1.0

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (3)

Government travel ban, worldwide pandemic, doctors reccomendation for safety of pregnant wife= NO CLAIM

Pointless, not real insurance

Just finished going through the process of attempting to claim for items stolen from a hire car. Basically so many wriggle words in the PDS that almost nothing was covered, got a $5 approved reimbursement.. pathetic.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Dan

Dan

Thanks for nothing

After choosing this card insurance, thinking that it was a reward for being good customers for decades I have just found out like many others that it is useless now with the corona virus problem. If I read the small print correctly, you go OS get sick and they can relate this to the virus you are wiped. If you hear of problems in the media and go you are wiped. This also applies if the Government gives a warning and you go. Also we paid nearly a $1000 extra to cover any pre-existing conditions, I wonder if they will refund us this? I thought all policies were supposed to be transparent and easily understood by the average person.
Never again will I use this service. PS I think we are covered for werewolf bite but will check the fine print.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards) compares to other Travel Insurance

Pinkelli

Pinkelli

Absolutely useless - don’t use it

Activated the policy prior to Corvid-19 outbreak. Policy does not cover medical claims or disruption to travel (if I go and am affected by the virus) or cancellation (if I don’t) ... I also note that the cover doesn’t include loss of ‘valuables’ ... which makes me wonder what they actually do cover ... I’m still going on holidays, will manage the risks (having done the research on Japan they’re relatively minor) and will cancel all CBA accounts when I get back (including affiliated banks) and encourage as many others of my friends and family to do the same.

OrestesBrisbane

The card and free insurance you should avoid.

Unhappy66

Unhappy66AU

Absolutely Useless Policy

Phone was stolen with cash inside the wallet, whilst the phone on table with arm touching it. Provided evidence of the fact of the withdrawal amount as they requested this. Came back with a response stating that the cash must have been on my physically and denied cash aspect of claim.

The phone they only compensate for purchase price and not the rrp. Makes it difficult when the phone was a one off sale or a gift as they only give the purchase price. Never again!

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance reviews

PandL

PandLasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

Are we covered if the first leg of our trip is not a flight.? Example: We live in Canberra - If we are booked to cruise overseas out of Sydney and we drive to Sydney to meet the cruise ship is our insurance for the cruise period covered? Friends have told us other policies with other banks state that to be covered the first leg of your trip has to be a flight.

John

Johnasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

Is it correct that under the CBA Credit Card Insurance with CoverMore, if you booked travel before the advent of Coronavirus (Covid 19), you are NOT covered under the policy issued, should you contract the Virus?

Eric
Eric

I dont think any insurance covers corona since late January or earlier

Never trust a bank
Never trust a bank

Combank travel insurance is useless,it doesn’t matter when you started it your not covered.Next time try another bank or go directly to an insurance company.

MarleneF

MarleneFasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

How much do I have to spend on travel to get the free insurance?

Steve
Steve

If you are a CommBank customer and have the right level of Visa credit card membership then its free.

Just log onto CommBank travel insurance, apply for it, and its issued free.

However... I have found (unfortunately) the issuing insurance underwriters (Covermore) makes you jump through endless hoops in order the claim.

I think CommBank are trying to do the right thing, its the underwriter that is my concern as my claim has been rejected.

Alternatively, if you have an AMEX credit card, then any travel booked with Amex that is over $1,000 automatically includes travel insurance.

I highly recommend you inquire into each PDS, however these are my well travelled experiences.

Orestes

100% agree. I even told from Covermore claim officer saying it is a free insurance (so don't complain and accept declining decision)

Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited
Loss of Income$7,500
Permanent DisabilityNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)
Travel Documents / Passport $500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $5,000