Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (8)
    • 1-2 months (22)
    • 3+ months (31)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (49)

Sudi
Sudisydney

Worst ever customer service

They are really not responsive when you need them most ! I needed a currency certificate but it took long time in a queue to get the answer ( not successful after waiting 2 hours) .I'm so frustrated and desperate ! :(
God knows how would it be if I wanted to claim as I found no one responsive !

Coverage TypeHome Only
Anh L.
Anh L.Sydney, NSW

Please stay away from Comminsure

Coverage TypeContents Only
Kel
KelPerth, WA

No response, no contact, no idea what's happening with my claim

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Baya
BayaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Claim Experience. Stay Away!

I have been with CommInsure Home for three years and made my first claim. I made a claim for a leaking roof on Feb 2021. They had dragged it for about 5 months saying they have been waiting for some policy documents. The worst part is they have never called me to advise the progress. I had to make several phone calls to follow up - with no clear update on the progress. At the end, they said (I also called this time), they don't cover the claim because it is a building defect. It has taken them 5 months to reach decision; this should have taken only few days. They wasted my time and energy when I could have it repaired before it caused further damage. I am switching to another insurance.

Barbel grant
Barbel grantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont go with them, I repeat, DONT.

They dont mind taken Money of you but when it comes to a Claim, they are very quick to refuse it. I had nothing but bad experience with them, not only once what was a Life Insurance and I paid for years only to be told when I turned 65 the Policy no longer is in place now. What a waste of money.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
DTX
DTXSydney, NSW

Rediculous claim process

Simon
Simon

Stay away from CBA insurance, seriously CBA should close the insurance department it totally destroy your reputation !!!

Very disappointed in an institution I believed in

The online claims, no response.
Call centre confirmed what I needed to do.
Attended
4 emails unanswered.
Multiple hours in hold. I’m up to 1.5 hours as I write this text.
I’m done. Exiting quick smart after I finally get some recognition of this claim. Taking home loans and other policies elsewhere out of principle

JB
JB

DO NOT INSURE WITH COMMINSURE!

I made a claim in March as we had storm damage. June 23rd and 3 phone calls later. Finally got told the claim was denied due to flashing! Since when does rain run up the valley to leak in the pitch of the roof? I have to pay for another assessor as the previous one has no idea and pointed out a totally different area to the leak. After 30 years CommInsure I am going elsewhere never to return. You have lost my business and ultimately 1000’s of others. Save your money and go somewhere else and the heartache. Their only goal is to deny your claim.

Rachel W.
Rachel W.Gippsland, VIC

Don’t use this company!!! Very bad experience

Written on behalf of my parents two separate houses both same insurance company.

Comminsure has been horrible to deal with. A week on from a major flood with houses unliveable and still no word.. they have lost everything and we have had no assistance from this company.

Would not recommend them at all!!!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
G DL
G DLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flooding vs hydrostatic pressure

March 2021 major storm event on the GC. Flooded the rear patio and uplifted the in-ground spa. What comes first Flooding or hydrostatic pressure? My argument is that the flooding that caused the uplift first not the other way around.
My initial claim was rejected. I took it to the next level which they now conceded there was a flooding issue and proposed 50/50 payout for the rectification work.
I am declining this offer based on my principles and will take this further up the chain for an amount less than $5k to fix.
I have waisted over $150k with Cominsure over so many years and this is absolutely appalling.
I am deeply disappointed with the assessors in an endeavour to appease the share holders for any loses.

Don't do it to yourself - Avoid

After the recent unprecedented storms, I have water damage to my house. Nearly 2 months have passed since my claim was lodged. My claim was handled bey a third party. After a parade of people including those who "patched" the roof with silicone, assessors which found the repair work etc. communication ground to a halt. I had the privilege of waiting in line for nearly an hour only to be fed an excuse to deny my claim. This is not an insurance policy - is it a sponsorship to a bank. I am taking by business elsewhere. It is a shame I can't give lower than one star

shaunmsHunter Region, NSW

Still waiting on the phone

Mr Tran
Mr Tran

Very poor - Avoid

Very long wait times on the phone, never claimed before - they will ring and ask you if you have claimed before ! In time of need - when my house was leaking, came and put a tarp over the top - then took about 2 months to make a decision - only to reject your claim. Defintely one to steer clear of in my opinion.

stefan
stefanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I.m just about to sign up

After reading these reviews, I.m thinking of taking all my affairs out of cba....are they all true? I hope not,as I've been a bank customer since 1967 or 66....waiting for goodcreview

Read more reviews - page 2