Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (29), 1-2 months (14), 2-4 weeks (7), <1 week (6) and 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (39)
goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

Excellant product disclosure statement at a reasonable price

Having sold insurance in the past, I know looking at the PDS and what you are covered and not covered for is the No1 rule. For the price it is one of the best products out there. I like the point that pets are covered up to $3000.00 if they cannot live in the home due to house being unlivable. Other polices cover a lot less than this. They also cover unlimited cost for debris removal as well. I have being told I can get an Air BNB if my house is not livable. I know for a fact all their calls are recorded as well. Yes they can be hard to reach but just make a claim online ((make sure you have plenty of photos of what is inside the house)) and it is a seamless process. Price point is about middle of the pack as well.

Deceptive and unreasonable

Insured with Comminsure for Home only. Paid for the policy for two years however during storms this winter a box gutter broke and water came in to the house. CBA allege that the storm didn't cause the water ingress. I point out that before the storm there wasn't any water ingress. They send an assessor who turns up without a ladder to inspect the box gutter. I lend him my ladder and after inspection he says he expects the claim will be honored. A week later another assessor turns up to over rule the first assessor. I would not trust this company to pay anyone and you may note that most of the good reviews are from years ago

Claim DateAugust 2020
NitinM

NitinMSydney, NSW

The crappiest insurer

Quite pricey insurance. The product I had with CBA was for $1.1M with very less cover and it has now costed me less than than with Seniors Insurance with insured amount of $1.5M

stay away from CBA is all I can say due to substandard experience

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Vishal P

Vishal PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All excuses in d book used by cba

Property TypeOther
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2020
ARNUPHAP M.

ARNUPHAP M.South East Queensland, QLD

Could not be happier with the service!

Roof and ceiling leak from a storm December 2019..... Just took me a while to post on product review.
Replaced my ceiling, ceiling vats, painted all ceilings and walls that were affected. Fixed roof and replaced my whirly bird.
Appointed builders were Patterson builders, amazing!
Professional, courteous, timely.
Recommendation 100%

Claim DateDecember 2019
Ash

AshPerth, WA

They are only good on increasing the monthly payment, NOTHING else.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only
Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They don't care about you at all

Claim DateApril 2020
Suman

SumanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible service,Do not waste your time and money

Been with them for 32 years made 1 claim of shower leak and it’s took 11 months for them to hand the bathroom back.
The whole experience was just horrible.
rang comminsure several times regarding all the issues and why it was taking so long but they were no helpful at all.
Builder and cba were not taking ownership for and thing.It was like a big joke to them and they did not care at all. If it takes them nearly 11 months just for a small claim god help people with bigger claims.
It takes 24hrs for a reply after any phone call taken. And then no one knows what they are doing.

Please before you purchase do your research they are the most expensive insurance provider and absolutely rubbish.
A very very stressful experience.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible Customer Service- do not even go near this company to get an insurance

Property TypeDuplex

Will Fish

Will FishSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Any small claim and up goes the premium

Switched to Comminsure a couple of years ago for home and contents insurance, and renewal arrived the other day. Went online to compare premium they quoted me (an existing customer) with premium quoted for a new customer (with exactly the same details), and new customer would get exactly same policy nearly $200 cheaper per annum. Phoned them to discuss. Because we made a small claim ($750 paid, half what we claimed) for food loss during the bushfires, our policy goes up $200 per year - apparently forever!!!! Serious??? Yes, that is how it works with CommInsure, and I am now looking for another insurer. Suggest you do also.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

That's is a terrible home content insurance

Jaqueline A.

Jaqueline A.

My God

I've been with cba all my life, I. M 66,now after reading this review, I think I. M taking my money and going elsewhere. As for the insurance quote, I don't think I. Ll take their offer. Never heard such bad reviews

CYBEROO

CYBEROOAU

One star is too generous

I made the mistake of switching to this insurance co a few years ago. Their portable contents cover in the Home & Contents is very deceptive and incredibly confusing so even though I had read the PDS and thought my expensive multifocals were covered they weren't after I lost them out hiking.
I feel very ripped off and urge you not to even consider these charlatans if you are shopping around for home & contents insurance.
I've cancelled and moved to Bank of Melbourne insurance, their policies are clearer and cheaper.

Claim ApprovedNo

Deceiving incompetent and beyond amateur

Absolutely rubbish service. One phone call in Six weeks and denied claim for water damage to bathroom area and en-suite. Use incompetent so called expert tradies who are useless and liars telling comminsure they have done work and haven’t. One claim in 17 years and they treat you like criminals. They are the worst company to deal with in anything and they have the gall to send emails and Facebook messages asking how you have enjoyed you’re experience.
Avoid these incompetent and deceptive fools at all costs.

Charlie N

Charlie N

Absolute farce

Claim DateMarch 2020

Steven dunn

Steven dunnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good

Never in my life will I recommend this insurance company or bank again - the integration my husband and myself were put under - over our home been burnt down - lost everything- it has completing caused us stress near broke our marriage up - and to get a phone call saying there is a person of interest - we deferred our home loan during this process etc - and were rejected another home loan from them - the stress that it put us under and his children was surreal

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Sash v

Sash vGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If you like nightmares then go get comminsure insurance

Been with them for 35 years made 1 claim
And it’s taken over a month still on going.
Appointed one case manger but have spoken to all case managers at comminsure
Except mine.No one takes ownership of your matter seriously.It takes 24hrs for a reply after any phone call taken. I’ve been sent the same email 3 times by different case managers.Clearly no one knows what there doing. Please before you purchase do your research as clearly I didn’t!
A very very stressful experience.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateJune 2020

Bad phone service

Rang to enquire about a claim at 1.45 pm Message said very busy 45 min wait with the option to call me back . Waited 90 mins to receive the call back then told to press 1 to accept the call . Nothing happen .Rang a further 3 times same thing a recording which did not connect. Rang the number again Been in a queue for another hour with no response. Wasted a whole afternoon trying to speak to a human . Bet if I wanted a quote I will get to speak to someone within minutes!
Appalling phone service

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2020
Kris

KrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor comm and denied unreasonably

Found them to be totally unresponsive and difficult to contact. Telephone contact is non existent for a claim. Claim was denied eventhough it was an accidental damage. Cancelling all my insurance with them.

Lolitha R.

Lolitha R.Southwest, VIC

They were really great exactly when I need them

I was with com bank mortgage and was too busy with arranging other stuff so mortgage broker did actually sorted out com insurance for me.
You never value insurance until you really need in help. On Saturday night bunch of kids(I hope) smashed my front windows. Com bank emergency claim service has sent me emergency glazier within 40 minutes. That's faster and the guy made it safe and secure at 1 am during this winter. On Monday they replaced my glasses and that's it. All is sorted in smooth transition. They cared my safety above all. Thank you!

Property TypeApartment/Unit