settlement but has taken 6 months of stress, and I still did not get everything I claimed for that was stolen from my home.... bitterly disappointed

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Hi Libby, thanks for taking the time to share this with us. We're disappointed to hear of this poor experience and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, claim number and best contact number?Private message who pleaseCan you please send us a private message via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/colesfinancialservices/ or call our customer care team on 1300 306 397?

Shop around after the first 2 years

I have had Coles Car Insurance for 2 cars and also house and contents insurance, saved me a lot of money, they went up tremendously so now with Woolies who gave me a big discount

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Paul, we're sorry to hear of your disappointment with the increase in our pricing and we'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams so they're aware.

Not Good Enough Coles!!!

Have been with Coles for a number of years and not made any claims. Renewal of policy, error by Coles deducting 2 direct debit payments from my account instead of 1. On consecutive days I phoned the 1300 number only to discover on both occasions I was speaking with a call centre in South Africa..I responded to their request to email confirmation of bank deductions..no response...I then phone Insurance Australia in Sydney and requested I speak with someone in Australia with regard to my Coles policy only to be told that Coles do not have anyone in Australia that I can speak with. A voice message received but I could not understand it in its entirety due to language not audible, again South African...not good enough Coles!!! We have enough of that with Telstra!! I believed Coles to be an Australian Company and expect they would employ Australians...still waiting for my issue to be resolved...

Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi Robyn, thanks for taking the time to share this with us. We're disappointed to learn of your poor experience and we'd like to follow this up further. Can you please send us a private message with your policy number, date of birth and contact number?After receiving a call late yesterday 14/3/19 (again from South Africa) I am hoping this will soon be resolved and refund will be made of the over deducted amount. My Policy # is [Policy Number, Date of Birth, Phone Number Removed]. I was advised that I should never have been requested to send a copy of my bank statement showing the two direct debits!! I am hoping that this may help someone else so Coles will improve their service in help to Policy Holders.Thanks for providing those details, Robyn. We've now sent off your information to our Coles Insurance Team and they'll be in contact with you to discuss this further. Please note that we've deleted your comment as it contains confidential information of your claim.

Almost four months after a house fire, still waiting...

Severe damage from a fire several months ago. Coles initially offered us a repair amount vastly short of quoted prices, so we are currently waiting on yet another quote to satisfy internal process almost four months later, during which time the house has suffered multiple break-is. Shocking customer service. Do yourself a favour and steer clear.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateNovember 2018
Hi AJG, we're sorry to hear of your poor experience and we'd like to have this followed up. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, policy number and best contact number?

Poor customer service when you need to claim

We've been home and contents insurance customers for several years. Good price, but now we need to make a small claim I can see why they are cheap. Cheap product=poor customer service. We've been getting the runaround since we submitted a claim on 10/1/19, with no resolution in sight. No call backs as promised by the off-shore 'customer service' people. We tried to like you Coles Insurance, but you've let us down at our time of need. Buyer beware, what you save now may cost you later.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
We're disappointed to hear you've had a poor experience with your claim and we'd like the opportunity to have this followed up, Trevor. Please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and claims details so we can escalate this to our Customer Care Team.

Highly recommend

I would most certainly recommend Coles home and contents. Not just the great value for money but We had a fire in our kitchen NYE. Absolutely devastating.Coles ( especially James who was handling our claim) was brilliant,caring,friendly.Cant say enough about him. He most certainly put us at ease with his help and guidance Helpful right from the start. If I could hand out a medal to him I would make it GOLD because if we had more caring people like him, the world would most certainly be a much better place. We THANKYOU James a wonderful member of the Coles team. I hope they appreciate the work you do for them. I'll certainly be telling my friends about how good Coles insurance really is.
We also have our cars insured with Coles and have done so for a few years now.
TOP JOB COLES

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hi Marie, thanks for getting in touch with us. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent service to our customers so we're warmed to hear of your positive feedback. We'll be sure to let our teams know. :)

don't touch them

Worst service I have ever experienced .Promises of phone calls back which never happened on several occasions. waited over 1 and a half hours on phone calls and generally got the run around .I have cancelled my policy and wont be going back

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hi Louise, thanks for getting in touch with us and we're sorry to hear of your experience with our Customer Care Team. We expect a high level of friendly and professional service and so we're disappointed to hear this wasn't the case for you. We'll ensure this is passed on to be reviewed and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

a great insurance company

been with Coles for more than 5 years & Had my pergola roof badly damaged in a by hail & an assessor came out & the roof was replaced quite quickly

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for your feedback, Dolly. We're glad to hear this!

Content Insurance - Do not buy

I have been coles insurance customer (both car and content) for the last five years. The burglary happened at our place last year in July. Initially, for the first four months, they kept asking for various document week by week and not at first instance. After that insurance claim, handler never lodged a claim to get processed. So I have started from scratch again. They approved jewellery claim but rest of the claim twice they have issued JBHIFI voucher which was declined by the store twice saying its FAKE. This is an absolute joke that how this insurance company trades. Do not buy any insurance policy. Coles insurance policy is just a big scam. Till today I am waiting for them to approve my rest of the claim. Must have rung coles insurance for nearly 100 times. I believe their call centre is in NIGERIA.

February 22nd 2019 Update: Scammers Do Not BUY

One of the worst customer service and insurance company in the industry. Took more than 9 months to process my claim. Must have called more than 100 times at least, to get the claim sorted. For 9 months, the company forced me to pay the insurance premium when I was not leaving at the property. Would not recommend anyone to buy any type of insurance policy.

Based on their current practice, the company should not be in practice at all. They don't fall law and harass the customer when it comes to processing the claim.

Claim DateJuly 2018
Hi Milan, thanks for getting in touch. We're disappointed to hear of your frustrating experience and we'd be happy to have this followed up further. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, claim number and best contact number?

Changing insurance

Been with them 5 years had wind and rain found a leak in roof due to tile being moved by wind insurance refused ?due to bad workmanship of roof tiling.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for your review. We're sorry for the disappointment and we'll pass this onto our Claims Team so they're aware.

asked to claim for a water leak caused by me not putting the dish washer hose on tight when the dish

Called to make a claim, had to get a plumbers report to make sure it was not an ongoing leak and was a sudden leak. don that, got that they never asked for the report. Assessor called review and said they would most likely only repair the base of the kitchen cupboard and not the complete units. With my excess at 500 it properly wasn't worth it, given the age of kitchen and possibility of getting increased monthly payments and loss of no claims bonus.

After two weeks I had not heard anything, so I emailed the person to advise I wished to cancel my request for a claim for reasons mentioned above.

Another week on haven't heard anything at all- Customer service is rubbish

Insurance claim madeNo
I am now starting to think that the product review site is rigged, I posted the above review, approved then with questions and answers to and from Coles, I entered in discussion with Coles away from this site. Next I see the review is pending and all questions and answers have gone because I didn't agree with Coles and lack of service?.- Why PR?

Leaking roof

4 years with insurance company never made a claim, found to have a leaking roof, were great to get out an assessor, but now nearly four weeks later, three phone calls to be told it is in team leaders hands and under review due to faulty roof. Rang this morning as there is torrential rain and damage is becoming worse with water running down walls. Told they we raise this as an emergency and would get back to me today....nothing. black mold, water damaged carpet, wet clothes and more rain predicted...thanks Coles happy to draw out monthly payment on the 11/12/2018 while you sleep in your warm cosy beds. Thinking current affair will be my next phone call.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Simone, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your ongoing disappointment and we'd be happy to have this followed up accordingly. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name, policy number and best contact number?How about you provide me with the reports findings so I can go to the building insurance and have myself and my daughter live in a safe environment. 4 weeks now, rejected claim, was promised by team leader that she would provide these reports yesterday so I can start action as soon as possible against builder 17/12/2018 Seems like you have the same reply for every disappointed customer..... please contact us privately....pfffffft

Never use Coles insurance

I lodged damage claim of my home contents because of drain flooding, and told me all would be in procedure, inspector will come to my home to evaluate the damage. But 3 weeks passed, nobody contacted me at all. The carpet was releasing stinking smell, I have two young kids, my family are suffering the smell everyday, and my wife was sick because of the smell as well. I have to remove the carpet by myself, the furniture bottom was soaking in the water. I sent two emails with pictures to coles insurance, but we still live in a smelly house without any response. Could anybody give me a reason to stay in coles insurance?

Home and contents

1 year Bheemesh managed the case from beginning to end efficiently following through and providing advice on the status of the claim and timeshares associated with settlement.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for sharing, Dan! We're glad to hear this. :)

absolutely pathetic service

So as I sit here on hold for 18 minutes so far yet again for the zilienth time in the last 2 months someone is trying to find a manager because i am sick of the run around. Not only do they not answer or return calls and emails from customers they don't bother with there suppliers either. 2 months after my burglary I am still waiting for them to "assign" someone to replace my items. Not hard you would think but obviously no one there has a clue. They should really be shut down. Just a scam for some offshore company to take peoples money.

December 26th 2018 Update: Unbelievable

I did a review on here 29 days ago and the "Coles team" responded asking for contact details so they could contact me personally. Well here we are a month later and guess what. They still haven't bothered to contact me. Do they do this on purpose to try and make you give up?

Don't Give Up !

Have been with this company for 4 years and made a claim as our air conditioning unit motor burnt out and we assumed we were covered as we paid extra for fusion cover. Coles were adamant that this was not covered under our Contents policy but that it should be considered part of the building. We then approached our Body Corporate Insurance co who stated that it was part of the Contents according to Queensland law. After more denials by Coles we then submitted a complaint with ACFA (google it) which is the new organisation set up after the Royal Commission into banking and insurance practices. They were exceedingly helpful. After a week or so Coles then miraculously discovered a clause in our policy where we were actually covered and they paid out. But a stressful process all the same with a lot of time wasted. So don't give up !

Insurance claim madeYes
Sorry. I mean AFCA- Aust Financial Complaints AuthorityThanks for taking the time ti share your experience with us. We're glad to hear you received a resolution to this.

Good claims experience

We have been with Coles Insurance for 4 years now. I picked them because they were the cheapest of all online home and contents insurers. We had a burglary earlier this year and a substantial amount of jewellery and iPad was stolen. Once I had a police report and lodged a claim. The process was quick in replacing the stolen items. The claim was passed onto IVAA to handle. The iPad was replaced in a couple of days from The Good Guys without any fuss. We were very pleased with the quality of their preferred jeweller which helped ease the pain of the intrusion. There was never any hesitation or delay in handling our claim

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for the feedback, Hans! Have a great weekend. :)

Claim approved now on hold pathetic offshore service

Been with Coles for a few years now and never lodged a claim until now. Claim in an ongoing nightmare with some of the worse customer service we have ever experienced, now contractors has been told to stop because of the extra costs involved??? However I have a signed scope of works that states all necessary works will be undertaken to complete!
Looks like I’m off the the ombudsman!

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So we can follow this up, could you please respond to the private message we've sent you?No! After a complaint to the Ombudsman Coles have reversed their decision. It’s a real shame that I’ve had to waste an enormous amount of time and heartache to get to this point!

Good experience

4 years I think and when we had storm damage they were so helpful and everything we asked for the obliged with courtesy and even the driveway was damaged by a tree loppers truck and they paid out for that even though they didn't have to.I am about to re insure again by the end of this month and have searched for quotes on line which is an interesting experience because thet differences in quotes is massive

Insurance claim madeYes
Thanks for the feedback, Harley! We'll try and keep up the good work. :)