Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

James

James

Total ripoff

These guys are a disgrace been with them for 17yrs and the 1st time I made a claim it
Got denied to a lame excuse they just take your money beware if you are thinking of home insurance.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019

Tiffany

TiffanyPerth, WA

I never know Supplement exists until I made a claim.

Claim MadeNo

Wish I could score it as 0.

I have a pipe leaking and the insurance assessment took over 4 months and rejected it in the end with some irrelevant and ridiculous reasons. The assessment report doesn't even include any photos mentioned in the report. Very very bad experience. They have also increased the fee from 70/month to 92 in 2 years time.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateMay 2019

Total fraud and rip off. Never trust these guys.

I have been with comminsure for number of years for building and contents.
Put my claims for aircons and floor repairs. It took so many months and comm insure is not willing to pay for the claims worth of approximately $8K for silly reasons. Total rip off and fraudulent.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home and Storm and Rainwater

bin

bin

I tried to claim my apple 6plus phone through comminsure

I tried to claim my apple 6plus phone through comminsure they said i have to pay 500 dollars excess, the phone is not even worth 500 dollars. I'm going to change the company soon. Can anyone suggest a better one.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Cliff

CliffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripped off!!!!

I have or shall I say had home content insurance with the commonwealth bank for close to two years,,i accidentally broke one of my chineses emperor statutes, so i made a claim and guess what surprise surprise my claim was rejected because the statue does not fall under contents WHAT!!! But they were very happy to take my money every month...never again ...shame shame commonwealth bank choke on the claim...

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019

Miriam J.

Miriam J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Madness

Monthly instalments have increased from $62 in 2017 to $87 in 2018 and just received a renewal for $118. Just cancelled the policy. That’s ludicrous. An increase of more than 50% in 2 years.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Chenna Krishna Reddy Ban

Chenna Krishna Reddy BanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip off and disgusting

As a customer I have been with Comm bank for 10 years and took Home and contents Insurance 4 years back along with Housing loan I am with Zero claims but still they increased my premium to $1400 from $1027. I have called the customer service and the guy said there will be an increase of 6% every year which I agreed but he was not able to justify why there is an increase of $373 from last year. I have cancelled the policy and moved to Woolworths at a cheaper cost saving almost $560

Claim MadeNo

Waste of time, you will be paying them for nothing.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Kristie

KristiePerth, WA

If I could give 0 stars I would!!!

mitch0

mitch0Perth, WA

Be Aware

Have been a customer with Comm. Ins. for several years.
My very first claim has not been handled well.
Long drawn out responses within claims dept. After 1 month I get a negative answer, without my claim even being assessed.
This is a boundary fence problem, my next door neighbour's insurance company sent an assessor onsite, had his claim approved and paid within 14 days.
This company, really appear to just want to dismiss as many claims as they can.
Wished I had read some of these reviews 5 years ago.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Bron L.

Bron L.Far North Queensland, QLD

WORST EVER. DON'T USE EVER

Been with them nearly two years and go to make a claim. Service is appalling. Want me to pay 2 excesses. Have hire car in insurance but you have to pay rental bond. Disgusting. Put in written complaint. No action taken.book your car in for repairs over 1.5 hrs away instead of locally. What a joke this insurance is. Save yourself the heartache. Don't use.

Property TypeOther
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Terrible, never again

Having a great experience with CBA banking, I went with landlord insurance with them. I have been trying to contact them to get an update on claim but no response.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateMarch 2019

Absolutely do not insure with comm bank

We had the roof of our deck collapse after a storm. Won’t cover it for absolute lame reasons. Now I read the reviews of how bad they are!! Obviously changing insurers but hopefully can stop others from making the same mistake.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Bill HaranIllawarra, NSW

keep clear of this mob

Had a severe storm and arborist said I needed to remove the tree immediately to prevent it falling on house and causing extensive damage. Sought to be reimbursed $350 (after excess deducted). Told not covered but would have been covered if tree had fallen on house (would have been thousands of dollars in damage). I explained contract law requires an insured party to take reasonable action to prevent or mitigate damage but they still would not pay a lousy $350 - they should have taken me out to lunch. Will not be reinsuring, not that they care.

Bill Haran

After a detailed second submission and advising CommInsure I was filing a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority I was contacted within 3 days and my claim settled - guess I have to give them credit for that.

DANNY/KELLY

DANNY/KELLYPerth, WA

Knocked back again

Been with them 25 years and never made any other claim,besides the 2 below.
Neighbours shed blew over fence and damaged the structure of concrete wall (knocked back )
Water damage under my ceilings from 2 x flash floods (was told it was from waterproofing incorrect,damage came after house had been built for 8 years?)

MaysInPerth

MaysInPerthPerth

December claim and no reply for 3 months!!

I have one claim in and they said driver error which it wasn’t!

Now I have another claim, since December 2018 been waiting for them to call me and nothing and apart one call in one 2 months! Then a letter and then nothing!! Not good!!

Naturally, I want to fix my car and my insurer is awol not good and only reflective of today’s call and 1 hour plus and no reply for my commitment to talk to them not good!!

Mark May

Claim DateAugust 2018

C.A.D.

C.A.D.Sydney, NSW

Upsold “phone insurance” on my first day in Australia 5 years ago

They upsold me home and contents insurance (and I don’t even have a home) which I thought was odd but it was my first day in Australia 5 years ago and she bent my arm to sign up.. I am aware of their strict upselling policy with auto prompts on what to sell. Fast forward 5 years and phones were no longer covered via this policy. The (rising) premium was paid in full and now they won’t pay out as they changed the PDS. WOW

Coverage TypeContents Only