Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Knocked back again

Been with them 25 years and never made any other claim,besides the 2 below.
Neighbours shed blew over fence and damaged the structure of concrete wall (knocked back )
Water damage under my ceilings from 2 x flash floods (was told it was from waterproofing incorrect,damage came after house had been built for 8 years?)

Claim MadeNo

December claim and no reply for 3 months!!

I have one claim in and they said driver error which it wasn’t!

Now I have another claim, since December 2018 been waiting for them to call me and nothing and apart one call in one 2 months! Then a letter and then nothing!! Not good!!

Naturally, I want to fix my car and my insurer is awol not good and only reflective of today’s call and 1 hour plus and no reply for my commitment to talk to them not good!!

Mark May

Do Not Use Comm Insure

Our family had been with comm INSURE for 12 years and bank with commonwealth for 25 years. We had a house fire and when we made a claim we were treated guilty before proven innocent. We fought for 6 months on everything showing receipts showing pictures of our house before the fire it was a nightmare our assessor we were given was horrible sarcastic rude to us I had to give up my job of 7 years to fight what we are owed like for like for our belonging and our home it should be but unfortunately NO like for similar was what we were told by our assessor please read the fine print of your policy people or do your self a favour and just Do not use COMM INSURE. After 6 long stressful months we our back in our home and left COMM INSURE straight away to another insurer.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateAugust 2018

Upsold “phone insurance” on my first day in Australia 5 years ago

They upsold me home and contents insurance (and I don’t even have a home) which I thought was odd but it was my first day in Australia 5 years ago and she bent my arm to sign up.. I am aware of their strict upselling policy with auto prompts on what to sell. Fast forward 5 years and phones were no longer covered via this policy. The (rising) premium was paid in full and now they won’t pay out as they changed the PDS. WOW

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeOther

Disgusting

14 yrs never made a claim , never missed a payment. Involved in the recent Victorian Bunyip State Forest Fires and what do I get when I call , No help !! Smart crap employee !! No compassion!!
Worst treatment ever received, will be cancelling all policies and moving all bank accounts and home loan
Do not insure with comminsure if you expect good customer service or any help at all !!!! They just take your money then don’t want to pay !!!

Claim MadeNo

Quick to take your money, slow to pay on any claims

Our first ever claim. The most stressful 6months of my life- 3 of which we had to move into temp accommodation each week because communication is appalling. Instead of have 1 case manager you speak to a different person in the call centre every day. Inefficient and a complete waste of money. Nearly broke our marriage and only got resolved when I lodged a formal complaint and suggested contacting the ombudsman. Pattersons Insurabuild are equally as incompetent as CommInsure. All our banking has been tied up with CBA, not for much longer. Exploring other banks

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJuly 2018

Comminsure

I would highly recommend to everyone not to get home (building) insurance will comminsure full of excuses and no answers when it comes to a claim. My family have been commonwealth customers for over 15 years not happy

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateNovember 2017

Home & Contents insurance scam

Paid my premiums for years thinking I’m covered for any accidents/theft/damage that may happen to my home and contents.. First time to claim after my 4 yr old son accidentally breaks our TV, just to learn accidental damage is not covered and is an extra! What a disappointment! I’ll make sure to insure with someone else from now on!

Consumer Action Group Club

I purchased my first home in Sydney in July 1995, the Mortgage being with the Commonwealth Bank. To show good faith, I insured our home with Comminsure. To the present day, our home is still fully insured with Comminsure - a period of more than 23 years. Comminsure have always been paid on time (by direct debit). Recently (on date Thursday 20th December 2018), our home was hit badly by a Hailstorm. By date 30th December, an Insurance Assessor arrived at our home in order to verify our Claim. So far - so good. However, I have now waited one full month + 2 days for a response back from the Claims Department at Comminsure. What makes all of this much worse, is that we are left "in limbo" by Comminsure, not knowing whether our legitimate Claim is even accepted. No phone calls or emails from them to assure us at all! On the date of our 'event' (the storm damage in Bass Hill), I had to rush out to Bunnings in order to buy the largest Tarpaulin that they had. THEN (in the height of the Hailstorm) climb upon our roof to spread and tie-down the Tarp. All to minimise the internal damage to insured property, and prevent a higher Claim from happening..... At that time, I was getting a 'clobbering' on the body from superspeed large hail with Lightning added for good measure. I am over seventy years old. Now, more than a month later, the room affected by the storm presented eight (8) Roof Leaks. I spent more than two (2) hours making patches and glueing them over the holes caused by hail. The Tarpaulin is failing......I have read with interest all of the problems on this Product Review Site. I share your pain and frustration over the Comminsure very bad service. My Claim could have been dealt with speedily (less than $1K). Bet your life that someone involved in Comminsure is reading all of these reviews daily. In the Digital Age, we expect a service relating to the settling of Insurance Claims to be handled with expediency and care, but this is ONE AREA of the Digital Age that has gone backwards. In the near future, we will have a Consumer Action Group Club. Millions of Members. Boycott completely all companies - whoever they are - that take your money, and then have no mechanism to deal with the issues which relate to the 'services' that they are guilty of not providing. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this. Because of the procrastination by Comminsure, they will definitely lose my business over this matter. I will be contacting Budget quite soon, we have had first-class service over 20 years + from them with our cars. So why not the House Insurance as well? We badly need someone to start-up a Consumer Action Group Club. I would be happy to pay a reasonable annual Membership Fee to end this madness and deceit. Comminsure hold all the Aces. Let us collectively turn this situation around. Peter D.

Insurance claim madeYes

Insurance taken out to early

I got a cover note on com insurance on the 18th of December they have taken two payments out one on the 31dec and one on the 15 jan going to take this to the banking ombudsman this is robbery will be getting rid of these thiefs

Insurance claim madeNo

Dishonorable Tactics

4 years . I made an ENQUIRIES a bout a claim. They sent out a builder . He then proceeded to tell me I should say it was storm damage and that it wasn’t bad. I was just enquiring. I didn’t know how it happened or when and it was minor and he agreed . The report came back with major structural damage and refusing to rectify and would not insure until I have it fixed their way. I’ve had 3 other expert opinions who all disagree and say this is typical of Comminsure tactics. The builder also said I said it was storm damage which I didn’t . I was recently widowed and didn’t need this.

Insurance claim madeYes

Take your premiums for 20+ years. First claim - recent extraordinary storm and REJECTION

20+ years paying premiums. First claim ever. Extraordinary rain event last month. Assessor visited and told us he would be reporting that cause of water damage was the extraordinary 100yr rain event (100cm in 2 hours).

CommInsure has now rejected our claim and said in their opinion waterproofing of our 100 year old house not up to current building standards. Interesting that their own assessor told us that a waterproofing assessment not possible without excavation.

Insurance claim madeYes

commonwealth bank home insurance is only a scam they take your money and your not cove

bought the house 1 year ago insured with them. With the recent storms, some water leaked through the garage and they wont fix it saying it’s not storm related . THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM .

Insurance claim madeYes
Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance is only a scam they take your money only . trust me you wont be covered if you make a claim

Not good

Denying insurance claim by saying it’s not storm related
Customer for 17 years
Paying insuy premiums for last 10 year
First claim denying
Can’t believe have been funding them for last 10 years

Insurance claim madeYes

Stay away from these crooks!

Recently bought a new house and insured with Comminsure. With the recent storms, some water leaked through our balcony into the lower bedroom. Called Comminsure and they sent someone to inspect. The inspector said they'll repair the water damage in the roof, but not the balcony tiling work that might need replacing. After not hearing from them for a few weeks after this, I called Comminsure and they said the claim will be denied because the cause is the old tiles in balcony, even though this was caused by the storm and we had never had any leaks before. They wouldn't even fix the ceiling.

They're happy to take your money, but will not come through when you need them. Stay away!

Insurance claim madeYes

Stay away. Absolutely terrible.

Completely unbelievable. Had storm water damage to our house (walls & carpet) because a gutter was blocked by a tennis ball (not ours) and it pushed water up and over the tiles into the roof.

CommBank denied the claim because the damage wasn't caused by a "storm related opening".

Fine print in their horrible PDS will always give them a loophole somehow.

I have personal and business accounts with them, have had a mortgage and home insurance for years, and they deny a very small legitimate claim the first time we have ever needed it.

We'll be taking our business elsewhere. Good work, CommBank.

Terrible service

Comminsure are the worst organisation that I have ever dealt with. After placing a claim for a broken window it has taken five emails and six phone calls to action the claim. Six weeks without replies to emails and numerous promises to remedy I had to take control of the entire claims process called my glazier and had a quote the next day. SIX weeks to get an OK for a broken window. It was always going to be approved but the drama and pathetic delays are beyond comprehension. Do not insure with COMMINSURE!

Terrible insurance company ever

Harassing customer to not pass the claim.
Biggest mistake of my life to chose commonwealth car insurance suggestions to everyone don't ever chose this insurance company go anywhere else rather than this company investigator are most harassing person too they just make sure your claim not pass.

Bad, go anywhere else

Bought a brand new house and insured with Comminsure. Tap exploded outside, luckily when I was at home and could get an emergency plumber, but water damaged outdoor kitchen and put big cracks in the tiled splashback. The claims process started well, easy online claim form and person rang me within a day or two to move it forward. Then waited an age for them to send a builder out to assess, then literally waited months (6-8 weeks) to finally be told they'd pay for the plumber, tap and parts of the kitchen but the cracks in the tiles were not due to the water damage. I said I'd dispute it and they said I had to wait for some letter from them to arrive, which it never did. I don't have time to waste mucking around with them further so I'll cop the extra cost, consider that I have been robbed by them for premiums over the last year and go elsewhere when my policy is up in a few days. Do yourself a favour and pay a bit extra for an insurance that actually comes through when you need them.

Insurance claim madeYes

Don’t part with your money!!!! Go elsewhere.

I made a claim for some clear roofing sheets on my pergola that were damaged due to strong winds. I was told that they would send someone out in a few days to assess the damage as they were very busy due to a lot of claims. The next day I called back and explained to them that the sheets were barely secured and they could very easily be blown away and into the neighbours backyard where they posed a threat of hurting children as they played. Someone was sent out within two hours to temperorarily secure the damaged sheeting. 2 weeks later an assessor was sent out to assess the damage. The claim was rejected due to the wrong type of screws used to secure the sheets onto the pergola frame. How is this even valid? When I bought the house the pergola was already there. How was I supposed to know what screws were used to secure the sheeting? Nor was I even asked if the correct screws were used before they agreed to insure me and take my money. I simply called commbank when I purchased the property and they were happy to take my money for several years prior to this claim. They never sent anyone out to check the house before they agreed to insure me. This is daylight robbery!!! insurance companies are allowed to get away with Murder!!! Needless to say I won’t be insuring with commbank again.