Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Coles Home & Contents Insurance

Linda M

Linda MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wont be renewing this year!

Received new contents insurance quote.
It has risen substantially since last year, rang to negotiate a better deal.
Basically was told to get rid of accidental damage & motor burnout inclusions so my premium was lower, it still came back as higher then last year.
Was then told to increase my excess to lower the cost.
None of these worked & even once all of these inclusions were taken out, premium was still higher!!?
So basically I was offered less for more money lol
You would think they would be a little more loyal to renewing customers who have NEVER made a claim!
Obviously I wont be renewing!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Linda, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear your disappointment. We're sure it was the best we can do as we're always reviewing our pricing. We hope you give us another chance in future.

Jason D.

Jason D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Won't renew contents insurance. Just Rude

I've been with coles contents insurance for 6 years. I've had no claims.
Today i get an email stating Coles isn't going to renew my policy. I gave coles insurance a call to ask why my insurance isn't getting renewed at first the operator couldn't give me an answer why. The operator looked a bit deeper into why. She thinks it is because of the bush fires and the zone.
I live no where near the bush fires and there is no risk of a bush fire reaching me at all.

Coles was cheap to start of with but there are better cheaper options out there now. When i sort out my contents i will be also moving my car insurance from coles also.

Buyer beware Coles is not the one to choose. It is just rude to be dropped after 6 years

Coverage TypeContents Only
GrantM

GrantMSydney, NSW

Proof of insurance is in the claim

MichaelSydney, NSW

Summary of Policy "Value" & Claim Experiences

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Bea51SYDNEY

Terrible

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. We'll ensure this is passed on to the relevant teams so they're aware and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Paul C.

Paul C.

Only take your money

They sound great on the phone and very polite but when it comes to your claim they refuse to help. Putting lives at risk as far as electrical issues and water damage is concerned..

StormyVictoria

Not impressed

Not at all happy. Insured since 2011.
Should have read all the negative reviews.
Dont risk it.
First time to claim, and rejected, excuses, excuses.
Now they say will not reinsure, unless I Fix the problem, what a joke.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Stormy

have already spoken to someone, same old same old.
is this a private message section?

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thanks for letting us know, Stormy. Just to confirm, this isn't the private message section, and this review has been made public. To send us a private message please click on our profile, then click 'send message'

Carl Millen

Carl MillenDarling Downs, QLD

More Cover For Less

Yes, the policy is good value, giving more cover for slightly less premium than our previous insurer.
Also having to make a change to credit card payment details was no trouble. Just a phone call sorted it out.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hey Carl, thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate the kind words, we'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams!

20% Premium Increase

My premium increased 20% this year. I have never had a claim. I called Coles to ask why? There excuse is that there have been many claims in my area and there was nothing that they would do. There is no such thing as loyalty any more towards customers anymore.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Jack, thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear this. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant teams so they're aware.

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Old houses beaware of "workmanship" clause

Have multiple insurance policies with Coles Insurance for years and never made a claim until now. A tenant cracked the shower base and made a claim. Coles Insurance said due to the "workmanship" of the shower base they will not pay. I have an old house that was built a long time ago. During the sign up process Coles asked questions about my house i.e build year etc. but NEVER mentioned about workmanship. Coles Insurance is happy to take money from people and make them feel that they will be covered for old houses but it's all a LIE. If they will not pay due to the workmanship clause then they should have done a building report and proper inspection before they offered insurance. Contacting AFCA to make a complaint.

JC

JCQueensland

policy renew and change of address only

Rung to change policy insured value and realised they didn't change address when I rung, when we moved. Lady helpful but felt she thought I was lying about previously ringing for address change. otherwise no issues

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi JC, thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with our Customer Support Team as we pride ourselves on customer service. We'll be sure to share your feedback with our team to review.

DO NOT USE COLES INSURANCE

A drain blocked by a tree root 3 houses down resulted in a huge water pressure build up pit was in our backyard $25,000 damage claim refused even though it states covered for blocked pipes in the fine print only if the blocked pipe is NOT a result of tree roots.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Chris, thanks for getting in touch. To follow this up further, we'd recommend calling our Customer Care Team on 1300 265 374, as they're best suited to assist. We're sorry for any hassle.

Policy price MORE THAN DOUBLED from last year

Policy price more than doubled (230% of last year) despite having no claims and having multiple policies with Coles for many years. After 5 phone calls with unhelpful staff and receiving emails with generic responses of "please call our call team", gladly cancelling our policies. Would not recommend unless you want to be stressed out and feel cheated. I don't even want to picture what it'd be like making a home insurance claim with them. Do not bother asking for a private PM, we already tried to work things out with you. You messed up.

AppleB
AppleB

Let me also add - multiple emails were sent but nope, replies were always "please call out call team". It's almost like they are afraid of actually addressing your queries in a way that we would have written proof of the correspondence. Shameful.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi AppleB, thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear of this. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the appropriate teams so they're aware. We're sorry for any disappointment.

BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best rate. Excellent customer service

Called several times and always answered within a minute and able to resolve on the first call. Calls were only on policy updates etc. Fortunately, haven't had to claim so unable to comment on that front.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Brad, thanks for sharing the kind words. We're glad to be of service and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Coles up selling

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi Peter, we're sorry for the frustrating experience and we'd like to look into this for you. Could you please PM us your full name, contact number and policy number and we'll have someone contact you?

Disappointing Customer Loyalty Care

Our policy jumped from $679 to $831 in one year, almost 25%. I called Coles and advised that we have been a loyal customer since 2012 with ZERO claims and asked if a discount could be applied as i couldn't justify a 25% increase in one year. The lady on the phone (international) advised that despite being a loyal customer and having zero claims, that there was absolutely nothing that she could do. She did not have the authority to grant a discount. She wasn't helpful. Didn't offer to discuss the matter with her own management to see if there was a work around. It almost sounded like she got joy from saying no. Really not good customer loyalty scheme.

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Massive Price increase! No more Coles for me.

Last years Coles House and contents bill was $1079.82. This years bill is a massive $2703.53!!! Nothing has changed except they increased the amount insured slightly which I didn't require. Did online quotes from Budget Direct $1453.34, Allianz $1059.12, Suncorp classic $1663.44, AAMI $1503.54 etc, etc. all with same features and excess etc. House is pretty basic, NO CLAIMS in over 10 years. Called Coles got some story that others had made claims and company was loosing money so my Premium had gone up as a result. I pointed out Company would loose money when all the customers left after the huge premium increases.

Saxon90

Saxon90Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Big jump in premium with no credible explanation.

My renewal for house and contents arrived and the price has increased from $642.59 to $807.87 I have not made any claims and it is my second year with Coles. Customer service lady did not speak very good English and I could not understand her explanation for the increase, kept saying it was something to do with my post code which of course is the same post code as last year.? When I objected to this increase she wanted me to reduce my cover to reduce the premium. What happened to no claims bonus?

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad processing and long waiting time.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Coles I.Coles Insurance

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of your poor experience with our service and have passed your feedback onto the relevant teams to review.

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Basic Cover for a Basic Home

Self funded retiree, requires home insurance without frills, just basic cover, should a bushfire or truck/plane destroy the place....touch wood!
Maximise the excess to reduce the premium, and always pay annually. It's very hard to beat Coles.
Their site has a estimator to assist in valuations too. I've been with Coles for several years now, and I can sleep peacefully!

Coles I.Coles Insurance

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate the kind feedback about our Home Insurance service.