Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

• Home Only (4)
    • Contents Only (4)
Adam H.

Adam H.Western Australia

Tight fisted crooks pure and simple.

Jeff V.

Jeff V.Hunter Region, NSW

poor service

would not recommend comminsure for any claims - absolute nightmare with a small claim - 1st wanted quotes on repairs from tradies to fix problem - then it wasnt to their liking - so on 1 occasion 1 hour on the phone waiting , another 2 hours and 10 minutes to then get told they want their own builder to look at house - this is 1 month after the problem happened. over the last 2 weeks told builder to look at soon - today last straw - now builder cannot give accurate time to look at house. 12k premiums per year over the last 7- 8 years with 1 really small claim and they cannot even contact me properly to sort a minor claim. hopeless...

Claim DateJanuary 2020

SofiaSydney, NSW

Horrible Service!

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

The worst insurance ever

We got broken into a couple of years back, and the way we were treated made us feel like we had orchestrated the whole thing. I was 26 week pregnant at the time and going through a high risk pregnancy. CommInsure made our life hell! Literally ! Started investigating us and uplifting up personal life for no reason. My husband and I had never ever made a claim, we are hard working honest people. I ended up giving birth at 32 weeks and in the end my ob instructed to winthdraw they claim because of what we were going through and focus on our baby and open it back up once our lives settled down again. But after suffering from severe anxiety and depression I couldn’t bring myself to deal with it again. Disgusting and inhuman level of service

Type of ClaimTheft

Claim DateSeptember 2019
kmurray

kmurrayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Malicious criminal damage

Beware if you are in Central Victoria and make a claim with CBA. After malicious damage done to my property I had to make my first ever insurance claim. It has not been satisfactory. CBA use the Johns Lyng group in Bendigo and this has been a frustrating experience. Communication extremely poor between CBA and Johns Lyng and myself. I had to organise some jobs myself for safety and security purposes. They would be better off offering a monetary settlement to customers as an option so that we can organise our own tradesmen if we want. Would give CBA and Johns Lyng a 1 star rating each. Beware and I will be changing my Insurer.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Toni

ToniHunter Region, NSW

Water pipe burst in kitchen

Dr Cate

Dr CateSydney, NSW

Worst home insurance in the world!!! Beware!

This is the worst experience of insurance I have ever had. I had one claim, comminsure would not pay. Then one day they took $1055 out of my account without my permission and I have still not been refunded. They said they changed my insurance premium to 13 million the the charge was for the change. I did not change my insurance. Overall, no star rating. Comminsure is about taking your money and the team do not want to help you with insurance if you have a real claim. Buyer beware! I am now finding a new insurance company. Do yourself a favour and stay away from Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 months since original claim and still disputing

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid

CommInsure is a waste of time

They do anything to get out of a claim,
For a small patch up job due to storm damage they dragged it out after getting two maintenance people to look at the job.
They will insure you but never pay on 2 accounts. I’m done with them and would advise no one to get house Insurance not bank though them, in process of closing all accounts with them.

Claim DateJuly 2019
virtuallyme

virtuallymeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Despicable!!! Unethical!!! Immoral!!! Uncaring thieves!!!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Kristy

KristyHarrison 2914, ACT

10 years of landlord insurance and it took nearly 1 year to finalise a claim

Type of ClaimImpact at Home and Vandalism/Malicious Damage

Totally disgraceful

After 20yrs of comminsure we sold our house and purchased another one but due to bushfires comminsure refused to offer insurance on the new home. NRMA insured the property within an hour.

Claim MadeNo
Rob

RobYanco

Thieves

Our policy has more than doubled. Your call center people are saying our property is a farm and we are in a flood zone. Our council report says we are residential and are not in a flood zone. This policy has been in place for several years. We will take all our business elsewhere including our home and investment portfolio .

Claim MadeNo

about Claim of theft

Very bad experience, too much discussion on the claim and still offering 200$ For worth of 2000$ items..and took me 5 months , trying to ripoff. Very fake .
Suggestion, never go with comminsure..

Coverage TypeContents Only

KatrinaPerth, WA

Worst insurance company

Tash

TashPerth, WA

Terrible insurance company. No help at all.

The worst to deal with when making a claim. 45 mins hold time. Over 1 month to hear back about our claim only to want more documents and jump through hoops. No help at all in a very stressful time. Landlords insurance what a joke, I got nothing back and thousands of dollars of damage.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Sarah w

Sarah wSouth-East, TAS

A company of money guzzling snakes.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home