Curves

Curves

See the Best Diet Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Meredith Osborne

Meredith OsborneCanberra 2600, ACT

Unhappy ending

Start DateFebruary 2016

Ange Douv

Ange DouvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trading hours changed without notice

Changes to shorten hours without notice from management claim to be short staffed yet when hired new staff hours stayed the same although many complaints to staff and management hours on websites are incorrect need updating
Better off going to a gym open all day without all these hourly restrictions

Start DateJanuary 2019
Additional Physical Activities None
Weight LostMy weight has stayed the same

Excellent Petersham Curves in Sydney

Petersham Curves is highly recommended to people who live or work in area of Inner West in Sydney. Michelle manager is energetic, positive and enthusiastic and always follows up with consumers` medical practitioners. She tailors the exercises program according to health needs and body abilities. All staff are professional, kind and helpful. The environment is nice and clean. I cannot imagine better place for women well-being!

Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Weight LostYes, I have reached my goal weight
Susan M.

Susan M.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Best decision I ever made!

I had been attending a rehab gym for a physical injury, when I decided to try Curves. Best decision ever. Staff are friendly, motivational and full of advice if you ask for it. Not pushy or demanding, but happy to Make suggestions if you ask. No pressure to perform, just a lovely, happy place to work out, at your own pace, as much or as little as you feel like.

Start DateMarch 2019

Avoid at all costs

Start DateNovember 2018
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting

Rosebud Curves is the best

Being going to Curves in Rosebud going on 8 year now & the gym is had 3 owners BUT Tracey who has own Curves in Rosebud for the last 3 years (going onto 4) is brilliant. Not only supportive but also helps with any information on how to lose the weight. The other girls who work with Tracey are really friendly, I'm getting more support from Tracey than I ever did from the previous 2 owners.

Worst value for money ever

This gym costs more than a 24 hour Gym and how ridiculous that you have to be there by 5.30 on Tuesdays or you cant do a work out. Went to go last night, walked in the door at 5.55pm and get told they close at 6pm for Christmas hours, they are only open short hours on Saturdays and closed Sundays and public holidays.
If you want value for money this place ain’t it.

Stolen from

I was a member of Curves for over 12months I phoned to cancel membership as I was working away from the area and I didn't think that I would be back . The owner of the Kilsyth Curves wouldn't cancel she insisted that she would put the membership on hold. Without my permission she started taking the membership out of my account even though I hadn't been back to the Gym for months. As far as I am concerned she has stolen $800 from me and refuses to pay it back.

Membership

I joined 12 months ago (June2017) and have for a few months not attended and just let my membership expire (June 2018) however membership payments continued to come out of my account without my permission after the 12 months because I did not cancel my membership.... I only signed for 12 months however membership continues until you say stop! Disappointed and feel ripped off you took money not owed based on your policy..... will take this higher.

Getting the most out of Curves is UP TO YOU.

Bubbles

Bubbles

Didn't make any difference to my "curves"

I joined up to lose weight and size but after a year I still had my curves and weight and noticed that a lot of the ladies that had been going for 3 years or more, looked the exact shape that I was trying to get rid of. Fun staff and lots of laughs but that doesn't get the flab off...!!!

Loved Curves up until 2 weeks ago.

Prue

PrueMandurah

Fantastic women at Mandurah curves

A huge thank you to Christine and Riss at Mandurah's curves for encouraging me and welcoming me to your gym. I love love love the atmosphere and positive vibe.

Blackcat

BlackcatNewcastle

Hard sell, all about money

I completed the Curves complete and did lose weight. Needless to say I went back to my old ways and enrolled again a year later, back where I started. Similar to others here, I was told I was signing up for a 3 month plan but was livid to find the contract I signed, which was thrust under my nose while I was on the circuit, was for 12 months. I quit as soon as I found out because I was already sick of the constant in-your-face stuff. I just wanted to do a workout and be left in peace. I got my bank to cancel the direct debit and wasn't pursued. Curves is good for all round exercise but is expensive and limited hours is so annoying.

Tracey3Melbourne

Concept great. Head office admin disgusting.

Whilst the amenities and staff at my location was great, when the centre closed down and I needed information regarding statements for my health insurance for rebates, suddenly nobody has information about me, no history or records of payments of the past 7 years of my loyal and prompt service and payment. When the place closed down where did all my history/records go. just make sure if you need info from your branch do it now because if they close their doors, you are a nobody and they don't want to help you at all.

Sandra Robinson

Sandra RobinsonSydney, NSW

Glad we're out.

My daughter and I joined the parramatta location. After a long time, the staff became rude, unsupportive and uncaring. We tried to get out of the contract, but they wouldn't let us until I threatened the ombudsman.

Great program for busy women

I've been going for years, it's a great program which gets you fit in 30 minutes. In fact I've never been fitter in my adult life. Of course you have to work at it, going 3 times a week is best. It only takes 30 minutes and no set times and I just call in on my way home from work. The people are professional and friendly.

Shas

ShasGold Coast

VERY DISHEARTENED.

MC971

MC971Sydney

Avoid Curves Enfield/Strathfield

Moved without providing notice then continued to take money from credit card. Did not update website, did not return calls, did not leave sign on the door, head office unable/unwilling to do anything. Promised refund never arrived.
Dirty, limited facilities, no close parking.
Hours of operation limited, not open Sundays.
Manager unpleasant (e.g will not open door until exact opening time even if pouring with rain) and is male which is suboptimal in a women's only gym.

Uniqe1

Uniqe1asked

I joined Curves in 2009, paying $59.00 per month. Will my monthly fee rise or will it always remain $59?

Coco
Coco

There is every chance that your monthly fee will rise. I too joined Curves in 2009 and my monthly fee increased over the years. Currently, it is just under $80-00 per month.

Jane M
Jane M

Cancel this Join perhaps weight watchers and walk 45 mins daily , stretch, squat and practice push ups. Don't waste your hard earned money on this type of business.

Mary Lindsley

Mary Lindsleyasked

after you have joined with a automatic withdraw from your checking can they change the time on you and still take your money?

Tracey3

As it's a monthly withdrawal from your account, that just happens. As far as time is concerned, I'm not sure what you mean because there is no set times for classes. Each club has their own opening and closing times.

Sally

Sallyasked

If you join curves can they increase your membership costs as time goes by? I was told it will always stay on your cost you joined up on. Can anyone advise me on this as my membership price has increased.

Menothere
Menothere

I am not completely sure. My membership did not change when I was member but also, my membership fees were discounted as I joined during a promotion, and once the promotion time expired I was paying the usual fees per month. Most gyms readjust pricing when the lease of the premises they are settled increase, so I would guess it is the same with Curves. The only way to be sure about this is to ask Curves directly 1300 287 837 or, even better, send them an email asking this here http://curves.com.au/contact-us. You will have a written proof in case you visit one of their gyms and a staff misinforms you. Also, read the terms and conditions!

Bazinga
Bazinga

Under normal circumstances your membership fees will always remain the same as when you started provided you never left and then rejoined. (Eg: If you joined and the rate was $59 a month but after 2 years you needed to cancel, but then after 6, 7, 8 months etc., you decided to rejoin, the monthly fees may have risen to $79 a month which is what you would not have to pay.
Sometimes we have promotions as we do at the moment. Monthly fees have been halved for 3 months and then come February 2016 your fees would be the normal $79 a month. This would be explained to you at the time of sign up.

Graeme S.
Graeme S.

Their so called legal document stating that "The Member may continue to maintain this membership, at the above monthly rate for the life of the member or the facility" is not worth the paper its written on. Even though our franchise remained under the same ownership they claimed that the umbrella company of Curves international had changed hands numerous times and therefore the agreement was void- what a load of crock!!

CategoryDiet Programs