Connollys Timber and Flooring

Connollys Timber and Flooring

Eight Years On.....

We had a Queensland Spotted Gum Timber Floor installed by Connolly's Timber in 2010. Eight years on it still looks beautiful and still has the Wow factor I wouldn't go anywhere else.

disappointing

Used unknown contractors to do the work.
Promised to achieve a darker colour through tinting and floors somehow seemed lighter
Hand prints and marks left all over finished painted walls scratches and fonts on skirting and walls.
Given the chance to make good but never returned my call

Absolutely Brilliant - Tassie Oak and Black Butt with a matt finish - Classy

Brilliant. No way would I risk floor boards to anyone else. They did the next door neighbours place and based on that they did my place. Tasmanian oak upstairs and black butt downstairs (both with a Matt Finish). Absolutely Brilliant. A real professional operation.

Connellys do floorboards. Thats what they do and they do it to perfection. Dont waste you time and money on some "fly by nighter". Laying floorboards is not as easy as you think, it needs to be done by professionals with ALL the tools to do the job

Complete satisfaction

We chose Connollys to replace a floor that had been installed incorrectly. Found that Craig & Shaun were very helpful and the showroom excellent. We are extremely happy with the floor that was installed. A quality installation.

Honest, helpful and good quality

We ordered 126sqm of T/oak hardwood overlay flooring (15mm thick), which my son and I laid ourselves. Big job, but beautiful result in the end. Craig was very helpful with the most important of advice. Most importantly regarding the subfloor prep. We were going down on concrete and needed to lay (and flat sand first) structural 15mm ply, before we could do anything. Mechanical fixings at this point are critical. Was going to Ramset but Graig said NOOO! Need something like a Powers Spike bolt that had to be hand drilled and hand driven. 1200 of them in total. turn out to be easier and less painful than imagined. Ply is now fixed to the concrete forever. BTW use 15mm ply don't skimp on 12mm! if you do, you'll soon know why I have given this insight. Craig sold us the Bostick hardwood glue. Had a fit at the price at first, but after doing my homework, I can see that this was the best investment we could have made. This was a difficult job to do as DIY, and not for someone without skills. I am not from a trades background, so I am not typically the sort of person to do this sort of project. But the result is brilliant and my son and I feel we have achieve something substantial with our floor. BTW., took a week to lay given the extra time we took to carefully select our timber shades and lengths. We went for 10% wastage and had 12 boards left. Connellys were great and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them. Thanks guys.

Great Value

I used Connollys and I'm very happy of the purchase. I was fascinated by the amount of species of timber, and the guys were amazing. We just fell in love with, and opted for the Spotted Gum. I was amazed by Craig's honesty and customer service.

Knowledge, Great Product & customer service.

They have a beautiful display showroom. We were double minded about our decision but Craig gave us time & info to make the perfect choice. We took a long time to decide & visited the showroom so many times but we always got the same level of customer service.
They just don't turn their back on you after installation & polishing. I am still in touch with Craig who always offers that he can visit anytime if I have any concerns or questions. We are raving about Connolly's timber flooring to my friends.

Good Luck Craig & Shaun

Really pleased.

Connolly's were really very good - I went to several other stores before going to Connolly's - a Solomons, a Carpet Call, an eco bamboo place and a cut price flooring place and just did not get the feeling that I would get the right product that looked good, would last and was good value. When we went to Connolly's they had such a big range in room-sized displays - so we could really see how it would look.
Still confused, we asked for their advice about which wood was best for us and they steered us to spotted gum with matt finish. They laid it on the day I needed them to, even though I know it took some juggling on their part. The floor layers did a great job mixing up the colours of the boards. They took off the skirting boards and the doors which needed a bit taken off the bottom.They got it all done in one long day.
10 days later we got it polished (we had to move out for a few days) and it really does look beautiful. An unexpected bonus is that it is very solid feeling and quiet to walk on, unlike floating floors.
The rest of the kitchen reno has been difficult but not the floor part!

amazing showroom, service and expertise! 10/10

I had major issues with my floors from very poor and inexperienced floor layers. I went to connollys on advice from my friend and it was the best decision i ever made! their showroom is amazing! the service was fantastic and they were able to fix my floor and then do my mother's floors as well. I wish i had gone there to begin with it would have saved me thousands! I highly recommend them, I wouldnt go anywhere else!

oh they also have a kids room which is fantastic to keep the kids amused!

Loved it so much had to go back for more!

Travelled all over Melbourne to find something unique, found exactly what I wanted at Connoly's. Staff were amazing-- so helpful.

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant......

We used Connelly's to install spotted gum throughout the entire home of our current building/renovating project. Their knowledge, experience and expertise was unmatched - knew immediately what Wormy Chestnut was and had a sample...! Their showroom is beautiful displaying various grades and types of timbers. They seem to source the best quality timbers all round! The filling of feature grade timber was executed wonderfully and with respect to the actual timber - no black blobs...!

Both Glenn & Greg are a delight to deal with and Roc the installer so efficient and meticulous....

Thank you guys .....certainly surpassed expectations.......

Timber floors and customer service

Up until now on our quest to solve which boards we should get for our front verandah renovation, we've only had people in large hardware places agree with what we said - great unless we have the wrong info. Went to Connollys after a quick Google search on where to check out timber floors and after a chat with Craig we'd switched to a different type of timber and knew exactly what to buy and how much we'd need - this was all before we'd committed to a sale. Businesses and the people that run them that bother to take the time to walk you through everything you need and the details of it all and why it will or won't work are few and far between. We've placed our order with Connollys based on their customer service and a competitive price. Highly recommended.
Easy to park, wealth of information

Wanted to follow this up - we've had our verandah down now for a couple of years and we're very very happy with the timber choice - it looks great! Thanks again, Craig.

Excellent service!

We used Connollys Timber for floor boarding one of our rooms. The service from the moment we began was excellent. They were extremely professional and gave us all the advice we needed. The whole process was fuss free and smooth. We would definitely recommend them to others and we would use them again.
reliable, professional and efficient

Great job, excellent price.

I had Connollys install some new timber flooring in 3 bedrooms in my home. The guys did a fantastic job and worked quickly and cleanly. The staff at Connollys were also really helpful in arranging a quote and site visit. I had about 5 quotes for this job and Connollys were definitely the stand out in terms of price and service.
Reliable, good value

We would highly recommend Connollys for timber flooring

We have just had beautiful Tallow Wood timber flooring installed in our house and our experience with Connollys could not be faulted. They are very proud and particular about the whole timber floor issue and provide expert advice on every aspect. We were in good hands. As we are in the middle of renovations we had to change the installation date several times and they were very accommodating to our needs. When they came to install they were on time, efficient and professional. The job they did was stunning and we are already getting very favourable comments from people who have seen our new floor. We recommend to anyone considering putting timber floor boards in their house to go and check out Connollys in Coburg and get their expert advice. You won't be disappointed.
Stunning result, perfect workmanship, easy company to deal with.

Best decision ever - choosing wooden flooring

Connollys installed NSW spotted gum throughout my house after I decided to replace my carpet with timber flooring - the best decision I have made in a long time. The result is beautiful and is admired by everyone who sees it. Connollys was a joy to work with from the staff in the sales room, staff who came to house to measure and advise, the men who laid the floor and those who later polished it. Everything was explained in detail with regard to the process and the costs involved. I found them to be a professional bunch at every stage of the process and recommend them without reservation.
I could not be more pleased with my floor - a beauty that will delight for years.
Reliable, professional and providing extensive advice and information

So good I have used them twice

They always try to understand fully what the customer wants then give honest professional advice. They installed beautiful Blackbutt hardwood floors in our apartment. Magnificent. Recommended them to 2 other owners.
Then repaired and re-sealed our parquet floors in our new townhouse. High gloss - like a mirror. They gave good advice to my wife not to use high gloss but she loves it. Each time their advice has been spot on.
Would certainly trust them with our floors again.
very professional. The result both times has been amazing.

A pleasurable experience

My wife and I visited the Connollys showroom and were overwhelmed by the amount of timber species available. We were initially looking to feature bamboo in our home and have our builder install it, however after spending valuable time with Craig and Glenn in the showroom, decided against both. We were fascinated by the amount of species on show, and the guys were more than happy to touch upon those my wife and I pointed out. We just fell in love with, and opted for, the Spotted Gum. Being the inquisitive type, I was amazed by Craig's honesty and wealth of knowledge regarding the installation and finishing process, and we subsequently decided that their team install and finish our floors.

During the whole process, the team at Connollys went above and beyond to meet all deadlines, follow-up and answer any queries. It has been a pleasurable experience. The attention to detail and effort put into our floors is second to none; put simply, our floors look amazing.
Great customer service, knowledge and professionalism

Simply the best

I have just finished building my home and I can honestly say that Connollys was the most professional company I dealt with throughout the building process. Their service was awsome, right from the first time I visited the Coburg showroom I felt this was the right company for me. I had been to a number of other showrooms and none of them made me feel comfortable until I went to Connollys. They had the answers to all my questions and concerns and when they finished the floor I couldn't have been happier, they did an awsome job, they were on time and did a fantastic job of installing and polishing the spotted gum floorboards. Thank you to Craig, Glen, Rok and George we love our new floors and happily recommend you to anyone looking for timber floors.
Professional, friendly, skilled, helpful,

Fabulous Floors; Connollys are great

As part of our home renovation we had Connollys install solid timber floors in a long hallway, dining room, kitchen and living room in June / July 2012. From the outset we were very impressed with [name removed] and his knowledge of timber, his comitment to the product and his confidence in his team who would do the installing. And we weren't disappointed. The whole process went as planned and [name removed] did a great job of installing and [name removed] of polishing. The floors are Spotted Gum and look spectacular; they are a feature of our home. We had initially considered going with laminate or floating floors but are so pleased that we went with the real deal.
Professional, confident service. Knew what they were doing.
Sanding floors was a bit messy but well worth it in the end.

I am worried from going to floor boards from carpet that I will have more dust and the floors might get scratched more easily. How durable are timber floors, Good with pets??? Does dust get everywhere or show more. Had carpet for thirty years want to know if it is a good transition from carpet to timber or will I regret it. Karenn
We do not have pets so cannot comment there but have gone from carpet to timber and we are very happy - would recommend Connollys for both quality of work and advice on guiding you through the decisions - we found them very helpful and very knowledgeable. We went for spotted gum whcih is beautiful and hard - so scratches have not been a problem. There is more dust but not really visible and only on the floor - so only evident when you sweep - which I do about 2-3 times per week in busy areas and only occasionally in less busy areas - but there are only 2 of us living here. We are very glad we have gone to floor boards and have actually found them warmer and dust and scratches are not problems at all and they look so beautiful.Agree with the previous answer in that a hard wood floor is pretty durable though expensive, I would steer clear of Connelly's though as we had problems with damage to property, overcharging and no follow up.

Similar listings