3.4

Noise Level
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Cooper Tires? Claim your listing.

PhilSydney, NSW12 posts

Noise Level
CraigBrisbane3 posts

Buy something else

Tyres didn’t wear well at all, less than 40k out of a set

Tyres were pretty good performance and noise wise when first fitted but as they wore they got a real rumble

At the RRP really not worth the coin as you will get better longevity from a cheaper tyre and the performance was not any better than the OEM tyre

Sandy
SandyNT, 8203 posts

Good tyres

Just put another set of these coopers at3 on my 200 series landcruiser. I was very impressed with the first set i had, they lasted 80k and are nice and quiet on the road. Before the coopers i has a set of mickey thompsons only lasted 50k and howled like a dog on heat.

Allan G
Allan GQLD, 416313 posts

so far so good

The tyres are very quiet on the road & very grippy weather your on a dry or wet road they look great, have them on my 4wd went on the beach & they preformed great on the sand when aired gown to 18 psi i will buy them again hopefully about 90.000 k from now.

Don Watson5 posts

Tyres appear ok but punctuated one tyre after 3000 kms

Concerned that tyres will last if you get a puncture. Performance to car concerning lucky I have a jeep with tyre monitors probably should have run it until it destroyed itself rather than trying to save tyre. No response back from Coopers. Tyre at my local dealership. Rang my tyre dealer in ballarat and was told to take it to Cooper tyre dealer in QLD. Told it had a hole in it but it spiked the Internal casing. Puncture was in middle of tread. Returned tyre to supplying dealer to have s look at who confirmed hole through tread but casing internally was damaged. Main concern no feedback from Coopers regarding a $300 tyre. Hope the other tyres don't get punctures for the next 76000 kms

umop3pisdn or AlexBrisbane15 posts

GREAT All Rounders!

Finally upgraded and bought a set of these A/T3's for my 2016 PXII Ranger about six months ago and I have to say I'm more than pleased with them. No loss in traction on road - wet or dry, road noise isn't too bad even with windows down imo and I've had zero issues in the soft sand of Bribie Island's inland track. On bush tracks I think they have proven their worth too over sharpish rocks and tree roots etc without puncture. Will def buy them again next round!

4th set

I have been running these tyres for 6 years now, I do 85,000km a year and find these are the best going around. I generally change them over at the 100,000kms and they are still going well and useable, they stick in the wet and have smooth quiet ride, what else could you ask for???? Thanks Cooper Tyres

Stauby
Stauby

DOUG
DOUG

Great tyre

These tyres i tried due to a good deal at the time. I have put on 92000klms and probly still got anotner 5000ks left. Noisy but worth the sacrafice for the extra kilometers. Definately buying these again. Great allrounder.Would recomend these tyres to anyone. I barely get 45000klm from previous brands.

Mick
Mick

Awesome, get the L/T construction though

I've had these on my car and done various types of off road driving. These tyres are an awesome all terrain tyre and have lasted great. I'm on 75,000kms and reckon I'll get 10k more. Sidewalls are tough and have handled being staked by rocks and stumps. My only gripe is they are expensive but like 'they' say, you get what you pay for. Will definitely get another set.

ROBERT
ROBERT

Junk!

Whilst these tyres were great on road, I did one weekend in the high country in the Pajero and two failed. One burst a sidewall and the other tore the tread clean off, both resulting in instant punctures. I'm not a rough off roader by any means but these tyres should be able to handle basic off roading. I would have been in big trouble if mates wheel hadn't fitted my car. took them off as soon as I got home.

Darren2 posts

No Warranty or After Sales Support

One tyre developed a sidewall bubble after only 10,000km. The local dealer came up with every excuse under the sun that it was a driver problem and not the tyre. Needless to say I've never returned to that dealer nor purchased Coopers again. No warranty or after sales support. No Warranty or after sales support.

Steve
Steve

Loose traction on front in wet around corners...at 50km/h

I took these tyres of the front after constantly loosing traction in wet around corners at probably less then 50 km/h. Yes wear very well - probably because they are so hard which is no good in the wet! I thought no good to only have tyres that wear well if the car has gone off the road into a tree or something

Pete
Pete

ZayChri
ZayChriDarwin, NT9 posts

Seem to get bad with age

Unlike a fine wine, these seem to age badly. The tyre's still have plenty of tread left, however have slight cracks from age. The absolute worst thing about them is in the wet they are dangerous. I went around a roundabout yesterday in heavy rain and I could feel them start to give way. I was shocked especially as it has still alot of tread. I wasn't even trying to push them.

The other negative is despite rotating them often, they still have a slight howl to them which gets a tad annoying long distance.

Billy G.
Billy G.

How much for 245/70/16 1 tire?

Phil

What are these tyres like on the beach in dry soft sand?

Don Watson

Phil they are quite good but I would go for the heavy duty ones especially if you encounter rocks on the beach. Just keep your pressures low I run at 16. Don’t try to turn sharply or you will roll they off the bead.

Pat

Just purchased a 4 x 4 camper with Cooper A/Ts which have done 70000 km.No nicks,separations etc.Look in good order Seem to have 20% wear left Thinking of doing the Tanami and Gibb Rds and Buchanan Hwy from Melbourne.Will they last distance? Pat

Darren

Hi Pat, they probably will make the distance. However, after about 50% wear the risk of puncture increases rapidly the more the tyres wear down. I personally would get new tyres for the trip and get the last of your current tyres closer to home.

Thanks Darren

On reflection Penny pinching is never a good strategy

See all Cooper A/T3 Light Duty questions

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Cooper Tires? Claim your listing.