Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Gold Cards)

Mark I.

Mark I.Sydney, NSW

I'm impressed by how smooth the handling of my claim was!

I lost my $2000 phone whilst travelling, and when I came back I made a claim. Although the police report was in another language, and the ink was very light among other details that insurances might argue about, still my claim was approved without any questions or arguments in the predefined timeframe, despite being in the middle of the coronavirus crises. I think I'm going to stick with them for good.

DestinationSouth America
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Honoured 100% of my claim without debate

While others have criticised this insurance, I only have high praise. I travel frequently and always read the PDS carefully whenever I purchase insurance. This time I took the free travel insurance as it offered everything we needed. When my father sadly died requiring a sudden return from our trip the call centre staff were sympathetic and helpful. Yes you have to book and pay your own way home, but I expected that, and yes the claim form is a little arduous to complete, but they did not dispute any of my expenses and paid promptly once the death certificate was provided. If you read the PDS and it has what you need then I highly recommend this travel insurance.

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeYes