Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Credit / Debit Card Insurances, Comprehensive, Essentials, etc...

1.9

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Close your CBA account and go elsewhere

A Royal Commission has not deterred this company from selling dud policies. Travel Insurance taken out 5 months before pandemic was useless and not worth a cent. Claim denied so now out of pocket thousands. Only way to talk to this bank is to leave and go elsewhere. Been with them for life but when you lose so much money in one hit due to dud insurance agreements, go elsewhere. Policy taken out in good faith well before pandemic means nothing.

Claim DateAugust 2020
Mark I.

Mark I.Sydney, NSW

I'm impressed by how smooth the handling of my claim was!

I lost my $2000 phone whilst travelling, and when I came back I made a claim. Although the police report was in another language, and the ink was very light among other details that insurances might argue about, still my claim was approved without any questions or arguments in the predefined timeframe, despite being in the middle of the coronavirus crises. I think I'm going to stick with them for good.

DestinationSouth America
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Government travel ban, worldwide pandemic, doctors reccomendation for safety of pregnant wife= NO CLAIM

DestinationAustralia
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Travel Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Pointless, not real insurance

Just finished going through the process of attempting to claim for items stolen from a hire car. Basically so many wriggle words in the PDS that almost nothing was covered, got a $5 approved reimbursement.. pathetic.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Another bank deception

Been a member of the Com bank for 40 years, and after they recommended their credit card travel insurance,then to find out afterwards that it doesn’t cover the Coronavirus.I felt that the bank has continued on there misleading ways.BUYER BEWARE.Considering I activated the policy six months ago,before paying $27,000 for our holiday.

Dan

Dan

Thanks for nothing

After choosing this card insurance, thinking that it was a reward for being good customers for decades I have just found out like many others that it is useless now with the corona virus problem. If I read the small print correctly, you go OS get sick and they can relate this to the virus you are wiped. If you hear of problems in the media and go you are wiped. This also applies if the Government gives a warning and you go. Also we paid nearly a $1000 extra to cover any pre-existing conditions, I wonder if they will refund us this? I thought all policies were supposed to be transparent and easily understood by the average person.
Never again will I use this service. PS I think we are covered for werewolf bite but will check the fine print.

Insurance Cover ForSenior
Pinkelli

Pinkelli

Absolutely useless - don’t use it

Activated the policy prior to Corvid-19 outbreak. Policy does not cover medical claims or disruption to travel (if I go and am affected by the virus) or cancellation (if I don’t) ... I also note that the cover doesn’t include loss of ‘valuables’ ... which makes me wonder what they actually do cover ... I’m still going on holidays, will manage the risks (having done the research on Japan they’re relatively minor) and will cancel all CBA accounts when I get back (including affiliated banks) and encourage as many others of my friends and family to do the same.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Orestes

OrestesBrisbane

The card and free insurance you should avoid.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Honoured 100% of my claim without debate

While others have criticised this insurance, I only have high praise. I travel frequently and always read the PDS carefully whenever I purchase insurance. This time I took the free travel insurance as it offered everything we needed. When my father sadly died requiring a sudden return from our trip the call centre staff were sympathetic and helpful. Yes you have to book and pay your own way home, but I expected that, and yes the claim form is a little arduous to complete, but they did not dispute any of my expenses and paid promptly once the death certificate was provided. If you read the PDS and it has what you need then I highly recommend this travel insurance.

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Steve

SteveMelbourne

Zero zero zero star...Don't use commbank's travel insurance "Covermore by Zurich Australia

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Teenager
Unhappy66

Unhappy66AU

Absolutely Useless Policy

Phone was stolen with cash inside the wallet, whilst the phone on table with arm touching it. Provided evidence of the fact of the withdrawal amount as they requested this. Came back with a response stating that the cash must have been on my physically and denied cash aspect of claim.

The phone they only compensate for purchase price and not the rrp. Makes it difficult when the phone was a one off sale or a gift as they only give the purchase price. Never again!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Google is considered a '3rd party provider' (so no compensation)

When I lost my flight ticket due to no fault of my own (the airline, WOW air, shut down overnight with no warning and no compensation for customers) I called the Commbank Insurance people. They told me that Google is considered a 3rd party provider, so they could not refund my ticket. They said this was written on page 46 of their booklet. This seems like a good way of getting out of paying insurance to customers. Nobody reads 46 pages of an insurance policy, let alone 1 page, and Google is probably the go-to provider for 9 out of 10 people, so to call it a 3rd party provider is not appropriate. They are the main provider. This is not reasonable. I'm disappointed with this insurance policy.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Claim DateJuly 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never again CBA insurance!

Do not choose CBA Travel Insurance, It does not cover you properly, only cover your overseas medical assistance if it is fitt in the policy, but if you bring back any problems from overseas and it is cost you thousands of dollars after you back then they will not cover your expenses.
I will never use CBA Ti. again!
Also, the claim is horrible. It takes about 20 min to get someone to the phone to talk with.

Consumer 123

Consumer 123Melbourne

'Free' but if you have to pay for expensive add-ons it's uncompetitive

Insurance Cover ForSenior

MJ K

MJ KAdelaide

Worst free travel insurance..Don't trust them

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Shaun

ShaunHobart, TAS

Their phone operators are a bit curt

I just had a call to the claims line and the operator seemed as though she couldn't wait to get me off the phone. They answered almost immediately (which is a positive), but almost seemed like they have an incentive to keep the call short!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Carly

CarlyPerth, WA

Very happy with free credit card insurance claim

I use the complimentary international travel insurance that comes with my credit card every time I travel. I put in for 2 claims this year for a bali trip that was cut short due to the earthquake. I found the process to be easy, great customer service and received full claim with no trouble and a speedy manner. Very impressed and will continue to use each time I travel.

Br00

Br00Sydney, NSW

Speedy Resolution of Claim.

We cancelled our trip to Lombok after the earthquakes. We submitted a claim for our return air fares. We included letters from the airlines proving that we did not take the flights.
Two days after the submission, we received a call to advise us that our claim was succesful.
A further two days and the correct amount of fund was deposited in our account.
We are very happy with this travel insurance and will continue to use the product.

Brian