Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

1.3

Lolitha R.

Lolitha R.Southwest, VIC

They were really great exactly when I need them

I was with com bank mortgage and was too busy with arranging other stuff so mortgage broker did actually sorted out com insurance for me.
You never value insurance until you really need in help. On Saturday night bunch of kids(I hope) smashed my front windows. Com bank emergency claim service has sent me emergency glazier within 40 minutes. That's faster and the guy made it safe and secure at 1 am during this winter. On Monday they replaced my glasses and that's it. All is sorted in smooth transition. They cared my safety above all. Thank you!

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2020
Stylianos kotsis

Stylianos kotsisSydney, NSW

After sales service and telephone supporti would say absolutly 0 zero

My property was on fire on Christmas day 25/12/19 i had informed the insurance the same day. Since then moving from hotel to hotel with a 85 y.o father with serious medical condition especially with covid 19 around and my father has risk factors,i have informed so many time comminuree no reply.
Still waiting...

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateDecember 2019

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst insurer & horrid communication.

I have been a commonwealth customer for close to a decade & the first insurance claim I ever made was denied. I was completely happy to accept the denial; but have requested for the assessors report to be sent out to me more than ample times with nothing to be received. Clearly this shows me that the insurer is hiding something. Totally agree with the many customers below who say, that they will find any way not to pay! Can’t wait to move on to a reputable Insurer who won’t play games with me.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Terrible service

My boundary fence blew down 6 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for my claim to settle. Missed appointments poor communication and virtually impossible to speak to someone who can make a decision. Comminsure use third party Claim Central who in turn use contractors to do all their legwork leading to a very lengthy convoluted process. In comparison with my neighbor, who I share the fence with, are with Alliance and got paid out in 2 weeks. When this debacle is over, definitely switching to Alliance insurance.

iynus

iynusbrisbane

I would give 0 star

We had a disastrous experience dealing with their insurance team. Communication is non existing. Staff is extremely incompetent.

When our claim finally accepted, they ask us to prepare roof materials beforehand so that the repair can start.

this is ridiculous, our roof is damaged so we lodge a claim, then basically what they are saying is that "get all the building materials ready then we will come to repair"

This is not insurance

Lil

LilPerth, WA

contents insurance -

very disappointing with the policy,
The policy i though l had purchase was home package.
only to find out that l did not tick the accidental damage box . i had a water leak and the floor was damaged , this is not covered as its an accident .
The claim took 4 weeks that was ok although they could have said they would not cover the claim. wasted my time . I have been a customer of 22 years. Big Rip off

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
S Yusof

S Yusof

Paid for the insurance for events like these, denied on a small technicality

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip off and awful home and content insurance

Claim DateApril 2020

Please read very carefully before entrustimg your most valuable asset to this firm

Zero stars if i could. We have never made a claim in our entire lives for home insurance. With the collapse of our rear perogola due to the very heavy rain and floodins in Febraury ( it was hanging and could have killed someone). The assor came and said somebody would prop it till the insurance went through. 3 to 4 Months went by and they delcined .I will dispute this with insurance ombudsman and all legal avenues. And yes we have immediatley left this firm for good and re insured with another more reputable insurer

Alecia

AleciaSydney

Crooks

Automatic payment came out a year after I signed up and I couldn’t believe it. Not only had the price gone up but they didn’t even ask me just took $1465 out. I mean If i was an old person this is just right out theft. When I called them they said the letter sent out a month before was basically do nothing and we will continue withdrawing. Well I read it and thought do nothing because I have decided upon another company. This company is Crooks.

Claim MadeNo
Kent R.

Kent R.

Communication is non existent- and still waiting...

Fed Up

Fed UpSydney

Comminsure let us down

We had been former staff in the eighties and do had insurance with them since 1979.
We never claimed, not even once.
Then in 2013 we had a windstorm. Our house and land was even shown on CBN News in the USA. It was devastating and our place was devastated. We had 50 trees fall down on our 20 acre block.
Comminsure sent out Cunnynghame and Lindsay assessors.
From the start they worked out how not to pay.
And they didn't pay.
My T1 diabetic husband ended up in intensive care for two weeks.
Feel very betrayed by the Commonwealth bank. After we were loyal to them for Over 30 years.
What a pack of mongrels

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Reviewer87

Reviewer87South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer service, claims process and poor cover

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateMarch 2020
Levi

LeviGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible **looters*slow as hell

They are happy to take your money for years but when it comes to claim in unfortunate situation bad luck.wait for months before they actually workout what they will do.Its a group of lost people who do not know what they are doing.They makes you wait for months and look for any possible reason to refuse the claim

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Please don't join commonwealth bank home insurance

Sydney February 2020 the-freak-thunderstorm,They-looked-for-any little excuse not to pay out-my-$1000 claim. I feel like they have lied to me and tricked me, I am so upset. please change insurance companies

Adam H.

Adam H.Western Australia

Tight fisted crooks pure and simple.

Jeff V.

Jeff V.Hunter Region, NSW

poor service

would not recommend comminsure for any claims - absolute nightmare with a small claim - 1st wanted quotes on repairs from tradies to fix problem - then it wasnt to their liking - so on 1 occasion 1 hour on the phone waiting , another 2 hours and 10 minutes to then get told they want their own builder to look at house - this is 1 month after the problem happened. over the last 2 weeks told builder to look at soon - today last straw - now builder cannot give accurate time to look at house. 12k premiums per year over the last 7- 8 years with 1 really small claim and they cannot even contact me properly to sort a minor claim. hopeless...

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Sofia

SofiaSydney, NSW

Horrible Service!

The worst insurance ever

We got broken into a couple of years back, and the way we were treated made us feel like we had orchestrated the whole thing. I was 26 week pregnant at the time and going through a high risk pregnancy. CommInsure made our life hell! Literally ! Started investigating us and uplifting up personal life for no reason. My husband and I had never ever made a claim, we are hard working honest people. I ended up giving birth at 32 weeks and in the end my ob instructed to winthdraw they claim because of what we were going through and focus on our baby and open it back up once our lives settled down again. But after suffering from severe anxiety and depression I couldn’t bring myself to deal with it again. Disgusting and inhuman level of service

Type of ClaimTheft